Statistics

215,302 members
88,409 posts
  • New
    Ovnet1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-17

I just bought a td-3 and have spent the last 5 hrs trying to get it to recognize midi via 5 pin din. I have ableton, and don't have any issues using it with the td-3. I have a model cycles as well and the td-3 syncs nicely using the "trig" clock input from the model cycles midi out but will not recognize the 5 pin midi in from the model cycles. I have tried changing every midi setting in the model cycles to send midi. I have changed the the clock input to receive midi on the td-3 and tried using both the same midi channel and different ones on the td-3. It will not recognize midi 5 pin din either from my audio interface via ableton, or via the model cycles. What am I missing, or do I have a defective Td-3?

read more...
    0 6
    • Ovnet1
      DavidKnighton Hi Ovnet1,
      Are you using the SynthTribe tool with TD3 to change these settings? As far as I know, that is the only way to change between using MIDI Din and the patch I/O.
      • Feb 17
      • Behringer TD-3, Elektron model cycles sync
        Ovnet1 Yes, I have the SynthTribe tool and have used both it, and the manual way to switch between clock sources and PPQN. I'm at a loss honestly. I'm going to test it with a couple other pieces of gear to see if I can get it to recognize the Midi, if that doesn't work I suppose I'm going to chalk it up as defective and send it back and get a new one, unless someone comes up with something I haven't tried.
        • Feb 17
  • New
    Philippanico
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-04

If I connect my xtouch one to an xtouch extender can I have the extender running tracks 1 to 8. Many thanks

0 10
    • Philippanico
      DaveMorrison What DAW are you using?
      • Feb 4
      • If I connect my xtouch one to the xtouch extender can I have the extender running tracks 1 to 8. Many thanks
        Philippanico I’m using Mixcraft 9 pro studio
        • Feb 4
    • Philippanico
      Philippanico I’m using mixcraft 9 pro studio
      • Feb 4
      • If I connect my xtouch one to the xtouch extender can I have the extender running tracks 1 to 8. Many thanks
        DaveMorrison I asked about the DAW because that's where the MCU protocol is implemented. The programmers of Mixcraft choose which MCU functions to implement. Maybe another user on this forum (or Behringer) has used the X-Touch this way. You may get better response from Acoustica.
        • Feb 4
  • New
    Chimpfinga1983
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

Any idea exactly what I need to do in order to set these up ? 

been trying for a week now and it's still not working properly. 

the force should usually sync midi devises but it's only synced with the sequencer and not the oscillation or the envelope. 

I'm a newbie to setting up midi equipment. M

thanks 

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    wjones40
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-21

I bought two Model D's and hooked them up via polychain. The second one started sounding really crappy - lots of feedback and distortion, so I unhooked it. I then used the synthtools software to turn off polychaining on the first in the chain. Since then, I've had no sound whatsover, except on power-on where it sounds like it's farting for about two seconds. Then nothing. I've no idea what I've done, but neither plays now unless I'm connected to a DAW. Then I can get the sound from the Model D with the first unit, the one that was polychain="ON". Nothing whatsoever from the other unit. I've tried power off, power on. Power on after an hour wait, nothing seems to work. I even tried power on and switching the A440 to turn off polychaining. Nothing works. Is there a way to do a software reset on these?

read more...
    0 19
    • wjones40
      NicJonesMT Hi WJones40.
      There is a restore to facotry defaults setting in the Synthtribe app.
      Can you please confirm what version you are using? The latest version of the ST app is 2.4.6 and can be downloaded from the "Software" section of the product page;

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CQJ

If this doesnt resolve the issue could you please open a Tech support ticket (Click support above and scroll down the page).
      We can then go through some trouble shooting steps and advise you further.
      • Jan 20
  • New
    Elterwater2
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

I am attempting to use the XR18 as an audio and MIDI interface with an Behringer FCB1010 foot controller; to control a plug in (in this case the Cory Wong Archetype) however this seems to be almost impossible as the product manuals lack information and there are no resources on the web to answer any questions.

I am very new to MIDI  and I'm struggling to get this set up.

The setup is:

1. XR18 via acces point connected to XR Edit on Mac Book

2. Guitar into XR 18 Channel 1

3. USB from XR18 to Mac Book Pro (2019)

-- --This works fine and connects to the Cory Wong Archetype plug in with the USB Returns of the XR18 set to AUX L/R sending the signal back into the AUX output

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The FCB1010 is then connected to the XR18 - FCB 1010 MIDI OUT to XR18 MIDI IN - and XR18 MIDI OUT to FCB1010 MIDI IN

The problem is that the XR18 does not recognise the FCB1010.  I have set the XR18 Audio/MIDI Setup to USB-DIN Pass Thru

Firstly, is it possible to use the XR18 as a MIDI interface in this way? Or is an audio interface required?

If it is, I'm aware that MIDI has to be on the same Channel, so I have set channel 01 on the FCB1010 but there is no guidance on how to set a MIDI channel on the XR18, so it is possible they may not be 'talking' to each other.

Assuming this CAN be done - how do I then get the setup to control/change the Cory Wong Archetypeplug in? I am only looking for a stom-box type changer initially.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any answers on this would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 20
    • Elterwater2
      Paul_Vannatto Connecting "XR18 - FCB 1010 MIDI OUT to XR18 MIDI IN - and XR18 MIDI OUT to FCB1010 MIDI IN" with the XR18 USB/DIN Pass-Thru enabled means that what is tranmitted from the footpedal is returned to the footpedal. You need to connect the footpedal directly to the computer.
      • Jan 13
      • Behringer XR18 connectivity
        Elterwater2 Thanks for the reply Paul. I have a cable on the way to make that connection. I was curious to know though, if the XR18 itself could be used in the same way as an audio interface with DIN connections? If anyone knows?
        • Jan 14
      • Behringer XR18 connectivity
        Paul_Vannatto I think what you are trying to do is convert the MIDI in to the USB out, which does not work. The main purpose of the midi in the XR18 is to use midi devices control the XR18. The pass thru setting was added to allow the midi in to pass thru to the midi out . When that is enabled, midi control of the XR18 is disabled.
        • Jan 14
  • New
    Damage
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

I brought a behringer 2a controller it came with deckadance2 Voucher but I can't get it to activate can anyone please send me an information thanks

1 25
    • Damage
      Dale_M Hi Damage if you purchased a Behringer hardware unit and received a voucher for Deckadance LE Edition, please follow these steps to redeem your software:

Download and Install the latest demo:

Go to the Stanton Deckadance website and click "Demos" tab. Scroll down and download the demo for PC or Mac.

Stanton Deckadance2 Website

http://www.stantondj.com/deckadance-2.html

Enter your Behringer voucher code

Click the following link and enter your code (you may need to create a Cakewalk account, or use an existing account)

http://www.cakewalk.com/Register/Deckadance-Registration

With Deckadance open click on the toolbar "Preferences" icon (top-left corner)

Select "Registration" on the left menu.

Under "Registration Steps":

Click "For LE Edition" and save the generated CRQ file to your desktop

Click "Activation Website" ** and upload your CRQ file.

Activation webpage will quickly send back a response DAT file. Save it to your desktop.

Click "Import Activation Response" and upload your *.DAT file

Activation is now complete. LE Edition serial-number should now be visible on the same registration screen.

** If you cannot access the Activation Page through Internet Explorer, please ensure your cookie settings:

Go to menu: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy - > Advanced

"Override automatic cookie handling" should be Enabled.

"Third-Party" cookies set to "Accept"

"Always allow session cookies" is unchecked.

https://forum.gibson.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=20176
      • Jan 12
  • New
    georgeharmon5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

Hello,

Can anybody advise on why delivery of the Behringer RD-6A Drum Machine is taking so long to be in stock?

I ordered mine on November 29, 2020 through Amamzon and they still show it not in stock yet.

Any help or info?

Thank you!

read more...
    0 21
    • georgeharmon5
      PedroRodrigues Hi georgeharmon5 please be aware that question should be address to Amazon as they are responsible for the shipping of the nits they acquire. Thank you
      • Jan 20
      • What's the hold up with the RD-6A deliveries?
        georgeharmon5 Hi Pedro, Please be aware that Amazon instructs customers in my situation to direct these questions to the manufacturer in these cases, and since trying to contact Behringer is like playing "Hide n' Go Seek" in a black hole, I decided to post here. If you are not be being helpful or adding to the solution, then why respond anyway? Unless, you are a part of customer service, then please be advised that your approach is many decibels below satisfactory.
        • ·
        • Jan 20
      • What's the hold up with the RD-6A deliveries?
        PedroRodrigues Hi georgeharmon5, thank you for your reply, unfortunately that manner is effectively managed directly by the partner therefor that is the only information possible to provide. Thank you
        • Jan 21
  • New
    Georgem1968
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-07

I searched the internet but could'nt find a solution. I managed to let the fcb change presets in Overloud's TH3, but can't get it to change banks? If I use Learn in TH3's midi section (for Next bank or Previous bank) and push the UP or DOWN pedal twice, I get No midi signal found message. 

If I use the pedal Up or Down, there is no bank change in TH3. How can I get this done? 

read more...
    0 7
    • Georgem1968
      NicJonesMT Hi GeorgeM1968.
      Sorry fr the delay contacting you.
      I work in the UK Support team.

Can you please confirm how you are connecting the FCB to your computer running TH3?
      If you open a MIDI monitoring software such as MIDIox are you able to see that the FCB is sending Messages into the Computer?
      How have you programmed the pedals on the FCB?

Normally I would recommend programming the FCB to the MIDI Implementation of the device you are connecting to, but looking at the manual TH3 only has the MIDI learn function. In theory if you set the pedal to send a message you should be in theory able to use the MIDI learn function.

If you need additional support I would recommend clicking Support at the top of the page and submitting a tech support ticket. We can then go through some more trouble shooting with you and try to get this resolved.
      • Jan 14
  • New
    ericcmoss
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

Hi there-

I'm attempting to use a bass plugged directly through my Behringer UMC204HD into my laptop (W10 PC). However, I'm not getting any indication of input signal on the UMC device (no green light on 'SIG'). I've also tried plugging into channel 2 with the same result hooking up a condenser mic on both channels with no apparent signal either. I also connected the hardware to a powered USB port, but still no luck. I also have a Behringer UMC404HD, and that is producing the same results. I was wondering if signal was still passing, and attempted to record in my DAW (Studio One), but no signal was recorded. I can confirm that the PC sees the device(s).

Setup for instrument: Bass-1/4" cable to Input 1/2, INST pressed in, tried both pressed in/out for Pad, Gain between 50-100% (I've tried using my guitars, as well as multiple cables too)

Setup for mic: Mic-XLR to Input 1/2, Pad pressed/depressed, Phantom power on, Gain between 50-100%

Drivers have been installed from Behringer's website.

I rarely use the UMC device, and have only plugged it in a few times over the past few days repeating the steps I described above. When I've used it on a mac, it works perfectly. Any thoughts on what might be going on and how I might troubleshoot further? Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 32
    • ericcmoss
      Nigel67 Hi Eric, have you tried the UMC on your MAC since finding that it wasn't working with Windows. As long as the unit is getting power through the USB (does the power light come on?) then you should be able to play your instrument and see signal on the meter. If you press the Direct Monitoring switch, you should be able to hear the instrument through your headphones. Try your MAC, and also on your Windows 10 computer, plug directly into a USB socket (try them all) as some USB hubs can cause issues.
      • Jan 5
      • UMC204HD/404HD - No input signal appearing
        ericcmoss Hi Nigel- I don't have a mac personally, but can confirm it's worked on my collaborator's mac. I've been able to get the UMC to work in the past (about 5 months ago) on my PC, which makes this issue more puzzling. However, what I'm really trying to determine is if the UMC requires either a certain amount of power (e.g. from USB) or the correct software configuration for signal to show up on the UMC meter.
        • Jan 6
        Nigel67 The maximum power consumption mentioned in the Quick Start Guide is 2.5 watts. I do not have any exact figure, but there will be quite a bit of headroom included in the 2.5 watts. You didn't mention whether the power LED is lighting on the unit. If you are using phantom power, is the red LED lit above the power LED? Maybe the first place to start, is turn the phantom power off, and try putting audio from a phone / ipod into one of the inputs and seeing if that lights the signal LEDs. The unit here, when I plug the USB cable in, the signal leds switch on for a few seconds and then go off. Do you get any signal LEDs when you plug the usb in. Have you tried any of the other USB sockets on your computer? Do you have a mixture of USB 3 and USB 2 connectors. Try the USB 2.
        • Jan 7
        Octa101077 hi Nigel, my UMC404HD suddenly can't be read by my PC. even though the led light remains on (not the phantom led). I've tried switching the usb channel but it's still the same. I tried it with my Win10 laptop, it's still the same. how should i be?
        • Jan 14
        Nigel67 Has your computer performed a Windows 10 patch upgrade since it last worked, or have you installed any other units or software? If you go into Bluetooth and other devices on your computer, is the ASIO driver showing up in Audio Devices? If not, then I would suggest uninstalling the ASIO driver and re-installing it. Are you using a USB hub. If so try plugging directly into the computer USB. Also try other USB ports. If the ASIO driver is showing up in Audio devices, then it could be an issue with your DAW. May need to re-install
        • Jan 15
  • New
    garybones
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hi All,

I have recentley pruchsed a TD3 but cann ot seem to get it come through Logic Pro.

I am using Komplete Audio 6 & have the TD3 plugged in via USB & the going from the out port on the TD3  with a TRS cable & then into input 3 on Audio 6.

When i open a software instrument on Logic it plays the pattern from the TD3 on that track but i cannot get the TD3 to play on its own track.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gary

read more...
    0 20
Go to page