Statistics

196,663 members
67,290 posts
  • New
    2020-11-12

Hi all.

I'm having difficullty getting the routing sorted with my Powerplay 16.  I have the stereo out feed coming out just fine from Logic.  I'm having difficulty getting it to play nicely with the UAD Console, though.  It only wants to give me the stereo mix and not the individual channels in the Console.

Can someone help me with the routing?

I'm attaching imaged of my routing in Logic and my routing in the UAD Console.

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 12
    • ScottRogers
      Paul Vannatto Hi Scott, there's something missing in your post about how you have Logic connected to the P16.
      • Nov 11
      • Trouble with Routing in a Powerplay 16
        ScottRogers ADAT out of an Apollo 8 and another 8 channels coming out of another converter (I'm in between units right now; my Ferrofish Pulse 16 arrives tomorrow, replacing an RME ADI 8).
        • Nov 11
        Paul Vannatto Still something missing, since the Powerplay P16 has Ultranet input only.
        • Nov 11
    • ScottRogers
      David Knighton Hello ScottRogers,
      What exactly are you using to get from Logic to the P16-M? We would presume you're connected to an X32/M32 console, but how exactly is it all connected and routed?
      • Nov 12
    • ScottRogers
      ScottRogers Apologies. I’m using a P16-I to feed to the P16-M. I hadn’t realized there was any other option for using the system.
      • Nov 12
        David Knighton Hello Scott, so you're using the ADAT input on the P16-I, correct? I believe the issue you're having is going to be the routing from UAD. The P16-I in this scenario is just spitting out what the UAD is giving. For this, I would recommend jumping over to the UAD forums, as we cannot support the UAD product directly. If I had some working knowledge on UAD products, I'd be glad to help, but unfortunately we don't really specialize in their product knowledge.
        • ·
        • Nov 12
        ScottRogers Hi David. I'm certain that the issue is the routing out of either the UAD console or in Logic, and I have gotten some help configuring it this far via UAD and Logic forums. I just wondered if maybe someone on this forum may have the same configuration, since it's far more likely I'd find someone in a forum for Powerplay users who might also have an Apollo and use Logic. Ah well.
        • Nov 12
  • New
    MARCA: BEHRINGER
    MODELO: MEDIA 40USB
    0 8
    • RAYMIELSON ROCHA FONSECA
      William Reichling Hello, William from Musictribe here. If you click on the support tab and create a parts ticket, someone can help you out with this
      • Nov 11
    • RAYMIELSON ROCHA FONSECA
      William Reichling Hola, William de Musictribe aquí. Si hace clic en la pestaña de soporte y crea un ticket de piezas, alguien puede ayudarlo con esto.
      • Nov 11
  • New
    2020-11-03

I have a question: Will it be possible to connect any devices other than DP48 and DL8 to the AES50 ports? E.g. DL153, SD8 ..... :)

0 34
    • Nitram Ýksjanud
      Gary Higgins I would say yes, they are aes50 streams so as long as the stagebox is capable of 44/48k they should work just fine. The SD8 for sure and I think the DL153 can do 48k ok so it should be fine as well. The blue series Midas boxes that can do 48k will not daisy chain beyond their immediate connection, so you can't then piggy back from them like the S/SD16 etc. They would have to be the only device on that port but should still work.
      • Nov 3
    • Nitram Ýksjanud
      Nitram Ýksjanud That would be great. Couldn't someone try it, for example, with the DL15 stagebox ...? Whether it really works
      • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Gary Higgins I would love to...but in the US they have not arrived yet! Unreal but quite true,....waiting for mine at Sweetwater....oh yeah and I don't own a 153 :-)
        • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Nitram Ýksjanud hm
        • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Gary Higgins As fate would have it. got notice today Wed 11/4) that the Hub4 has arrive3d in the US, should have one in a few days..
        • Nov 4
    • Nitram Ýksjanud
      Nitram Ýksjanud I have a question: Could this work?
      • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Gary Higgins I don't see why not, one dl153 from each port...however that's 48 mic pre's and the M32 can only use a max of 38 IF you use aux remap, 32 otherwise-so you would need to pick and choose which ones you use.
        • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Gary Higgins Now looking at it more closely, I'm not sure the Hub can pass all ch's upstream like a stagebox. Guess someone who owns one will have to tell us! It still may but I am unsure.
        • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Nitram Ýksjanud Yes, that's why I put it here. Hoping that there is someone who has HUB4 and would be able to comment
        The manufacturer states that the ports are only used to power the DP48 and DL8, so is it really so? Could someone from the manufacturer comment
        • Nov 3
    • Nitram Ýksjanud
      Gary Higgins From the web page it still sounds like it SHOULD work "4 PoE Ports for Personal Mixers or Compatible Stage Boxes, 48/44.1 kHz AES50 In and Through"
      • Nov 3
    • Nitram Ýksjanud
      Nitram Ýksjanud Rather, the question is whether this one port can stream more than 8 channels? Because if not, then it probably doesn't matter :(
      • Nov 3
      • HUB4 ports
        Gary Higgins I think if only 8 ch's they would have said that....or not mentioned stageboxes at all. AES50 is 48 ch's. I think when they say compatible they mean NOT 96k. Someone else will chime in.
        • Nov 3
  • 2020-10-28

Looking for thoughts and reccomendations for a wireless in ear monitor system to use with an X-Air 16. What seems to work and what doesn't? The venues are intimate spaces but with nicer weather they often want to move outdoors which makes it difficult for performers to hear.

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-10-16

salve ho appena acquistato questo prodotto behringer dr115dsp collego il bluetooth e non si sente la musica , collego il cavo e non si sente la musica cosa sbaglio?

0 9
    • Filippo FLORAMO
      Jason Brewer Hello - The speaker may have a defect or issue - if you are connecting everything according to the manual with no results than I suggest you click the support tab above and make a tech support ticket for further assistance. Thank you
      • Oct 16
  • 2020-10-16

Can I connect PM1 directly into S16 digital snake? 

0 12
  • 2020-09-16

Can someone please enlighten me on the new talkback functionality of the Hub4 in connection with the DB48? 
    The "documentation" says that there should be a LED indication when "MIC-function" is used. So this leads to two questions: where should the light appear, and what does Mic-function use mean? When the MIC button of one of the connected DP48s is pressed and held, or only when it's pressed?

Although I am a technician, I'm not sure if I read the routing sheet well: Where does the talkback signal go? Only to other connected DP48s (as channel 48 overwriting the channel 16 of P16) or also to the desk?

Thanks in advance

Andy from Austria

read more...
    0 13
    • Andreas Kormann
      Paul Vannatto Hi Andreas, not sure what the Mic-function LED is reference to. But here is how the new Talkback function works. When you press and hold the Mic button on one of the DP48 and talk into the built-in ambient mic (left one to be exact), it sends it out AES50 chan 48 to all other DP48 as well as back to the console (on AES50 chan 48).

Regarding your comment about the P16, if on the console you assign the AES50 chan 48 to one of the P16 channels (either on the Ultranet screen or via the appropriate AES50 ch 33-48), it will be sent to the P16.
      • Sep 16
  • 2020-09-14

Hello,

I've posted previously about having an issue with seeing the channel names broadcasted to the DP48 while using an SD8 with the Behringer X32 Compact. The community has helped with understanding the AES50 A & B streams. However, I still need help from the community to answer this question.

Should the DP48 see the broadcasted channel names when connected to an SD series digital snake or should I be using the S or DL series digital snakes?

What I've experienced is that the DP48 does not see the broadcasted channel name but does get the same channel setup and audio from the AES50 A side the snake box is setup on. When the DP48 is directly connected to a separate AES50 port on the mixer and NOT through the SD snake box, all the channel names are received including real-time name changes.  I've experienced this on the X32 Compact and WING mixers using the SD8 and SD16 stage boxes. 

Tribal help is greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 27
    • VIJAY Morgan
      Gary Higgins Did you try going to the DP48 first, and then on from the thru port to the SD? Just a thought, I sort of recall that being said way back when. Or use them on a separate aes50 line. I’ve only scratched the DP surface so others may have better info. Also what firmware for the DP? Lots fixed either the most recent one.
      • Sep 14
      • A Journey with the DP48
        VIJAY Morgan No I haven't tried connecting the DP48 first and then coming off the B port of the DP48 to the SD16. The DP48 has been updated to v1.5.
        • Sep 14
        Gary Higgins Ok, you also use the setup within the X32? Firmware there is also the latest?
        • Sep 14
    • VIJAY Morgan
      VIJAY Morgan Yes the X32 had the latest firmware. Now using the Behringer Wing mixer with the most recently released update.
      • Sep 14
        Gary Higgins My Wing is on its way to be repaired (ghost touches) so I can't try it out but it may be a bug you have found. How about just dedicating one port for only DP48 use? Again I recall that being suggested in another thread as a solution in past firmware...or it was in my dreams!
        • Sep 14
        VIJAY Morgan Yeah I read that thread back in June/July. That's the plan, but it requires two long runs of Cat6 ethercon cable to be ran.
        • Sep 14
        Gary Higgins Paul V. may be able to help out, he has worked with the DP48's for quite a while now. He will know if its possible or not yet implemented. Yes the extra cat run can be problematic. I would try the DP48 as the first connection for sure, no harm no foul.
        • Sep 14
        VIJAY Morgan Confirmed, it works going to the DP48 first and then to the SD16. It's just odd that you can't see the names the other way around.
        • Sep 15
  • 2020-08-23

I have connected my new P16-M via the Ethernet-Cable to one of the four ULTRANTE-Ports on the SD16 Stagebox. The P16-M worked fine (PoE) an I was able to here "something". When I tried to change the routing in the X-32  int P16  (or now utlranet) Side  nothing happen/changed.    I resettet the P16-M , but same Problem.  The I wired it directly to the X-32 (I had to use the wallplug of the P16-M becuase there was no PoE on the UTLRANET-Port of the X-32) everything works well.   Has anybody the same Problem?  Did I something wrong in the routing of the SD-16 ?   

Thanks for any ideas. 

Uli

read more...
    0 42
    • Ulrich Kämmerling
      Rex Beckett The Ultranet ports on the SD16 are defined by the AES50 routing 33-48. If this is set to Ultranet 1-16, the outputs will be the same as those set for the console (on the Ultranet tab).
      • Aug 23
      • P16-m not getting setup (Routing) form the X32-Rack over  SD16
        Ulrich Kämmerling Wow. THANK YOU, Rex! Made my day!
        • Aug 23
    • Ulrich Kämmerling
      Gary Higgins If you changed your aes50a out 33-48 assignments to something else besides P16 1-8 and P16 9-16 they will output differently than what is sent from the desk ultranet port. Default routing is what Rex showed you above and they should output the same things from both places when routed as shown. The ultranet menu defines sources, aes50 33-48 (in this case) sends those P16 sources to a the SD16. The SD16 (like almost every stagebox) is fixed/hardwired to output aes50 33-48 from its ultranet ports. Whatever sources are assigned to aes50 33-48 will be output there-but it's not restricted to only P16 sources, as you can see from above, there are lots of possibilities one might assign, easy enough to even set some by mistake.
      • Aug 23
  • 2020-07-25

On my old Behringer P16Ms, I could assign signals from channels post EQ. With the DP48, when I'm assigning the channels using AES50, I am guessing I am tapping the raw signal from source probably after gain but pre effects. I figured I could still tap the 16 channels from Ultranet to get post-eq settings. And it looks like I can tap another 8 via the Aux Out assign (assuming I don't need the physical/digital outs).

Does that mean I'm limited to tapping 24 channels post EQ? Or am I missing some optionality for routing signals post effects.

Thanks!   

read more...
    0 20
    • Kevin Wright
      Gary Higgins Hi Kevin, you also have outputs 1-16, so its 38. 16,16 and 6 if dealing with an X/M32. It's a little worse with a Wing as you can only get post effects sends by using the "User" menu which is limited to 24 ch's
      • Jul 25
      • MIDAS DP48 - Tapping monitor signal post EQ
        Kevin Wright Thought I'd replied but I don't see it here.

I hadn't thought of the Outs 1-16. Obvious oversight! Thanks for that, Gary. We're using 12 of the outs for monitors, matrix/crossover outs but that gives us another 4. Cheers!
        • Jul 25
Go to page