Statistics

260,195 members
138,697 posts
  • brachem
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-08

Does adding an external Tap Tempo pedal to the stereo jack only work with the newest version of the Flasback 2 pedal or does it even work with older versions of it?

0 186
    • brachem
      TC-Mike

Flashback 2 works with external tap switch in all versions. (note: you need to enable it in the toneprint app!/ "global product settings" tab when Fb2 is connected to editor and you edit any template)

latest 1.2. service update will also include the option to use internal tap tempo mode, if MASH functionality is disabled in the Toneprint app..

1.2 firmware update will be relreased later this week... 

Best, Mike

• September 23, 2019
    • brachem
      msengers

looking forware to the new firmware. Makes the Flashback 2 perfect. No external tap pedal needed and stereo delay (I guess)

• October 1, 2019
  • pedrolpd
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-06
    0 114
  • JoeMarabella
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-03

Hey everyone, I got a used TC G-Force and no sound is coming out of it. Does anyone know how to make it work?

0 138
  • FelixHomann
    Super Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-03

Hi,
    it would be great if the Flashback 2 could be synced to MIDI Clock via USB. It's already recognized as a class compliant USB MIDI device and can sync to tap tempo. So it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Kind Regards

Felix

read more...
    1 832
    • FelixHomann
      TC-Mike

Hi Felix,

thank you for your feedback. With the current Fb2 Midi sync via USB is unfortunately not an option due to the codespace being fully used, so there are no recources left for new features. With the new Fb 2 Firmware update, that is being released next week, we opted to implement a Tap tempo mode instead and could just fit it in, so that other feature ideas had to be dropped.

We keep this in mind when developing new products and have it already logged as a feature request.

In a typical Guitar setup Din Midi is much more common and has better compatibility with other existing midi enabled guitar products. Our new FB 2 X4 has expanded Midi specs including Midi clock and global tap tempo feature, as it also has enough space for standard mid connectors. On the normal sized Toneprint pedals there is no space for a din midi socket.  Would midi support via minijack out and an adaptor work for you too ? 

Best regards,

Mike

• September 2, 2019
    • FelixHomann
      FelixHomann

Hi Mike,

thank you very much for your detailed reply. It seems I might need to get a good deal for my FB 2 and get a FB 2 X4 instead  

MIDI through a minjack+adaptor would be a good idea for the normal sized pedals, indeed. The reason I specifically asked for the USB/MIDI sync was that there already is a USB jack on the pedal and hoped it could be implemented. In the end I don't care that much how the MIDI connection is made.

Regards,
      Felix

• September 3, 2019
    • FelixHomann
      SpaceAgeHero Hi guys,
      I'm also interested in Midi Clock sync for the Flashback 2.
      Unfortunately I don't have enough space for the X4.
      Couldn't this be implemented on the stereo input jack (where also tap tempo pedals can be used)?
      That is all, which is lacking for me on this awesome compact pedal.
      Kind regards
      Raik
      • Jan 17
  • TC-Mike
    Triber Moderator
    2019-08-26

our team is proud to present the new Hall of Fame 2 x4 :

hof2 X4.png

https://www.tcelectronic.com/Categories/Tcelectronic/Guitar/Stompboxes/HALL-OF-FAME-2-X4-REVERB/p/P0DHT#googtrans(en|en)

What's new compared to Hall of Fame 2 at a glance?

- 8 presets in 2 banks (banks can be toggled via foot switches too)

- 6 toneprint slots to store cutom reverbs or artist toneprints on the hardware

- 4 customisable MASH switches and Expression pedal (input)  allow for dynamic realtime tweaking of ANY FX parameter

- Midi implementation allows for remote control of all FX parameters and preset recall 

-customisable Shimmer reverb and other reverb types  via Toneprint app

-dip switches for Kill dry and bypass mode can be directly accessed via toggle switches on the backplate

What do you guys think?

Any questions? , just let us know..

cheers,

Mike

read more...
    4 204
    • TC-Mike
      TC-Mike

Since some have asked this for the Flashback 2 X4, here are the Midi specs for the Hof 2 X4: 

hof2 x4 midi implementation.PNG

• August 25, 2019
  • Ricketybacker
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-01

Alright. So I bought a new K-410 cab and took it straight for a European tour. The cab does it's job well, is relatively light, and looks good. The only thing I've come to dislike is how the tweeter reacts to some of my dirt pedals. I'd like to bypass it or disconnect it completely. 

Unfortunately the customer support hotline can't help with any modifications since it would void the warranty, which I found to be a bit annoying. 

I was going to order a K-212 to pair it with, but then I'll just end up with twice the trouble. 

So my question is: How do I go about disconnecting the tweeter completely? Do I also need to do something to some kind of crossover circuit?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 165
    • Ricketybacker
      RichardYClark

You would normally EQ the sound to turn down the HF in the amp driving the speaker. If the amp can't do it then, yes, you could get something like the TC Electronics XO24 Speaker Management Controller which would include both EQ and Crossovers.

• August 1, 2019
  • Ecicchi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-29

Hello all,

I had a question about setting up a tone print for the Brainwaves pedal. Wanted to get that 90s Van Halen detune effect. I was wondering if you had recommendations for the perimeters in the tone print editor using the Double Detune as the baseline. If you could give me some direction that would be great. Thanks.

read more...
    0 184
    • Ecicchi
      TC-Mike

Hi,

the double detune is a great starting point and you just need to adjust the level of detuning you'd like to have.

The Voice 1 + 2 set the detuning and if "detune" subtype is selected, Voice pots detune in cents! instead of halftones (+/- 50 cents) . For a more pronounced effect (during eg a solo) make sure Voice 1 and 2 are detuned in oposite directions (1 up / 1 down) . Using MASH switch you can dynamically adjust the amount of detuning and the mapping of the Dual Detune template allows for extra detuniung compatred to potmeter settings.

Simply adjust the mappings of the Template in the editor and save it as a new Tp in app/pedal.

• August 5, 2019
  • Mattyboy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-29

HI all,

Ive been running the X4 ok with midi sync from logic x - but I did a gig at the weekend and although the sync light started flashing it wasnt locking in on time the way it did in reherasals. It had drifted by half a beat.

Does anyone know the best settings for  mtc/clokc on logic to make sure it stays locked ?

Also is it essential that the song start is at 00000 ? 

thankyou

Matt 

read more...
    0 113
  • Clay101
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-07-26

I've been using my G system for 7 years with a H & K Triamp MKII w/MIDI running 4 cable and loving it. I'm getting more work where weight is a problem (due to travel) and I'm looking for a small amp I can take with me and use the G system with (it's got years of settings loaded). 

I'm closing in on a Marshall DSL 40C (combo) and can't seem to get a clear answer on being able to change channels (and gain settings) on the Marshall using the G System midi switching.

I know I'll have to adjust the midi/channel switching as the H&K has 6 channels but that's not a problem. 

Has anyone used a G System with a DSL 40C (or similar)?

read more...
    0 137
  • tdubu
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-19

My Sub N Up will not accept Toneprints through my guitar. It will also not work when connected through the USB port when plugged into my laptop or iPad. When I start the Toneprint app, I don't see the pedal as being connected, the serial number doesn't appear and I can't bring up the template editor. Also when I do use the pedal its very gritty and overdriven in every mode. Does anyone know of a firmware update or a way to hard reset the pedal? Thanks!

read more...
    0 87
Go to page