Statistics

294,588 members
177,699 posts
  • New
    nadampski
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-08-11

Any teasers for what's to come in the next X5 uppdate? Come on, don't be shy.

0 8
    • nadampski
      PedroRodrigues Hi nadampski, thank you for your post, unfortunately at this stage we cannot provide any updates, nevertheless, I would suggest to keep checking our social media platforms for any updates on this matter please . Thank you
      • Aug 12
  • New
    ShaunCam
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-03

Hi.

I hope you can help me. When using the Flashback 2 on the Plethora x5, the tap tempo works for all the settings except for 2290 4+8. and the 2290 8. time signatures. When tap tempo is assigned, there is ne delay at all, only the dry signal.

When the tap tempo is not engages, these work fine, though. I've downloaded the version 1.3.11 again and re-ran the firmware update, but no change.

read more...
    0 16
    • ShaunCam
      PedroRodrigues Hi ShaunCam, thank you for your post, can you please follow the link below to submit a case directly to our Tech Support Team so we can check the issue you have reported in more detail. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic Thank you
      • Aug 3
    • ShaunCam
      ShaunCam

Hi Pedro. I worked it out. I reverted back to the original firmware and then installed each firmware update in order. Probably unnecessary but it worked out. Thanks.

• Aug 5
    • ShaunCam
      ShaunCam

Pedro, just a quick question. Would I be able to control the 2nd FSW function with the same MIDI CC value as the Pedal switch values eg. CC 102 for pedal 1 and pedal 1 2nd function, especially for tap tempo on the Delay and Tremolo.

• Aug 5
      • Plethora X5 Tap Tempo not working
        PedroRodrigues Hi ShaunCam, thank you for your question, please ponder that for TP pedals with TAP TEMPO mode (Pipeline + Flashback 2) you can choose 2ndary foot switch function, as MASH or Tap tempo . I hope this helps Thank you
        • Aug 6
  • New
    thegil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-02

I used my old SCF yesterday, but today it suddenly has no effect and is only passing the dry signal. The LED still moves to the rate of the Speed knob, and the Input Gain still works. The Intensity still works, too, e.g., when turned fully CW in P.M. mode, it even reduces the dry signal to almost nothing, as it should.

So the pedal isn't dead. But no chorus, pitch modulation, or flanger effects are being produced. Please help. 

read more...
    0 3
    • thegil
      NicJonesMT Hi Thegil.
      Your best option would be to send this to one of our Approved service partners for inspection.
      You can find a full list at the following link:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html?type=POS

Due to the Age of the original SCF, the service partners may not have access to parts or be able to repair this. Again if you contact them directly they will be able to advise you further.
      • Aug 2
  • New
    aeggers
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-26

My new ditto plus looper was working as expected, but suddenly it stopped playing input. It records input, and will play back what it records, but I can't hear what I'm playing (except direct from the instrument) until it has been recorded and is being played back. I saw somewhere that this happens and can be fixed by a hard reset. 

The fault seems to have coincided with the battery pack running out -- the problem appeared when I got it restarted after hooking up a different power supply. 

read more...
    0 9
    • aeggers
      WilliamR Hello, please click on the Support link above and create a tech support ticket. Someone will get in touch with you ASAP.
      • Jul 26
    • aeggers
      PedroRodrigues Hi aeggers, thank you for your post, in this case I would first suggest the factory reset, for that you must
      press and hold previous + next + Foot switch for 13 seconds. If this does not work please follow the guidance that WilliamR provided above. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Jul 27
  • New
    imwilson2u
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-26

Just received my first ever DITOO LOOPER and I'm a ton excited.  Already looping and storing backing tracks.

My question is;

1) How many backing tracks can I store on the X2 

2) If more than one, how do I recall the one I want to use for a specific song? 

3) Can I delete an recorded overdub loop from a stored backing track in case of mistakes or if I choose to make and use another overdub over the original backing track? 

read more...
    0 1
    • imwilson2u
      WilliamR The ditto x2 can store one backing track at a time via the store switch. You can delete or undo all overdubs down to the original stored backing track to start over. You will not lose or delete the backing track until you hold the store delete switch on the top left.
      • Jul 26
  • New
    VaughanTemples
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-07-25

Hi guys,

I ideally would like to turn on the buffer in the Sub N Up Mini as I'm getting a big pop sound when turning the pedal on/off using the Diago power supply that I'm using.

The manual suggests you can open up the pedal and flick a dup switch, but there doesn't seem to be any dip switches in sight when taking off the back plate as per the manuals directions. Are there any dip switches? or do I need to take the pedal apart (remove the top circuit board) to reach them?

Thanks,

Adam

read more...
    0 12
    • VaughanTemples
      NicJonesMT Hi VaughanTemples.
      The MINI toneprint pedals do not have the Buffer and Killdry dip switches. If you connect the pedal via USB to the Toneprint editor app, access one of the Sub n Up Templates, you should see a Product settings tab. You should be able to adjust the buffer settings in this menu.

If you are experiencing any issues then please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Jul 26
  • New
    PJMJ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-23

Does anyone know if the Flashback 2 mini can be set to do trails?

Thanks!

0 8
    • PJMJ
      PedroRodrigues Hi PJMJ, please ponder that if you meant by Trails the fact that the effect continues to fade out after you turn it off, as opposed to just abruptly stopping, please consider that the Flashback 2 Mini is true bypass therefore it will not allow trails. Thank you
      • Jul 24
  • New
    davidswezey41
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-22

Does anyone have an issue with the cab sim on the plethora x5? When I don't have any sims on, a high-pitched hum occurs. It only goes away when I have one engaged. 

My signal chain is: 

guitar -> plethora input (mono) -> plethora fx send -> boss st-2 -> ernie ball vp jr -> plethora fx return -> plethora output (mono) -> peavey vk112

read more...
    0 5
  • New
    lwiguitars
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-18

Hi, I have just purchased a Quintessence pedal, and I have questions regarding how harmonized notes are chosen when playing notes not in the chosen scale.

Lets pick the A Aeolian scale for simplicity, only looking at 3rds intervals. In bold are the out-of-scale notes

A : C

A# : C# - strange choice, D would have been better, the harmonized note is not in the scale

B : D

C : E

C# : F - again a strange choice, sticking to E  would be more useful

D : F

D# : G - this is perfectly fine

E : G

F : A

F# : A# - A would have been better, A# is not in the scale

G : B

G# : C - my biggest problem!  Even in pure A aeolian mode, chord progressions often end on a major/dominant 7th E chord, where the flat 7th (G) of the scaled is raised to G#. In that context, a bit of harmonic/melodic minor is quite appropriate.  The harmony on a G# should absolutely have been B.

If I refer to the manual it says this about the 'natural 7th of flat 7th modes':

NOTE: All of the scales with flattened 7th scale degrees (Dorian, Phrygian,
    Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian) have been programmed so that the natural 7th
    degree is also available when the music calls for a half-step resolution up from
    the 7th degree to the root note of the scale. This type of resolution is common
    in modern “mixed-mode” music, so the natural 7th is handy to have in case you
    need it

I feel that this is not true at all.  The natural 7th when playing in aeolian does not harmonize to the musically-expected note.

I gripe about this because I often like to alternate between aeolian and harmonic-minor, and none of the scales seem permit this.

If I choose Harmonic Minor as a custom scale in a toneprint, the problem persists in a different way.   The natural 7th (G#) indeed harmonizes to B as expected, but playing a flat 7th (G) produces a minor third going to A# instead of a more useful B.

Is there a trick I'm missing?  perhaps a non-obvious root/scale pairing that would make the pedal work more as musically expected?

thanks for any input you may have.

read more...
    0 6
    • lwiguitars
      lwiguitars

Allright so I fiddled with it some more and found that if I choose -6 instead of +3, the harmonies behave much better! in A aeolian, a G# will go to B, which gives it the harmonic-minor flavour I was looking for! And a C# will go to E which is also good. All I had to do to was to shift that -6 one octave higher using the tonebend setting (+1 oct at 100%).

• Jul 18
    • lwiguitars
      PedroRodrigues Hi lwiguitars, thank you for your post, for more information on this matter I would suggest to follow the link below to submit an information request directly to our Tech Support Team: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic Thank you
      • Jul 21
  • New
    Mel2402
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-16

1. No audio at all unless I do a factory reset , and then it’s fades away the moment I change boards. Tuner works fine meaning there is signal. 

2. Sometimes after factory resets, there might be a signal coming through , but it’s softer but with very dominating white noise

3. When changing boards, some work and some don’t. Frustrating.

read more...
    0 9
    • Mel2402
      NicJonesMT Hi Mel2402. Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • Jul 17
Go to page