Statistics

223,708 members
97,929 posts
  • New
    Pkross
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-13

I had a problem with your customer service page. I am in Australia and I purchased a Bugera PS1 through Thomann because you have no local stock here.

I ran it for five minutes and it started smoking and spewing out a bad plastic burning smell. I'm just trying find out if this is expected or whether I am going to kill an expensive vintage amp.

I contacted Bugera/Music Tribe tech support and was told "Please be aware that you are located in an unsupported territory. This means that for further assistance you will need to directly contact the shop you purchased the unit from or your nearest reseller or distributor and they will be able to advise you further."

Not acceptable and I'm pretty sure it violates consumer law in most countries. I have plenty of Behringer gear... and I mean plenty... maybe never again after this.

Can I get some advice?

read more...
    0 21
    • Pkross
      Dale_M Hi there. One of the problems here is that you are based in Australia and you have purchased from Europe, if this has failed you need to go back to the seller (Thomann) as the warranty is with them and not any Australian reseller.
      • Mar 15