Statistics

227,911 members
102,707 posts
  • New
    Deacy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-01

Hi TC Team,

I need some clarification about the relationship between "delay time" and "depth" parameters in the toneprint editor (in modulation section). How the % of depth is translated to milliseconds in the delay time sweep?

As an example; if I want my Corona Chorus to modulate the wet signal with a delay time ranging between 1.28ms and 4.10ms, what exact parameters do I have to put in the editor for "delay time ms" and "depth %" to achieve that?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

read more...
    0 24
    • Deacy
      DavidKnighton Hello Deacy,
      The modulation depth is the percentage of swing from the center position of the parameter. The lower the value, the more narrow the modulation will be. A higher value will have a wider range of modulation. If you wanted the delay time to swing between two values, I would set the center position in the middle of those two values and slowly increase the depth percentage until it is close enough. The middle value between 1.28 and 4.10 would be 2.69, so set your delay time at 2.69ms and increase mod depth until you get it where you want. I don't know if anyone can give you an exact value on percentage, but that will get you close to the desired result.
      • Apr 1
  • New
    DickStraathof
    Contributor - Level 3
    2021-04-01

Hello, I received my new Plethora X5 last week. I use it with keyboards. I have the phenomenon that although I have not switched on any of the five effects, the moment I play and release a key an iritating tone like a sort of tale of a reverb effect is heard. This tone can last for a couple of seconds. I have tried several settings of bypass, I don't use a cabinet simulation and there are no external fx loops used. 
    The unit is updated to SW 1.2. 

What can I do to solve this problem?

read more...
    0 26
    • DickStraathof
      DavidKnighton Hello DickStraathof,
      If using with keyboards, it's possible the level output of the keyboard is too high, and is bleeding the input of the Plethora. I had a not too similar issue recently plugging a synth into a delay pedal, and at full volume, it caused a massive distortion effect. I had to cut my output volume on the synth by about 50% to get a clean signal. With some audio devices, even if the device is muted, a strong enough signal can saturate the input circuitry and cause all manner of odd behavior. I suggest starting by turning down the output of your keyboard.
      • Apr 1
  • New
    DHSG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-31

Where can I report bugs?

When the Plethora is in edit mode and one is changing a hot knob value via MIDI, not the assigned hot knob value is changed, but the value of the current edited effect, like if you where dialing the knob on the plethora. This is not, what the midi command said to do. The MIDI hot knob changes values that should not be change and because they are automatically saved, one can not even undo it. Please correct this.

read more...
    0 25
    • DHSG
      Dale_M Hi there the Design team have confirmed this is expected behaviour, hotknob is just a temporary offset for the assigned parameters
      • Mar 31
  • New
    DHSG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-30

I programmed my looper to change board in the Plethora. There are 5 presets in the looper and 5 boards in the Plethora for them. Preset 1 selects board 1 with MIDI PC 000, Preset 2 board 2 with PC 001 and so on. With this setup there are three problems:

1) Board switching takes 1s which is a bit slow for some songs.

2) Even when the same noisegate with the same settings is in both boards, it goes off when switching. This is very annoying and can cause some nasty feedback.

3) When switching via MIDI, effect 2 gets switched on in the Plethora. This is not the case when toggling through the board via the small knob on the Plethora. Only the one MIDI PC stated above is send by the looper. 

Are these known bugs? If yes, when will they get fixed?
    Or are there any ideas how I can solve these issues?

read more...
    0 27
    • DHSG
      WilliamR Hello, William from musictribe here. CC changes turning pedals on and off within a selected board would be faster than the board changes via pc commands. The plethora was designed to be used in more of a selectable stompbox pedalboard setup, so the delay in switching the boards is normal behavior for the plethora.
      • Mar 30
      • Problems with Plethora X5 MIDI switching
        DHSG Dear William.
        Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

I already assumed, that working this way was not the idea of Plethora. It's pitty, because now I will be using the same single board and the same 5 effects for all my presets and 126 boards will be unused - perhaps I can use a second one for experiments.

Can I change the effect settings via MIDI?
        I would like to control the three settings or the toneprint like in edit mode. As far as I understand right now, I could only change the hot knobs, meaning just 3 parameters for the whole board!
        • Mar 30
  • New
    rasmus
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-25

Hi there,

I have a Ditto Looper Plus pedeal - I like it, except Its very hard to hit the 'double tap' to stop the loop in the precise right time. Many times you don't hit it fast enough twice or sometimes the other way around. In other words I need to stop the loop with just one tap not two taps - It does'nt work for me. Yes, I know you can buy a tc electronic looper with a dedicated stop switch - but it does not have the storage function for several recorded loops/backtracks. Ditto looper plus has that and it is still the most simpel pedal to use. 

My question is: Does anyone know if its possible to connect an external stop switch to the ditto looper plus or to reprogramme the doubletab stop function to a single tap function?

read more...
    0 23
    • rasmus
      WilliamR Hello Rasmus, The ditto + looper does not support external switches. Double-tap is the only way to have a stop function on a single button because of the overdub feature.
      • Mar 25
  • New
    Fidotito
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-23

Hi, I´m from Brazil

Why doesn't my mini spark booster the drive? Only clean sound.

Thank´s

0 39
    • Fidotito
      NicJonesMT HI Fidotito, Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      We can then go through some trouble shooting steps with you and try and get this sorted.
      • Mar 23
    • Fidotito
      WilliamR Hello Fidotito, William from musictribe here. Spark mini booster will increase your volume up to 20 db on a clean channel, which will result in a higher volume. However, on a distorted channel, your overall volume will not increase because of the compression from your distortion, your distortion will increase instead.
      • Mar 25
  • New
    DHSG
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

I want to control my Plethora X5 via MID:

• Change boards
    • Turn effects on/ off
    • Set effect values

What are the MIDI commands I have to use for this?

Where can I find a documentation?

1 38
    • DHSG
      WilliamR Hello DHSG, All of the current CC tables are listed within the PlethoraX5 under the Midi section under Global.
      • Mar 23
    • DHSG
      WilliamR MIDI PC:0→Board: 1 ~ MIDI PC:126→Board: 127

Board  CC 94  Scroll  Down 64-127 ↓

Board CC95 

Scroll Up 64-127 ↑

Pedal 1 ON/OFF  CC102

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 2 ON/OFF CC103

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 3 CC104

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 4 CC 105 

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Pedal 5 CC 106

0-63 → OFF

64-127→ ON

Hot knob 1 CC 107

0-127 0-100%

Hot Knob 2 CC108

0-127 0-100%

Hot Knob 3 CC 109

0-127 0-100%

LOOPER RECORD CC110

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER PLAY CC 111

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER CLEAR CC 112

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5

LOOPER PAUSE CC 113

0-24 → Pedal 1

25-50 → Pedal 2

51-76 → Pedal 3

77-102 → Pedal 4

103-127 → Pedal 5
      • Mar 23
      • MIDI Commands to control Plethora X5
        DHSG Thank you. That's what I was looking for.
        • Mar 28
    • DHSG
      LosKartoflos A manual would be a thing and Snaphsots/scenes!
      • Apr 12
  • New
    dbdanon1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-18

Is there any upgrades for  ehringer V-AMP 2?

0 25
  • New
    maradrasnar
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltDbR2LOUm0

Hi, please watch the video. Do you know what the problem might be? Wiretap connects to the mobile phone via bluetooth. But the application dosnt work with the pedal and the connection is broken. I also tried with another phone and the same. Thanks.

Marek

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    nomadbayerP
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-15

hi,

how to increase the general output level?

Peter

0 20
    • nomadbayerP
      NicJonesMT Hi Peter.
      Could you please submit a Tech Support ticket (Click "SUPPORT" At the top) and we can go through some trouble shooting with you.
      Please ensure you let us know exactly how your full system is setup (Other pedals, Amps, Front of amp or Loop ETC).
      • Mar 16
Go to page