Statistics

186,438 members
56,170 posts
  • 2020-10-11

Hello guys.

Follow me on instagram please, I share daily drum content, routines, exercises, lessons and drum cover

www.instagram.com/gerzaindrummer

0 1
  • 2020-09-27

Hi,

I use the RD-8 for 9 month now and I want to report what I think to be an interface problem.

I can't use the mute fonction of the RD-8 because my brain is constantly saying to me the flashing tracks are the muted track, then it's the opposite.

So I'm forced to use the solo fonction instead while it *hum* my brain compatible. So I'm cutting off myself the possibility of muting tracks.

I'm sure some people will be very confortable with flashing leds for active tracks and non-flashing leds for muted tracks, but I find it myself illogical and I can't get rid of it.

Is it possible to add a fonction to invert mute leds ? Even maybe in the Frimware updater to not overload the fonctions of the RD-8

Thank you for answer,
    with love from France

read more...
    0 5
    • Ant Mil
      Dale Minaker Hi Ant, I will pass your comments on to the design team but I am unsure as to how they could adjust this.
      • Sep 28
  • 2020-09-25

can anyone tell me  the email address i've got a behringer drum set i get the emails from musictribe i cant return them need help ?

0 17
    • billy kalkis
      William Reichling Hello Billy, I have emailed you again within the case you opened. In order for me to see your reply, please reply directly to the email you received from me and I should get it.
      • Sep 25
  • 2020-09-22

Hi Behringer Team

we looked everywhere at the internet and found nothing how to send Sys.Ex dumps from the Behringer RD 8 to the external hard disk and from the external hard disk to the Behringer RD-8.

We have tried to make a meaningful film, which you can show to your customers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=w-l17NWYMz8

Greetings

read more...
    0 5
  • 2020-09-21

I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem anywhere, but the machine's tempo is always faster than what I have it set at. I just got the machine the other day and was very excited with how intuitive the interface is, but the tempo issue has made it impossible to record with. I have had the midi-synch issue everyone posts about as well, including in USB. The tempo issue occurs even when I am just wearing headphones and playing the machine by itself. Just updated the firmware and that did nothing to help. I really don't want to have to exchange this for a different drum machine. Any advice or help will be welcome.

read more...
    0 4
    • Karl Spaeth
      Jason Brewer Hey Karl - If you could click the support tab above and make a support Ticket we can do a deeper dive and look at possible service options as well. I suspect there a few things our team should look at here. Thank you.
      • Oct 5
  • 2020-09-16

Hi Behringer,

I’m very pleased with my RD-6-LM but would like to suggest an improvement:

When selecting Pattern Write and clicking one of the 16 Step-buttons, it switches to the corresponding pattern when the beat isn’t playing. Wouldn’t it have been more logical if you could layout a beat using the Step-buttons, thus withóút pressing Play? This way you can program the beat based on the one playing in your head (presuming I’m not the only one hearing beats in my head; I prefer it wáy better than the voices I heard before). Selecting patterns should than only be possible within Pattern Pláy mode, not within Pattern Write.

Also, it would be nice if – within Pattern Write mode and when the beat isn’t playing – the Tab button would trigger the selected instrument, so you could tab an instrument before programming it.

Would this be an option via a firmware update or the Behringer software?

Thanks!

Rob, from the Netherlands

PS The BD combines awesomely well with the CH when distortion is on.

read more...
    0 10
    • Rob Steijger
      Jason Brewer Hello - thank you for these great suggestions. I will connect with my synth team and pass these along. Also great to hear you are enjoying the RD-6. Thanks again.
      • Sep 16
  • 2020-09-10

I'm having a problem with my drum kit it is a xd8usb behringer the kick pedal is making a humming noise even when i unplug from the kick still makes the noise when you touch it with hand probobly the control box?

0 8
    • billy kalkis
      Nigel Turner Hi, can you go to the support tab at the top of the page and send in a service ticket where we will be able to help you further. I think that we will need to get your kit in for repair. Many thanks
      • Sep 10
  • Hello,

Thank you for your hard work.

On the TR-606, when in "Write Pattern" mode, it is possible to erase the notes of the selected instrument by holding down the "Clear" button while the sequencer is playing.

This feature is very useful to modify in real time the composed patterns.

Is this behavior expected on the RD-6?

Thank you,

read more...
    0 22
    • Jean-Baptiste Sonnet
      Nic Jones Hi Bortch.
      I have just checked witht he development team and been told that this feature is standard on the RD-6.
      • Sep 11
      • Clear Button on RD-6 compared with TR-606
        Jean-Baptiste Sonnet Hello Nic,

Thank you for your response.

Is it to be understood that this is planned in a future version or should it already work? In the latter case, there must be a bug, because it doesn't work at the moment.
        • ·
        • Sep 11
      • Clear Button on RD-6 compared with TR-606
        Nic Jones Hi Bortch. I have been told by the development team it is as Standard.

If possible could you open a Technical support ticket and provide a short video of exactlyhow you have the RD6 setup and how it is behaving.
        • Sep 17
  • 2020-08-30

Hi 

wanted to start by saying really love the rd-8, the sound of it is brilliant. I am just getting started really and starting to learn some things about it. when I began using it I was trying to program song data live with my other synths connected via midi. I wanted to switch from song 1 to song 2 live and for all the song data to switch when I make this change. I discovered that it was set so that if I changed songs without pressing stop I couldn't go to the next songs specific song/pattern data. I had to press stop then load the song, then press play. I am interested in performing with the rd8 setup in such a way that I can switch songs live without pressing stop, for all the data of the next song to be loaded including the bpm change without pressing stop. is this possible? I was hoping so as this is why I have the rd-8 as a master, my other synths don't change the bpm when I change songs live.

the other thing I noticed is that the decay on the rd8s kickdrum seems to not be constant? It's appears to have some sort of probability variation on the decay of the kick? Can I change this so that the kick has its decay level set to be consistent across all patterns in a song? And can I change the decay, tuning and tone for each song and save that into the song data?

read more...
    0 10
    • paul terry
      paul terry is what I need to do here called "song chaining"? would this switch tracks without a break in the audio and it would switch to the next songs saved bpm?
      • Aug 31
    • paul terry
      paul terry and if I did this would I be able to postpone the switch to the next song in the song chain if the performance needs to go on for longer? and could I skip to the next song quicker if I need to? or do I have to work within the time limit of the chained patterns?
      • Aug 31
  • 2020-08-15

Hi. When you set the Flam preference (setttings > clock > flam preference) to "per pattern", and then having two patterns, pattern1 with flam property = 24, and pattern2 with flam = 0. When you now switch from pattern1 to pattern2 while the sequencer is running, then you'd expect the flam being set to 0 right before step 1 starts to play. But instead, step 1 in pattern 2 plays with flam = 24 and then sets it to 0. So actually, only from step 2 onwards the flam is correctly set. I'm on the latest firmware 1.3.5.

read more...
    1 13
    • Andreas Grässer
      Nic Jones Hi Graesserph
      Sorry for the delay in contacting you!
      With regard to the above, can you confirm what FW version you are running please and if you have tried a factory reset on the RD-8?
      • Aug 18
      • RD-8 : Flam per pattern issue
        Andreas Grässer Thanks for your answer, Nic. As written in the OP already. I'm on firmware 1.3.5. The firmware update was the first I did after unboxing the device. No, I did not try a factory reset. Can you please tell me how you come to the opinion that a factory reset would fix a timing problem? For me as a developer of musical software, this looks just like a bug in the firmware.
        • Aug 18
        Nic Jones Hi Andreas. We need to exhaust all options to ensure there are no setup issues, which is why we always recommend checking FW and performing a reset first.
        The steps for a reset can be found here;

https://musictribecommunity.powerappsportals.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KA-01073/en-us

If you still experience this issue then can you please open a technical support ticket.
        • Aug 19
        Andreas Grässer Hi Nic
        Firmware is 1.3.5. I also did a factory reset. No difference, the behavior is the same.

>>>> If you still experience this issue then can you please open a technical support ticket.
        Where can I do that? Even though, a bug report would probably be the better choice.
        Is there any way to report a bug?
        I can also send you sysex files with 1) the device settings and 2) the two patterns to reproduce the problem.
        The point is that the per pattern settings get applied to the new pattern "after" the first step was fired. And therefore the first step of the new pattern still has the per pattern settings of the old pattern.

I'm pretty sure that this bug does not only affect the flame value. It's more likely that it affects all per pattern parameters. If there's a way, please pass this on to the developers.
        • Aug 19
        Nic Jones Hi Andreas. Press support at the top and create a ticket. set the ticket type to Technical support.
        We can then gather information and report this to the development team.
        • Aug 20
        Andreas Grässer Done.. Thanks a lot for your help, Nic.
        • Aug 21
Go to page