Statistics

242,688 members
119,084 posts
  • New
    oiamt
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-05-21

I recently learned about sweetened guitar tuning (tuning each string a few cents flat to accoomodate for fretting chords etc for optimal intonation during play) and wonder if the Unitune can be used to do this (tune a string anywhere from 4 to 12 cents flat, varying by the string).

I was able to do flat tuning with a Korg CA (essential for African instruments) but want a clip-on for guitar and am wondering which one to get. I prefer the Unitune otherwise, but am unsure about the tuning increments. It looks like a line of lights is an interval of some kind, so I wonder if it's 1 cent, or more than that, perhaps 5 cents?

Thanks

read more...
    0 42
  • New
    Witnot
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-30

Any idea how I can purchase a replacement nut and bolt hinge for my polytuner clip?

0 57
    • Witnot
      Dale_M Hi there I would advise going to the Support Tab above and submitting a SPARES ticket to see if they can advise you.
      • May 1
  • New
    donypri
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2021-04-30

Hi, where can I find the serial number for Polytune Clip Black?

0 48
  • New
    jlittle3917
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-04-08

hey guys,

I just got my polytune 3 today. worked great and loved it. updated firmware to 1.4 and now it does not recognize my 5 string bass. It tunes great for individual strings but only shows 4 strings when I strum. 

Thanks a ton,

Josh

read more...
    0 55
    • jlittle3917
      PedroRodrigues Hi jlittle, please consider that if you press the display mode button on the rear of POLYTUNE 3 once, the currently selected display mode will be shown. Pressing the display mode button repeatedly will cycle through these modes:

-Guitar / Needle mode (indicated by a “G” and the centre LED column lighting up).
      -Guitar / Strobe mode (indicated by a “G” and the middle row of LEDs lighting up).
      -Bass / Needle mode (indicated by a “B” and the centre LED column lighting up).
      -Bass / Strobe mode (indicated by a “B” and the middle row of LEDs lighting up).

In Needle mode, when you tune a single string, pitch is indicated by a column of five LEDs in the upper part of the display, and the name of the target note is displayed at the bottom of the display.
      If the string you are tuning is too low, LEDs to the left of the centre column will light up. If the string is too high, LEDs to the right of the centre column will light up. Tune the string until the middle column and the middle row of green LEDs lights up. This means you are “on target”.

In Strobe mode, the difference between the correct (target) frequency and the actual detected frequency is displayed by two indicators simultaneously:

1. Red LEDs to the left (pitch too low) or to the right (pitch to high) of the centre LED column
      2. Rotating segments in the display. The closer the detected frequency is to the target frequency, the slower the rotation.

Tune the string until the rotating pattern has come to a stop and only the middle column of green LED lights up.

As you know, POLYTUNE 3 is a polyphonic tuner, you can strum your instrument, and POLYTUNE 3 will analyse and display the tuning of all strings.
      So, you don’t need to activate the polyphonic tuning mode, it just works. Please Strum and tune. (PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE BELOW)

Please consider that only the strings that are actually present and played will be shown in the display.
      Therefor if you tune a four string bass, only four LED columns will light up.
      • Apr 9
    • jlittle3917
      jlittle3917 Thank you for the quick response. I am currently in bass strobe mode. Tunes great! but the strum mode is only showing me four strings even when I am hitting all 5 on my bass. Prior to the 1.4 firmware update this was working fine and has never been a problem on my previous polytune.
      • Apr 9
  • New
    BigHick11
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-20

Unitune Clip purchased 1 month ago shows only one display. When Display Mode Button is pushed, nothing happens. Display shown is horizontal green LED line with short vertical green 
    LED line with red LEDs to either side to indicate flat/sharp.

Anyone else have this problem?

read more...
    0 55
    • BigHick11
      PedroRodrigues Hi BigHick11,please consider that to you must press the button identified with an arrow in red on the image below to allow you to change between Needle and Strobe tuning modes.
      Please consider that secondary display shows the detected note name for the currently-tuned string identified by an arrow in blue

Thank you
      • Mar 21
      • Unitune Clip Noir
        BigHick11 Hi Pedro,

I am aware of the Display Mode Button, which I mentioned in my original post. Could you please confirm that there are 2 different displays - 1 for Strobe Mode and 1 for Needle Mode. I am only seeing 1 display when button is pushed.
        • ·
        • Mar 25
  • New
    Caught exception: Specified column "user_id" is not in the row
  • New
    Loner
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-02-16

I just obtained a PolyTune Clip Black, and need a quick sanity check: The instructions say that it turns off automatically after 5 minutes, but I assumed that this meant it would turn off after 5 minutes of disuse. Mine turns off after 5 minutes, even if I'm actively using it. Is this normal?

read more...
    0 28
    • Loner
      WilliamR Hello Loner, This function would be normal. It does turn off after five minutes regardless if you are playing or not.
      • Feb 16
  • New
    BigTBZ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-23

i have 2 of the tc electronic clip on tuners, which work great.

the screws and fasteners have fallen out of both of them while playing gigs and I was unable to find them. How can I obtain replace fasteners for these?

0 60
    • BigTBZ
      john0121 Hi, you can fill out a spare parts request via the Support button at the top of the page. A member of the team will then be able to advise on pricing and availability.
      • Jan 24
  • New
    YZFGerrald1251
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-17

Anyone have an issue with their polytune clip on? mine keeps blinking one green light ive tried chaning the batteries and pressing all the bouttons a few diffent ways hoping for like some sort of master reset but nothing... 

1 45
  • New
    jeremeikun
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-06

I use my Polytune mini 2 for my bass guitar. It works great except for the lowest strings on my 5 string (tuned to drop G). Trying to tune the drop G seems to engage the polyphonic tuning feature, potentially from all the overtones generated from the bass string?

At the moment I tune my lowest string at the 12th fret harmonic but it gets tedious after a while.

I believe being able to disable the polyphonic tuning feature could help me but I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help

read more...
    0 101
    • jeremeikun
      PedroRodrigues Hi Paul , As you know by now, PolyTune 2 Mini is a polyphonic tuner, you can strum your instrument, and PolyTune 2 Mini will analyse and display the tuning of all strings.
      It is not possible to activate or deactivate the polyphonic tuning mode you just struck and it works, the strings that are in tune will be represented by two green LEDs. Strings that need tuning are represented by two red LEDs below (flat) or above (sharp) the middle row.
      • Jan 6
Go to page