Statistics

240,756 members
116,962 posts
  • jkvalentine
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-23

Hello Behringer,

I'd love to update my RD-8's firmware using Linux Mint 19.1, why do you only offer an updater for Windows and Mac? I'm a paying customer like everybody else, so please make it work with Linux. I tried to update via Wine, but that doesn't work. I can run the program but it doesn't find the RD-8 when it's in boot mode (it's all black then, that's right?). In the manual for the firmware update, updating the usb driver is suggested, but the one suggested clearly makes no sense for Linux. If I interprete the manual correctly, the RD-8 contains a STM-32 microcontroller that handles the firmware - so I guess it could work with Wine if  Linux runs a STM-32 driver (which one)?

Please help, thanks in advance

read more...
    0 237
    • jkvalentine
      jkvalentine

Hello? Customer service, anyone?

• November 27, 2019
    • jkvalentine
      jkvalentine

Dear Behringer team,
      I'm waiting for support for Behringer products. Me and a lot of other people! Why does no one answer our support questions? We're paying customers - but no support for us means no money for Behringer in the future. It's that simple.
      Please treat us like people who are interested in your products and your success, because we are.
      Thank you

• December 14, 2019
    • jkvalentine
      MicroCheapFx Same here !
      It would be cool if you provide the blob and tell us how to update.
      • Feb 15
    • jkvalentine
      MacSlow

I too would like to update Behringer gear via Linux with a native tool/application. But knowing this type of "industry" (non-Linux aware hardware/gear manufacturers), I am not surprised Behringer/musictribe simply ignores the "native Linux firmware update solution". They got our money and that's that. Sadly we are the fools here. Technically it is no problem to develop a cross-platform solution for firmware-updating, which would work on the typical three platforms Windows, Linux and macOS from a single codebase. This is not complex or time-consuming, thus not cost-intensive. But like the people before me in this thread, I am sitting here with a RD-8 (firmware revision 1.3.5) thus bugs and so solution in sight. This sort of attitude of Behringer could have been ok-ish some 15 years ago, but not these days... not 2021.

• Jul 2
  • s_a_p
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-21

Hi everyone. I got tired of waiting for the US vendors to get the RD-8 in stock, so I ordered one from musicstore.de. I got my RD-8 this week, and noticed there was no sound from the headphone outs or the main mono output. Figuring that a return to Germany would be annoying at best, I opened it up to see if I could spot any trouble. Sure enough, it looks like there was a hardware fix soldered on to the output board. The solder job was botched pretty badly, and looks like the beads of solder are touching. There is a transistor on the board that also looks like it was burnned. It was burned badly enough that I couldnt see the entire part number on the chip.

So here is what Im hoping to accomplish. First of all Im not upset and dont feel like this is some sort of injustice. I understand that Behringer was trying to get these things built en masse and for a price point. So from that standpoint its all good. Other than the output board kludge it actually looks to be pretty solidly built and of good quality.  What I am hoping to get is a replacement output board for my RD 8 so that I can get that installed and get this thing working.

While I would like to do it on a reasonable time scale, Its not exactly an emergency as I own a real TR-808. I am keen to get started with the wave designer and the newer sequencer features though, I would even be willing to just outright buy this output board and not even mess with a warranty. Seriously, I want to be cool about this and just want a working unit. I have otherwise been super happy with the behringer gear, and have a K2 and the 303 ordered.(also will buy the RD9 as soon as available). So MusicTribe, How can I get my RD-8 fixed? working?

kludge1.jpg
    read more...
    0 166
  • Discombob
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-20

I start a pattern

claps will sound twice "dry" then take on a reverb from then onward.

i have seen this mentioned before - is it a firmware issue or user error.

many thanks

DB

0 595
    • Discombob
      KB

Hi, I am now looking for my 3rd RD8 since they were released. On the 2 I owned the problem you mention interefered with my usage, I just couldn't rely on the clap being there ready to play on triggering. And if you use the switch and toggle from the Clap to the Maracas sound on the same channel, If after 10 seconds with the Maracas sound you toggle back to the Clap, the Clap is non-existant for the first couple of triggers. This makes the Clap sound almost useless !

If this Clap 'Charging up' thingy existed on the genuine 808 I cannot see why Behringer would need to include it on the RD8. Its an obstacle to the device being used properly, a fault maybe ( But note that it wasn't an issue on the real 808 ) !

• December 5, 2019
    • Discombob
      Jedlines

I have the same problem, any fixes? / explanations? surely it can't be on every unit or everyone would be talking about it

• December 8, 2019
    • Discombob
      seangage

Hey there,

Im having the same issue with mine. I've had the RD-8 for about a week now. I hadnt noticed the issue until today... don't know whether it was there the whole time or has just started now...

Did you find a fix for this at all? Firmware update help?

Cheers,

Sean

• January 4, 2020
    • Discombob
      TMav

Well this is pretty stupid. If it was just the machine warming up fine. But every time a song starts the clap reverb is never ready to go until a couple measures in. It doesn't matter how long the machine has been turned on. What is that about?

• March 5, 2020
  • HeikoKnuettel
    Regular Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-30

Hi there,

I have an Elektron Analog Rytm that I want to use as master clock provider. Since MIDI is not that tight and the RD-8 has a clock input, I would love to use DIN Sync. The Elektron box can output DIN24 or DIN48 on a 5-pin-DIN-jack.

Does anybody know how I can wire that to the RD-8's TR/TRS clock input?

Thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 224
    • HeikoKnuettel
      HeikoKnuettel

*bump*

Behringer staff? Anyone? There must be someone out there who knows how this non-standard sync jack works?

• February 11, 2020
  • HeikoKnuettel
    2019-10-30

Come on, Behringer.

Since the wonderfully working Deepmind software EVERY synth or now drum machine software or firmware upgrade that comes out has some kind of "autodetect device"-routine at its start.

AND IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

Could you PLEASE dump that, and let users simply select the device from a list of all devices? It is no big deal. People are not too stupid to select the right device. People wouldn't even be too stupid if you would just provide a sysex file, a link to MIDI-OX and a short description.

It is REALLY frustrating to fumble around ages until the software finally connects to the machine.

read more...
    3 553
  • mkomon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-14

Has anybody seen the cheat sheets that were promised under Classic Beats RD-8 Episode1 video? ("The RD-8 Resources (cheat sheets etc) will be released to https://community.musictribe.com as soon as the RD-808 hits the stores.")

read more...
    5 837
    • mkomon
      zuur

Just watched the RD-8 video and came here looking for them. Fail.

• May 24, 2020
    • mkomon
      Vinorebello Wasted my money buying Behringer products with such a poor advisory service. ¿ Where is the cheat sheets?
      • August 5, 2020
    • mkomon
      redland4451 There is a cheat sheet at http://808.pixll.de/anzeigen.php?m=1045 Hope this helps
      • August 13, 2020
    • mkomon
      Bibeaux Still searching....
      • October 17, 2020
    • mkomon
      maille is there ..
      • November 12, 2020
  • stephanchauvel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-06

Hey there,

unfortunatly it is impossible for me to update my rd-8 with the new firmware. Although I installed zadik's usb-driver, the updater could not place the update.

So, what can I do now? I already installed new driver, I restarted computer, I followed the instructions in detail, but it failed several times.

Hope you can help me, cheers, Stephan

read more...
    2 701
    • stephanchauvel
      rvh

Same here but with Mac.  Downloaded the file and unzipped but Im getting the following error message:

“RD808 Firmware Updater 1.2.6” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Any suggestions as to what to do would be greatly apprictaed!

• November 9, 2019
    • stephanchauvel
      eagleman

Hi !
      I am trying to upload the latest firmware 1.2.6 from 1.1.8 om my windows 10 computer.
      I have followed all the steps in the manual
      The program "Behringer RD-8 Firmware Updater 1.2.6 WINOS.exe" confirmes RD-8 detected - click Update to start...
      When i click the Update buttom there is a Update faild windows that says Cannot communicate with the RD-8. Please check if you have the correct driver installed
      What to do now?

• November 15, 2019
    • stephanchauvel
      walkeracid

Well...I got mine RD-8 to update with Zadig but now it would not been seen in either Reason 10.4 or Presonus Studio One 4.6 It lays the driver not under "Sound-, Video-, game-controller" but under a seperate menu called "USB-devices"

• April 10, 2020
    • stephanchauvel
      JonathanMcElroy I have this issue also - why is there no response from technical support? A bit disappointing really. I have installed Zadig but don't know how to configure it. Does anyone know what driver I need to install? Thanks in advance.
      • October 25, 2020
  • HeikoKnuettel
    2019-10-02

Why? 

0 139
  • ClapTrap
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-24

I have a Problem with my RD-8. I can transfer Patterns to Sequencer (Hard- and/or Sofware). It works fine. But if i transfer a Pattern from a Sequencer in to the Rd-8, there is no BD in the target pattern. If i trigger instruments from an extern  keyboard, i can record all instruments until the BD. Can someone check that? Recording of the BD in the RD-8 works. I think it is an Bug in the RD-8 Sequencer.

read more...
    0 200
    • ClapTrap
      kris_

Do you use the sysex dump function to send the pattern, or do you just play it live and record the notes?

Did you check the note mapping of the BD?

• September 24, 2019
    • ClapTrap
      ClapTrap

I record in realtime with sync with the sequencer. The note mapping is correct. If i use a keyboard i can hear the BD, but it is not recorded. All other instrument are recorded.

• September 24, 2019
  • stan2000
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-19

Hey,

how do I extend the pattern while copying it?

If I have a beat and I like to extend it. After the extension the next bar is empty. For live purposes this could be a bit unhandy.

Thanks in advance!

0 176
Go to page