Statistics

223,682 members
97,899 posts
  • New
    Bambel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hello, I got a problem with my Hall of fame 2 Reverb Pedal effect : even i'ts a fantastic pedal, I'm confused to understand all the effects wich are available on the app. And the manual didn't correpond : for example, no words about the octaver's effects and the configuration is different.

--> @TC Electronic : do you plan to update your manual to explain the effects of the latest software version? If yes, when ? If no, can you give me some precision about the effects wich are not in the manual, specially the octave effects ?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Sylvain Bambel (bass guitar hobbyist player)

read more...
    0 21
    • Bambel
      PedroRodrigues Hi Bambem please consider that the only effect that involves octaves on the HOF is the SHIM (Shimmer) reverb and the explanation for this effect will be present on the HOF's product page on the manual that you will access by following the link below: https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CI3 If this does not reply to your question please provide more details and I will gladly provide you the information you are serching for.
      • Mar 14
    • Bambel
      Bambel Thank you M. Rodrigues. In fact, my goal is to have 1 or 2 TonePrint on the pedal (1,2,3) with the MASH SHIM effect, but only when I press the MASH button, with an another effect on normal position. I send this email to have an answer : ---------- Forwarded message ---------
      De : Bambel
      Date: jeu. 18 mars 2021 à 13:47
      Subject: Re: Case Number: CAS-430795-W6H2Y2 is still Awaiting for Customer Response CRM:0120000137460
      To: Music Tribe Customer Quality

Hello,
      First, I would like to thank you to give me a answer as you did, it's very professionnal and I will recommand TC Electronics to my friends musicians, for that, too !
      Here is my question (I try to do my best in english but sorry it's not my mother tongue) : On the pedal Hall of fame 2 Reverb, I would like to have the sound of SHIM effect when you press the MASH button, on the toneprints 1, 2, 3, but with a another programm whe not
      pressing the MASH effect. I tried to copy the programmation of the MASH effect on the SHIM effect (as the illustration on annex of this mail ), but doesn't work, probably cause the base of the effect is not the same.
      Can you maybe help me about that, to find the good programmation to have for example the "Bassement" effect for normal and the MASH SHIM effect when I press the MASH ? Or an another programmed effect when MASH is not preesed, and the SHIM MASH effect when the MASH effect is pressed ?
      I hope I'm clear with my question.

Than you very much for your answer.
      Kind regards
      Sylvain But maybe you can help me here ? Thank you very much ! Kind regards.
      • Mar 18
    • Bambel
      TC-Mike Hi Sylvan,

the Shimmer effect only works on the existing Shimmer templates and cannot be applied to the other TonePrints, due to the signal routing that is needed behind the scenes for the cross-feedback routing of the octaver back into the reverb. .
      This is a known issue of the TonePrint app that we hope to fix with one of the next versions.
      For now please modify the existing Shimmer templates to your liking. On the various existing Shimmer template , you can easily modify the MASH routing to have Shimmer only active if MASH switch is pressed and you can set it up dynamically (the harder you press the more shimmer ) or just a fixed Level for the "octaver to effect " parameter that opens the cross-feedback patch of the Octaver into the Reverb (and back again) .

See attached screenshot on how to modify the the MASH mapping for the "Angelic Voices" Shimmer Template for your HOF 2. to bring in the Shimmer dynamically (for fixed send level just set curve points to same value )
      best regards, Mike
      • Mar 19
  • New
    catzodellamarina
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

In the original G-Major, there was a Tremolo effect.  One of the presets was called Chopper.  Based on this preset, I used the Tremolo effect for signature sounds in a couple songs I played.  It was simple to nail the timing.

When I got a G-Major2, the Tremolo effect was gone!  It was replaced by some fancier and similar effects (I don't remember the names) but more difficult to duplicate what I had previously and easily done in using the Tremolo in the original G-Major.  Can anyone tell my why they got rid of the simple Tremolo effect?  How can I easily setup the G2 effect to work like a 3 knob tremolo pedal?

read more...
    0 15
    • catzodellamarina
      PedroRodrigues Hi catzodellamarina, please consider that a Tremolo is basically a change of the signal level controlled by an LFO, the G-Major 2 offers several variations of this effect; ranging from soft and smooth to hard and aggressive providing the user the capability to have more tools to set up the Tremolo that you have on the G-MAJOR, please see below:
      Speed Range: 0.050 Hz to 20 Hz
      This parameter sets the speed of the effect.

Tempo Range: Ignore, 1 to 1/32T (T= Triplet & D= Dotted)
      When set to any value between 2 and 1/32T, the Global Tempo is subdivided according to this setting. When set to “Ignore”, the speed set using the Speed parameter is used instead.
      The Tap Master parameter – located in the Global menu – specifies whether the Global tempo or the tempo set by the Speed parameter in each preset should be used at preset change.
      Depth
      Range: 0 to 100 %
      This parameter sets the intensity of the effect. A 100 % setting means that the signal is completely muted between signal peaks.
      Type
      Settings: Soft/Hard (Sinus or Square) Two waveforms are available as modulation sources for the Tremolo effect. Setting this parameter to “Hard” results in a steeper, recognizable effect. Listen and choose the appropriate option.

PulseWidth
      Range: 0 to 100 %
      If you set this parameter e.g. to 20 % with the Type parameter set to Hard, the signal will be heard in one channel for 20 % of the time and in the other one for 80 % of the time. With a Type setting of Soft, a 50 % setting would yield a full sine wave, whilst 0 % and 100 % would yield a crest-to-peak and peak-to crest curve, respectively.

Hi-Cut
      Range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
      This parameter attenuates the high frequencies of the Tremolo effect. Use the high-cut filter to create a less dominant Tremolo effect without changing the effect’s Depth.

OutLev – Out Level
      Range: -100 to 0 dB
      This parameter sets the overall output level for this effect.

In conclusion the Tremolo on the G-MAJOR 2 was in fact replaced by a more detail Tremolo effect tool that offers the user a greater capability or adjustability allowing a more personalise Tremolo effect set up

For more information on this process please follow the link below to access the guide for the G-MAJOR 2.
      https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CKW

Thank you
      • Mar 14
  • New
    MitchConnely
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-10

Hi,

Just bought a Plethora X5. I installed the latest firmware and I'm hooking it with the 4 cable method, the correct way just like explained in the following video :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STMU5G1gND0

Now, when I change boards or when I switch pedals positions or when I assign toneprints, the volume goes EXTREMELY loud for a second. 

I've seen other thread about this here but no valuable answer. This needs to be fixed as it could lead to serious hearing damage.
    I'm scared it could also damage my amp.

I absolutely need to run this unit with the 4 cable method because some effects need to be in front of the amp while others need to be in the amp fx loop.

I'm attaching an image of the waveform of a recording I made with my phone next to the amp. You can see the middle part where the volume jumps up is when I switch board.

read more...
    1 30
    • MitchConnely
      WilliamR Hello, William here from music tribe. This issue has just been brought to our attention recently. This has been passed to our engineers and they are looking into it.
      • Mar 10
  • New
    Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • New
    Mikey007
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-03-10

When is this unit due to be available in the United States  I can't find one in stock anywhere 

0 8
    • Mikey007
      DavidKnighton Hello Mikey,
      Sweetwater is our new distributor for RETA (retail product) in the USA. Please reach out to Sweetwater on the subject, as we are not able to provide logistical information on their distribution.
      • Mar 10
  • New
    Matopotato
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-10

Hi,

I have found some turtorials on YT that I will chake out, but tried a bit yesterday on my own. I saved something for Sub 'N' Up which went to "User" and another for Helix that ended up in "Favourites". Felt a bit random.

I am also wondering if there is some way to edit on PC and store in Android device as well.

I am not experienced in the technical aspects of LFOs, and other components so the editor somtimes only show abbreviations for things Idon't know what they mean. Is there some kind of document describing the various things you can edit, what it means and what impact they might have?

Thanks,

Mathias

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    eplepai
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-09

Hi

Thanks for the nice new pedals and features in the 1.2 firmware releasen.

Here's a couple suggestion for a possible future firmware version.

1. The tremolo can easily be used as a clean boost - very nice. The challenge is when playing live. The tremolo can then mean tremolo or clean boost. I will surely press the wrong button sometimes. Could you create a Clean Boost pedal with just the level setting?

2. To make the most out of the X5 I would also like to see a dedicated Tap tempo pedal that affects any delays and maybe others if applicable. When playing live I find it diffucult to remember to hold to activate tap-tempo. This pedal could also show tempo/BPM with large visible letters.

Keep up the good work!

Regards

Terje

read more...
    1 18
  • New
    shingo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-08

I want to use the Quintessence block on the Plethora for intelligent harmonies.

I need to be able to change the key with a footswitch of some type during live use. It seems like the fastest way to switch would be to assign one footswitch button to scroll up through keys and one footswitch button to scroll down through keys.

1. Can this be done with a midi footswitch?

2. Can this be done with external footswitch?

3. Could I assign the expression pedal to scroll through keys? If so, I wonder how easy or hard that would be to use?

4. Can footswitches be assigned to control other parameters in that effect, like the scale?

5. Any special technique suggested for getting good natural sounding medium gain dual lead guitar tones, ala Allman Brothers, Queen, etc? I've heard good demos for these kinds of dual lead tones with the Digitech HarmonyMan and wondering if I can meet or exceed that with the Plethora?

6. Anyone try combining the Quintessence with the Mimic for dual lead sounds? Would that be helpful?

7. Can the harmony signal be routed to one channel (like left) and the main signal be routed to the other (right), to send them to different amps?

8. Could a mini midi keyboard be mapped to the Quintessence block, so that the notes on the keyboard switch the key directly to thecorrelating one? Like I press the E note on the keyboard and the Quintessence key setting changes directly to E?

Thank you!

read more...
    1 14
    • shingo
      PedroRodrigues Hi shingo, please consider that it’s not possible to assign a footswitch to control keys in any way you have mentioned
      Regarding your third question, please consider that you can assign the expression pedal to scroll through keys. The key can be assigned to Expression modifier on the Tone Print App.
      Concerning your question regarding if a footswitch be assigned to control other parameters in an effect, that is effectively possible all QT parameters can be assigned to:
      The 3 pot-meters of Tone Print
      MASH Switch
      Expression pedal.
      When it comes to the question, if you can route the harmony signal to one channel and the main signal be routed to the other, to send them to different amps, unfortunately that will not be possible.
      Regarding the question about if it’s possible to use a mini midi keyboard to map the Quintessence, unfortunately none of this implementation is possible.
      When using MASH to change scale EG, it runs through the list of 20, so to get anything useful out of it, I would advise only the use 2, max 3 scales -> the default scale of TP (MASH default and the one that is active when switch is released) and then you can program MASH curve points mid ,4,+ 5 to the other scale, so it is easy to switch however hard you press

Please consider that you can also assign to HOT KNOBs, but in this case it’s not useful for the type of implementation you have stated since you require hand-free control, that is not useful for that.

Please use to MASh being pressure sensitive you can use it to switch between scales. In this example the default is IONIAN and pressing at any will select the alternative one (in this example "super Locrian" .
      It is important to understand that for scale parameter to return to MASH default , it must not be assigned to any of the 3 pots as well, otherwise it will return to pot-meter position instead of mash default as pot always has priority over mash.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    barneytheboar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Hey there,

I got 2 problems with my new ditto x4 (newest firmware 1.3.0.0. installed), synced to MIDI clock of Behringer RD-8 (which works fine). I hope someone can help me:

1. Loop 1 contains a phrase of 8/4, Loop 2 is supposed to be double length --> 16/4
      When I try to record Loop 2 and stop recording exactly on Beat 1 (in my perception at least), Loop 2 is cut off all the way back to the length of Loop 1 (so 8/4 instead of 16/4). I realised, I have to stop recording of Loop 2 a slight fraction after Beat 1 for it to be complete and play back the supposed length of 16/4. But if I wait just a little too long Loop 2 will be extended to 3 repetitions of Loop 1, hence 24/4. So it's really difficult to get it to do what it's supposed to do.
      While I realise, I might be a little early when trying to stop recording on Beat one, it still makes no sense to me that Ditto x4 wouldn't realise I tried to record twice the length of Loop 1 and cut it by half, instead of extending it by a few milliseconds.
      Is this behaviour normal or am I looking at a defective model and should try to get a replacement?
    2. Regarding the hold effect: The manual says: "When you release the footswitch, playback will resume from the point that the loop would have been had you never engaged the effect at all."
      This makes total sense and would be great – let alone it doesn't. It just continues the phrase where it was haltet, no matter how long I pressed the footswitch and where the loop would have been without engaging the effect.

I'd really appreciate someone giving me advice whether this is normal or shouldn't be that way and whether it can be fixed or not.

Besides these problems I'm really enjoying the looper and would hate to have to give it back.

Thanks a lot in advance!

read more...
    0 4
    • barneytheboar
      barneytheboar Update: Issue #1, cutting the 2nd loop in half, does now not occur constantly but only sometimes. Often ditto x4 regognises my intention of recording a loop of 2x the length of loop 1, even if I stop recording like an 1/8 note before beat 1. But I still don't get, what's the matter the other times that it doesn't.
      Someone out there able to share any experience/advice? Please?
      • Mar 14
  • New
    jdelc
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Hi, I have a Polytune 2 mini in my pedalboard and everytime I connect the power it starts and stays in bypass mode until I press the switch. Does anyone know if it is possible to make it be in "tuning mode" everytime it gets powered on (without the need to press the switch)?

Thanks

read more...
    1 16
Go to page