Statistics

174,636 members
42,259 posts
  • 2020-08-07

Any had this problem or know how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks

0 5
    • dromano
      Kyle Johnson Hi Dromano, Kyle from Music Tribe here. A couple of things to check 1. Try a different USB Cable 2. Make sure you are connected directly over USB to your Mac, not using a USB Hub or Adapter 3. Try with and without the UMC404HD Power supply connected 4. If you have access, test the UMC404HD with a different computer to confirm the interface is functioning correctly
      • Aug 7
      • my mac's sound system can't see my Behringer UMC404HD inteface
        dromano Thanks, Kyle: I tried the UMC404HD with another Mac (2018, High Sierra), the same USB cable connected directly to the laptop, and with no power supply connected, and the interface was instead visible. The only difference in the configuration was the laptop, which is a 2012 Mac running El Capitan. What's strange is that the Behringer was visible until we changed the RAM from 4GB to 16GB, so I wonder whether more memory meant less power to the Behringer (which was never visible when the power supply was connected.)
        • Aug 7
  • 2020-07-22

hi,

In our band, other than bass, guitar, and accoustic drum, we also have an audio interface, 1 drumpad, and 1 midi KB, since the drumpad and midi kb need sound samples from computer, what's the proper connection order among them(XR18, audio interface, drumpad, and midi kb,they all have midi I/O and usb)?

thank you

read more
    0 4
    • rohb804
      Alexander Lane You can use the XR18 as the audio interface with the USB connection, and set pass though for midi to the computer too. (see attached image)

In doing this, you can remove the audio interface from the setup :)

For the keyboard and drum pad, set drum pad to midi channel 10 and keyboard to another.

Do the MIDI devices have Midi THRU?

If so you can daisy chain both into the XR18 input, otherwise, grab a MIDI Thru box to chain them together.

You will then be able to select the relevant midi channel on each track in your DAW on the PC.
      • Jul 22
  • 2020-07-03
    I am using the following setup x18 mixer with the X-Air app on the Ipad Ipad running Camelot Pro MODX8 Native INstruments A61 Set up 4 port hub plugged into the IPAD A61 and MODX8 plugged into the hub Midi CAble (5 pin) from MODX out to X18 Midi in. Microphone into X18 I have 2 main snapshots 1 - vocal mic is sent to main output 2 - vocal mic is removed from the main mix and re routed to the MODX AD input 1 via Bus 1 which then treats this as the source for a vocoder Camelot Pro is doing a really good job on controlling the programme changes to the modx and also acting as a bridge for the A61 to also control specific channels. Camelot pro also allows for midi programme changes, which I know the x18 can accept. The reason for the request is that i am I do not want the vocoder on all songs, however when not used as a vocoder I need the same mic to act as a standard vocal mic. I could potentially have 2 mics and remove the vocoder source from the mix however the Idea would be to have the single mic covering both jobs and when the song is chosen in camelot pro, the programme change would change to the relevant snapshot./ Can anyone help.
    read more
    0 12
    • blastedkane
      Rex Beckett Midi Program Change 1-64 on channel 1 will load X18 Snapshots 1-64. You need to enable DIN RX on Setup -> Audio/Midi.
      • Jul 3