Statistics

299,671 members
183,443 posts
  • New
    happysnappy
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-09-30

Unitune stopped working need replaced who do I contact    Address and phone #

Thank You

0 4
    • happysnappy
      NicJonesMT Hi Happysnappy.
      Please click support at the top of the page and submit a Technical Support ticket.
      • Sep 30
  • New
    drago76
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-08-29

hi everyone, i have the polytune first generation or maybe second (not the mini), I am powering it with the pedal power 2 plus (voodoo labs).

All the spots of the pedal power are occupied from other pedals and I wonder if I can power up onother pedal connecting it to the out of the polytune.

It seems possible but my question is:

If I power up the polytune with the 9v dc (100 milliamper) of the pedal power 2 plus how can I power up through the polytune another pedal with maybe other 100 or 300 0r 500 or more milliampers?

cause in the case it says that the polytune can power up to 2000 milliamper..!?

read more...
    0 3
    • drago76
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi drago76, yes it is possible to use the power output on the Polytune to power another pedal. However to do so you need to ensure your power supply is supplying enough Amperage to cover the power consumption of both pedals.

As an example in the instance of a Polytune 2 its current draw is 100mA, if you wanted to daisy chain a Flashback 2 from the Polytune 2 the Flashback 2 has a current draw of 300mA. With this in mind you need to ensure the output on your voodoo labs power supply is providing at least 400mA or more to cover both pedals.

If you wish to daisy chain more than one pedal from the Polytune this is possible, however, you just need to ensure the total amperage of all pedals combined does not excide 2000mA.

Using the 100mA power output on your Voodoo labs power supply would not be able to supply sufficient power to multiple pedals.
      • Aug 29
  • New
    michaeldurig
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-27

I have a Polytuner and have adjusted it to 435.  I want to tune to 432 for an experiment I am planning in a couple of days.  I need to know how to read the display to achieve this outcome.  Thank you.

0 5
    • michaeldurig
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaeldurig, thank you for your post, can you please state what Polytune are you referring to ?
      Generally on the Polytune pedals to change the reference pitch, follow these steps:

1. Press the DISPLAY MODE button and the TUNING MODE button (3) simultaneously.
      2. The display will show the current reference pitch (e.g., “440” for 440 Hz).
      3. To increase the reference pitch in 1 Hz steps, press the TUNING MODE button.
      4. To decrease reference pitch in 1 Hz steps, press the DISPLAY MODE button.
      5. To accept the currently displayed reference pitch and return to normal operation, do not press either button for two seconds.
      For specific information I would suggest o check the manual for your Polytune. I hope this helps. Thank you
      • Jul 28
  • New
    PhillT
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-21

I'm stuck in boot mode with my polytune classic and can't find any recent software. Cannot contact support because this product is not in the list. Wierd !! I've already re-downloaded and followed all instructions on Youtube but the tuner seams to be dead. Help !!

read more...
    0 6
    • PhillT
      WilliamR The polytune classic software is located in this link:
      • Jul 21
    • PhillT
      PhillT

• Jul 22
    • PhillT
      PhillT

Thanks William but I've already tried it but it's not working.

• Jul 22
      • Polytune Classic
        PedroRodrigues Hi PhillT, thank you for your reply, please consider that the POLYTUNE CLASSIC is a legacy unit and the resources available to support this unit may be scarce.
        The first point that we need to clarify is that this unit was launches a while ago and will not operate correctly when interfaced with more recent operating systems specially when it comes to update process that requires bridging with the POLYTUNE CLASSIC software.
        To assure that the update process does not fail you must use a Windows XP or Windows 7 operating systems and follow the steps below.
        This process will not work on any 64-bit operating system
        The process below describes how to update the software of your TC Electronic POLYTUNE pedal using
        a computer running Windows 7.

The installation has two parts:

Installing the USB driver so the PolyTune will be recognized by your computer.

Uploading the new Software to the PolyTune pedal.

In addition, I have also provided a video of the update procedure:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6sALvcESQc

1.2. Installing the USB driver

1. Important: first disconnect the POLYTUNE pedal from your computer.
        2. Download the zipped POLYTUNE software from the email attachment
        3. Extract the two files: setup.exe and Polytune_SWUpdater.exe
        4. Double click on setup.exe to run this application.
        5. Click on the Run button. Windows will display a security warning and asks you if you will allow this application to make changes to the system.
        6.Click the Yes button.
        7. Close all other applications as instructed and click the Next button.
        8. Click on the Next button.
        9. Click on the Next button.
        10. Click on the Install button.
        11. Click on 'Install this driver software anyway'.
        12. Click on the Finish button.

Now the USB driver for POLYTUNE has been successfully installed and we can continue the Software update process.

1.3. Preparing the Software Update

Important: before installing the Software please remove the battery from the POLYTUNE pedal!

Now we need to put the POLYTUNE into 'Boot mode', so it can receive the new software:

-Insert a DC plug with 9V/50mA power supply.
        (this will only work with a correct PSU)
        -Insert a mono jack plug into the POLYTUNE pedal guitar input.
        -Connect one end of the USB cable to the computer.
        -Press and hold the display button (next to the USB port), while inserting the USB cable into the USB port of the POLYTUNE.

The POLYTUNE should now be in boot mode, as indicated by the blank display. You will note the switch has no effect.

Windows should now detect the newly connected POLYTUNE.

1.4. Installing the Software Update

1. Launch the "PolyTune_SWUpdater" application.
        2. Press the 'update' button. When the progress bar has reached 100% the software update is completed and the PolyTune will reboot automatically.
        3. Once the PolyTune has rebooted successfully, disconnect the USB cable.

1.5. Troubleshooting

-USB driver installation
        -If you have problems installing the USB driver, please try the upload procedure again and make sure POLYTUNE is the only USB device connected to your computer.
        -In case you are using a powered USB hub, instead connect PolyTune directly to the USB port of your computer.
        -When it comes to the software update application, if you see a message when clicking in the update button, close the software update application and restart the software update procedure from the point "Preparing the software upload" (section 1.3):

-This second part describes how to update the software of your TC Electronic POLYTUNE pedal using a computer running Windows XP.

The installation has two parts:

-Installing the USB driver so the POLYTUNE will be recognized by your computer.
        -Uploading the new Software to the POLYTUNE pedal.

-In addition to this guide we also have a video of the update procedure:

1.2. Installing the USB driver

2. Download the zipped POLYTUNE software from the email attachment
        3. Extract the two files: setup.exe and PolyTune_SWUpdater.exe

4. Double click on setup.exe to run this application.

5. Click on the Run button. Windows will display a security warning and asks you if you will
        allow this application to make changes to the system. Click the Yes button.

6. Close all other applications as instructed and click the Next button. The following window
        will appear:

7. Click on the Next button.

8. Click on the Next button

9. Click on the Install button.

10. Click on the Finish button.

Now the USB driver for POLYTUNE has been successfully installed and we can continue to update
        the Software.

1.3. Preparing the Software Update

Important: before installing the Software please remove the battery from the POLYTUNE pedal!

Now we need to put the POLYTUNE into 'Boot mode', so it can receive the new software:

-Press and hold the display button (next to the USB port), while inserting the USB cable into the USB port of the POLYTUNE.

The POLYTUNE should now be in boot mode, as indicated by the blank display. You will note the
        switch has no effect.

Windows should now detect the newly connected POLYTUNE.

Select the 'No, not this time' option and press the Next button.

Select the 'Install from a list of specific location (Advanced)' option and press the Next
        button.

Select 'Search for the best driver in these locations' and 'Include this location in the
        search'. Click the Browse button. A browser window will appear:

Browse to "C:\Program Files\PolyTuneUSBDriver\driver" and press the OK button.

Click the Next button to start the installation.

Click the Finish button.

1.4. Installing the Software Update

1. Now that we have installed the USB driver for PolyTune, we can update the software.
        Launch the "PolyTune_SWUpdater" application. Windows will show the following
        2. Click on the Run button. The software update application will start.

3. Press the update button. When the progress bar has reached 100% the POLYTUNE
        software update is complete, and the pedal will reboot automatically.

4. Once the POLYTUNE has rebooted successfully, disconnect the USB cable.

1.5. Troubleshooting

USB driver installation
        If you have problems installing the USB driver, please try the upload procedure again and make sure POLYTUNE is the only USB device connected to your computer.

In case you are using a powered USB hub, instead connect PolyTune directly to the USB port of your computer.

Software update application.

If you see this message when clicking in the update button, close the software update application and restart the software update procedure from the point "Preparing the software upload"(section 1.3):

The third part of this document describes how to update the software of your TC Electronic POLYTUNE pedal using a Macintosh computer running Mac OS X.

In addition to this guide we also have a video of the update procedure:

1.2. Preparing the Software Update

2. Download the POLYTUNE software update from the TC Electronic website and save it to your desktop.
        3. Double click the Polytune_software.app.zip file to extract it to your desktop.
        A Polytune_software.app will be created on your desktop.

4. Now we need to put the POLYTUNE into 'Boot mode', so it can receive the new software:

The POLYTUNE should now be in boot mode, as indicated by the blank display. You will note the
        switch has no effect.

1.3. Installing the Software Update

5. Double click the PolyTune_software_2.0.app as seen below:
        6. Press the update button. When the progress bar has reached 100% the software update is completed and the POLYTUNE will reboot automatically:

7. Once the POLYTUNE has rebooted successfully, disconnect the USB cable.

1.4. Troubleshooting

If you see this message when clicking the update button, close the software update application
        and restart the software update procedure from the point "Preparing the software upload" (item 4)

To access all the resources required for this operating please follow the link below:

https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=HE135

I hope this helps

Thank you
        • Aug 12
  • New
    Alberto1234
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-07-20

Hi! I ' m interested in getting a polytune clip, i just have a question. I found on the website that it has a microphone inside; does it mean that it detects the note i'm playing with the microphone or only with the vibrarion of rhe guitar? If it works with the mic, can i turn it off abd only use rhe vibrarion? How does it work on stage, with a lot of vibrarions and sounds? Thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • Alberto1234
      WilliamR The polytune clip only detects the note from the vibration of the guitar.
      • Jul 20
      • Polytune clip
        Alberto1234 Thank you for the anwer! Just another question: does the steobo mode work with lower tunings, like C or open B?
        • Jul 21
  • New
    Matinsrd
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-28

Hi

My unit works fine as long as I don't engage the dip switch for buffered bypass. 
    When it's in the buffer mode the pedal goes into tuning mode (muted) and the footswitch stops working. No clicking sound when pressing it.

plus, "Always On" mode doesn't work at all.

Tried all combimations too. no luck.

I'm familiar with soldering so if there is something I can do please let me know. I've opened up the plastic cover and somewhere near the dipswitch when I short two connections the pedal turns on. 

So the problem is that somehow dipswitch is preventing the footswitch from working when engaged. 

read more...
    0 12
  • New
    edemmiller
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-06-27

Hi guys!
    Recently (never before) I have the problem that the tuner stops my signal even if it's off.
    (sidenote: tuning works fine, no problem with it)
    All my gear (amp, guitar, cables, power supply) seem OK.
    When I remove the tuner from the signal chain everything works fine.
    What do you think? 

read more...
    0 5
    • edemmiller
      PedroRodrigues Hi edemmiller, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest confirming that your Polytune 3 is connected directly to a PSU that offers a 9 V DC, positive centre negative,>100 mA.
      It is also vital that you confirm that you are using a 1x ¼ " TS, unbalanced, mono cable on the input
      It may also be advisable to attempt to update you pedal by following the guidance below.

Download the newest firmware from the link below.

https://www.tcelectronic.com/tcelectronic/product?modelCode=P0CM0

There are updaters for:

-Microsoft Windows (these are ZIP archives containing the firmware installer)

-OS X (these are disk image files containing the firmware installer).

• Unplug all cables (including the power supply) from your TC pedal.
      • Connect the pedal to your computer using a USB cable.
      • Press and hold the footswitch on your TC pedal. If your TC pedal has more than one footswitch, press and hold the leftmost footswitch.
      • Insert the DC power supply plug.
      • The LED on your pedal should turn green. If your TC pedal has more than one LED, the left most LED should turn green. This indicates that the pedal is ready to receive the software update.
      • Release the footswitch. Applying the firmware update
      • Quit all MIDI-related applications (e.g., your DAW) on your computer and launch the firmware updater you have downloaded from the link above
      • In the firmware updater app, select your TC pedal from the drop-down list under the “STEP1” heading
      . • When the “Update” button under the “STEP2” heading turns green, click it.
      • The updated firmware will now be transferred to your TC pedal.
      Wait for the progress bar to reach 100%.
      When the update procedure is complete, the pedal will automatically restart.

Thank you
      • Jun 26
    • edemmiller
      edemmiller Hi Pedro!
      Ok, I will have a try with the firmware update.
      But I'm sure that the power supply is fine.
      As I mentioned I have never had this problem before while I have been using this power supply
      (mooer macro power s8) with the polytune 3 for a couple of months.
      Also I'm using the same cables as I have used before (when there was no problem with the tuner).
      • Jun 27
      • Polytune 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi edemmiller, please ponder that in some cases when using a PSU that does not offers the exact features the pedal requires, 9 V DC, positive centre negative,>100 mA, the pedal may deteriorate over time, therefore what you are describing may happen. I hope this helps
        • Jun 27
  • New
    FleetwoodPC
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-24

The polytune manual says just play and it'll show the tuning of all strings… What about a 12 string?

I also don't see that it has a microphone… what is the recommended way to tune an acoustic with no output jack?

Are there no options to buy a clip on attachment to the headstock instead of having to buy a microphone just a tune an acoustic?

read more...
    0 15
    • FleetwoodPC
      PedroRodrigues Hi FleetwoodPC, thank you for your post, the Polytune 3 was designed for 6 stings, when it comes to the tuning operation, this pedal will collect the signal analysis for tuning on the signal arriving on the input via TS JACK so the pedal not need to have any output connected. When you connect your instrument to the audio input, the following information will be displayed:

• Standard(“STD”) or Drop D tuning mode

• The currently selected display mode(Needle/Strobe, Guitar / Bass)

• The currently selected tuning mode

• The reference pitch.

For best results, place POLYTUNE 3 in your signal chain before your drive, distortion and vibrato pedals. A distorted or modulated signal is harder to analyse.
      I hope this helps. Thank you
      • May 24
  • New
    Liam1995
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-30

Says I haven't filled in all required fields when I have. I managed to get it to work by chance but the ticket still does not show. As far as I'm aware there's no way to contact support directly about this?

0 24
    • Liam1995
      NicJonesMT Hi Liam1995
      Did you receive any email after you submitted your ticket (Check your Spam/Junk Folder as they are occasionally routed to here)?
      If you click support at the top of the page, and scroll down to the ticket viewer option (Bottom right) can you send me the ticket number and I can look into this.
      • May 1
  • New
    Jeffrey1951
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-30

do you sell spares mins broken?

0 10
    • Jeffrey1951
      Jeffrey1951 See the crack?
      • Apr 30
    • Jeffrey1951
      NicJonesMT Hi Jeffrey1951.
      Can you please click support at the top of the page and submit a technical support ticket.
      • May 1
Go to page