Statistics

207,529 members
79,611 posts
  • New
    sam08
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-07

Hello.

My RD-8 returned from service last November with an updated firmware (I don't know the version currently installed as the key combo described in the manual won't work) which I assume comes with the option to trigger a voice every time the corresponding voice button is pressed.

How can I disable it?

TIA

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    jeanLegland
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-05

Yo

I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.6 to the latest. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my Mini mac..

instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, powered the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. Synth tool lost connection and the Rd-8 never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashes the LED on the SIG lamp briefly when I try to power on the RD-8...

I think the RD-8 is broken.. Is there a way to fix this ? I already tried to work something out with Thomann where I ordered the Rd 8, but they said I had to try through this way. I still have waranty on this device, but I don't want to ship and wait for al that kind off hustle..

Hope somebody can hhelp me on this matter..

read more...
    1 20
    • jeanLegland
      jackvane007 Same problem
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      NicJonesMT Hi Jan Machiels.
      I'm Nic from the UK Support team.
      Could you please click support at the top of the page and open a new Tech support ticket and please provide the following information;

• How do you have the device connected to your computer? We always recommend connecting directly to your computer rather than an external hub, and also recommend removing any non essential USB devices.
      • Have you connected the device to an alternative USB port?
      • Do you have access to an alternative USB cable that the device can be tested with?
      • Do you have access to an alternative computer that the device can be tested with?
      • Are you connected to USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 ports? Please use USB 2.0 ports where possible, there is no advantage to using a USB 2.0 device in a USB 3.0 port and USB 3.0 ports can vary quite a lot, which gives differing levels of performance and stability.
      • Can you please detail any other devices that are being used in conjunction?
      • What is your precise Mac OS (I Need the version number if possible)?
      • Can you please check in the Mac System report for how the device is being recognised?
      • Do you have any other software open at the same time? If so please close it.
      • Do you have a similar device that you can compare the behaviours of?
      • Can you please provide me with a detailed description of how the device is behaving and any other trouble shooting steps that you have undertaken?
      • Is the Issue Intermittent or constant? If it is intermittent is there a specific setting that needs to be used to cause the issue?
      • Jan 6
    • jeanLegland
      mrevolver I'm having the same issue. If the RD-8 loses connection when FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS, then please CHANGE THE DIRECTIONS. This is unacceptable. What is the fix? I now have a dead RD-8. Thanks Behringer!
      • Jan 10
      • Behringer Rd-8 unit no longer starts up after latest firwire update..
        NicJonesMT Hi Mrevolver.
        As above, I will need you to open a technical support ticket with the above information and we can then proceed.
        • Jan 11
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-01-05
    0 29
  • New
    MartaMarz
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-30

Hello, I bought a Crave just two months ago, now suddently the machine cannot save pattens no more. I can't undersand why. I need Technical Support. How can I contact you? Thanks.

0 3
  • New
    DJMC_Phoenix
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-29

Has anyone else had an issue with the Behringer RD-8 turning on? 

It worked fine. I powered off. next day, went to power on... and nothing. I know power is reaching it, the "sig" light blips for split second, but nothing after that. no lights, no led, nothing.

I have only used it twice.First time was to set it up, do the update on firm ware. Second time I just used the trigger button to go through the bass, snare etc. and set the pot knobs. Very disappointed.

read more...
    0 6
    • DJMC_Phoenix
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi DJMC_Phoenix, if you have not yet done so I would recommend submitting a service request. This can be done by going to support at the top of the page and scrolling down to service, if you have already submitted a ticket and have not yet had a response please let me know and I will investigate further.
      • December 30, 2020
    • DJMC_Phoenix
      DJMC_Phoenix Thank you. Service request was made, and has been shipped for service.
      • Jan 12
  • New
    Tieske
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-23

Hi, after haven't used my td-8 for a while I wanted to use it again. I don't get any output from the main output. I do get output from the seperate outputs. Any idea how to fix this. last time I used it everything was working fine. 

0 8
    • Tieske
      DavidKnighton Hello T Gennip,
      The only output besides the MAIN on the rear would be the PHONES output on the top. The volume should affect both output types. If the rear MAIN output isn't working, you could have a damaged connector. Try wiggling the cable while connected to see if it makes even a small bit of contact. That could give you the answer. Beyond that, I would suggest opening a SUPPORT ticket for SERVICE REQUEST at the top of this page.
      • December 23, 2020
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-19

Dear Behringer Team,

on page 11 of the current RD-8 manual it says: "Make sure you store the song with the Auto Scroll on otherwise your song will not playback as programmed."

But there seems to be a bug in firmware 2.0.6 because the AUTO SCROLL setting is not saved and is always off when loading a song. This makes it necessary to always enter PATTERN MODE to manually turn AUTO SCROLL on before playing a song.

My RD-8 is updated to the newest firmware and I have already performed a factory reset. Can anybody confirm this bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, flam doesn't seem to have an effect on the closed hat.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    paulie303808
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-18

Hi

is there any way to control how much volume variation there is in the hit of the kickdrum? I understand that this is a humanise feature that randomises the volume on the rd8 but I would like it to be way less drastic. just a very small difference to each transient if possible?

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    elekkk
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hello, i use Mac Osx High Sierra with SYNTHTRIBE V 2.4.3.....i had already updated my RD-8 months ago to 2.0.2 without problems! Today I tried to update to 2.0.6 and it doesn't let me do it .... after about 5/6% it stops and doesn't update, an error message appears! The tragedy is that now my RD-8 when I turn it on DOES NOT WORK, the 16 STEP lights remain on but everything else is stopped, it seems blocked! HELP!

read more...
    4 118
    • elekkk
      Marland Me too - I’ve tried with iPad, MacBook and pc - rd-8 is not working.
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      cbellevie23 Same issue :(
      • December 4, 2020
    • elekkk
      ronniefingerz Same for me too.
      • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      cristian-79 same problem, I'm really sad, and I hope it can be fixed quickly
      • December 5, 2020
      • Behringer RD-8 firmware update Version 2.0.6 problem ! does not let me update, it is blocked !
        cristian-79 I have tried both with windows 10 and with windows 7 but nothing and an ornament now.
        everything is due that at the time of the update as soon as I pressed update it did not give me time to put the machine in DFU mode and the update started so it crashed almost immediately and now it tells me that it cannot update because the zadig driver is not corrected or things like that stopping at 3%
        • ·
        • December 5, 2020
    • elekkk
      an986L Same thing here on windows 10 home. I tried 3 different machines also and now RD-8 is a brick or doorstop you name it.
      • December 5, 2020
  • New
    VirtualDavid
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

My happiness with my new RD-8 has been somewhat tarnished by my inability to perform the (absolutely essential) firmware update..

On downloading the update app a stern warning appears and my Mac refuses to open it..

Does anyone have an idea about how long I'll have to wait to get the machine into a usable state..?

read more...
    0 16
    • VirtualDavid
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi David, could you please provide some extra details on the warning that is popping up? Is it similar to the attached picture?
      • December 2, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      ChrisEdwards1
      • December 2, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Thanks for your response Chris...
      • December 3, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Yes, the warning pop up looks very similar..
      • December 3, 2020
      • Behringer RD-8 - Big Sur issue -firmware app  issue
        ChrisEdwards1 Thanks for confirming David, I will go ahead and report this to our development team. In the meantime there is a workaround for this, if you go into your MAC's system preferences then to Security & Privacy towards the bottom of the page it should say the App was blocked, you can override this by clicking open anyway.

This will resolve the issue as long as the App is kept on your MAC as soon as it is downloaded again you will find the same error message will appear.
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid That did the trick..!
        • December 3, 2020
    • VirtualDavid
      VirtualDavid Thanks for your help, Chris..
      • December 3, 2020
        ChrisEdwards1 Hi David, no problem at all. I am glad this resolved it for you.
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid RD-8 now playing happily with TT78 & Moog Mother 32...!
        • December 3, 2020
        VirtualDavid Is it ok to do an IG post explaining this work round..?
        • December 3, 2020
Go to page