Statistics

215,309 members
88,416 posts
  • New
    Loner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-16

I just obtained a PolyTune Clip Black, and need a quick sanity check: The instructions say that it turns off automatically after 5 minutes, but I assumed that this meant it would turn off after 5 minutes of disuse. Mine turns off after 5 minutes, even if I'm actively using it. Is this normal?

read more...
    0 3
    • Loner
      WilliamR Hello Loner, This function would be normal. It does turn off after five minutes regardless if you are playing or not.
      • Feb 16
  • New
    BigTBZ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

i have 2 of the tc electronic clip on tuners, which work great.

the screws and fasteners have fallen out of both of them while playing gigs and I was unable to find them. How can I obtain replace fasteners for these?

0 8
    • BigTBZ
      john0121 Hi, you can fill out a spare parts request via the Support button at the top of the page. A member of the team will then be able to advise on pricing and availability.
      • Jan 24
  • New
    YZFGerrald1251
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Anyone have an issue with their polytune clip on? mine keeps blinking one green light ive tried chaning the batteries and pressing all the bouttons a few diffent ways hoping for like some sort of master reset but nothing... 

1 6
  • New
    jeremeikun
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

I use my Polytune mini 2 for my bass guitar. It works great except for the lowest strings on my 5 string (tuned to drop G). Trying to tune the drop G seems to engage the polyphonic tuning feature, potentially from all the overtones generated from the bass string?

At the moment I tune my lowest string at the 12th fret harmonic but it gets tedious after a while.

I believe being able to disable the polyphonic tuning feature could help me but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help

read more...
    0 23
    • jeremeikun
      PedroRodrigues Hi Paul , As you know by now, PolyTune 2 Mini is a polyphonic tuner, you can strum your instrument, and PolyTune 2 Mini will analyse and display the tuning of all strings.
      It is not possible to activate or deactivate the polyphonic tuning mode you just struck and it works, the strings that are in tune will be represented by two green LEDs. Strings that need tuning are represented by two red LEDs below (flat) or above (sharp) the middle row.
      • Jan 6
  • New
    dblbogy007
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-28

Device wont come on with a battery or adapter.

0 13
    • dblbogy007
      TC-Marcus Howdy William!
      Please be aware that the PolyTune line of pedals won't turn on unless you have an input jack inserted. This is to conserve power when pedal is unused (i.e. when there is no cable inserted).
      • December 28, 2020
  • New
    TC Electronic
    Triber Moderator
    2020-12-04

[13:12] Aidan Belizaire

Introducing UniTune Clip Noir

We have elevated our trusty UniTune Clip headstock tuner to the highest level of coolness by giving it the fabled Noir makeover. UNITUNE CLIP NOIR offers uncompromised tuning quality, a scorchingly bright LED display and versatile tuning options with an elegant and sturdy design.

The Power Couple of Tuning Modes

UNITUNE CLIP NOIR features a light-speed chromatic tuning mode, gives you an instant readout with a bright needle display to an accuracy of ± 0.05 cent. Need total fine-tuning accuracy? Strobe tuning mode literally gets within two cents of your note with an incredible ± 0.02 cent of tuning accuracy.

Built To Last

UNITUNE CLIP NOIR is made from a special resin designed specifically to provide the kind quality and feel you would expect from a TC Electronic product. The tough stainless steel clip provides safe grip with a tight industrial grade spring and extra-grippy rubber pads to safely perch your tuner on your guitars headstock.

Does it come in black?

Now available in a sleek black housing with complimentary red buttons, ultra-precise strobe and chromatic modes, UNITUNE CLIP NOIR is the low-key master of no-frills headstock tuning.

read more...
    0 13
  • New
    bansteadkebab1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-22

Hi - I recently (2 months ago) purchased a Polytune Clip (Black). Works great in chromatic tuning but seems to be absolutely no response for polyphonic tuning. When I strum the guitar the screen is blank apart from a green dot top centre. My understanding was that the polyphonic tuning kicks in as soon as you strum - user error or something wrong with the unit?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Andy

read more...
    0 22
    • bansteadkebab1
      PedroRodrigues Hi Andy, please see the image below I think it will help you on this matter. Thank you
      • November 23, 2020
    • bansteadkebab1
      bansteadkebab1 Hi Pedro - thanks for the speedy response. Press and holding button 3) for 5 secs doesn't seem to help - all it does is toggle between the needle and strobe modes (which is does if I were to press the button once). I've been in touch with the retailer (Andertons) and this looks like it is a faulty unit (unless you have any other suggestions?). Thanks, Andy
      • November 23, 2020
      • Polytune Clip Black
        PedroRodrigues Hi Andy, if the unit does not respond to the process above, you should proceed that route with Andertons . Thank you
        • November 23, 2020
  • New
    SergioRamosLlanos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09
    • Hi. According to the user manual, the TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Black tuner should be turned off after 3 minutes of being INACTIVE; however the one I bought through Amazon turns off every 3 minutes EVEN when I'm using it so I have to turn it back on which causes inconvenience and delay. I made the query to TC Eectronic Technical Support a few days ago, and they replied that this operation was not normal, that I should try other batteries and that if it continues like this it may be a hardware problem. It happens that on the internet I found 2 videos where you can see the tuner turning off after 3 minutes of use (not being inactive), which leaves me wondering.Could someone confirm if it turned off after 3 minutes of using the tuner -that is, which is not inactive but in use-, is it normal or not? Thank you. Sergio Ramos
    read more...
    0 11
    • SergioRamosLlanos
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sergio, please be aware that the unit turns off automatically after 3 minutes so what you are describing is a normal behavior, I will leave you a image of the manual were that is stated. Thank you
      • November 9, 2020
    • SergioRamosLlanos
      PedroRodrigues
      • November 9, 2020
  • New
    SergioRamosLlanos
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-09

Hola. Según el manual del usuario, el sintonizador TC Electronic PolyTune Clip debe apagarse después de 3 minutos de estar INACTIVO; sin embargo, el que compré a través de Amazon se apaga cada 3 minutos, INCLUSO cuando lo estoy usando, por lo que tengo que volver a encenderlo, lo que causa molestias y demoras. Realicé la consulta a Soporte Técnico de TC Eectronic hace unos días, y me contestaron que ese funcionamiento no era normal, que probara con otras baterías y que si seguía así tal vez sea un problema de hardware. Sucede que en internet encontré 2 videos en donde se aprecia al afinador apagarse a los 3 minutos de uso (no estando inactivo), lo que me deja la duda ¿Podría alguien confirmar si ese apagado a los 3 minutos de usar el afinador -es decir que no está inactivo sino en uso-, es o no normal?. Gracias. Sergio Ramos

read more...
    0 22
    • SergioRamosLlanos
      PedroRodrigues Hi Sergio, please be aware that the unit turns off automatically after 3 minutes so what you are describing is a normal behavior, I will leave you a image of the manual were that is stated. Thank you
      • November 9, 2020
      • Apagado de Afinador TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Black
        SergioRamosLlanos Thank you Pedro. I see that it is a bad translation from English to Spanish in the product manual itself, because in Spanish it says "El PolyTune Clip se apaga automáticamente tras 3 minutos de inactividad" Which translated into English means" The PolyTune Clip automatically turns off after
        3 minutes of inactivity."
        • November 9, 2020
        SergioRamosLlanos I hope TC Electronic can correct that translation error. Again, thank you very much Pedro.
        • ·
        • November 9, 2020
        SergioRamosLlanos Hello Pedro. I can see that the same translation error occurs in the part of the Manual referring to Battery Life, as it indicates that the PolyTune Clip turns off automatically after 3 minutes of inactivity. They must also correct that bad translation. On the other hand, maybe in the next version of the tuner they can configure it to turn off after 3 minutes of inactivity and after 4 or 5 minutes if you are using it or, in any case, that it does not turn off. It could also be configured so that you can choose by pressing the buttons whether or not the automatic shutdown is activated. Greetings. Sergio
        • ·
        • November 9, 2020
    • SergioRamosLlanos
      PedroRodrigues
      • November 9, 2020
  • New
    Boboji
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-10-29

When I power my polytune clip on I get two arrows moving away from each other. No other function. Is there a reset to this???

0 16
    • Boboji
      JoeRivers96 Hi Robert, unfortunately it sounds like there as an issue with your unit here. Please fill out a service request using the SUPPORT option at the top of this page.
      • October 30, 2020
Go to page