Statistics

223,683 members
97,900 posts
  • New
    BubaB
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-18

I cannot get SYnthTool V2.4.2 to install update on my rd8, it say " no device detected" in the bottom right in green text

0 24
    • BubaB
      KyleJohnson Hi Brandon, Kyle here with Music Tribe. Please submit a technical support ticket for assistance. You can contact us directly by clicking on Support at the top of the page, then select Technical Support ticket.
      • November 18, 2020
  • New
    Davethejedi
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2020-11-15

Hi All,

I have tried (+6 hours) all the steps to update the RD-8 firmware with no luck. I've tried to factory reset and remain on V 1.3.5. I followed the instruction given to replace/reinstall the driver with Zadig. I have reinstalled 1.3.5 and still my PC does not recognise the unit in the Synthtribe app. It is recognised on my Ipad but instructs me to update via a PC/Mac first. Please can someone help?

Many thanks

Dave

read more...
    0 69
    • Davethejedi
      graesserph 1. Try a different USB port on your PC
      2. If 1. didn't work, try another PC

Also, I noticed that often you won't get a connection, when you connect the RD-8 to an USB Port or power it on while already connected, and the SynthTribe app was started already.
      What always works in my case is to 1) connect the RD-8 and 2) then start the SynthTribe app.
      • November 18, 2020
  • New
    graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-12

My RD-8 is on the latest firmware 2.0.4. Thanks a lot for that update.

Applying "flam" works on all instruments with exception of closed hh.
    When applying flams on closed hh, it simply does not have any effect.

Yes, firmware version is 2.0.4.
    Yes, I did a factory reset already.

Please let me know if creating a technical support ticket is required for that case.

Thanks

read more...
    0 18
  • New
    inductor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-10

Hi there,

I noted that the sequencer of the RD-6 is sending out midi notes for each instrument, except for the claps (should be note 39)

Will there be a firmware update to solve this?

Best regards

Jens

0 34
    • inductor
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jens, i'll look into this further for you. Have you monitored the output through a monitoring software or is this in a DAW?
      • November 11, 2020
    • inductor
      inductor Hi Joe,
      both: its in my DAW (Logic) but I tracked this also with the "midi monitor" tool on my MacBook Pro: The RD-6 sequencer sends for all instruments (except the claps) midi messages properly. No matter which switch position Clap/Cymbal is used on the RD-6. This is also reported on the gear slutz forum and the amazona.de website. Hopefully this can be fixed by a firmware update.
      Best regards
      Jens
      • November 11, 2020
    • inductor
      inductor Hi Joe, have you found any news on that? Is there a firmware update for the RD-6 in the pipeline?
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    FrankdeGroodt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-01

Hi all, is it me (did I miss a setting??) or has autofill behavior changed in firmware 2.0.2?

In 1.3.5 a fill would play instead of the last bar of a pattern just like to original 808 did. After upgrading to 2.0.2 fills play after the original pattern. Can anyone confirm?

read more...
    0 27
    • FrankdeGroodt
      graesserph I've noticed the same. This new behavior in 2.0.2 makes the the autofill pretty much unusable with patterns that are longer than one bar.
      • November 2, 2020
      • rd-8 autofill behavior change since 2.0.2
        FrankdeGroodt Exactly. I’ve tried going back to 1.3.5 but didn’t help, assuming it was actually possible to revert successfully.
        • November 2, 2020
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Dear Behringer Team,

I have found a bug relating to pattern chaining and pattern groups. I show it in my video review of the RD-6 in the "Bugs" section: 

https://youtu.be/mh1oDk6UN_w

The bug always happens after the RD-6 has booted, but after that it sometimes works as it should. Haven't quite figured out when. It has since also happened with single patterns (not only pattern chains), so maybe it is just related to pattern groups, not chains in particular.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 55
  • heyvirgil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

So... I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0.2. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my mac pro 5,1 (OS 10.13.4)- firmware update page opened, instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, so I power cycled the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. the synth tool lost connection and the unit never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashs the sugnal LED briefly when power ycled. The thing is bricked. Is there anything to do to recover this thing?

read more...
    0 99
    • heyvirgil
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virgil, thank you for your contact, with that issue description we will need to look in to that in more detail, please follow the link below to submit a assistance ticket for your unit so we can help you with more tools https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 6, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Followed the process and the new update seemed to have bricked my RD-8. Is there any help for this?
      • November 16, 2020
      • RD-8 firmware update bricked my RD-8 help
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing that issue,we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      djegozanini I had the exact same thing ?
      • December 7, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Diego, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing this issue we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
        djegozanini I'll be waiting, thanks!
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats Hi Pedro, I sent my RD-8 back last month and a ticket was created. There's been no status change in 3 weeks and I don't know who to contact about it. I can't seem to find any kind of support. Can you please help me find someone to contact about my RD-8. Thank you
      • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan Can you please send the case number for this matter so I can help?
        • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, please confirm on your inbox as my colleague managed this matter on the 19/11/2020 at 21:32 and has send you all the information required including the RMA number and to where you should return the unit and he did not received any reply on this matter.
        • ·
        • December 17, 2020
        Rybeats Hi Pedro, I did get the email with all the RMA details and I shipped it accordingly to the proper address filled out with the RMA#. I saw the ticket was updated and figured I'd get a response back eventually. I will contact the customer quality service. Thank you.
        • December 18, 2020
  • musicintheair
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi Behringer Team

we looked everywhere at the internet and found nothing how to send Sys.Ex dumps from the Behringer RD 8 to the external hard disk and from the external hard disk to the Behringer RD-8.

We have tried to make a meaningful film, which you can show to your customers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=w-l17NWYMz8

Greetings

read more...
    0 19
  • KarlSpaeth
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem anywhere, but the machine's tempo is always faster than what I have it set at. I just got the machine the other day and was very excited with how intuitive the interface is, but the tempo issue has made it impossible to record with. I have had the midi-synch issue everyone posts about as well, including in USB. The tempo issue occurs even when I am just wearing headphones and playing the machine by itself. Just updated the firmware and that did nothing to help. I really don't want to have to exchange this for a different drum machine. Any advice or help will be welcome.

read more...
    0 28
    • KarlSpaeth
      JasonB81 Hey Karl - If you could click the support tab above and make a support Ticket we can do a deeper dive and look at possible service options as well. I suspect there a few things our team should look at here. Thank you.
      • October 5, 2020
  • robsteijger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hi Behringer,

I’m very pleased with my RD-6-LM but would like to suggest an improvement:

When selecting Pattern Write and clicking one of the 16 Step-buttons, it switches to the corresponding pattern when the beat isn’t playing. Wouldn’t it have been more logical if you could layout a beat using the Step-buttons, thus withóút pressing Play? This way you can program the beat based on the one playing in your head (presuming I’m not the only one hearing beats in my head; I prefer it wáy better than the voices I heard before). Selecting patterns should than only be possible within Pattern Pláy mode, not within Pattern Write.

Also, it would be nice if – within Pattern Write mode and when the beat isn’t playing – the Tab button would trigger the selected instrument, so you could tab an instrument before programming it.

Would this be an option via a firmware update or the Behringer software?

Thanks!

Rob, from the Netherlands

PS The BD combines awesomely well with the CH when distortion is on.

read more...
    0 34
    • robsteijger
      JasonB81 Hello - thank you for these great suggestions. I will connect with my synth team and pass these along. Also great to hear you are enjoying the RD-6. Thanks again.
      • September 16, 2020
Go to page