Statistics

173,374 members
40,768 posts
  • 2020-08-04

10 band programable EQ would be fantastic. (With maybe 12db of boost) Like the Source Audio Programmable EQ or BOSS EQ-200.

That way we can bring our own drive and still modify the sound on the fly with the Plethora for scoops and leads etc........ (Phonebooth sounds, who knows)

Thank You

Also...... Viscus Vibe and Phaser are much/much needed, please make them happen soon.

read more
    1 8
    • warddoug
      Nigel Turner Hi warddoug, many thanks for your enhancement request. I will forward this on to the design team for future releases of firmware.
      • Tue at 12:02 AM
    • warddoug
      nadampski Definitely 100% certainly totally absolutely indubitably please please please YES to this!!!! My Chapman Stick has no tone-cut so this would be wúnderbar!
      • Tue at 5:59 AM
    • warddoug
      Nigel Turner I have passed the information on, so can only wait and see what happens
      • Wed at 8:33 AM
  • 2020-08-04

Hello

I own an X5 and was using it in stereo through 2 Quilter Labs Tone Block 200 amps.The MIMIQ when run after preamp pedal (ISP THETA Pre) in the loop, absulutely wrecks the tone of the original signal. Both Left and Right stereo are very harsh. Without MIMIQ still sounded great, clicked MIMIQ on and YIKES!!! Ear Splitter. (No matter what settings on MIMIQ) Before FX loop it still sounded OK (MIMIQ) But that kinda defeats the prupose of the MIMIQ sending different signals (Original and AI enhanced) left and right.

This was one of the big reasons I chose the Plethora X5 in the first place.

I used to use an actual MIMIQ pedal to stereo split my guitar and run into 2 amps. I absolutely love the double tracking AI as it doubles guitar nicely. So I understand how it's supposed to sound/work.

read more
    0 3
    • warddoug
      Nigel Turner I will pass on your comments to the design team and ask them for some feedback. It is holiday time in Denmark so it may not be straight away. Please bear with me.
      • Tue at 12:05 AM
      • Plethora X5 MIMIQ Issues
        Nigel Turner A colleague from the design team said that he would send you an e-mail regarding this
        • Tue at 7:04 AM
  • 2020-08-04

to trigger multiple effects at the same time to avoid the dreaded pedalboard dance? usually an external pedal switcher like a voodoo px-8 would do it, but i don't think that would work with the x5 seeing as how it is one effect and not 5 discrete effects.

read more
    0 3
    • itsratso
      Tc Mike 1.1 firmware update build 52 adds mid cc control for the bypass function of each Fx slot, so you could use a midi controller and program it to send the midi cc commands of the respective Fx slots. the midi controller needs to be able to send multiple Midi controllers at once for this to work. (bypass CCs are mid cc 102 to 106 )
      • Wed at 4:07 AM
  • 2020-08-02

Has the possibility of a tone print fuzz been discussed for the plethora? As a fuzz lover, I'd love to have this ability.

1 11
  • 2020-07-27

Hello,

is it possible to power the Spark Boost (4 knobs) with 12VDC supply without damaging the unit?

I want to pair it with a preamp that is 12VDC powered and I would avoid to use two power supply.

Thanks,

Luigi

read more
    0 4
    • iacovitti
      William Reichling Hello, I don't recommend using anything Higher than DC 9 volt Negative tip. Anything higher could damage the pedal.
      • Jul 28
    • iacovitti
      Paul Scott Hey, your Spark Booster will work at 12V but as previously stated, we don't recommend using anything above 9V.
      • Jul 29
  • 2020-07-24

I am in a four piece band where the lead singer can't sing an play guitar at the same time, which means that he only plays guitar when he doesn't sing, e.g. during intros and when we play solos. Therefor I have been using harmonizers for a long time to emulate a second guitar player who is playing 3rd harmoncs when we do parts with guitar harmonies (like Thin Lizzy etc.) and other devices (incl Mimiq) to emulate doubling of rhythm guitars. 

To control all this has been using a slightly complicated MIDI controlled switching system and my rig has developed into somehting you would associate with David Gilmour... and I have been looking for a multi effect unit to simlify my rig consierably but without compromizing too much on the sound. Unfortunatly I couldn't find anything good enough until Plethora X5 was released.

There are tons of good advanced digital effects processors in the market, but what I think sets Plethora X5 apart is how well it can help you to emulate a second guitar player in the band, thanks to the quality of the Harmonizer and the Mimiq doubler, which is exactly what I need.

But most people who use stereo guitars need to switch between stereo and just the main amp (i.e. one amp) for smaller mono sounds. In our case, that would be when the other guitar player plays, but also in songs which sounds better with just one guitar, or where Mimiq doesn't sound right.

But unfortunatly there is no way of getting mono out of Plethoras ourputs when both outputs are connected, which makes everything really complicated for us who are using Plethora in stereo with two amps wide apart in the backline. This means that I can only use PX5 for stereo sounds and then I need to use my existing switch in my old mono effects (which I wanted to eliminate to reduce ths size of the rig) when playing in mono (i.e. with one amp).

A simple additional mono summing stomp box in Plethora X5 with a stereo/mono switch and output level would solve all stereo/mono switching problems and would fit more player who use stereo out to double amps. That would be a good enough sollution even though stereo/mono setting on each stompbox would be more convenient. 

Even players who don't emulate twin guitars sometimes need to switch from huges stereo sounds with modulation, reverb and delays to smaller mono sounds to create contrasts in a song. 

Is there anyone else here who uses Plenthora X5 in stereo or am I the only one...?

read more
    1 6
  • 2020-07-24

After reading a few posts, pleased to hear of the 1.2 firmware around the corner.  Not there's anythign wrong per se, but that software development is continuing.  I know the purpose of the Plethora was for time-based effects and not drive pedals, but the inclusion of the SpectraDrive would be Fantastic!

First, is there any way to internally route outputs and/or internally split the signal.  For example: send only the affected Sub'n'Up affected signal to a downstream effect/s.  Or a way to run the effects in parallel internally instead of serial?

Second, anyone know of a way to come close to the old Crystallizer plug in, which was itself an attempt to copy the Eventide.  I'm more of a "plug-n-play" effects player, and still learning my way around the more "unusual" ways to use effects.  Especially as many of these settings are only available via the app.

Third, possibly a user error:  If I edit and save parameters on my X5 using the app on my phone, why doesn't the app on my laptop see those saved settings?

read more
    0 3
  • 2020-07-20

I am running to amps and using the Flashback delay in stereo mode.  When engaged the volume jumps on the delay.  This only happens when the Flashback delay is in the FX Loop and doesn't happen when the put in front of the amps.  I am experiencing the same thing with the Helix Phaser and Viscious Vibe.  In the same fx loop I have the Vortex Flanger and Hall of Fame reverb which do not have the same problem.

read more
    0 4
    • karlbmoore
      Tc Mike do you have Kill dry activated on the pedals when using it in the FX loop of you amp ? ( dip switch under backplate- see manual) otherwise you might have the dry signal doubled which could l explain the level jump when engaging.
      • Jul 20
    • karlbmoore
      karlbmoore I tried that and it did not change the volume jump. The jump only happens with 3 out of my 5 TC Electronics pedals, only when they are in the FX loop of the amps and only with certain amp combinations.
      • Jul 21
    • karlbmoore
      Tc Mike Please create a support ticket then via the top of this page then and include as much info as possible including amp types you use, signal chain and info wether your amp's FX loop is serial or parallel... what toneprints you are using etc
      • Wed at 4:10 AM
  • 2020-07-20

I am running to amps and using the Flashback delay in stereo mode.  When engaged the volume jumps on the delay.  This only happens when the Flashback delay is in the FX Loop and doesn't happen when the put in front of the amps.  I am experiencing the same thing with the Helix Phaser and Viscious Vibe.  In the same fx loop I have the Vortex Flanger and Hall of Fame reverb which do not have the same problem.

read more
    0 1
  • 2020-07-19
    Hi. Enjoying the Plethora X5, but unsure on the best way to set up with a Diezel VH4-2 pedal which is going into the effects return (power amp) of my amp. The Diezel pedal has an output direct to amp input when the pedal is off. I’d like the Plethora delays/reverb etc to be after the Diezel so that it is affecting the distorted signal, but I’d also like to be able to use the tuner/modulation effects of the Diezel pedal is off. How would you best set up the Plethora with a distortion pedal in the effects loop (so going into effect loop return/power amp)?
    read more
    0 7
    • theimageofall
      Tc Mike Hi,

i haven't got the DIEZEL pedal to try it with, but from the inputs and outputs i'd try something like that:

Guitar > X5 INPUT

X5 SEND > DIEZEL INPUT

DIEZEL CLEAN OUT > AMP INPUT

DIEZEL DIRTY OUT > X5 RETURN

X5 OUT > AMP RETURN

The X5 effects before the diezel pedal can be used on both clean and distortion with this setup as they come before the VH4 input.

Another alternative would be to use a Y cable with all MONO jacks from both of the VH4-2’s outputs to the X5 return and setup in normal 4CM (4 cable method)

But you won’t get the clean preamp from the amp that way!

Basically the VH4 is putting your amp’s preamp into it’s own loop and then A/B ing it with the pedal’s own high gain preamp.

Try it and let us know how it works for you.

Best regards from the TC guitar team,

Mike

P.s. we have soon a 1.2 firmware update Beta available. Let me know if you'd like to test-driv it prior to release.
      • Jul 20
      • Plethora X5 and Preamp pedal in FX Loop
        theimageofall Hi Mike.

Great reply thanks. I’ll test it.

Happy to beta test firmware as well.

Cheers!
        • Jul 20
    • theimageofall
      Tc Mike since PM feature is not working yet and i cannot so your reg e-mail address, please write me a mail to [email protected] and i send you the beta firmware once available. if you'd like to use the TonePrint app on iOs or android please include your registered apple id/Google mail, so we can enlist you as a tester. Best regards from the Tc guitar team!
      • Jul 21