Statistics

196,780 members
67,417 posts
  • New
    2020-11-22

Hi - I recently (2 months ago) purchased a Polytune Clip (Black). Works great in chromatic tuning but seems to be absolutely no response for polyphonic tuning. When I strum the guitar the screen is blank apart from a green dot top centre. My understanding was that the polyphonic tuning kicks in as soon as you strum - user error or something wrong with the unit?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 10
    • Andy Parkinson
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Andy, please see the image below I think it will help you on this matter. Thank you
      • Mon at 12:32 AM
    • Andy Parkinson
      Andy Parkinson Hi Pedro - thanks for the speedy response. Press and holding button 3) for 5 secs doesn't seem to help - all it does is toggle between the needle and strobe modes (which is does if I were to press the button once). I've been in touch with the retailer (Andertons) and this looks like it is a faulty unit (unless you have any other suggestions?). Thanks, Andy
      • Mon at 3:15 AM
      • Polytune Clip Black
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi Andy, if the unit does not respond to the process above, you should proceed that route with Andertons . Thank you
        • Mon at 3:30 AM
  • New
    2020-11-09
    • Hi. According to the user manual, the TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Black tuner should be turned off after 3 minutes of being INACTIVE; however the one I bought through Amazon turns off every 3 minutes EVEN when I'm using it so I have to turn it back on which causes inconvenience and delay. I made the query to TC Eectronic Technical Support a few days ago, and they replied that this operation was not normal, that I should try other batteries and that if it continues like this it may be a hardware problem. It happens that on the internet I found 2 videos where you can see the tuner turning off after 3 minutes of use (not being inactive), which leaves me wondering.Could someone confirm if it turned off after 3 minutes of using the tuner -that is, which is not inactive but in use-, is it normal or not? Thank you. Sergio Ramos
    read more...
    0 7
    • Sergio Llanos
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Sergio, please be aware that the unit turns off automatically after 3 minutes so what you are describing is a normal behavior, I will leave you a image of the manual were that is stated. Thank you
      • Nov 9
    • Sergio Llanos
      Pedro Rodrigues
      • Nov 9
  • New
    2020-11-09

Hola. Según el manual del usuario, el sintonizador TC Electronic PolyTune Clip debe apagarse después de 3 minutos de estar INACTIVO; sin embargo, el que compré a través de Amazon se apaga cada 3 minutos, INCLUSO cuando lo estoy usando, por lo que tengo que volver a encenderlo, lo que causa molestias y demoras. Realicé la consulta a Soporte Técnico de TC Eectronic hace unos días, y me contestaron que ese funcionamiento no era normal, que probara con otras baterías y que si seguía así tal vez sea un problema de hardware. Sucede que en internet encontré 2 videos en donde se aprecia al afinador apagarse a los 3 minutos de uso (no estando inactivo), lo que me deja la duda ¿Podría alguien confirmar si ese apagado a los 3 minutos de usar el afinador -es decir que no está inactivo sino en uso-, es o no normal?. Gracias. Sergio Ramos

read more...
    0 7
    • Sergio Llanos
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Sergio, please be aware that the unit turns off automatically after 3 minutes so what you are describing is a normal behavior, I will leave you a image of the manual were that is stated. Thank you
      • Nov 9
      • Apagado de Afinador TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Black
        Sergio Llanos Thank you Pedro. I see that it is a bad translation from English to Spanish in the product manual itself, because in Spanish it says "El PolyTune Clip se apaga automáticamente tras 3 minutos de inactividad" Which translated into English means" The PolyTune Clip automatically turns off after
        3 minutes of inactivity."
        • Nov 9
        Sergio Llanos I hope TC Electronic can correct that translation error. Again, thank you very much Pedro.
        • ·
        • Nov 9
        Sergio Llanos Hello Pedro. I can see that the same translation error occurs in the part of the Manual referring to Battery Life, as it indicates that the PolyTune Clip turns off automatically after 3 minutes of inactivity. They must also correct that bad translation. On the other hand, maybe in the next version of the tuner they can configure it to turn off after 3 minutes of inactivity and after 4 or 5 minutes if you are using it or, in any case, that it does not turn off. It could also be configured so that you can choose by pressing the buttons whether or not the automatic shutdown is activated. Greetings. Sergio
        • ·
        • Nov 9
    • Sergio Llanos
      Pedro Rodrigues
      • Nov 9
  • New
    2020-10-29

When I power my polytune clip on I get two arrows moving away from each other. No other function. Is there a reset to this???

0 8
    • Robert Czarnowski
      Joe Rivers Hi Robert, unfortunately it sounds like there as an issue with your unit here. Please fill out a service request using the SUPPORT option at the top of this page.
      • Oct 30
  • 2020-10-21

Hi everyone,

I would like to replace the hard touch switch of my old TC Polytune V1 for a soft touch switch.

Does anyone know the specifications of the soft touch switch and where I can buy it?

Thank's

0 6
  • 2020-10-16

I own a polytune clip (original silver color).  After more than 3 years, I am catching on that there is a problem with this unit.  I have an Acoustic (Taylor) guitar.

1.  First of all, it is impossible to tune all strings together on a guitar.

2. Tuning the A string, one often see's "F" when it is in tune.

I like the tuner, use it in preference to any other for it's accuracy, but the functionality is somehow lacking.  It certainly is not all it's cracked up to be in the manual, etc.  

I thought I would buy another to find out whether this is a real problem, or something of my own usage.   I now see a "Polytune Clip Black" on the market.  Didn't see them before.  Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to find one online---most sites say it is back ordered.  Amazon has them, but at an elevated price, indicating it may be gouging in response to a supply issue. 

Any ideas about these issues?  

read more...
    0 11
    • Alan Davis
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Alan, thank you for your contact, can you please state if the issue that you mention on your Polytune Clip happens since you acquire the tuner or the issue is being happening more recently? Regarding your second question, please adress the information request to the respective reseller, as we do not have access to any stock information for any third party company such as resellers or distributors. As a manufacturer we do not sell directly to end users and and we have no information of any issues with distributors for any unit. Thank you
      • Oct 16
  • 2020-10-11

Not sure about anyone else in the US, but I'm having a really hard time finding this PolyTune clip in stock anywhere.  Even some of the local stores here can't seem to get any.  And, all the online venders including Amazon, don't have any.  TC Electronic, can you provide some insight into when we might see these available again?

read more...
    0 12
    • Stuart Levine
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Stuart, please be aware that any questions regarding stock management from partners and resellers have to be directed to the respective companies as we do not have access to information form third party companies. On what we can comment we can state that have no issues on the supply chain for any unit . Thank you
      • Oct 12
      • Availability of TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Clip-on Polyphonic Tuner?
        Stuart Levine Hello Pedro, I was not asking about partners/resellers, I did direct my question directly to tc electronic who is purported to supply this product to the aforementioned enties. You talk about supply chain, and that's what I'm asking about. Clearly, there is an issue supplying product to partners and resellers since the product, a tc electronic polytune clip-on Polyphonic tuner, is NO WHERE to be found at ANY reseller or partner in the US. This imho, is a supply chain issue.
        • Oct 12
    • Stuart Levine
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Stuart as I mention on the message above we do not sell product directly to end users and reseller nor do we commercialize any product direct in to the USA or in to any country, for that purpose we have the distributors in each respective country that manage the respective distribution, therefor as I also mention above you should direct your question to the distributor in the USA to request that information. Thank you
      • Oct 13
  • 2020-10-10

My tuner comes on but turns itself back off before it fully comes on. I've changed out batteries but problem persists. Is there a fix for this?

0 14
  • 2020-10-09

I posted here a month or so ago about the polytune I purchased (which was actually a mispackaged/mislabelled unitune). Since then I've been trying to acquire one in Europe/UK. There is literally no stock with any retailer; until recently it was only available from scalpers/resellers on ebay (at 4-5 times the price).

Can we get some information on whether they are still being made, and if so when it is anticipated that they might actually be available for purchase.

Love TC products and hope for a positive response.

read more...
    0 15
    • David Booth
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi David Please be aware that the Polytune Clip is still available and I would advise you to contact our partners and reseller present on the link below to request information of when this unit will be available. Thank you https://www.tcelectronic.com/buy.html
      • Oct 13
    • David Booth
      David Booth I appreciate the response Pedro, but this simply isn't the case in the EU or UK. Every supplier i've looked at has it on back order for at least 3-6 months now. Many are reporting that it won't be available for another 1-3 months. Would suggest you look into this, as other TC products are available, just not the polytune clip. Can get it on ebay for twice the price though (from scalpers/resellers).
      • Oct 13
  • 2020-09-15

Hi - do we know when Polytune Clip will be available again in the UK - I know there were some supplier probelms back in July?

I need a new tuner and would rather wait to get what appears to be the best than settle for a lesser device if they will be available soon :-)

Will there be both black and white models avaialble when they are back on sale?

Many thanks!

read more...
    1 12
Go to page