Statistics

267,754 members
147,251 posts
  • red99
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-25

What is the actual output (watts) of the TC 250BH bass amp @ 8ohms? 

0 119
    • red99
      Nigell2019

Hello 

This is a tough nut to crack, and it really depends on the age and quality of the Soilid State amplifier. 

All though SS amps are getting much better, and louder, in my experience they are still a stones throw away from the raw loudness you will get from tubes. I have always used a 6 to 1 ratio for a rough estimate. So I would think your 250 head would be equivilant to a 30 - 40 watt tube amp, this of course depends on the speakers and the ohm rating  4, 8 etc .  .  

• November 26, 2019
    • red99
      TC-Lars

Hi.

The BH250 will deliver 250W at minimal load (which is 4 Ohms). It will deliver 125W at 8 Ohm.

Now, what a class-D amplifier will deliver in terms of "percieved loudness" etc. has a lot to do with what you play on that class-D amplifier (how dynamic your playing is, how percussive your playing is etc.). So yes, how loud you can play your guitar or bass with class-D and tube-power cannot be compared in terms of their wattage 

/Lars

• November 26, 2019
  • RL
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Hello - when I connect the spectracomp to the tone print editor, I see no correlation between the position of the knob and the reading I get. Meaning - when the knob is all the way left the reading is about 20%. When the knob is at Mid, the reading is about 100%, when the knob is all the way to the right, the reading is about 40% etc. Its realy all over the place so I can't get accurate setting with the knob. This of course also reflects in the sounds I get when the pedal is not connected to the tone print but just to my guitar and amp.

Is this a defect or is it possible to do some kind of "reset" for the pedal?

I updated the latest firmware - 706.

read more...
    0 189
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi RL.

Please remember that the SpectraComp is a fairly advanced 3 band compressor that only has 1 knob.
      So this knob can control up to three parameters and I don't know which parameter you're looking at (or for which TonePrint) when you say that it's "not compatible".

Please go to the "Mapping" tab in the TonePrint App to see which parameters are mapped to the Compression knob on the pedal. Here you can see how the (up to) three parameters act depending on where the knob is on the range. The marker (highlighted in Yellow on the screenshot I've added) should move across the screen when you turn the knob. And it should follow the "Knob Range" from left to right when you turn the knob.

Does you pedal act like it should, then everything is OK.

Kind Regards,
      Lars

SpectraComp_knob_range_mapping.JPG
      • November 24, 2019
    • RL
      RL

Hi Lars - Thanks for your response.

I have added a video to illustrate the problem.

(view in My Videos)

• November 24, 2019
    • RL
      TC-Lars

Hi.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. 
      Thanks for the video, this clearly shows that you have a problem..

This looks more like a hardware-related issue than a software issue, in my opinion. I could be wrong of course, but this does not look like a software issue. 
      How long have you had this pedal and has it always behaved like this?

I have seen similar behaviour in potentiometers that have somehow gotten "past" their stop-point in analog electronics.

I think you need to have you pedal exchanged or repaired. I can't say for sure, but it looks like the potentiometer is broken.

You will have to contact the support (and I do apologize that they are currently working on a new system to handle tickets, so please have patience).

/Lars 

• November 24, 2019
  • gz
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-21
    0 118
    • gz
      gz

Apparently I don't know how to use this forum.  Anyway...

Is there any way to modify the non-TonePrint slots on a TonePrint pedal?

The Mash feature on the Flashback 2 gradually increases the intenstiy of the effect. I just got an HoF2, only to discover that the Mash on this pedal abruptly removes the effect - just the oppostie of the Mash function on the Flashback, and just the opposite of what I want the Mash to do on any pedal with Mash. 

I can design the effects in the TonePrint slots to do what I want, but can I alter the other slots at all, or am I stuck with uselss presets, at least in terms of the Mash function?

• November 21, 2019
  • luc_armstrong
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-21

Hi!

I had a full-size TC Electronic Sub 'n' up. I lost it in a robbery here in Brazil, but I miss the default toneprint setting that I had on that one.

Now I have the mini version of the Sub 'n' up with fewer knobs and footprint. but can it sound as the default toneprint of it's bigger brother? i dont know, but maybe a preset in the tone library?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 197
    • luc_armstrong
      TC-Samuel

Hi Luc,
      Thanks for letting us know! It seems we didn't convert the default toneprint when we released the mini. Looking at it now and it should be in the app later today under the name "Sub'n'Up default"

• November 28, 2019
  • goldsman
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-21

I was wondering if someone could recommend a Toneprint which mimicks a simple delay + octaver effect?   I took a look at the editor and it makes my head spin at first glance...

I'm trying to get something along the lines of what Neil Young does in "Life a Hurricane"

read more...
    0 115
    • goldsman
      TC-Kristian

Hi @goldsman 

You could try out the Crystal TonePrint which is delay with each feedback going through an octaver. This produces a shimmering effect which is cool for soundscaping and the more ethereal stuff.

But for Neil Young's tone on Like a hurricane I'd probably go for just a bit of slap back delay on either Tape or Analog and then play an octave interval with my hands. I think there's some reverb on there too. That might be it. 

Hope you're liking the Flashback 2! 

Rock on, 

Kristian

• December 8, 2019
  • trash-o
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

Hello ! I'm about to buy a K210 cab and I'll be using it live in a month, I just want to know if it needs a break-in period and if it does, how long and at which level...

Thanks !

0 78
    • trash-o
      TC-Kristian

Hello @trash-o!

There's no need to break-in TC cabs. They're good to go right out of the box!

Happy trails and best wishes with the live gig!

Rock on!

• November 27, 2019
  • Chintzel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

So my ditto looper (the very basic one with just a level knob and single switch, started developing a "lag" whenever you end a recording of a loop. It's probably about 300 or so miliseconds but it is very obvious and basically there is a brief silence before the loop beginning starts. I have tried ending the loop at different points in the riff and basically the same thing happens. I don't recall ever having this issue before. Otherwise it works fine but the lag/delay/pause makes it basically unusable. Any ideas? 

read more...
    0 306
  • keigon1989
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

Hello, my Flashback X4 still keeps losing even after updating to the latest firmware. I've seen in other forums that this seems to be a problem for other people as well. Any solution? I'm using a 1 spot solely for it. 

0 106
  • Jallenackerman
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-19

Hello!

I recently purchased the TC Electronic Iron Curtain Noise Gate and, at least in every description that I've read, it states that there is a Toggle Switch that allows for the user to choose between muting signal completely or reducing unwanted noise. Is that something that is located inside of the pedal's chassis or am I missing something else?

read more...
    0 445
    • Jallenackerman
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Jallenackerman,
      Woah you're right!  I'm a little out of my element here commenting on TC Electronic products, but I actually own this pedal on my gigging bass pedalboard so your post caught my eye.  Over the weekend I did some digging and found nothing online about this feature, so I opened up my pedal...Iron Curtain Guts.jpg

Unfortunately now post-surgery, I can assure you there's no extra switch inside the Iron Curtain.  Feel free to check yourself though, there are no warranty seals so you can open up your pedal pretty easily.

Looking at the website, there's a bullet point that says "Toggle switch lets you choose between muting signal completely or reducing unwanted noise"

Looking at the Product Information Document (in the "Downloads" section), I see the exact same text about the "switch" is in there too.

So what's up with that?  From my experience at TC Helicon, I think I've got an idea of what happened here.  The Product Information Document is created quite early in the product's life, sometimes predating the actual design of the product itself, and later the webpage typically takes text from the PID.  I think what happened here is the idea of a mute/reduce "Toggle switch" never actually made it into the product, but the text still carried over from that ideation PID onto the website.

Sorry to say I don't believe the Iron Curtain is capable of a full-on mute mode, but just the default noise-reduction mode (which has been great for me and my high-gain bass).  I'm going to pass this on to our web team and hopefully have that incorrect bullet point removed from the pedal's page.  Thank you for pointing out this discrepancy, and hopefully your Iron Curtain is still just as useful to you as it is to me despite not having this extra feature.  Cheers!

• November 26, 2019
  • Wouter
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-19

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my tc-electronics Sub n' Up. The pedal works great, but I can't beam toneprint stuff to my pedal. I have tried all the pickups on my strat, turned my phone up loud, and I do get some flashing from the pedal. But the effect signal does not change. My phone is a Pocophone F1. Hope someone can help! thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 211
    • Wouter
      macfilipe

Hi,

When beaming, do you get the green confirmation flashes at the end of the process?

If you don't get the confirmation flashes, what's your signal chain from guitar to the pedal? Do you have any other active pedals / preamp between the guitar and the Sub n'Up?

If you do get the confirmation flashes, have you set the little toggle switch on the Sub n'Up to the middle position?

These bits of info might help us find out what's going on...

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      Wouter

Hi,

Well now that I think about it the flashes might be red? Going to check tonight because I'm not sure. But I'm sure that I do get flashes. My signal is great (isolated power and good cables). It doesn't matter if I use the sub'n 'up solo or in a chain on my pedalboard, the beaming feature does not work either way. I do indeed have it switched in the middle position. I've read that it might have to do with the speakers of certain phones? That the speakers must be magnetic or something? i wouldn't know if this is the case for me, but im gonna test it with a friends phone soon. Logic would say that red means wrong (red flashes), which would mean that the signal the pedal is recieving isn't sufficient. So it probably is going to be my phone that is the problem, knowing that it can't be my guitar and/or signal. We shall see. Thanks for your response!

• November 19, 2019
    • Wouter
      TC-Mike

hi Wouter, you can also use an audio cable (mini jack to 6,3 mm jack) to beam the toneprints to your pedal and transfer toneprints via USB instead, it it turns out to be the phone speaker.

• November 19, 2019
Go to page