Statistics

260,909 members
139,562 posts
  • New
    Cenk1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-09

The tip of the external microphone got lost... how can I find a replacement? What are the technical aspects so that I can look for a local replacement? Thks.

0 18
    • Cenk1
      Nigel67 Hi Cenk1. Please contact our Spares team and they will be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Oct 9
  • New
    mstp
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Are the undo/redo functions by MIDI commands implemented for Ditto x4?

There was discussion about it on the old community forum but I'm not sure if it was even considered by TC.

0 15
    • mstp
      PedroRodrigues Hi mstp, thank you for your post, please consider that, on the latest Firmware released we have added the Midi start/stop that allows X4 playback to be started alongside your DAW or other Midi clock sending device, but on the Midi commands for undo/ redo, I’m afraid. Thank you
      • Oct 8
  • New
    Marxug3
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

I bought a Quintessence from Sweetwater and loved the sound, Mash function and tracking, but the "momentary" mode was not working. When in this mode it passed no signal at all until you pressed the footswitch, then it passed effected signal. I updated the firmware, played with the interior dip switches, but to no avail. So I sent it back to Sweetwater, who in their usual fashion exchanged it with lightning prompness. However, the newly-arrived Quintessence does the same thing. 

I have been using the pedal in an effects loop, specifically it's the first device off the send of my Mesa Rectoverb. So on a hunch I tried it in front of an amp, and whaddya know, the "momentary" mode functions as advertised. But I want the harmonizer to work on already-distorted tones, quite a natural function for such a pedal, so placing it before the gain stages is not an option. It seems strange that the pedal would have a major feature like "momentary" disabled when placed in an effects loop, especially when the literature states that it can cope with a wide variety of input gains.

read more...
    0 11
  • New
    Nwemyss101
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi there.

ive got a alter ego x4 guitar pedal which recently stopped working. I had it in my pedal board working for a year and can't really explain why it stopped. It seems to just not have any power when plugged in. I've had an electrian confirm that it's not to do with the input. 

And a guitar pedal technician say he can't fix tc electronic products because of the parts they use. 

Unfortunately I bought it second hand so I think warranty won't cover it. But am willing to pay for repairs if it makes sense to do so.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks for any advice. Nick

read more...
    0 10
    • Nwemyss101
      PedroRodrigues Hi Nwemyss101, thank you for your post in this case I would suggest following the link below to access our network of partners and resellers and contact one of our Partner, Reseller or Shops to request a repair on your unit. Please take in to account that some of our Shops also offer repairing services. https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html"
      Thank you
      • Oct 8
  • New
    Ginnguitars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Good morning everyone,

I am trying to find confirmation on whether the plethora is like level or instrument level. 

I use Mesa Boogie amps and they have a line level effects loop which doesn't work with most interfaces but I've heard TC electronic stomp boxes are line level.

Is the plethora x5 line level like the other stomp boxes ?

Thanks. 

read more...
    0 26
  • New
    jazzbrew
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-06

Hello all,

I have a Ditto+ and would like to upload playalong files to the device for use in a practice environment.  What file format should be used to copy to the device?  Is there a required name for the files?  I've tried mp3 and wav but neither appears to be working.  Also, once the file is successsfully uploaded, how would I play the file from the device so I can practice with it or add?

Thanks very much!

read more...
    0 13
    • jazzbrew
      PedroRodrigues Hi jazzbrew, thank you for your post, please consider that the backing tracks files supported are the following, please consider that only wav files are supported (so NOT mp3), in these formats
      • PCM mono 16bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 16bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM mono 24bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 24Bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM mono 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • Float mono 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • Float stereo 32bit @ 44.1kHz

Thank you
      • Oct 7
  • New
    Picksmore
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-04
    Any chance of adding a polyphonic tuner to the X5?  The chromatic is great but having a polyphonic display option would be even better.  Even if it was only displayed on one module window like a Polytune, it'd be a nice option to have.  Pedal switches could control display options between tuner types.  
    read more...
    0 8
    • Picksmore
      Dale_M I will pass this over to the designers however I think this has been asked before and I don't think it was feasible.
      • Oct 4
    • Picksmore
      TC-Mike adding a PolyTune to the Plethora would impact the amount of DSP resources available for other FX, so that we deliberately chose to add a very basic light tuner that doesn't need an extra pedal slots and can run alongside the 5 TP effect slots.
      • Oct 5
      • Plethora Polyphonic Tuner?
        tangozebra just make the tuner use a pedal slot. Don't need poly tuning, just a more accurate or ideally strobe uni tuner
        • Oct 7
  • New
    Thebigdipper
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-10-04

I don't (yet) own an X5. I also don't have a manual to read, so I might be wrong about this, but...

I've got a much-loved drive pedal that I want to use with the X5 just like I currently do with my HX FX. That means connecting it into the FX Loop, of course. It doesn't need to be at the front of the signal chan. I've got it sitting behind a compressor (and sometimes behind a Vibe, too). The difference between the HX FX and the X5 is that I run that pedal quite "hot" to get the tone from it that I'm looking for. It's returning a signal that is much higher than unity gain and therefore louder. However, I don't want there to be a volume difference between my sound with the drive engaged and not engaged, so I use the HX FX parameter for the external FX Loop to reduce the return level when the loop is in use, and bring the volume down so it is the same with or without the drive. 

I'm not sure that the X5 has that facility. If it does, I'd like to how how it gets programmed in. If not, I think it's an enhancement that would increase sales to new people and better use by existing players. 

read more...
    0 16
    • Thebigdipper
      Dale_M I will pass your comments on to the Design team.
      • Oct 4
    • Thebigdipper
      Thebigdipper

Thanks. I've also ad a pre-sales response confirming it isn't in the current product. It should be! :-)

• Oct 5
    • Thebigdipper
      TC-Mike hi, adjustable level controls for the insert loop is already on the list of requested features.. thx for the feedback !
      • Oct 5
  • New
    jordi55
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-04

hola, a pletora x5 hi ha 18 presets de taulers de fàbrica -molt interessants tots ells-, hi ha la possibilitat d'afegir-ne més en el futur? i dues sol·licituds de futures actualitzacions 1º per poder fer UNDO-REDO al looper -please !!! - Sé que ho pots fer !!! i 2º afegiu una ordre de dos temps a qualsevol dels pedals per apagar tots els pedals alhora. Estaria molt bé! i 3º per ser una obra mestra per poder gravar almenys un dels bucles, per acabar dient-vos que heu fet alguna cosa espectacular amb la plétora x5 !!

PD: ahh and the last desire one FUZZ !!!

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    japester
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-04

I've downloaded the Tone Print app for Android and it only has the option of beaming into a pedal.  There are numerous videos on YouTube that show people beaming tone prints into their amps, however, I have not been able to do that.  Can someone please shed some light on this for me?  Thanks

read more...
    0 14
    • japester
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi japester, could you please provide some additional information on which Toneprint enabled amp you are using? Could you please also confirm it is a Toneprint from the TonePrint Bass Amp Library? Please note only Toneprints from this library will give you the option to beam to your amp.
      • Oct 3
    • japester
      japester

Have you been able to see my reply?

• Oct 7
Go to page