Statistics

269,827 members
149,576 posts
  • New
    joerob577
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-27

I'm not sure if this is even possible, but given that the whole thing is digital it seems like it should be...

I tend to be the type of player who uses a Swiss Army-type of board. At most, I've got different boards set up for different settings (church, cover band, etc.). I find myself wanting multiple delays for different applications, but not wanting to have to switch boards, and also not wanting to use up three slots for delays. My pedal order hardly ever changes, so I was wondering...

Would it be possible to assign Hot Knobz to cycle through a small number of toneprints stored in the Plethora for a single pedal? For instance, in my delay slot the Hot Knob could cycle between a low-key analog delay that's just there for thickness, an Edge-style dotted 8th delay, and a slapback for songs where that's appropriate. Even if these all had to happen on the same delay type (2290, Analog, whatever else) and just have different settings, this would be a huge win in my book.

I know I could accomplish some of this with an expression pedal, but that's not super precise in the heat of the moment.

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    Lightnin51
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-27

Just bought one of these and noticed a reasonably loud thump or pop when I switch it on or off. Shouldn't this be silent or is this a feature of this pedal. I find it annoying.

I'm powering with a battery rather than mains connected. I've used guitar leads to connect between guitar and amp, also tried a lead and wireless. I've tried it with 2 different amps but the thump happens on both. This doesn't sound right to me. Any views?

read more...
    0 1
  • New
    Twangly
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

What are the power requirements for the ac adapter

0 0
    • Twangly
      WilliamR The power requirements are a DC 9 Volt 100 mA negative tip power supply.
      • 11 hours ago
    • Twangly
      Twangly

100ma will handle it? Specs list >100ma or greater than 100ma. Thanks for the fast response. Bob Chicago

• 11 hours ago
  • New
    COOLABAH
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-26

Is it possible to chain single effect pedals to TC Electronics plat acoustic pedal???

0 4
    • COOLABAH
      PedroRodrigues Hi COOLABAH, thank you for your post, please consider that any questions about TC HELICON pedals must be done on the TC HELICON area on the Community. But the PLAY ACOUSTIC was designed to be used as a single pedal and not to be chained with other pedals. Thank you
      • 6 hours ago
  • New
    Maxey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

Replacement speakers for TC electronics BC208 technically I suppose that my cabinets are in the warranty. I have one speaker driver that is functioning but started to smoke the other evening while I was performing. I would like to get it replaced and would also like to purchase additional ones to have spares if this happens again. I own two Of these cabinets

read more...
    0 4
    • Maxey
      Nigel67 Hi Maxey. If your BC208 is still under warranty, then please contact the shop that you purchased it from and they will repair the unit for you. If you want to purchase spares, then they will also be able to supply these for you, or you can contact our spares team and they will quote you pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Mon at 10:25 PM
  • New
    B5215
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-24

On my lead setting I tend to get some feedback and noise. So I remembered the sentry is on the plethora. Having owned a boss gate on the past I thought easy just set the threshold however in practice I'm lost. I twiddled all the knob but I get a mix of distroying my sound, making it tinny and decrease of volume. 
    I have read that it's not good but it carries the Sentry name which everyone raves about. 
    I put it down to not knowing what I'm doing. Is there any information or instructions anywhere about this? Any help welcome 

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    veryfreaky
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-23

Hi,

I've found an old pedal from t.c.electroncis: Booster+ DISTORTON in my equipment, but without external power supply.

Do somebody know the DC input voltage?

Thanks for help

0 10
    • veryfreaky
      Dale_M Can I ask you to go to the support tab and send a Technical ticket in please? the TC team may have this info in their archive and be able to assist.
      • Mon at 8:56 AM
    • veryfreaky
      PedroRodrigues Hi veryfreaky, please consider that your pedal must use a Power Supply 9-12 Vol DC or battery 9V Alkaline.
      For more information on your pedal please follow the link below to access the manual for these pedals. https://wsi.li/dl/KaY9gAda7GcLpCw3d/ Thank you
      • Wed at 12:50 AM
  • New
    Mabv
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-01-23

I have a plethora X5 and i would like to know how to change a board name and how to edit boards in the app?

0 6
  • New
    Macg666
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-22

Is anyone here using a MIDI Baby with a Plethora x5? I am going to be using this set up on my live board and plan to use the MIDI Baby to toggle through pedalboards on the X5. My thought is using a PRESS command to shift up through boards and a HOLD to shift down.

Any guidance on how to set that up would be awesome.

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    Enchanted066
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-22

Hello

Im using my Polytune3 in always on mode. Is there a way to get a visual Feedback whether the signal output is switched on or off.

Momentary Im just guessing. Firmware is the latest.

THX in advance

0 5
    • Enchanted066
      PedroRodrigues Hi Enchanted066, thank you for your post, when the display on your Polytune 3 shows a red ‘#’ this symbol means that your POLYTUNE 3 is not bypassed and ready to display the pitches of your instrument’s strings. Please note that this also means that POLYTUNE 3’s audio output is muted. To unmute, press the footswitch. Thank you
      • Wed at 12:33 AM
    • Enchanted066
      Enchanted066

Hi - Thank you for your answer. But it really doesnt help very much. I have switched (via Dip switches) the Polytune in Always On - Mode, so I can contol my Tune wether the output is muted or not. In that Mode I cant see a red "red #". It shows a red dot (4Leds) when there is no signal at the input. It does not matter if I press the footswitch (which is working perfectly). It shows always those 4 red Leds in a square. Maybe you could take a closer look at the "Always on" Mode.

• Wed at 12:50 AM
Go to page