Statistics

228,040 members
102,852 posts
  • neivel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-16

My new RD-8 receiving a master clock from ERM Multiclock. When i turn on RD-8 synchronization is way off other machines, but after a while using it comes back to normal sync so i have to readjust it.

And then RD-8 freezes completely after few hours of using it.

Only restart helps!

Are there any updates regarding this problem coming up or i have new broken machine and i should return it?

Thanks

read more...
    0 84
    • neivel
      parki68 My RD-8 Has also sync issues when using Midi Din. very disappointed with this drum machine
      • September 7, 2020
  • jimmywheelo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

Please please please give us the option to change this to OFF by default.

Every opinion i've read online is asking for this. For more complex patterns I really need only a select few steps set to ON. I am having to spend ten minutes turning every instrument on every step off each time and it is killing my workflow.

Thanks

read more...
    2 90
    • jimmywheelo
      komabot

Yeah, thats totally bullsh+t.

i don´t know how to implement it that way. Instead of just switching on the steps you want to flam or Prob. you have to switch off every step where you want no flam or Prob.

• April 13, 2020
  • poneymagik
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-04

Hey, my RD-8 freezes at random times, when it happens i have to restart to unit, is there anyway to fix that or should i send my unit back ?

Thanks

3 89
    • poneymagik
      tomorohhidari

Hi,

same here. Got this last week. Updated to new firmware but it keeps happening.

Any updates on this? Any chance this could be looked into and fixed in a firmware update?

Ta!

• May 6, 2020
    • poneymagik
      alonsorondon

Same happens to me....
      it could be at any time, can we fix this? because it is imposible to work with this issue.

• June 9, 2020
    • poneymagik
      michaelgorbache This is a ridiculous issue and makes me want to sell the unit because the intended purpose is unusable especially when you are using USB to clock sync the unit... I have been asking about this issue also since May, I am not sure if they are faulty units or all are defected. I am trying to get the unit replaced, but Behringer so far has been unresponsive to this serious issue.
      • August 24, 2020
  • capitalvice
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hello guys,

I put some work into a RD-78 concept design that took me some days. I never owned the original one so there could be some flaws. I hope yall like it and it will reach Behringer.

I'm also down for some feedback!

Regards,

capitalvice 

PS: Behringer, if you want this as PDF and/or the 3D model, hit me up!  @UliBehringer 

EDIT: Just realized I missed some instrument volume knobs... Theres some space left in the middle area. Maybe you could add some more there.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.31.59.pngimage2.jpgimage3.jpgBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.23.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-02-03 um 22.32.47.png

read more...
    0 206
  • Gaétan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-01

Hi everyone,

I would to start pattern or song with my DAW to control RD-8. How can I do that pls?

Thank you

0 87
  • Altruit
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-28

Hi Everyone,

We would like to send the snare of the RD-8 to a Reverb pedal and give that sound more space. How can I do this using the send and return on the back of the drum machine?

Thanks in Advance!

0 87
  • Bduck
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-24

Hello,

I'm trying to use the rd-8 as master and send midi clock to an external synth sequencer.  It sends clock but also sends midi note data from the given pattern, triggering unwanted notes in the external synth. Is there away to shut off sending midi notes? I only want to send clock from the midi out

read more...
    0 151
    • Bduck
      Bduck

Found a solution by setting the rd-8 midi out to different channel than the synth's midi input. It appears midi clock is still transmitted globally from rd-8 out.  

• January 25, 2020
  • davidpgil
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-26

Is there a way to hear the effect of the Wave Designer without unplugging individual outs? My RD-8 is plugged into a mixer via multiple TRS cables and I noticed I can only hear Wave Designed voices if I unplug the voice I am wave designing and listen via main output. Soling the voice doesnt work. Any other ideas?

read more...
    0 129
    • davidpgil
      Bduck

I believe the wave designer and filter are only present on the main out bus. Using the individual out removes that instrument from the main bus. So no, you can't hear the effect of the wave designer on an instrument routed through the individual out.

• January 24, 2020
  • uhoh7
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-20

After latest firmware upgrade, you must stop sequencer to change songs. Undocmented. Nightmare if you don't know about it.

3 239
    • uhoh7
      Tunk

Yes that totally stupid, we need this feature!  For live set use is really important.

• February 14, 2020
  • proximaldistal
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-09

My RD-8 was workign fine and now all of a sudden the output and headphone outputs don't work. Individual outs work fine. I have had this unit about a month. It has not been moved and only played twice. Very disappointed.

0 87
    • proximaldistal
      Wehearyou same just happened to me..did you get a fix or send it back
      • August 22, 2020
    • proximaldistal
      parki68 Are you using the correct power supply, it happened to me and i mistakenly was using the wrong PSU
      • September 7, 2020
    • proximaldistal
      shugmonkey My headphone is quiet and the main is having a dip in volume now and then.
      • September 26, 2020
Go to page