Statistics

285,932 members
167,995 posts
  • New
    colin2000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-08

I am trying to understand all that I need to get the Behringer Powerplay P16-I and P16-M to function as a monitor with our Behringer X32 mixer/S32 stage box.  Is there some document or video that explains the hardware requirements end to end?  It is not clear to me whether the outputs from the X32/S32 are directly connected to the P16-I or whether an AMP is required between the X32/S32 and P16-I to amplify the sound so that it is audible in the headphones connected to the P16-M.

read more...
    0 12
    • colin2000
      Paul_Vannatto If you have an X32 and S32 stagebox, you don't need a P16i. That unit was designed to be used with an analog console to provide Ultranet to the P16. Both the X32 and the S32 have Ultranet ports on the backs of the units.
      • May 8
    • colin2000
      colin2000

Thank you Paul, but your response eliminated part of the hardware I thought I needed to implement the P16M, but doesn’t respond to the question of the necessity of an AMP in make the P16M function. It also raises a new question. It the P16-I is not necessary, to what does the Cat6 from the P16-M connect?

• May 9
      • Behringer P16-I and P16-M end to end hardware requirements
        JeffRusin I’ll give this a try, you come out of the alternate port on your Barringer product it is best to go into a P 16 M distribution box. Then from the box it has like six outputs , you would run a cat five cable to each piece 16 unit. That way The p 16 unit will not need power from a wall wart as it comes through the CAT5 cable , now if I’m understanding you correctly the P 16 has a quarter inch out left and right I do believe that you would come out the left mono and either go into your powered monitor speaker or into an amp which would then feed the monitor speaker. That would be a lot of extra cables If it was through an app first but I suppose you could set up the P 16s by the back line of the stage as you would not be adjusting that much during the show if at all and therefore hopefully closer to the amps. I hope this answered your question
        • May 10
  • New
    Burnhaven
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-04-06

I want to use a P16m, connecting it to our S32's Ultranet port, without making any changes or linking in our mix buses.  I understand this will allow me to pan the other musicians and vocalists in my in-ear monitors.  Correct?

0 41
    • Burnhaven
      Paul_Vannatto Yes that is correct. Make sure you assign the desired inputs (in banks of 8) to the Routing, AES50 (A or B, depending on which you are using) banks 5-6 so that the S32 will output them to the Ultranet output.
      • Apr 6
      • P16m with X32 and S32
        Burnhaven How does this look? Our AES50 routing in X32 Edit. I probably need 8 inputs to a P16M and might not even need drums since I stand so close to them and we have a click track. It's the panning capability I'm really after, and I've started calling this "mono panning" rather than stereo because it gets confused with situations where something like a keyboard might send a stereo, left/right pair ---- which isn't happening in our situation.
        • Apr 7
    • Burnhaven
      Paul_Vannatto If the S32 is connected to the X32 AES50 A port, you need to assign the signals you want to go to the P16, to the AES50-A 33-40 and 41-48 (5th and 6th banks). You first have to assign individual signals on the Out 1-16, Aux Out or Ultranet screens to make up the banks of 8. Then assign those (eg Out 1-8, 9-16) to the 5th and 6th AES50-A banks.
      • Apr 7
    • Burnhaven
      Burnhaven Got it thanks.
      • Apr 7
  • New
    Music2021
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-06

My guitar player has a Behringer B205d and the speaker needs replaced. I sent in a service request on 3/31 and have heard nothing back. How can I get a replacement speaker. Thanks 

0 8
  • New
    NPBailey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-27

Can I plug the P16-M, right into the XR18 using a shielded cat5 cable. It seems to work but the volume is low, so i waas wonder if that was an issue? Do I have to us P16-I

0 3
    • NPBailey
      hayessean Nick, is this you? Sean.
      • Mar 27
    • NPBailey
      Paul_Vannatto Yes you can plug the shielded cat5e into the Ultranet port to provide P16-M the desired signals. Those signals are assigned on the In/Out, Ultranet using X-Air Edit. If the signals are low, it could be an assignment issue (assigning other signals than what is expected) or the signals being sent are low. Another possibility if the levels on the P16-M seem to be low is that the P16-M limiter (last knob on right) has been set too low.
      • Mar 27
  • New
    Mick1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-15

Hi folks. First let me say that I am a musician/singer, not a sound tech so please take it easy on me. Our sound tech recently changed from a Presonus to the Behringer XR18. The Presonus came with an app that allowed me to connect via my iPhone and set my own personal levels on my ear monitors. My questions are two. First, is there a Behringer App that allows me to connect and set my own personal ear monitor levels? Second, if not, is there a third party app recommended, or if failing that, what is the community's thoughts on the best one among third party apps.

Thanks for being patient with me, I'm a good end user but not a good tech.

read more...
    0 8
    • Mick1951
      Paul_Vannatto Hi Mick, yes there is the official app for personal monitor mixes called MX-Q. But the 3rd party app, called Mixing Station is far superior (with a minimum cost). The one advantage of Mixing Station is if you ever have an opportunity to provide music at an event that has the X32, M32, Wing, Soundcraft, A&H, etc., Mixing Station can be used for those as well. All you have to do is pay a minimum fee for additional licence.
      • Mar 15
  • New
    Gordimus
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-02-04

Do you sell replacement covers for the battery compartment. 

0 17
  • New
    Clayton335
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-02-03

Our S16 snake died and we replaced it. After reconnecting to the Powerplay 16 system, we had limited connection. In-ear monitors worked but we have two hotspots that do not work. Is there something we need to do after installing the new digital snake?

read more...
    0 15
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto By "Powerplay 16 system" are you meaning the Behringer P16-M personal mixers? If so, what console are you using?
      • Feb 3
      • Powerplay 16 Connection Issues
        Clayton335 We have a Behringer x32 run to the Behringer S16, then to the Powerplay 16 system with personal monitor stations.
        • Feb 4
    • Clayton335
      Paul_Vannatto It sounds like a routing issue. Are the P16's connected to the S16 Ultranet port or the one on the back of the X32?
      • Feb 4
  • New
    Ben792
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

I hope this is ok to ask about here. I have looked everywhere online, it seems, and I can't figure this out. Also, im not sure if this is an issue with MOTU or Behringer.

I've been working on building my home studio for a couple of months now and I figured I should have multiple monitor mixes for when my band comes over to record. I have two guitar amps mic'd up and use an electric drum set via usb to the computer. I bought the powerplay system along with ADAT cables and plugged them into the 8pre. I have the output of the interface going into the input of the behringer and the output of the behringer into the input of the interface. I am not sure how to route the audio in the pro audio control through to the powerplay system. Im using a VST in my DAW to create the sound for the drumst so im also not sure how to add the drumset in the pro audio control. Any advice would be immensly appreciated!

read more...
    0 7
    • Ben792
      PatMurphy Not sure how you have it connected, but the P16i has INPUTS ONLY on the back. 16 analogue TRS connectors or 2 ADAT (8 channels each). These are the signals into the P16i. The only outputs on the p16i are UltraNet which go to the PM16 units or a P16D (if you get one) for distributing extra channels. In your case you will need to set up routing so the individual outputs of the pre8 for each channel feeds the p16i. I am assuming that you use the ADAT channels for that. That is how the two guitars would work. For the drums, I am not sure how you have that set up on computer...would need more information.
      • Jan 31
  • New
    WilliamCLuff
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-08

My P16-m is flashing all red across all channels with no response from any buttons. 

0 28
    • WilliamCLuff
      GaryHiggins You may need to start a repair ticket BUT I vaguely recall a mute or a save function where flashing buttons are a resulting part of the process. I’ll check.
      • Jan 9
  • New
    jmeacham
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-05

The Behringer P16-M quick start guide tells me how to link channels and how to add them to groups, but I haven't been able to find out how to unlink two channels or remove a channel from a group if they were linked/grouped by mistake.  Does anyone know how to do this?

read more...
    0 68
Go to page