Statistics

216,696 members
89,961 posts
  • New
    ja2903
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-04

mi p16m no se conecta a los demas p16m y no conecta luz de ultranet tengo 4 en total y solo funcionan 3

0 5
    • ja2903
      Nigel67 Hi, if your unit has stopped working, please send in a Service Ticket and the team will take care of this. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. This will open a new window. Scroll down and click on the Service tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Wed at 10:25 PM
    • ja2903
      ja2903 thanks
      • Thu at 11:47 AM
  • New
    PowerOne
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-27

Interested in purchasing the Powerplay Ha 8000 and would like to know if it will work in tandem with the p16 personal mixer  

0 9
    • PowerOne
      RexBeckett Hi PowerOne, is your plan to use the HA8000 to feed multiple headphones from a single P16-M? This should work provided everyone is happy to have the same monitor mix.

In my experience, musicians usually want individual monitor mixes. I don't see that the HA8000 would be much help with this.
      • Feb 27
  • New
    WillemKrabbe
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-24

Hi,

I noticed i can only assign an aes channel once to a group. When assingning the same channel to a second group it dissapears from the first group.
    This is logical but.

When i want to use the DP48 for  two musicians it could actually be helpfull to assign  the channels to 2  different groups.
    Because then user 1 can use group 1 for (example) drums and adjust the individual channels to his own flavour. User 2 can use group 2 for drums and adjust the individual channels for his own flavour.

Is there a possibility to change this in future firmware?

Willem

read more...
    0 4
    • WillemKrabbe
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Willem, unfortunately it is not possible to assign a channel to more than one group, due to the assignment design.
      • Feb 24
      • DP48
        WillemKrabbe Thanks for your quick reply. Pity though it's not possible.
        • Feb 24
  • New
    joshtew
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-20

Noticed this recently that when I switch off a DP48 with other units daisy chained to it, the downstream unit will produce a very loud pop sound in the headphones output even though the Volume knob has been fully lowered.

I noticed it because I could hear the pop from the headphones connected to another unit that was almost 2 meters away when I switched off 1 unit for firmware upgrade and testing.

Once again the volume level has been fully lowered on that downstream unit yet the pop sound came through so loudly and this happened consistently.

What will it do to a musician with in-ears when another musician upstream switches the unit off, by accident or for whatever other reason?!

Please fix this soon.

read more...
    0 12
    • joshtew
      Paul_Vannatto The loud popping sound is due to the breakage of the AES50 that passes through the DP48 in a daisy chain configuration when the upstream DP48 is turned off. This has been an issue since the introduction of the X32 (back in 2012) or even earlier. The fix is to get a Hub4 and connect the DP48 from it instead of daisy chaining. The other solution is to make sure nothing is turned off until everyone is finished and no longer using the DP48's. Also make sure you are using shielded cat5e/cat6/cat7 cable with ethercon ends.
      • Feb 19
      • Very Loud Pop(even with fully lowered Volume) when Upstream DP48  in daisy chain is switched off
        joshtew Wow, I feel there should be much better signal breakage handling from such professional equipment and at the very least the unit should conform to the volume knob setting...
        • Feb 19
    • joshtew
      Paul_Vannatto I'll report this to the developers (of the DP48) to see if they can do anything about it.
      • Feb 20
      • Very Loud Pop(even with fully lowered Volume) when Upstream DP48  in daisy chain is switched off
        joshtew Thanks, much appreciated
        • Feb 21
  • New
    GtrTom423
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-17

Folks:

I'm trying to make my new PM-1 personal monitor work, (plug in) to the Air XR-18 board, as my band currently uses this system.  In reading the manual for the PM-1, it's highlighting that I would need to use a quarter inch TRS cable end in order to have a stereo feed to the device, but other than the "phones" output on the board, all the other monitor feeds are a male ended XLR output.

Would a standard XLR cable work with this in stereo, or do you have a suggestion on the type of cable I should be using here to produce a stereo sound field?

Thanks,

Tom DeMartino

[email protected]

read more...
    0 3
    • GtrTom423
      DavidKnighton Hello Tom,
      Being that the XLR outs are balanced mono, you would need a very special cable for this to work correctly. Or you could take the mono out into a headphone amp/mixer and that could work too. The receiving XLR on the PM1 is and unbalanced stereo input, which is quite uncommon to see in my opinion. You essentially need to take one hot leg from two aux outs and wire them to pins 2 and 3 of the receiving XLR end. The cold legs of the aux outs need to be wired to pin 1 ground so they're not floating. Let me know if you have trouble with this.
      • Feb 17
      • PM-1 Headphone monitor working with an XR-18 Air Monitor System.
        GtrTom423 David, thank you for your note. Do you think that having this type of cord might help my cause? https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BPBQFXF20--pro-co-20-foot-excellines-balanced-patch-cable If I had a quarter inch TRS to XLR connector already?
        • Feb 17
        RexBeckett Hi Tom, you can get the required cable from the link below. You want the type XLR Male to dual XLR-F.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Shielded-XLR-MALE-Female-to-DUAL-XLR-Left-Right-Y-INSERT-CABLE-1ft-to-10ft/151300270070?hash=item233a32e7f6:g:ipkAAOxy9X5Tb70U

I cannot recommend using PM1s on the XR18 Aux outputs. The outputs were not designed to feed such low impedance loads. It can result in distortion on the Aux and Main outputs. A better solution is to use the PowerPlay P2 which includes a headphone amplifier. See these notesfor further information: https://community.musictribe.com/discussions/77059/237996/using-the-powerplay-p2-for-wired-iem
        • Feb 17
        DavidKnighton Hello Tom, The cable in the link you provided won't work because the way the pins terminate is for balanced mono connection. If you connect a balanced mono source to a stereo input, what will happen is the stereo input will be phase inverted, and will cause acoustical phasing problems. The one Rex shared might work, but honestly I can't tell because the pin termination needs to be exact. He makes a fair point regarding impedance loads. You may want to take his advice and get a P2, as it will solve most of your cabling issues right off the bat.
        • Feb 17
        GtrTom423 Thank you both Rex and David for your insight. I'm saddened to see how difficult it us to try to use this PM-1 device, especially considering it's from Behringer to begin with. In it's place, I've been using a Mackie Spot Monitor that mounts on my mike stand, as it packs 150 watts of power. I was just hoping to have something in-ear for a change. Either way, thank you both.
        • Feb 17
  • New
    Jewright76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-09

Can anyone tell me the best way to hook up a elite core pm16 in ear monitor system to the x32 with out using all the output channels?

0 10
    • Jewright76
      Paul_Vannatto Unfortunately, since the Elite Core is not part of Music Tribe, they have their own proprietary ethernet protocol that is not compatible to either the Music Tribe Ultranet or AES50 protocols. I would suggest you retire (or sell) the Elite Core and invest in either the P16 line (using the Ultranet) or the newer Midas DP48 personal mixers (that uses the AES50).
      • Feb 9
    • Jewright76
      StephenEvans You could get something like the Midas HUB4 which has 16 analog outs.
      • Feb 11
  • New
    WDuester
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-02-09

I'm wondering if anyone has used, or could comment, on using CAT5e or CAT6 unshielded cable for a DP48 daisy chain system.

I've already read the 'recommended shielded' information and don't need posts re-iterating the same.

This post is to solicit real world installations where end users may have used unshielded CAT cable and I'm interested in the results and learnings of doing that.

I have an existing CAT network from the M32 mixer to the rack and from the rack to stage boxes that is all unshielded CAT6.  I'm stongly leaning toward migrating to the DP48 personal monitor system.

I'm trying to figure out if I really need to replace all the CAT6 unshielded cable with shielded. Does unshielded really affect the performance of the system?

read more...
    0 28
  • New
    ttengowski
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-04

I have been more than patient with your poor approach to customer service. 

I have a simple P1 that needed to be repaired/replaced under warranty.  I sent it in per your RGA in July to Las Vegas and I have not had any response on the status since November and I still do not have my unit back.  This is beyond unnaceptable. 

My one service ticket has morphed over time into 3 for some reason...probably closed and re-opened since someone is being measured on how long service tickets are open.  Either way, the probelm is not solved.

Just send me my unit back and we can part as friends...

read more...
    0 3
    • ttengowski
      JoeRivers96 Hi ttengowski, many apologies for the inconvenience here. I will ensure this is looked into further for you ASAP.
      • Feb 5
  • New
    Charis4JMP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-03

We have several power play P1 and I just bought a power play P2. On the P1 there is a stereo to mono button, which in mono allows me to hear stuff in both earbuds. But the P2 only allows for sound in 1 ear, except for when I pull out the 1/4" cable out just slightly. Is there a way to convert the P2 to mono?

read more...
    0 13
    • Charis4JMP
      RexBeckett Hi Charis, the P2 has a mono/stereo switch on the PCB - accessible when the case is opened. When switched to mono, the balanced input will be heard in both ears.
      • Feb 3
      • Power play P2
        Charis4JMP Woohoo! Thank you so very much! I just flipped the switch and will try it out ASAP. May GOD bless you and yours!
        • Feb 3
      • Power play P2
        Charis4JMP I just tried it out and indeed it works! Thank you RexBeckett for your knowledge.
        • ·
        • Feb 4
  • New
    Ja5per
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-29

Hey all I have a weird problem with my p16s related to the P16-D  

I have power coming from the P16-D to all my P16-Ms but only ultranet to half  

channels 1,2,5 & 8 have power and ultranet  and 3,4,6 & 7 are recieving no ultranet signal

can anyone help!?

read more...
    0 4
    • Ja5per
      GaryHiggins Did you try changing the input cat5 to the P16D? Could be bad cables, worth checking if you have not.
      • Jan 28
      • Behringer p16 issue
        Ja5per I have multiple times. I even took it to a friend who has the same set up. And no change.
        • Jan 28
      • Behringer p16 issue
        GaryHiggins You may have tried already but can you try your friends D with your system? Seems like the P16-D may need service (do that from the support icon up top here)
        • Jan 28
Go to page