Statistics

260,920 members
139,573 posts
  • New
    cxu18
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-15

I recently bought a used Ditto x4. Pretty soon I found out that using the Tape Stop effect on a loop even once brought in crackling and noise to any subsequent loops I recorded on that loop channel. The only way to fix it is to disconnect the power supply (currently using a Truetone 1spot). Is this fixable via a firmware upgrade, or it something else?

read more...
    0 22
    • cxu18
      PedroRodrigues Hi cxu18, please consider that you must use the original PSU supplied with your unit, a 9V >300 mA.

Please also confirm that you are using ¼ jack TS cables on the Inputs and Outputs, one ¼ jack TS cable for mono implementation and two ¼ jack TS cables for stereo implementation.
      These cables must be in good working conditions to avoid any issues.

I would also advise that performing a firmware update to your unit will help on this matter
      Please download the latest firmware upgrade from the link below, it is version 1.3.0.0

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/DITTO-X4-LOOPER/p/P0DE9/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

Unplug all cables (including the power supply) from your TC pedal.
      Connect the pedal to your computer using a USB cable.
      Press and hold (min 3 seconds) the leftmost footswitch (Lp1) on your Ditto X4.
      Insert the DC power supply plug while keeping the switch pressed.

The leftmost LED on your pedal should turn green.

-wait until the Loop1 LED turns off
      -now release the Loop1 footswitch and wait until all LEDs are green
      -you are now in boot mode

Release the footswitch.
      Start the updater and select Ditto X4 in the output device drop down menu.
      (if your X4 is not in boot mode it won’t be shown!!)

The second stage will be to apply the firmware update
      Please quit all MIDI- related applications, such as Daw and other, on your computer and please launch the firmware updater that you have downloaded on the first step.
      In the firmware updater App, please select your TC Pedal from the drop-down list under the “STEP 1“heading.

In the case of using Windows XP, please select “USB Audio Device” from the list
      When the “Update button under the “STEP 2“ heading turns green, please press it.
      The update firmware will now be transferred to your TC Pedal.
      Please wait for the progress bar to reach 100%.
      When the update procedure is concluded the pedal will automatically restart.

For last please take in to account that the Tape Stop FX, when pressing the FX footswitch causes the loop to fadeout and detune over the course of a couple seconds, like an analogue tape machine being powered down during playback, the LED will flash red even after playback has stopped and the loop can be re-engaged by pressing the FX footwitch again.
      • Sep 19
    • cxu18
      TC-Mike Pedro is right, please check that you are using the 500mA output of your True Spot PSU- the 250mA outputs (while pedal can boot) are under -powered for the X4. Can you reproduce the issue when using the PSU that came with your X4 ?
      • Sep 27
  • New
    ID73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-13

Hi community,

I want so get a monitor signal from my DI out, and therefore make a cable with XLR to Jack connector. 

Can I bridge Pin 1&3 safely or will it do any harm to my amp (TC BQ500 bass head)?

Thanks in advance!

ID73

read more...
    0 7
    • ID73
      PedroRodrigues Hi ID73 Considering what you are trying to achieve regarding monitoring your signal I would suggest to use the XLR output on the BQ500 to connect it to a device that offers monitoring such as sound card with a XLR input using a D.I. Regarding the asymmetric signal that you referred can you please provide more information on what you are referring to.
      • Sep 14
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-08

Hello,

I have a Corona Chorus pedal and had the Brian May Chorus 1 TonePrint loaded. The pedal is not working anymore and I cannot retrieve the settings for the Chorus I had and loved - unless I buy another pedal of course, but, for now, that's out of the question for me.

Is there anyway I can approximate the settings on my G-System and how If I can't see them? :(

Many thanks in advance! 

read more...
    0 15
    • gilmourstrat
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi gilmourstrat, I am sorry to see your Corona Chorus is no longer functioning. Would you be able to provide a more in-depth description of the issue you are experiencing with it so I may assist further?

If it is a power-related problem could you please provide the specifications of the power supply being used?
      If it is relating to the beaming/storing of Toneprints could you please confirm if you are using the desktop or phone editor and on what type of device?

Thanks in advance.
      • Sep 8
    • gilmourstrat
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi gilmourstrat, thank you for the follow-up. Is this the same even when using a battery?

If so it would, unfortunately, appear to be a hardware fault with the Corona Chorus which is going to require a service repair.
      If you have not yet done so could you please submit a service request ticket and one of our service team can advise further? You can do this by going to support at the top of the page or by using the following link:

https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • Sep 8
  • New
    Jab23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

Hello to all
    I would like to understand how to do a new vortex setup
    I want to keep the vibrating scratch of the vortex but completely eliminate the jet effect
    how can I do?
    Thank you

0 28
  • New
    Nillablanco
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-08

I know there is no way to reinstall factory presets without losing my saved boards. I liked the Factory Presets "chickin lick pickin" board, but I sccidetkg lost it. Does any one have the pedals and setting numbers for that board? I wish they had full board presets for tons print like the other pedals. Thanks! 

read more...
    0 15
    • Nillablanco
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi Nillablanco, the Chickin Lick Pickin presets is made up of the following settings Pedals/Toneprints/Settings:

Hypergravity Copmpressor - Default Toneprint - Sustain = 56, Attack = 100, Level = 47

Flashback 2 - Ana Toneprint - Delay = 6 ,HiCut Freq = 2.80kHz, Delay 2 = 93ms, Delay = 93ms. Feedback = 0, Feedback 1 = 0%, Feedback 2 = 0%, Clip Drive = 6dB. FX Level = 39/-9dB

HoF 2 - Plate Toneprint = Decay = 7/0.824s, Tone = 84, Hicolor = 34, FX Level = 20/-25dB

Flashback 2 - 2290 Toneprint - Delay = 24, Dleay 1 = 292ms, Feedback = 11, FX Level = 21/-23dB

Pipeline Tap Tremolo - Vintage Toneprint - Speed = 39, LFO Speed 1 = 4.50Hz, LFO Speed 2 = 4.50Hz. Depth = 46, LFO Depth 1 = 68%, LFO Depth 2 = 69%. Volume = 30, Output Level = 4.0dB
      • Sep 8
  • New
    gilmourstrat
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-09-07

Hi all,

currently I use a one amp setup, with the G-System. I hook up things the following maner:

1. Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input
    2. G-System Out Left -> Amp FX Return
    3. G-System Input -> Amp FX Send

I think this is called the "3 cable method"? Anyway, the reason I don't use 4CM is the fact that the Treble Booster needs the guitar interaction directly with the pickups - otherwise sound very thin and lifeless.

I'm thinking on using 2 amps in stereo for bigger venues, so I was wondering if there's a way to hook up the G-System with two amps but mainting the Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input scheme. Maybe using a splitter like this?:

• Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Splitter Input 1 - Amp 1 Input
    • Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Splitter Input 2 - Amp 2 Input

Many thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 10
    • gilmourstrat
      WilliamR Hello, I would hook up the treble booster to one of the g system's effects loop. This will introduce the treble booster to the front end of your amp where it needs to be. Please refer to the attached Diagram.
      • Sep 7
    • gilmourstrat
      gilmourstrat

Many thanks for your reply William. It doesn't work I'm afraid. The Treble Booster is a tricky beast - it needs direct interaction between the guitar pickups and the amp input. So it must be Guitar -> Treble Booster -> Amp Input. Any other way it sounds like a can...

• Sep 8
  • New
    DAKn0x
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-06

Hi, I just took delivery today of a Zeus Drive (awesome so far). I remember reading that the first so many units (can't remember how many?) will have a pair of germanium clipping diodes.

Does anyone know how I would know what diodes are in mine?

read more...
    0 17
  • New
    MTGuitar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-31

I'm trying to decide between the regular Polytune 3 and the Mini version, I like the Mini's size, and that it has the switches on the outside, but is it possible to upgrade the Mini's firmware?  I don't see anything like a USB connector like the regular Polytune 3 has, and there don't seem to be any software updates on the product page. 

Thank you!

read more...
    0 30
    • MTGuitar
      Dale_M Hi there, no there is no software updates available for the mini as it does not have a USB port, only the full size Polytune 3 offers this advantage.
      • Aug 31
      • Is it possible to update firmware on Polytune 3 Mini?
        MTGuitar I figured that was the case, I just wanted to confirm. Thank you for your response!
        • ·
        • Aug 31
  • New
    ToneRanger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-08-30

Can anyone verify what Toneprints are in the stock A and B preset switches of a TC Alter Ego X4? I really like both of them and wouldn't want to overwrite them by accident.

I read a FAQ that A was the built-in E REC 1 setting and B was the built-in 2290 MOD, but both of those selections have way more and faster modulation than I'm hearing in the presets versions.

Any help would be appreciated.

read more...
    0 17
    • ToneRanger
      PedroRodrigues Hi ToneRanger when you have stored a preset that is using a TonePrint, you can upload/beam a new Tone-Print to that TonePrint slot without affecting the preset, this means that you can effectively access seven TonePrints, like this:
      – Beam four TonePrints to the four TonePrints slots of the pedal.
      – Switch to TonePrint slot 1, adjust delay settings and store the results as Preset A.
      – Switch to TonePrint slot 2, adjust delay settings and store the results as Preset B.
      – Switch to TonePrint slot 3, adjust delay settings and store the results as Preset C.
      – Load four new TonePrints into the four TonePrints slots of the delay type selector.
      You now have access to seven TonePrints,those in the four TonePrint slots and those stored as a part of presets A, B and C.
      There are three factory presets stated below but you can overwrite them with your own favorite settings
      A- This is an Eric Johnson-style tape echo with somewhere between 2 and 3 repeats.
      B -This is a swirly and big 2290 delay with modulation on the repeats. Great for clean playing and volume swells
      C- This is a short analogue delay that will give your sound a bit more ambiance.
      • Aug 31
    • ToneRanger
      ToneRanger

I know how to load TPrints, it's just that what comes stock in at least the A and B preset footswitches is different from any of the other stock sounds in the pedal. I'm guessing they might be TP's from the Flashback X4 but not sure which ones - obviously A is one of the Tape Echo variations and B is a 2290 with Mod, but I wanted someone to confirm which ones so I could reload them if I ever erased them by accident.

• Aug 31
  • New
    Chedmus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-28

Just purchased a TC Polytune 3

Not arrived yet.

To save me taking my pedal board appart to get acces to the power cables i'm considering using a battery with this.

Does anybody know whether the Polytune draws power whilst connected - even when the unit is off?

Whilst connected, how long will a standard alkaline battery last during constant use (true bypass mode)

Cheers

read more...
    0 29
    • Chedmus
      PedroRodrigues Hi Chedmus, please consider that the Polytune 3 will draw voltage even when off , it draws lower voltage but it does draw energy. Thank you
      • Aug 30
Go to page