Statistics

227,661 members
102,430 posts
  • New
    guidop83
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-11

Hi, i've just purchased a Behringer RD8, connected it via USB to DAW Ableton and clock sync works great. (DAW is master clock)

My question is, i have USB master clock coming from my DAW into my RD8 and i would like to connect another synth from the MIDI OUT 5 pins port of the RD8 to the MIDI IN 5 pins port of this synth, is it possible? How do i do that? I have tried it, but doesn't work (the DAW sends clock to the RD8 via USB and works fine, but the RD8 doesn't send clock via MIDI to the other synth).

What can i do?

Thank you!

G

read more...
    0 30
    • guidop83
      JAMIE2 hi - goto settings, press 2, hit TAP 3 times and it says FWD usb to MIDI - select and then make the 5 pin connnection. :-)
      • Mar 12
  • New
    Pastal82
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-07

Hi,

I wish to trigger my RD8 using a foot device, midi ? Do you have any advices how i could do that

A bit like a start/stop foot pedal.

Thank you for your help :)

0 9
  • New
    RobertoF
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-03

Hi guys, it is possible to change pattern via midi in RD8?

0 32
  • New
    Nedreud
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-26

Just got my RD-6-BB yesterday and loving it so far. I had an original Roland TR-606 25-years ago and the RD-6 sounds as close as I can remember!

One thing I haven't worked out how to do yet is have a pattern length of 64 steps, which is clearly stated on the box "64 Step Sequencer", in the details blurb and even mentioned in the official Behringer intro video. I don't see any mention of it in the manual though.

So, what's the magic button/mode combo for 64-step patterns?

read more...
    0 28
    • Nedreud
      DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
      I regret to inform that the RD-6 is only 16 step. There was a mistake in the packaging design for the first run or so and the product was mislabeled as a 64 step sequencer. Even some retailers advertised based on the product packaging and not the product description from the Behringer website. Please let me know if this is a problem for you.
      • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        Nedreud Thank you for the confirmation, David. No problem, just checking I wasn't missing something obvious. I'd assumed it would be 16-step like the original TR-606 as the interface is so simple and similar. You might like to know that the "NAMM 2020 - Introducing the Behringer RD-6" video (https://youtu.be/39Wbwt34i3Q) which is on the official Behringer product page for the RD-6 states "...64 step sequencer..." at 1:40. And although not your responsibility, I found a few large online retailers, e.g., Gear4Music, still stating 64 steps in their info.
        • Feb 26
      • 64 Step Patterns on Behringer RD-6?
        DavidKnighton Hi Nedreud,
        Yes, I actually came to the same conclusion about a year ago. One user even posted a video and commented about it. I believe they wanted to make it 64 step, but in order to stay true to it's form, they pulled out and only designed with 16 step.
        • Mar 2
  • New
    DiegoCastanon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-19

Hello I aquired a Beheringer drum set last year, and tried to register my product in this site before, but the site was not working properly on that time.

Today my floor tomb stop working and I can't find any information here in Mexico on how to make warranty effective . Any help here?? 

read more...
    0 25
    • DiegoCastanon
      PedroRodrigues Hi DiegoCastanon in this case and considering that in Mexico any assistance is provided by the reseller where the unit was acquired, to proceed with this matter you must contact you reseller. Thank you
      • Feb 19
  • New
    jakevan22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-14

I can't get the flam to work on the closed hats since the update. why is this?

0 24
    • jakevan22
      NicJonesMT Hi Jake.
      Could you submit a ticket above and we can go through some trouble shooting with you and raise with the development team if required.

Just hit Support above and scroll down to the "TECHNICAL SUPPORT" Option.
      • Feb 14
  • New
    jakevan22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

I just updated my RD-8 to the latest firmware and liking the improvements... but now I can't get flam on the hi hats (or the closed hats.) It works on snare and cowbell because I tried those but not on hi hats or closed hats.  Why is this? How do I fix this?? Not sure if user error or bug.  please help!!

read more...
    0 22
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-07

Hello everyone! We made a review of the RD-8 using the newest firmware. We give a complete tour of the machine while showing lots of useful features along the way. In case the Behringer staff is listening: There's a section on bugs and some suggestions on how to improve placing rolls/substeps in there ...and we sure would like to review the RD-9 ;)

read more...
    0 67
  • New
    haleri
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-03

Buy RD-8

Install synthtribe (windows)

follow update instuctions (including zadig loader)

run RD-8 firmware updater (success)

re-run synthtribe

Synthribe drops back to update page and will do nothing else. Only button that works is the one that closes the app.

read more...
    0 48
    • haleri
      JoeRivers96 Hi, please follow the instructions below exactly:

1: Power on RD-8.

2: Start Synthtool. RD-8 must be recognised in app, click Get Start.

3: Click update in Synthtool App.

4: Power down RD-8.

5: Press/click pin into port next to USB socket to activate DFU mode.

6: Power back on while holding the pin in the port.

7: The update will start Automatically. (RD-8 will have a blank screen but wait).

8: Wait for RD-8 and/or Synthtool to provide instruction.

Failing this, please submit a case through the SUPPORT option at the top of this page.
      • Feb 3
    • haleri
      haleri Thanks that worked.
      • Feb 3
    • haleri
      dafraludom Didn’t work here - RD-8 not powering up and not recognised by the app. My MS-1 is recognised with the same Mac/app/usb cable combo.
      • Mar 20
      • synthtribe v2.4.6 connected to successfully updated RD-8 doesn't recognise update
        dafraludom Unit is still dead and no reply here on the forum and no joy with care tickets.
        • Mar 29
  • New
    michaelraphael
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-30

Hello. I am trying to connect my RD-6 to Reason. I have a USB Cable to connect to the laptop or Midi Cables via my Presonus 26c Interface not sure which to use. I am a beginner at all this stuff and not very tech savvy as yet. Could anyone help me through the process of getting my Drum Machine to work in Reaon. Thank You.

read more...
    0 28
    • michaelraphael
      PedroRodrigues Hi michaelraphael please consider that if you're doing this via a USB cable then I would expect Reason to pick up the RD-6 as a MIDI device.
      Click edit, then preferences, then go to the control surfaces tab and then under input devices you should see your RD-6 as an option.
      Make sure 'enabled' is ticked meaning that the external MIDI instrument will be able to see it when it's plugged in.

If you're using a standard MIDI cable then pick the Presonus as the MIDI device.

Choose the RD-6/Presonus in the External MIDI instrument (you'll find it in the instruments list in the browser) and if there is MIDI in the sequencer or if you have a sequencing device plugged into the note/gate ports in the back of the external MIDI instrument you should have everything working. I hope the image below also helps
      • Feb 12
Go to page