Statistics

285,933 members
167,996 posts
  • New
    FleetwoodPC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

The polytune manual says just play and it'll show the tuning of all strings… What about a 12 string?

I also don't see that it has a microphone… what is the recommended way to tune an acoustic with no output jack?

Are there no options to buy a clip on attachment to the headstock instead of having to buy a microphone just a tune an acoustic?

read more...
    0 8
    • FleetwoodPC
      PedroRodrigues Hi FleetwoodPC, thank you for your post, the Polytune 3 was designed for 6 stings, when it comes to the tuning operation, this pedal will collect the signal analysis for tuning on the signal arriving on the input via TS JACK so the pedal not need to have any output connected. When you connect your instrument to the audio input, the following information will be displayed:

• Standard(“STD”) or Drop D tuning mode

• The currently selected display mode(Needle/Strobe, Guitar / Bass)

• The currently selected tuning mode

• The reference pitch.

For best results, place POLYTUNE 3 in your signal chain before your drive, distortion and vibrato pedals. A distorted or modulated signal is harder to analyse.
      I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Tue at 12:35 AM
  • New
    Liam1995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-30

Says I haven't filled in all required fields when I have. I managed to get it to work by chance but the ticket still does not show. As far as I'm aware there's no way to contact support directly about this?

0 18
    • Liam1995
      NicJonesMT Hi Liam1995
      Did you receive any email after you submitted your ticket (Check your Spam/Junk Folder as they are occasionally routed to here)?
      If you click support at the top of the page, and scroll down to the ticket viewer option (Bottom right) can you send me the ticket number and I can look into this.
      • May 1
  • New
    Jeffrey1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-30

do you sell spares mins broken?

0 3
    • Jeffrey1951
      Jeffrey1951 See the crack?
      • Apr 30
    • Jeffrey1951
      NicJonesMT Hi Jeffrey1951.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • May 1
  • New
    dguthery1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-26

Bought tuner and used it to tune Les Paul.  Played an E chord and it was way out of tune.  Probably me and not the tuner.  Tried to update software with no luck.  Can you advise?  Thanks Dean 

0 12
  • New
    Enchanted066
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-22

Hello

Im using my Polytune3 in always on mode. Is there a way to get a visual Feedback whether the signal output is switched on or off.

Momentary Im just guessing. Firmware is the latest.

THX in advance

0 15
    • Enchanted066
      PedroRodrigues Hi Enchanted066, thank you for your post, when the display on your Polytune 3 shows a red ‘#’ this symbol means that your POLYTUNE 3 is not bypassed and ready to display the pitches of your instrument’s strings. Please note that this also means that POLYTUNE 3’s audio output is muted. To unmute, press the footswitch. Thank you
      • Jan 26
    • Enchanted066
      Enchanted066

Hi - Thank you for your answer. But it really doesnt help very much. I have switched (via Dip switches) the Polytune in Always On - Mode, so I can contol my Tune wether the output is muted or not. In that Mode I cant see a red "red #". It shows a red dot (4Leds) when there is no signal at the input. It does not matter if I press the footswitch (which is working perfectly). It shows always those 4 red Leds in a square. Maybe you could take a closer look at the "Always on" Mode.

• Jan 26
  • New
    flarocks
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-12-31

I recently had to repair the output jack on my polytune 2 blacklight. While I was working on it I decided to update the firmware from the website to version 2.6. Now, the strobe display mode on my tuner is screwed!!!!!!! Everything works as it should except that when I use the strobe mode the display is garbled. The only thing that is identifiable is the note I'm playing. Has anyone else had this happen? Does anyone have a link to the OLD version polytune 2 firmware.... the one before 2.6 that screwed mine up. I love this tune and want ot keep it, it has been with me everywhere! Please, anyone that can throw me some help it would be most appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!! God Bless and happy new year.

read more...
    0 8
  • New
    Dsomer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-23

Hi. Where can I get a replacement pin for the poly tune it's fallen off somewhere so now clip and tuner are separate. Thanks

0 8
    • Dsomer
      Nigel67 Hi Dsomer. Please contact our Spares Team and they will be able to advise further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Spare Parts tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • November 23, 2021
  • New
    foldyman
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-08

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a definitive answer on this...

The big Polytune has a bass mode, and works well for both chromatic and polyphonic tuning on a 5 string bass.

The Minis seem to lack a bass mode, so I'm wondering how (if at all) they work with a 5 string bass in Polyphonic mode.

Any guidance much apprecaited.

Thanks.

read more...
    1 25
    • foldyman
      PedroRodrigues Hi foldyman, thank you for your post, you are correct the Polytune 3 mini does not have a dedicated bass mode but offers polyphonic mode and will work on 5 string bass.
      The unit offers a Piano tuning range that will be compatible with your tuning requires
      The unit will work with 4 and 5 String bass.
      Thank you
      • November 9, 2021
  • New
    tremoloarm
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-10

When I am at home or using in low ambient noise, it works perfectly. 

But when I am at a gig with high ambient noise, it doesn't detect the signal and the gauge swings erraticaly without homing in on the string signal. It doesn't work in multi string or single string modes. 

It looks like the ambient noise is "confusing" it, which is of course inconcievable given that the signal is sent via the guitar cable. 

Any thoughts / suggestions?

read more...
    0 21
    • tremoloarm
      PedroRodrigues Hi tremoloarm, please consider that is an odd behavior as the unit receives the signal for tuning exclusively via 1/4 JACK TS not suffering any external interference, the only thing I can think of is that if you use the unit on a pedal board when on a gig that might not provide the correct voltage that the unit requires. The unit requires a Standard 9V DC, centre negative >100 mA. It may also be advisable to check your cables and look closely to any differences on your set up when you are at a gig, maybe using the unit on a different position on the pedal board. If none of these steps helps in nay way I would suggest to follow the link below and submit an assistance request directly with our Tech support Team so we can assist you with more tools. https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=Technical%20Support&brand=TCElectronic Thank you
      • October 13, 2021
  • New
    kongo
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-09-17

Hello,

Can someone point me to the FAQ on how to get the Polytune out of boot mode? I tried to update the firmware, but it got stuck and now I can't unstick it. 

I downloaded the "PolyTune_SWUPdater" and "setup" file, and followed all the instructions on the release notes page

The issue seems to be that the SW Updater is designed to work in Windows XP, not Windows 10. I tried to run various compatability settings (like running the program in compatability mode for Win XP), but it doesn't let me run the SW Updater, so I can't update the firmware (and its now stuck in the boot mode).

I read that you can run the SW Updater program from an old Windows XP computer and get it to work, but I really don't have any of those around, or know anyone who does.

Can someone please help?

read more...
    0 83
    • kongo
      NicJonesMT Hi Kongo.
      Could you please click Support at the top of the page, and submit a technical support ticket. From there we can then advise you further.
      • September 17, 2021
Go to page