Statistics

260,924 members
139,577 posts
  • New
    Barczabass
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-10-01

Whet I create a tonprint for flashback (i have not own yet...), and choose dynamic delay, can I apply to that a filter and/or chorus effect or other tweaks...?

I ask that because as far as I know the original dinamic delay was clear digital unit, with clear exact repeats....

read more...
    0 17
    • Barczabass
      PedroRodrigues Hi Barczabass, thank you for your post,please consider that I presume you are referring to the FLASHBACK 2 DELAY, and in this case the and considering that the pedal offers 3 TP slots fully configurable via the TP APP that will be perfectly possible but all the configuration process must be done on the TP APP and saved on the App prior to be used on the pedal. For more information on the FLASHBACK 2 DELAY I would suggest to follow the two links below to access two video guides for this unit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEq6w7FjnJU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5NFgLumO80 Thank you
      • Oct 6
  • New
    ishpuini
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-01

Hello,

I'm thinking of builing a pedalboard around my Plethora x5. It would be a two row setup with the Plethora on the lower row to ensure easy access to the mash footswitches. To its right I will have an expression pedal, and to its left a rhythm loop station. The pedals in the FX loop will be on the upper row. This is the easier layout from a point of view of accessability while playing.

However there is one issue here. I will plug in my guitar into the Plethora's input, which sits in the middle of the board surrounded by the other pedals. I would rather have a plug-in point on the side of the board. What would be the advised solution to this? I was thinking a Bonafide buffer, but that might be overkill?

Tx for your input

Wim

read more...
    0 17
    • ishpuini
      PedroRodrigues Hi ishpuini, thank you for your post, please consider that the BONAFIDE BUFFER may be a solution as it will free your tone of any treble-sucking constraints put upon it by long cable runs. Nevertheless, using a slightly longer cable may also be a solution always avowing cables that are too long to avoid any deterioration of your signal.
      • Oct 6
  • New
    Andrewdlevy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-27

Broken Pot 

0 9
    • Andrewdlevy
      Nigel67 Hi Andrewdlevy. Please submit a spares ticket and a colleague will get back to you with pricing and availability. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket.
      • Sep 27
  • New
    InVitr0
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-20

I've contacted them on 01.09.2021 for a spare part request and there is still no answer.

Ticket N°: CAS-483764-D1X6P9

Almost three weeks is quite sad.

0 13
    • InVitr0
      KyleJohnson Hello, Kyle here with Music Tribe. I will follow up on your spare parts ticket.
      • Sep 20
    • InVitr0
      PhiaPhia13 Does anyone know how to speak to a person at TC Electronics or their reps? I need to get drives for older equipment like the Konnekt Desktop 6.
      • Sep 23
  • New
    AdamCatalyst
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-20

I can only find outdated versions of the toneprint manual on the TC site. Furthermore, many of the toneprints have no notes whatsoever. Where do I get an up-to-date manual, and info on the toneprints?

0 30
    • AdamCatalyst
      PedroRodrigues Hi AdamCatalyst ,please consider that all the latest resources for Toneprint including the Manual version 2.0 will be presnet by following the link below: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CLC Thank you
      • Sep 20
    • AdamCatalyst
      AdamCatalyst Thanks Pedro. I don’t see any links to info on the various toneprints there… does it exist? You mention the 2.0 manual, but the software is over 4.x now. Does no up-to-date manual exist?
      • Sep 20
      • TonePrint Manual and more
        PedroRodrigues if you follow the link I have provided above you will see the options present on the picture below including the 2.0 manual for the TONEPRINT
        • Sep 20
    • AdamCatalyst
      yazster88

Thanks, Pedro. But the question still remains - Toneprint is now well into version 4.0 - the manual is 2.0. I've tried to use the 2.0 manual and it doesn't match up with what I see on my Toneprint 4.0 app. Hopefully a 4.0 manual will be produced and released at some time soon?

• Sep 22
    • AdamCatalyst
      TC-Mike yes, the manual is out of date :( it will get updated at one point . if you have any specific questions, please let us know.
      • Sep 27
  • New
    TouringBubble
    Regular Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-19

Hello. So, my setup, including the Plethora X5 connected in 4CM, hasn't changed in several months. Suddenly today I have no audio reaching my amp. Based on my testing, this is directly connected to use of the insert loop on the Plethora X5.

The tuner on my board gets a signal, so I disconnected the FX return from the amp and I get signal from the board, pre Plethora.

I then reconnect and test the tuner on the Plethora, which sees my signal. I reboot the Plethora and I get audio until the system boots. If I disconnect the expression pedal, I have audio for about 2 sec, then it fades out. Same with reconnecting. Since my Plethora interrupts the FX loop on the amp, this means my cables and connections are fine, and it's the Plethora itself killing the signal. The amp would be silent with the loop cables connected otherwise.

I swapped to a different boad with a switchable FX loop an I have audio, until I engage the FX loop. Basically, any boards with the FX loop patched in have extremely low output. Effectively silent. I saw another user on the FB group with this same problem.

Any ideas?

read more...
    0 41
  • New
    vincemasuka
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-19

Where can I find an explanation of all the parameters in the Toneprint editor for the Sentry?

0 5
  • New
    Zoobiedood
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-09-18

Why can't I edit an artist Toneprint more than the 3 available parameters on the pedal itself? If I like the Steve Morse delay but want to add more modulation speed, I am out of luck? I have to start from an editable non-artist Toneprint and try to match it? Please let me know if I am missing something here. 

read more...
    0 9
    • Zoobiedood
      PedroRodrigues Hi Zoobiedood, please consider that when you store the TonePrint in your Plethora and load it without the App, the pot meter positions on the board will set the parameters and NOT the value you set in the App at the time of saving unless you used the pots on the pedal to adjust the modifiers , so App and pedal are in sync at the time of saving.

Please remember that you are not making a preset but customize the functions of the pedal including value ranges....

With regards to delay time there are some strategies you can use when you want to have your delay TonePrint use a specific tempo in milliseconds:

Please map delay time value to 12 o'clock (mid) position of the pot meter (mapping page) and consider setting curve point 2 + 4 to same value, so it is easy to dial in this specific tempo by roughly setting pot to 12 o'clock position.

Once you stored your TonePrint on the board, set the pot meters on pedal to correct values in EDIT mode before switching board or editing other TonePrints slot and it will be auto-stored on the board.
      When the we are talking about Artist TonePrint unfortunately any editing parameters is very restrict and in some cases not available.
      • Sep 19
    • Zoobiedood
      Zoobiedood

Thanks for the response, Pedro. What I was concerned with was the Artist Toneprints. While I have used multieffects for 30+ years, many include artist-based sounds. I have never seen a pedal where you didn't have access to edit them fully. It looks like the only thing we can do is to start with a default Toneprint and try to match it by ear to the Artist version, either doing it by memory or switching back and forth. This is highly inefficient. And there is no way to guess what dozens of parameters are.

• Sep 19
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-17

On all major Europe stores (Thomann, Musicstore...) I cannot find the G-System on their assortment anymore.

Is it a temporary thing or TC is slowly phasing out the unit? 

Many thanks!

0 14
  • New
    kongo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

Hello,

Can someone point me to the FAQ on how to get the Polytune out of boot mode? I tried to update the firmware, but it got stuck and now I can't unstick it. 

I downloaded the "PolyTune_SWUPdater" and "setup" file, and followed all the instructions on the release notes page

The issue seems to be that the SW Updater is designed to work in Windows XP, not Windows 10. I tried to run various compatability settings (like running the program in compatability mode for Win XP), but it doesn't let me run the SW Updater, so I can't update the firmware (and its now stuck in the boot mode).

I read that you can run the SW Updater program from an old Windows XP computer and get it to work, but I really don't have any of those around, or know anyone who does.

Can someone please help?

read more...
    0 28
    • kongo
      NicJonesMT Hi Kongo.
      Could you please click Support at the top of the page, and submit a technical support ticket. From there we can then advise you further.
      • Sep 17
Go to page