Statistics

223,657 members
97,874 posts
  • kessles
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-03

Hi, I wonder if I can tune my guitar a half step down (Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb) with Brainwaves Pitch Shifter, how can I do it? 

Also, is it possible if I can pitch shift direct to Drop D tuning with the brainwaves?

Many thanks.

read more...
    1 286
    • kessles
      TC-Mike

Hi, 

you can customise the Pitch shift amount in cents, so creating a toneprint where you pitch shift all notesa half step down is possible visa the editor.

Since the default voicings for the 2 Pitch shifters don't have a "half tone" setting, you use the "Custom" one for voice 1 and 2 to restrict pitch shifting/Tonebending to 100 cents + set the Toggle switch for each voice to "up" or "down" depending wether you want to pitch up or down.

brainwaves 100cents down.PNG

On the common page you set the Mode for the pitch shifter depending on your preferences (whammy mode, etc)

it is not possible to use Brainwaves like a drop tune pedal as it cannot just pitch down the lowest string without ignoring the other 5.  

If you just want to bend up/down the current sound by 100 cents via MASH switch, you set the "Tonebend Tone" parameters to "100 " 

Best regards,

Mike

• November 3, 2019
  • Anto
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-03

Hi

I'm a huge fan of the Crystal delay on the  flashback 2. Does anyone know if a new triple delay is coming out with the same feature? 

0 73
    • Anto
      TC-Mike

Hi Anto,

there is currently no triple delay version of the Fb 2 planned, but there might be another product soon that will be able to cover the same functionality.

Best,

Mike

• November 5, 2019
  • TDBIRK
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-31

Does the BodyRez pre-amp pedal work well with K&K pure mini and McIntyre feather pickups?

Thanks.

0 61
    • TDBIRK
      TC-Mike

Hi TDBirk,

the Body-Rez is mainly designed to work with piezo based pick-ups.

I don't own any of the pickups you mention, but know that many users of the McIntyre pickup recommend to use it with a preamp, so it might not work too well with the Body Rez. My best recommendation is to try it out at your local music store with your instrument to get an impression on how well it works for your setup.

With best regards,

Mike

• November 5, 2019
  • ChrisDunkle
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-30

My 6-strings work great with my AC60. My 12-string doesn't work at all. Does anyone know why?

0 62
  • nxenakis
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-25

My version of this unit has a preset for the Looper function and the effects do not work while using the Looper. I have seen videos where this would work. How can I find info on my particular model? The manual is pretty vague.  Especially when trying to use the Store function. 

read more...
    0 109
    • nxenakis
      TC-Mike

When in Looper mode the FB 2 X4 cannot use delays as on top. This is due to the complexity/processing power required for  the new delay algos. The Fb2 has new Tape/BBB models, true dual delays + a polyphonic octaver used for the Crystal delay type . The Fb 1X4 could use the current delay settings on top of the looper.

With regards to storing you use the righ spring loaded  toggle switch and pull it down to store the current settings to the selected preset location(A,B or C)  .Pulling the toggle switch up will change bank, so you get 3 presets more with direct access.

Pressing and holding the TAP tempo switch will shift banks, indicated by the LED color (green,red) 

tip when working with the Toneprint app: 

while working with the editor, you can store your toneprints settings directly to a preset memeory location, without having to store to a toneprint slot first.

Cheers,

Mike

• October 27, 2019
  • Steve52
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-22

Is there anywhere I can get genuine technical help from TC electronic? This forum just seems to be people with problems talking to each other!  I've updated amp software and now can't send any toneprints (from laptop via USB).  Toneprints that were previously available are asking for amp software version 2.0 - where/what is this?  I'm told that TC have been taken over by Behringer, but they also use this wierd MusicTribe thing instead of a genuine technical support website.  Grateful for any help...

read more...
    0 192
  • TBoneSlort
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-21

It started when I downloaded a the newest Toneprint app to my MacBook Pro. I wanted to reload the default setting No3 into my HOF2. Not only would it not load in any of my 3 Toneprint slots, there was no sound comming from the pedal untill I put in another Toneprint. I tried from both my iPhone and my laptop to no avail. Not only that, now my mash does not work, when I try to engage it, the pedal shuts off.

Any ideas, do I need to install new firmware?

Thanks in advance.

read more...
    0 190
    • TBoneSlort
      TC-Mike

Hi T-Bone,

default Toneprint 3 for the Hof2  has the input level mapped to MASH switch, so unless you holds down the foot switch, you won't hear any signal !! this is not a bug, it is a feature   to do swellls.

toneprint 3 hof2.PNG

Best,

Mike

• October 27, 2019
    • TBoneSlort
      TC-Mike

regarding MASH not working, please check that you haven't disabled it via the editor--> 

MASH switch can be enabled/disable under the Product settings tab of the Toneprint app! 

hof2 mash active.PNG

• October 27, 2019
    • TBoneSlort
      TBoneSlort

Thanks for your input TC Mike, but unfortunatly the Mash switch is indeed on and as soon as I touch the Mash to engage, the unit stuts off.

• October 28, 2019
    • TBoneSlort
      TC-Mike

Hi TBone,

can you elaborate on this?" the unit stuts off."   Does it power cycle and restarts if MASH is engaged ?

Please let us know the steps to reproduce! 

also does this only happen on this particular TP slot where you stored default toneprint 3 or does the unit shuts off everytime when MASH is used regardless of selector position?

Cheers,

Mike

• October 28, 2019
    • TBoneSlort
      TBoneSlort

Hi Mike thanks for the follow up.

None of the TP slots work if I load them with the default No.3 TP setting.

And the Mash botton, when engaged, turns off the pedal.

So in other words the pedal acts like a normal non mash pedal. When the switch is engaed the pedal is on, touch it again and the unit shuts off. This happens across the board, no matter which setting is selected, TP et al.

My HOF2 was working perfectly untill I started using the newest TP app. Unfortunatly the pedal is just off warenty, I purchased it early October last year. 

• October 29, 2019
  • Elvisg10
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-21

I have a nova system, it's great, but my tuner is not working, i put him in the frequence 440hz, but keep out of tune. I have made the update and the problem continue. 

How can I fix this ? 

0 90
    • Elvisg10
      TC-Mike

Hi Elvis,

pleaese provide more details on the issue! What isn't working with the tuner exactly? 

" i put him in the frequence 440hz, but keep out of tune." -could you re-phrase this and be a bit more detailed as to what happens?  Is it an issue with the reference pitch? is the pitch estimate/display not working?? 

Could you maybe write the step it takes to reproduce the issue you experience? 

thank you,

Mike

• October 21, 2019
  • TBoneSlort
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-10-19

Hello,

I just downloaded the new Tone Print app and I'm having a problem with reloading defalt Toneprint for slot 3 on my HOF2. Although it indicates that it has loaded, I get no sound what so ever.

I've tried all the slots but no sound with that Toneprint.

BTW; I find the new interface is cluncky and not as inuative as my older version (pre 10.1.09)

read more...
    0 34
    • TBoneSlort
      TC-Marcus

Hey TBoneSlort!

Edit: just now realised your question is crazy old, very sorry to see you have not received an answer yet! But if you still have this issue, please try what I wrote below..

The default TonePrint for slot 3 is actually a swell with Mash. So no audio will pass through until you engage the mash switch. 

Please try mashing and let me know how it works out  

Sorry to hear about the clunkyness, but I'm not sure about version 10.1.10. The latest version, as far as I can see, is called 4.3.00 from https://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprints

Where did you get the TP app from? Please try updating

• April 24, 2020
  • Bruce
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-19

My Toneprint editor won't work.I cannot Dl anything into pedal.It's greyed out.It was working fine yesterday but this morning I tried to use and no luck.Can anyone help me?Thank you,Bruce.

0 64
    • Bruce
      TC-Mike

Hi Bruce,

on what computer platform are you? or do you use the mobile versions of the TP app? 

this sound like a connection error via USB.  It will also happen if you have other audio Midi App opened on your computer that hog the Midi drive needed for communication between Toneprint editor and pedal. 

Please try reconnecting USB cable/restarting pedal and make sure you have closed all other audio related app prior to opening the Toneprint editor. On a PC you can furthemore check wether your connected Pedal is recognised by windows as an usb device .(control panel -device manager/audio video and game controller --> sub'n Up shoul de listed here)

If you still have issues, please get in touch with our tech support team and provide them with all relavant info!

(firmware vesion used, editor version and platform, etc)

You can file a support ticket directly via the MG community now  
      https://community.musictribe.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/CarePortal

Best regards,

Mike

• October 20, 2019
Go to page