Statistics

229,104 members
104,079 posts
  • New
    GainBear
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-21

Is there a way to access the Hiss algorithm in the X5?

I'm not a high gain player and don't need a traditional gate, but I have a Sentry on my board for really bad venues. It has been a life saver a few times.

1 26
    • GainBear
      Dale_M Hi tehre I do not have a, X5 at hand but there should be a choice between GATE, TONEPRINT and HISS in TonePrint ?
      • Apr 21
      • Plethora X5 - Sentry Noisegate Hiss Algorithm
        GainBear My apologies, but I’ve tried to respond a few times and it doesn’t seem to save? Dale, no actually the available TonePrints for the X5 are those available in the TonePrint editor app. The HISS algorithm on the Sentry pedal is engaged via switch not a TonePrint, so I’m guessing that is the miss?
        • May 7
  • New
    Mas89
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-20

Why does the possibility to extend the loop work only for the first overdub? It is highly impractical because my workflow (pretty basic) would be: 

1. scratching some rhythm (1 bar)

2. Overdub bass line (1 bar)

3. Overdub chords (1 bar)

4. Overdub melody (4 bars)

No way I can do it, the loop is now blocked to the length of 2. no matter if it was really an extension of the first or not. For me it's kind of silly that the extend mode works like this.

read more...
    0 24
    • Mas89
      Dale_M I have passed your remarks on to the design team. Speaking to them, this would stretch the limitations of this model but the feedback is appreciated.

As a workaround you can always change the track name of a particular great loop recording at any state (combinations of /xtended loop and overdub(s) and that way have it converted as a backing track that cannot be cleared by press and hold FS + you gain a new round of xtend loop based on the previous ("bounced down) loop recording(s) to refine your epic 128 bar intro.

This way you can always have a backup available of each step by converting loop to BT and then copy converted Backing track recording to another empty track folder and a slightly changed name of file to get additional templates to build on or backup the steps ..
      • Apr 20
  • New
    jaslan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-20

I would like to delete some of the Toneprints on the Plethora X5 (from the pedal itself).

I can't seem to find a way.  I tried on the pedal.  I tried in the Toneprint app.  I tried plugging the USB into my Windows machine to see if I could edit loaded Toneprints from there.  I just want to remove the Toneprints that I will never use to make the ones I do use quicker and easier to find in the list.

Thanks for any help!

JL

read more...
    1 24
    • jaslan
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaslan please be aware that If you wish to return to template defaults on TonePrint App, you can simply click the Reload button next to the Template menu to reset the currently selected template to its default values. This will reset all knob assignments, modifier curves and parameter values to the defaults stored in this template.
      When it comes to PLETHORA X5, please consider that each pedal “effect” in Plethora comes pre-loaded from the factory with all of the default TONEPRINT that the standalone stomp-boxes have.

These “default TONERPINTS” will be displayed above the line on the TonePrint list when in edit mode and cannot be edited or removed from plethora. Below the line there is an editable list of TONEPRINTS which you can curate yourself with help from the TonePrint app.

You can press and hold TonePrint knob on a highlighter TonePrint to delete from the list...

There is currently no way to backup, share or import/export entire boards as presets, however you can restore all factory boards by going into Edit mode and navigating to

SETTINGS > GLOBAL > SERVICE > FACTORY RESET

Please be aware that performing a factory reset will completely reset all boards and delete any custom boards you have created yourself.
      • Apr 20
      • Can you delete a Toneprint from the Plethora X5 pedal?
        jaslan Thanks for the reply. That worked for me. I was trying to delete the factory Toneprints "above the line", which is why I couldn't get it to work. It is very manageable with factory Toneprints and a few that I will actually use. Somehow, I ended up with at least 20 extra Toneprints for each pedal stored in there. Clearing them out helped. Though, I WOULD submit a request to make it possible to remove factory Toneprints as well.
        • ·
        • Apr 20
  • New
    robinpridian1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-19

Hi,

Loving the board and happy that you can turn effects on and off with MIDI.

Obviously there is a lot of scope for expanding the MIDI functionality and I'm sure people are excited/hoping for different things.

The ONE thing I would be very grateful to be added is the ability to activate/deactivate the tuner via a CC message.

read more...
    0 21
  • New
    Jakubzet87
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-17

Hi TC,

We use looper in our band in few songs and it´s long-term problem to synchronize with drummer. Only one looper avalaible solving this problem is Digitech Jamman, which has rythm output so you can send metronom click to drumer´s headpones, BUT this product has many defect. For example you cannot change tempo manually, only by tap tempo function and others flaws.

Would be great to invent looper with rythm isolated output function, coz it´s really missing on market and I believe many musicians would love it.

Thanks for answer and I hope it´ll be avalaible one day.

Yours truly, Jakub

read more...
    0 28
    • Jakubzet87
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here, I will pass this suggestion to our developers for consideration.
      • Apr 18
    • Jakubzet87
      Jakubzet87

Thank you William. Appreciate it. Jakub

• Apr 19
  • New
    acbrander93
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-16

Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to create a loop of a guitar part with a delay on it on the Flashback 2 X4. I can only seem to use it as a delay OR a looper, but not both, if that makes sense.

0 31
  • New
    jaslan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-04-15

Hi,

I have several TonePrint pedals and, now, the Plethora X5.  So, I am somewhat familiar with loading TonePrints and using the editor with the individual pedals (i.e. Flashback, HOF, Corona, etc.)  BUT, with the Plethora, I am confused about loading an artists' TonePrints and hearing exactly what they intended when they created it.  

For example...  Let's say an artist created a Quintessence Toneprint for 5th and 7ths in C Ionion and saves it.  When I load that TonePrint, I have to go to "edit" and load that Toneprint.  Now, the Plethora sets the parameters according to my knobs on my Plethora.  So, I probably end up with a different key.  

The one that really has me baffled is the Pitch Shifter.  Most of the TonePrints sound the "same" because they are all based on my current knob settings when I load them.  I can't really hear what the artist had in mind when they saved it unless the TonePrint description tells me where to put the knobs.

I guess I might me thinking of using a "Preset" type of concept whereas the TonePrint concept is more like each TonePrint is a new pedal.  For Example, "Here is a new pedal.  Play with the knobs and see what this one does".  Whereas the "Preset" concept is more like, "Here, I have adjusted the knobs to an exact preset for an exact sound.  You can still adjust the knobs from there but this PRESET is a starting point."

So, long story short...  Is there a way to load a TonePrint into the Plethora and have it ignore my knobs settings initially (until I move them)?  I seem to remember with the individual pedals, when you beam a toneprint into the pedal, it ignores the knobs initially until you move them but maybe I have that wrong?

Suppose I am using a delay and have several different TonePrints for different songs.  Between songs, I want to quickly load the delay TonePrint for the next song.  I don't want to have to load it, then adjust the knobs to the correct settings.  How do I get around this?

Thanks for any help!

read more...
    0 24
    • jaslan
      PedroRodrigues Hi Jaslan to be possible to assist you on this matter with more tools please follow the link below and submit an assistance request . https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic Thank you
      • Apr 16
      • Confused about loading TonePrints in Plethora X5
        jaslan Thanks for the reply Pedro. I submitted a ticket, though it seems more for actual "problems" (i.e. error or malfunction) with the unit but I think my case is just a question of usage. I have experimented more with the Plethora and learned the the "PRESET" concept can be used at the "Board" level. Line up the effects and adjust each one to EXACT desiring. Now, when you load that Board, everything is how you left it without needing to adjust any knobs. But it seems like a Toneprint could be used like a Preset but maybe I just don't understand how. If I save a Toneprint and Store it on the Plethora, can I then load it and have it load exactly as saved WITHOUT matching the parameters to the current knob settings on the Plethora?
        • ·
        • Apr 16
  • New
    nterelle
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Just bought a Flashback 2 mini and cannot get the various subdivisions in the drop-down menu to work when starting from a 2290-based template. The subdivisions work perfectly when starting from a tape/analog template, however. I have disabled the mash functionality and am able to successfully have working tap divisions with an analog-based patch, but I'd like to have my FB2 mini patch not "pitch bend" when I'm tapping in a new delay time. Seems like a bug in the software. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 21
    • nterelle
      nterelle Also, I have tried using the editor on a Mac as well as on a PC running Windows 10 and have the same issue on both operating systems. I will test using the editor on an Android device as soon as I can get my hands on an OTG USB adapter.
      • Apr 13
    • nterelle
      NicJonesMT Hi Ntrelle. Could you please submit a tech support ticket and from there we can trouble shoot this and report to the development team if required.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Schieko
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

Hi,

I'm using the flashback 2 delay padel. With the time print editor I wanted to create my own sound and more important the right delay tempo for three different songs. 
    Everything looks good until I want to save the created sound. The delay time is always going back to the original tempo. 
    any ideas how I can also save the tempo?

read more...
    0 21
    • Schieko
      NicJonesMT Hi Schieko. Make sure you dont have this mapped to one of the encoders on the FB. If you have it will always revert to the position of the Pot.
      If you are still having issues then please submit a tech support ticket above and we can try and advise you further.
      • Apr 14
  • New
    Dgiese23
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-13

I bought an x4 used on reverb but in near mint condition. Original power supply box stickers everything. When i plug it in all the lights are orange which i hear means there is an issue with the memory card or maybe some other software malfunction. What can be done to fix this?

read more...
    0 29
Go to page