Statistics

198,652 members
69,534 posts
  • New
    Alex Schwarze
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-04

Hello, i use Mac Osx High Sierra with SYNTHTRIBE V 2.4.3.....i had already updated my RD-8 months ago to 2.0.2 without problems! Today I tried to update to 2.0.6 and it doesn't let me do it .... after about 5/6% it stops and doesn't update, an error message appears! The tragedy is that now my RD-8 when I turn it on DOES NOT WORK, the 16 STEP lights remain on but everything else is stopped, it seems blocked! HELP!

read more...
    2 16
    • Alex Schwarze
      Paul Marland Me too - I’ve tried with iPad, MacBook and pc - rd-8 is not working.
      • Fri at 12:18 PM
    • Alex Schwarze
      Chris Bellevie Same issue :(
      • Fri at 5:23 PM
    • Alex Schwarze
      Ronnie Mckell Same for me too.
      • 7 hours ago
    • Alex Schwarze
      Cristian Mauro same problem, I'm really sad, and I hope it can be fixed quickly
      • 3 hours ago
      • Behringer RD-8 firmware update Version 2.0.6 problem ! does not let me update, it is blocked !
        Cristian Mauro I have tried both with windows 10 and with windows 7 but nothing and an ornament now.
        everything is due that at the time of the update as soon as I pressed update it did not give me time to put the machine in DFU mode and the update started so it crashed almost immediately and now it tells me that it cannot update because the zadig driver is not corrected or things like that stopping at 3%
        • 2 hours ago
    • Alex Schwarze
      Robert Frazier Same thing here on windows 10 home. I tried 3 different machines also and now RD-8 is a brick or doorstop you name it.
      • 2 hours ago
  • New
    David Cracknell
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-12-02

My happiness with my new RD-8 has been somewhat tarnished by my inability to perform the (absolutely essential) firmware update..

On downloading the update app a stern warning appears and my Mac refuses to open it..

Does anyone have an idea about how long I'll have to wait to get the machine into a usable state..?

read more...
    0 9
    • David Cracknell
      Chris Edwards Hi David, could you please provide some extra details on the warning that is popping up? Is it similar to the attached picture?
      • Wed at 11:37 PM
    • David Cracknell
      Chris Edwards
      • Wed at 11:38 PM
    • David Cracknell
      David Cracknell Thanks for your response Chris...
      • Thu at 12:56 AM
    • David Cracknell
      David Cracknell Yes, the warning pop up looks very similar..
      • Thu at 12:56 AM
      • Behringer RD-8 - Big Sur issue -firmware app  issue
        Chris Edwards Thanks for confirming David, I will go ahead and report this to our development team. In the meantime there is a workaround for this, if you go into your MAC's system preferences then to Security & Privacy towards the bottom of the page it should say the App was blocked, you can override this by clicking open anyway.

This will resolve the issue as long as the App is kept on your MAC as soon as it is downloaded again you will find the same error message will appear.
        • Thu at 1:32 AM
        David Cracknell That did the trick..!
        • Thu at 4:10 AM
    • David Cracknell
      David Cracknell Thanks for your help, Chris..
      • Thu at 4:09 AM
        Chris Edwards Hi David, no problem at all. I am glad this resolved it for you.
        • Thu at 4:18 AM
        David Cracknell RD-8 now playing happily with TT78 & Moog Mother 32...!
        • Thu at 5:21 AM
        David Cracknell Is it ok to do an IG post explaining this work round..?
        • Thu at 5:24 AM
  • New
    John Langford
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-21

My RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode after update, please help 

0 37
    • John Langford
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi John Langford, in this case I would suggest performing a Firmware update on your unit that will help you on this matter.
      While the RD-8 is class-compliant on Windows, a unique Bootloader driver first needs to be installed for the device to be recognized by the firmware updater while in Boot mode. You will need to install a driver tool that allows the RD-8 to be recognized by your PC while in Boot mode. This procedure is only necessary the first time you perform a firmware update on Windows. Follow these steps to install the Bootloader driver. Mac users can skip this section and go straight to Perform a firmware update.
      Make sure that the RD-8 is in Boot mode before installing the Bootloader drive. If it’s powered on normally, the STM32 Bootloader will not appear in the device list.
      With the RD-8 turned off, connect it to your computer.
      Go to the Zadig driver installer page, and download the latest version.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Launch the Zadig software, click Options, and select List All Devices.
      In the dropdown box, select STM32 BOOTLOADER and click Replace Driver. The driver installation process may take a minute or two, so make sure not to disconnect the device or power it off.
      Once you’ve confirmed that your RD-8 requires updating, you can begin the update process. You’ll need to connect your device to the computer, download the firmware file on the RD-8 download page, and then perform the update.
      Disconnect all MIDI cables before performing a firmware update. Having MIDI cables connected, specifically to the MIDI IN port, may cause the update to fail.
      Go to the RD-8 download page and download the Firmware Updater for your OS.
      With it powered OFF, connect the RD-8 to your computer and then launch the updater.
      Press and hold the recessed Boot button located next to the USB port on the RD-8 using a paper clip (or something of a similar size) and power the unit on.
      The RD-8 does not light up while in Boot mode.
      Click the Update button within the Firmware Updater software.
      Once the update is complete, power cycle the unit.
      • Nov 24
      • My Behringer RD 6 is stuck in DFU mode, please help
        John Langford Hi there, thanks for the reply but I have an Behringer RD 6 not an RD 8, anyway I tried the above and it does not work.. my RD 6 is stuck with the red lights on and cannons be found by the synth tribe it just says loading when looking for the firmware
        • ·
        • Nov 24
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi John you are absolutely correct I'm sorry for my mistake, have you tried to perform a Firmware update via Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, please follow the link below to download this version and please update your unit to the latest firmware available. https://www.behringer.com/behringer/product?modelCode=P0EE0. Thank you
        • Nov 25
        John Langford Hi Pedro, it was the Behringer SYNTHTRIBE for Windows V2.4.3, that has caused the RD 6 to be stuck in DFU mode, all the red lights on and the yellow, Green, red light flashing... is there a way to reset the unit and try the update again.. I feel like the unit is broken... so sad
        • ·
        • Nov 25
        Pedro Rodrigues Hi John in that case please follow the link below to submit a assistance request for your unit https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
        • Nov 25
  • New
    Brandon Parmer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

I cannot get SYnthTool V2.4.2 to install update on my rd8, it say " no device detected" in the bottom right in green text

0 8
    • Brandon Parmer
      Kyle Johnson Hi Brandon, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please submit a technical support ticket for assistance. You can contact us directly by clicking on Support at the top of the page, then select Technical Support ticket.
      • Nov 18
  • New
    David Edwards
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-15

Hi All,

I have tried (+6 hours) all the steps to update the RD-8 firmware with no luck. I've tried to factory reset and remain on V 1.3.5. I followed the instruction given to replace/reinstall the driver with Zadig. I have reinstalled 1.3.5 and still my PC does not recognise the unit in the Synthtribe app. It is recognised on my Ipad but instructs me to update via a PC/Mac first. Please can someone help?

Many thanks

Dave

read more...
    0 27
    • David Edwards
      Andreas G. 1. Try a different USB port on your PC
      2. If 1. didn't work, try another PC

Also, I noticed that often you won't get a connection, when you connect the RD-8 to an USB Port or power it on while already connected, and the SynthTribe app was started already.
      What always works in my case is to 1) connect the RD-8 and 2) then start the SynthTribe app.
      • Nov 18
  • New
    Andreas G.
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

My RD-8 is on the latest firmware 2.0.4. Thanks a lot for that update.

Applying "flam" works on all instruments with exception of closed hh.
    When applying flams on closed hh, it simply does not have any effect.

Yes, firmware version is 2.0.4.
    Yes, I did a factory reset already.

Please let me know if creating a technical support ticket is required for that case.

Thanks

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Jens Neugebauer
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-10

Hi there,

I noted that the sequencer of the RD-6 is sending out midi notes for each instrument, except for the claps (should be note 39)

Will there be a firmware update to solve this?

Best regards

Jens

0 17
    • Jens Neugebauer
      Joe Rivers Hi Jens, i'll look into this further for you. Have you monitored the output through a monitoring software or is this in a DAW?
      • Nov 11
    • Jens Neugebauer
      Jens Neugebauer Hi Joe,
      both: its in my DAW (Logic) but I tracked this also with the "midi monitor" tool on my MacBook Pro: The RD-6 sequencer sends for all instruments (except the claps) midi messages properly. No matter which switch position Clap/Cymbal is used on the RD-6. This is also reported on the gear slutz forum and the amazona.de website. Hopefully this can be fixed by a firmware update.
      Best regards
      Jens
      • Nov 11
    • Jens Neugebauer
      Jens Neugebauer Hi Joe, have you found any news on that? Is there a firmware update for the RD-6 in the pipeline?
      • Nov 17
  • New
    Frank De Groodt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-01

Hi all, is it me (did I miss a setting??) or has autofill behavior changed in firmware 2.0.2?

In 1.3.5 a fill would play instead of the last bar of a pattern just like to original 808 did. After upgrading to 2.0.2 fills play after the original pattern. Can anyone confirm?

read more...
    0 12
    • Frank De Groodt
      Andreas G. I've noticed the same. This new behavior in 2.0.2 makes the the autofill pretty much unusable with patterns that are longer than one bar.
      • Nov 2
      • rd-8 autofill behavior change since 2.0.2
        Frank De Groodt Exactly. I’ve tried going back to 1.3.5 but didn’t help, assuming it was actually possible to revert successfully.
        • Nov 2
  • New
    Jean-Claude Dirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Dear Behringer Team,

I have found a bug relating to pattern chaining and pattern groups. I show it in my video review of the RD-6 in the "Bugs" section: 

https://youtu.be/mh1oDk6UN_w

The bug always happens after the RD-6 has booted, but after that it sometimes works as it should. Haven't quite figured out when. It has since also happened with single patterns (not only pattern chains), so maybe it is just related to pattern groups, not chains in particular.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 28
  • Virgil Scott
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

So... I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0.2. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my mac pro 5,1 (OS 10.13.4)- firmware update page opened, instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, so I power cycled the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. the synth tool lost connection and the unit never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashs the sugnal LED briefly when power ycled. The thing is bricked. Is there anything to do to recover this thing?

read more...
    0 38
Go to page