• New
    MrJohn
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-15

How do you select the new ( Loopers) on a new pedal board , with the updated 1.2 Plethora X5 ?

0 0
    • MrJohn
      TC-Mike just like the other pedals : switch to EDIT mode , select pedal slot and then select the looper from the list of FX pedals with the EFFECT encoder. Push ENCODER to load it to slot . You can load up to 5 loopers on your board .
      • Fri at 12:05 PM
  • New
    fraxyl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-13

I just want to use the return without the send. I have my phone plugged into the return to have a beat. This works great, but everything before the FX loop in my signal chain is muted (probably because the send is empty)

0 3
    • fraxyl
      PedroRodrigues Hi fraxyl Effectively you are correct, before the FX LOOP the signal is muted in your signal chain as you do not have a signal being send. Please consider that you would not have a return signal without having a signal being sent in the first place. Thank you
      • Wed at 12:19 AM
    • fraxyl
      fraxyl I understand that's how it operates, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to change this so that the signal travels both through the board and the loop in parallel? I currently have a signal coming in the return, as it's effectively just another input into the device and the send is just an output.
      • Wed at 1:13 AM
      • Plethora FX loop idea
        PedroRodrigues Hi fraxyl, unfortunately, this is hardwired and if no send is connected input signal is cut at insert point and there is no parallel routing option to have both the cut input of send routed around to next slot where it is then summed with the Return signal input.

A workaround that I can propose is that it could be to record a beat on a Looper that you has on one of the slots, depending on which FX you want to have on playback.
        Eg: load Looper to slot 4 , so you have reverb on playback if slot 5 hosts a HOF 2 while guitar signal has all FX + insert.

I hope this helps
        • Wed at 4:25 AM
  • New
    Daniele11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-11

Hi, I tried to beam a library sound to my delay FLashback 2 and it did not woek at all.

I am using an Iphone 5 and a Fender Stratocaster plus guitar (Lace sensor pick ups).

The App I am using is tone print of course.

May you help me pelase?

read more...
    0 1
    • Daniele11
      PedroRodrigues Hi Daniele, please be aware that the process to beam to pedal is the following:
      Launch the TonePrint app on your smartphone.
      Find the TonePrint you want to use. You can browse TonePrints by Artist or Product (i.e., pedal type). You will also find Featured TonePrints.
      Plug your guitar or bass into your TonePrint pedal.
      Turn your TonePrint pedal on.
      Hold the speaker of your smartphone next to the chosen pickup and touch “Beam to pedal”.
      Please confirm that you are using the latest version of the TonePrint App on your IPhone.
      I would suggest using a more recent IPhone running a more recent IOS to confirm that the pedal receives the Toneprint.
      • Mon at 12:17 AM
  • New
    ChristianMonhei
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

Hello, when i choose the option delay for a Hot Knob for the Delay effect, the knob works counterclock wise ( the bpm goes from 3000 Bpm fully left and 30 Bpm fully right) is this a normal behavior ? 

Cheers from Belgium

0 8
    • ChristianMonhei
      DavidKnighton Hello Christian,
      When you think about it, 3000BPM is a really short delay time, and 30BPM is really long. So the knob turns from left to right - short to long. By turning clockwise, you're "increasing" the delay time.
      • Jan 6
      • Plethora Hot Knobz
        ChristianMonhei Hello David, you are right, this make sense, but it is not very intuitive when you are in Bpm mode. Thank you
        • Jan 7
  • New
    davidmachac11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Hi recently I found out that my tc electronic t2 guitar pedal is not working. Do you know if the service is for free and to whom should I write to? thank you

0 4
    • davidmachac11
      WilliamR Hello David, Please contact us by submitting a Care Ticket. Click on the Support link at the top of this page. On the Support page, scroll down to the bottom and click on Technical Support to get started.
      • Jan 5
  • New
    Azarazu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Hello,
    I recently got a TC Electronic Plethora X5 and I'm loving it. I played with it for some time and now decided to tweak some of the settings on my computer... and I couldn't be more dissapointed.

First: the user manual for the Toneprint app doesn't even mention the plethora, the plethora itself comes with quick start guide and no detailed manual. Why?

Second: the toneprint app seems to be completely unprepared for interacting with plethora, I have the boards tab, that I can use for renaming and reordering the boards, which I will use for reordering the boards if I want it or not, because if you are past the first 10 or 15 boards every single click will reorder the board you clicked to a random spot in the first 10. It cannot do anything else, or I'm completely missing something. Can I delete, duplicate, create new board in the toneprint app? Most importantly: can I edit the board I have created? Can I at least edit the effect in realtime and tweak the settings to see what works? The toneprint app seems to completely not utilise the fact that the communication with the Plethora is two way. It works on the single fx pedals, so I really expected it here.

I'm frustrated and extremely dissapointed :(

Running plethora at build 1.2.18, Toneprint app at 4.4.03, and mac on catalina 10.15.7

View Video
    read more...
    1 17
    • Azarazu
      StaceyBaum I feel your pain Maciej. I also struggled with the reording of the boards on my Mac. When I used the app on my iPad I found it was less touchy. This forum is a great spot to voice your concerns, suggestions and questions. They do listen and want to help.
      • Jan 5
    • Azarazu
      WilliamR Hello Maciej, I highly recommend watching the plethora tutorial videos by Pedal Platform. They are very helpful.
      • Jan 5
      • Am I missing something, or the Toneprint app is the worst (with the Plethora X5)
        Azarazu Thanks, I will check it out
        • Jan 5
      • Am I missing something, or the Toneprint app is the worst (with the Plethora X5)
        Azarazu Now I understand. I'm still unhappy with board management in the app and limited communication from the plethora to the app, but at least I understood the basics of how to really program that thing.

TC - you should hire Philippe from Pedal Platform to do some official tutorials for you.
        • ·
        • Jan 5
    • Azarazu
  • New
    Shamusotoole
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Hi Fam.  

I bought a Flashback 2 with the aim of mono input, external tap, and stereo out.

I've been trying to play with the settings and can't seem to set it up this way.

The goal was for this stereo output to go into a hof2 stereo verb, but I'm not winning this one. 

Any tips, suggestions etc?  

Cheers all

read more...
    0 16
    • Shamusotoole
      TC-Marcus Howdy!
      According to the manual https://www.tcelectronic.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CKR "Documentation -> Manual" this is not possible, see the attached crop out.

You can, however, switch the behavior of the footswitch from being MASH to being tap tempo, thus sacrificing MASH functionality, of course. Check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCHVsmpxYJc. At around 3.00 the mono/stereo output stuff is explained too. Using the built in tap tempo, you can have tap tempo and stereo out.
      Read the video description for an explanation on how to do the FWupdate

You also need the latest TonePrint app which can be found here https://www.tcelectronic.com/tonePrints.html

Let me know how it turns out!
      • Jan 4
    • Shamusotoole
      Shamusotoole Thanks for that. I had read that but wasn’t sure if there may have been another firmware release that enabled this. I have multiple tap delays and need the external tap to sync them.

Anyone else found a work around?
      • Jan 4
      • TC Electronics Flashback 2 - external tap + Stereo out?
        TC-Marcus There is no workaround, as stated in the manual, other than using the built in tap tempo, sorry.
        • Jan 4
  • New
    dsmmrm
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-04

My new ditto plus mutes the signal when you press record. It still records though, as you can find out when you stop recording and play back starts. at that point there is no sound from the input jack going into the signal. Hitting record to do an overdub does not play any guitar signal to the output jack. if you stop the loop there is still no sound going from the input to the output jack. Deleting the loop immediately restores the guitar signal. I can hear what sounds like a faint relay clicking inside the unit when I switch from a loop location that has a loop to one that does not.

read more...
    0 17
    • dsmmrm
      dsmmrm PS. I have the latest firmware and reloaded it just to be sure.
      • Jan 4
    • dsmmrm
      PedroRodrigues Hi, I would suggest performing a factory reset followed by a firmware update to the latest version 1.0.14
      This version will Improved footswitch handling in x-tended overdub mode for better timing x-tended overdub recording starts on down-press.
      To perform a factory reset please press and hold previous + next + Foot switch for 13 seconds.

To update your unit please follow the steps below

1. Power off pedal
      2. Plug in USB between pedal and pc (or mac)
      3. Hold down the foot switch (and keep holding it)
      4. Power on pedal
      5. Display should show "boot mode" and the currently installed version number
      6. Run the firmware update
      It is, unfortunately, not uncommon for the firmware updater to show "update failed", even when successful.

You can, however, verify the install worked by going back to boot mode and then checking if the version number is as expected (Step 1 to 5 above).

Extend mode is one of the new features for Ditto+, it means that the initial recording will be extended such that you can for example have a ground rhythm that you want to record some leads over.
      To go to Extended mode please go to an empty track and hold down left and right (first "back level" will be displayed, keep holding, then "extend lp" will be displayed
      Press left for yes, right for no, to toggle extend mode on or off (default) respectively

To use backing tracks please simply connect to pedal via usb and you can drag and drop your files in and out of the pedal

Only wav files are supported, in these formats
      • PCM mono 16bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 16bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM mono 24bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 24Bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM mono 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • PCM stereo 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • Float mono 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      • Float stereo 32bit @ 44.1kHz
      I hope this helps
      • Jan 5
      • ditto plus mutes while recording and when a loop is present.
        dsmmrm reloaded firmware. confirmed 1.0.14. did the reset you described. no change.
        • ·
        • Jan 5
        PedroRodrigues Hi dsmmrm can you confirm that the file you are suing reflects the list of Wave files supported stated above?
        • Jan 6
    • dsmmrm
      dsmmrm I am not using an imported wav. I'm just trying to use the looper in a live setting. whatever it records is the format I'm using
      • Jan 6
        PedroRodrigues Can you please confirm that you are using t a 9 V / ≥100 mA PSU?
        • ·
        • Jan 7
        dsmmrm yes,l i am.
        • Jan 7
    • dsmmrm
      TC-Marcus Hey there!
      Sorry for the late reply!
      Ahh, that's a bummer. Sounds like a faulty unit to me! I would suggest returning it for a new one.
      Let me know how it turns out with the new one.
      • Mon at 12:54 AM
  • New
    begmas2000
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-04

Just got the pedal, learning how to use for now! But I think I miss something comparing apps (both win and android) with screenshots on the web. What app should I use to be able to see those dynamic response curves for compressor? Cannot find them in neither latest windows or android apps

read more...
    0 44
    • begmas2000
      TC-Mike The Graphs only show when you actually change related parameters like Threshold etc via app interface or when using the physical knobs on the pedal while connected to app
      • Jan 4
    • begmas2000
      begmas2000 This is what I see, The circle on knob range graph moves when I rotate knobs, but no dynamic response graphs shown on neither tab! How can I see the top two graphs from the first screenshot?
      • Jan 4
  • New
    MiroslavHemela
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-03

Hellou.. My Tc Nova System power supply is death. Little trafo is burned... Any suggestions for new or used in funcion, power supply? I am from Serbia, its hard to buy this item in my country. Thanks.

0 7
    • MiroslavHemela
      Nigel67 Hi Miroslav. Have you tried contacting our spares team? If you click on the Support tab at the top of the page and then click on the parts tab towards the bottom, you will be able to submit a ticket and request pricing and availability for a new power supply.
      • Jan 3
      • Tc Nova System Power Supply Death
        MiroslavHemela I did that just now. Thanks
        • ·
        • Jan 3
Go to page