Statistics

229,713 members
104,805 posts
  • New
    acbrander93
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to create a loop of a guitar part with a delay on it on the Flashback 2 X4. I can only seem to use it as a delay OR a looper, but not both, if that makes sense.

0 39
  • New
    jaslan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-15

Hi,

I have several TonePrint pedals and, now, the Plethora X5.  So, I am somewhat familiar with loading TonePrints and using the editor with the individual pedals (i.e. Flashback, HOF, Corona, etc.)  BUT, with the Plethora, I am confused about loading an artists' TonePrints and hearing exactly what they intended when they created it.  

For example...  Let's say an artist created a Quintessence Toneprint for 5th and 7ths in C Ionion and saves it.  When I load that TonePrint, I have to go to "edit" and load that Toneprint.  Now, the Plethora sets the parameters according to my knobs on my Plethora.  So, I probably end up with a different key.  

The one that really has me baffled is the Pitch Shifter.  Most of the TonePrints sound the "same" because they are all based on my current knob settings when I load them.  I can't really hear what the artist had in mind when they saved it unless the TonePrint description tells me where to put the knobs.

I guess I might me thinking of using a "Preset" type of concept whereas the TonePrint concept is more like each TonePrint is a new pedal.  For Example, "Here is a new pedal.  Play with the knobs and see what this one does".  Whereas the "Preset" concept is more like, "Here, I have adjusted the knobs to an exact preset for an exact sound.  You can still adjust the knobs from there but this PRESET is a starting point."

So, long story short...  Is there a way to load a TonePrint into the Plethora and have it ignore my knobs settings initially (until I move them)?  I seem to remember with the individual pedals, when you beam a toneprint into the pedal, it ignores the knobs initially until you move them but maybe I have that wrong?

Suppose I am using a delay and have several different TonePrints for different songs.  Between songs, I want to quickly load the delay TonePrint for the next song.  I don't want to have to load it, then adjust the knobs to the correct settings.  How do I get around this?

Thanks for any help!

read more...
    0 26
    • jaslan
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaslan to be possible to assist you on this matter with more tools please follow the link below and submit an assistance request . https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic Thank you
      • Apr 16
      • Confused about loading TonePrints in Plethora X5
        jaslan Thanks for the reply Pedro. I submitted a ticket, though it seems more for actual "problems" (i.e. error or malfunction) with the unit but I think my case is just a question of usage. I have experimented more with the Plethora and learned the the "PRESET" concept can be used at the "Board" level. Line up the effects and adjust each one to EXACT desiring. Now, when you load that Board, everything is how you left it without needing to adjust any knobs. But it seems like a Toneprint could be used like a Preset but maybe I just don't understand how. If I save a Toneprint and Store it on the Plethora, can I then load it and have it load exactly as saved WITHOUT matching the parameters to the current knob settings on the Plethora?
        • ·
        • Apr 16
  • New
    nterelle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Just bought a Flashback 2 mini and cannot get the various subdivisions in the drop-down menu to work when starting from a 2290-based template. The subdivisions work perfectly when starting from a tape/analog template, however. I have disabled the mash functionality and am able to successfully have working tap divisions with an analog-based patch, but I'd like to have my FB2 mini patch not "pitch bend" when I'm tapping in a new delay time. Seems like a bug in the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 22
    • nterelle
      nterelle Also, I have tried using the editor on a Mac as well as on a PC running Windows 10 and have the same issue on both operating systems. I will test using the editor on an Android device as soon as I can get my hands on an OTG USB adapter.
      • Apr 13
    • nterelle
      NicJonesMT Hi Ntrelle. Could you please submit a tech support ticket and from there we can trouble shoot this and report to the development team if required.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Schieko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hi,

I'm using the flashback 2 delay padel. With the time print editor I wanted to create my own sound and more important the right delay tempo for three different songs. 
    Everything looks good until I want to save the created sound. The delay time is always going back to the original tempo. 
    any ideas how I can also save the tempo?

read more...
    0 21
    • Schieko
      NicJonesMT Hi Schieko. Make sure you dont have this mapped to one of the encoders on the FB. If you have it will always revert to the position of the Pot.
      If you are still having issues then please submit a tech support ticket above and we can try and advise you further.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Dgiese23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

I bought an x4 used on reverb but in near mint condition. Original power supply box stickers everything. When i plug it in all the lights are orange which i hear means there is an issue with the memory card or maybe some other software malfunction. What can be done to fix this?

read more...
    0 31
  • New
    zander1973
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-12

I need to replace the removable "chip" inside the Nova System, where can I obtain a new chip. The one in the unit must have burned out, as is it has a mark on it and was hot to the touch. The unit is stuck and wont function. The "factory default" light is permenatly on and when I try any of the reset techniques nothing works. 

Thank you

read more...
    0 20
    • zander1973
      Nigel67 Hi zander1973. Please contact our Spares Team and they should be able to help you. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. A colleague will then get back to you with availability and pricing.
      • Apr 11
  • New
    EdPolo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-11

Hi,

I'm looking to get BG250-208 combo and RS112 cabinet to compliment my amp. However, they are not in stock at any retailer on Canada. Same thing with major USA web stores. However, none of them can confirm their ETA. TCE logistic people, do you have better idea when these are going to be shipped to North America? 

Thanks,

Ed

read more...
    0 21
    • EdPolo
      Dale_M Hi Ed, it may be best to send s support ticket in from the tab above and use the PreSales dropdown, as the PreSales team are not on community we can pass this over to them to advise you. I hope this helps.
      • Apr 12
  • New
    michaeldurig
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-09

Greetings,

I am attempting to utilize the gear I own for a solo project.  I have a Ditto Looper, an IPad (8th gen) 128GB <100GB available, and a Beat Buddy.  My intention is to use the ditto looper to record tracks with the Beat Buddy and save them to my IPad to be played in a live setting.  Currently, my IPad isn't operating correctly.  I will not overdue on either channel.  I have tried to up date the firmware and after following the instructions mulitple time, the ditto looper doesn't respond as advertised.  Holding the leftmost button while powering up doesn't get light the first light, it lights them all.  

Apparently something with the software has gone awry.  Please advise as to a possible solution if familiar with this problem.  Thank you.

read more...
    0 23
    • michaeldurig
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaeldurig, please consider that to record another take (overdub), the user must press the footswitch again while the original loop is playing back.
      The LED will turn red, indicating you’re in Record mode again.
      When the user is done, please press the footswitch once more to quit Record mode.
      The Ditto Looper will repeat the loop with both the original recording and the overdub.
      Please note that the length of the loop will never increase when overdubbing.
      When you continue playing, you will simply create additional overdubs.
      The user can record as many overdubs as he wishes, effectively there is no limit.

To undo (delete) the last take you recorded, simply press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds or longer.
      The LED will blink twice in rapid succession, and the last take will be deleted.

To Redo restoring a previously deleted take, in this case if you have deleted the last take and you changed your mind, you can restore that take.
      To do so, simply press and hold the footswitch for 1.5 seconds or longer.
      The LED will blink twice in rapid succession, and the previously deleted take will be restored.

Undoing and redoing overdubs can be used for more than just correcting mistakes.
      The user can make your performance more interesting by removing and bringing back sections.
      Please see below a simple example:
      Record a bass line (loop cycle 1).
      Record some chords (loop cycle 2).
      Record a melody (loop cycle 3).
      Press and hold the footswitch to remove the melody. Improvise or record something else.
      Press and hold the footswitch again to bring back the previously recorded melody.
      Please note that undoing or redoing by using the footswitch is only possible during playback.
      Holding down the footswitch after stopping loop playback/recording will delete the loop.
      To stop loop playback or recording, press the footswitch twice in short succession.
      The LED will start flashing in green to indicate that your loop is still in memory and ready for playback.
      To stop loop playback/recording and delete everything you have recorded, press the footswitch twice in short succession and hold down your foot on the second tap.
      The LED will turn off to indicate that the loop has been deleted. At this point, you can start recording loops from scratch again.

To delete everything you have recorded, press the footswitch twice in short succession and hold down your foot on the second tap.
      The LED will turn off to indicate that the loop has been deleted.
      When you delete your loop from Ditto Looper, the device goes into True Bypass mode.

When you power down Ditto Looper and a loop is in memory, it will be stored automatically.
      When you power up Ditto Looper again, the LED will flash in green, indicating your previously recorded loop is available.
      Just hit the footswitch, and playback will start.
      If you want to start from scratch, delete the loop as described in the previous paragraph.

To update the Ditto Looper on a PC:
      Download the Ditto Looper updater.
      Connect your Ditto Looper to your computer via the USB mini b cable.
      Set your Ditto Looper to boot mode by inserting the power cable while holding down the footswitch. The LED will turn green to indicate it is in boot mode and ready for the software update. Then, open the updater that you downloaded in step 1.
      In the Output Device drop-down menu, select Ditto Boot. (Note: on Win XP, it will be listed as USB audio device) After this, click the green update button to start the update.
      When the progress bar reaches 100%, the LED on the pedal will change. The Ditto will reboot automatically once the update is complete. Do not disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress.

To update the Ditto Looper on a Mac:
      Download the Ditto Looper updater.
      Connect your Ditto Looper to your computer via the USB mini b cable.
      Set your Ditto Looper to boot mode by inserting the power cable while holding down the footswitch. The LED will turn green to indicate it is in boot mode and ready for the software update. Then, open the updater that you downloaded in step 1.
      Drag the DittoLooperSwUpdater application to your desktop and double click the icon to start the update.
      In the Output Device drop-down menu, select Ditto Boot and press the green update button to continue with the update.
      When the progress bar reaches 100%, the LED on the pedal will change. The Ditto will reboot automatically once the update is complete. Do not disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress.
      To access the resources for this unit please follow the link below:
      https://wsi.li/dl/RXsQAtdHN5KiGqsSA/

For last please consider that the Ditto Looper only allow being connected via USB to perform FW updates.
      • Apr 15
  • New
    jlittle3917
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-08

hey guys,

I just got my polytune 3 today. worked great and loved it. updated firmware to 1.4 and now it does not recognize my 5 string bass. It tunes great for individual strings but only shows 4 strings when I strum. 

Thanks a ton,

Josh

read more...
    0 23
    • jlittle3917
      PedroRodrigues Hi jlittle, please consider that if you press the display mode button on the rear of POLYTUNE 3 once, the currently selected display mode will be shown. Pressing the display mode button repeatedly will cycle through these modes:

-Guitar / Needle mode (indicated by a “G” and the centre LED column lighting up).
      -Guitar / Strobe mode (indicated by a “G” and the middle row of LEDs lighting up).
      -Bass / Needle mode (indicated by a “B” and the centre LED column lighting up).
      -Bass / Strobe mode (indicated by a “B” and the middle row of LEDs lighting up).

In Needle mode, when you tune a single string, pitch is indicated by a column of five LEDs in the upper part of the display, and the name of the target note is displayed at the bottom of the display.
      If the string you are tuning is too low, LEDs to the left of the centre column will light up. If the string is too high, LEDs to the right of the centre column will light up. Tune the string until the middle column and the middle row of green LEDs lights up. This means you are “on target”.

In Strobe mode, the difference between the correct (target) frequency and the actual detected frequency is displayed by two indicators simultaneously:

1. Red LEDs to the left (pitch too low) or to the right (pitch to high) of the centre LED column
      2. Rotating segments in the display. The closer the detected frequency is to the target frequency, the slower the rotation.

Tune the string until the rotating pattern has come to a stop and only the middle column of green LED lights up.

As you know, POLYTUNE 3 is a polyphonic tuner, you can strum your instrument, and POLYTUNE 3 will analyse and display the tuning of all strings.
      So, you don’t need to activate the polyphonic tuning mode, it just works. Please Strum and tune. (PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE BELOW)

Please consider that only the strings that are actually present and played will be shown in the display.
      Therefor if you tune a four string bass, only four LED columns will light up.
      • Apr 9
    • jlittle3917
      jlittle3917 Thank you for the quick response. I am currently in bass strobe mode. Tunes great! but the strum mode is only showing me four strings even when I am hitting all 5 on my bass. Prior to the 1.4 firmware update this was working fine and has never been a problem on my previous polytune.
      • Apr 9
  • New
    BigBaby
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-06

Howdy,

I just got a new Corona Chorus and have a few questions about how the Tone knob functions.

When I have the switch set to Chorus or TriChorus, rotating the Tone knob completely counter-clockwise appears to completely remove the wet signal from the output - it almost seems like it is acting in the same way as the FX Level knob.  This was very surprising to me.  For the NON-TonePrint sounds, it does not act like a conventional tone control as far as I can tell.  Is the the expected behavior?

When I set the switch to TonePrint, then the behavior of the knob changes according to the TonePrint that is loaded.  This is what I expected.  For some TonePrints, the behavior appears to be the same as the built-in Chorus and TriChorus settings.  For others, the Tone knob act as assigned (e.g. changes Delay params).

If the Tone knob is mapped to the Chorus - Hi Cut function, should rotating the knob completely counter-clockwise result in a compltely dry signal?  Am I essentially "cutting" the effect from anything over 20Hz leaving only the dry signal as audible?

Thanks for any assistance that anybody can provide.

Scott

read more...
    0 26
    • BigBaby
      DavidKnighton Hello BigBaby,
      I was hoping to reference the user manual on this one, but apparently it is missing from the website at the moment. I submitted a request to get this solved so we can have a look at the possible functions. can you clarify whether you have the green Corona Chorus pedal or the black Corona Chorus + Tri Chorus + Toneprint pedal?
      • Apr 7
      • Corona Chorus - Tone Knob Function
        msdf Hello David, there are many manuals missing on the website. For example for the Spark Booster. Please get that fixed, too. Thanks!
        • Apr 12
        BigBaby Hi David, I replied the other day but I am not sure what happened... my reply seems to have disappeared. Anyways, I have the green Corona Chorus and I did eventually find the manual on-line, but it seems to imply that the tone control should function by rolling off the highs, whereas it seems to roll off the wet signal. Perhaps that is by design, but that is what I'd like to confirm. Thanks!
        • Apr 12
Go to page