Statistics

227,658 members
102,427 posts
  • New
    inductor
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-10

Hi there,

I noted that the sequencer of the RD-6 is sending out midi notes for each instrument, except for the claps (should be note 39)

Will there be a firmware update to solve this?

Best regards

Jens

0 39
    • inductor
      JoeRivers96 Hi Jens, i'll look into this further for you. Have you monitored the output through a monitoring software or is this in a DAW?
      • November 11, 2020
    • inductor
      inductor Hi Joe,
      both: its in my DAW (Logic) but I tracked this also with the "midi monitor" tool on my MacBook Pro: The RD-6 sequencer sends for all instruments (except the claps) midi messages properly. No matter which switch position Clap/Cymbal is used on the RD-6. This is also reported on the gear slutz forum and the amazona.de website. Hopefully this can be fixed by a firmware update.
      Best regards
      Jens
      • November 11, 2020
    • inductor
      inductor Hi Joe, have you found any news on that? Is there a firmware update for the RD-6 in the pipeline?
      • November 17, 2020
  • New
    Sinan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-08

Hi guys, 

I would love to have some simple midi cc's implemented. My suggestions would be midi cc control of:

- decay of the open hat, bass drum, cymbal etc

- full range of velocity control

- tuning 

Just some ideas :) Was wondering if it would be posssible to implement in upcoming firmwares?

read more...
    0 28
    • Sinan
      john0121 Hi Sinan, Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this along to the development team for consideration.
      • November 8, 2020
  • New
    FrankdeGroodt
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-11-01

Hi all, is it me (did I miss a setting??) or has autofill behavior changed in firmware 2.0.2?

In 1.3.5 a fill would play instead of the last bar of a pattern just like to original 808 did. After upgrading to 2.0.2 fills play after the original pattern. Can anyone confirm?

read more...
    0 29
    • FrankdeGroodt
      graesserph I've noticed the same. This new behavior in 2.0.2 makes the the autofill pretty much unusable with patterns that are longer than one bar.
      • November 2, 2020
      • rd-8 autofill behavior change since 2.0.2
        FrankdeGroodt Exactly. I’ve tried going back to 1.3.5 but didn’t help, assuming it was actually possible to revert successfully.
        • November 2, 2020
  • New
    jcdirckx
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-11-01

Dear Behringer Team,

I have found a bug relating to pattern chaining and pattern groups. I show it in my video review of the RD-6 in the "Bugs" section: 

https://youtu.be/mh1oDk6UN_w

The bug always happens after the RD-6 has booted, but after that it sometimes works as it should. Haven't quite figured out when. It has since also happened with single patterns (not only pattern chains), so maybe it is just related to pattern groups, not chains in particular.

Thanks for listening!

read more...
    0 60
  • heyvirgil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-28

So... I downloaded the latest synth tool for mac, and attempted to update from firmware 1.3.5 to the latest 2.0.2. Opened synth tool, it recognized my directly USB connected RD-8 on my mac pro 5,1 (OS 10.13.4)- firmware update page opened, instructions said to put RD-8 into DFU mode, so I power cycled the unit whilst pressing in the pin in the holde next to the USB port. the synth tool lost connection and the unit never displayed the wait text on it's screen. Now it only flashs the sugnal LED briefly when power ycled. The thing is bricked. Is there anything to do to recover this thing?

read more...
    0 109
    • heyvirgil
      PedroRodrigues Hi Virgil, thank you for your contact, with that issue description we will need to look in to that in more detail, please follow the link below to submit a assistance ticket for your unit so we can help you with more tools https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request
      • November 6, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats I had the exact same thing happen to me last night. Followed the process and the new update seemed to have bricked my RD-8. Is there any help for this?
      • November 16, 2020
      • RD-8 firmware update bricked my RD-8 help
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing that issue,we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      djegozanini I had the exact same thing ?
      • December 7, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Diego, We have detected an issue on the synth tool that is causing this issue we worked non stop to resolve that issue and we have release a new synth tool that will resolve this matter. Thank you
        • December 8, 2020
        djegozanini I'll be waiting, thanks!
        • December 8, 2020
    • heyvirgil
      Rybeats Hi Pedro, I sent my RD-8 back last month and a ticket was created. There's been no status change in 3 weeks and I don't know who to contact about it. I can't seem to find any kind of support. Can you please help me find someone to contact about my RD-8. Thank you
      • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan Can you please send the case number for this matter so I can help?
        • December 16, 2020
        PedroRodrigues Hi Ryan, please confirm on your inbox as my colleague managed this matter on the 19/11/2020 at 21:32 and has send you all the information required including the RMA number and to where you should return the unit and he did not received any reply on this matter.
        • ·
        • December 17, 2020
        Rybeats Hi Pedro, I did get the email with all the RMA details and I shipped it accordingly to the proper address filled out with the RMA#. I saw the ticket was updated and figured I'd get a response back eventually. I will contact the customer quality service. Thank you.
        • December 18, 2020
  • graesserph
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-10-26

My RD-8 is on the latest firmware 2.0.2.

During my first test, I ran into one rather minor bug.

Applying "flam" works on all instruments with exception of closed hh.
    When applying flams on closed hh, it simply does not have any effect.

Yes, firmware version is 2.0.2.
    Yes, I did a factory reset already.

Apart from that, very solid firmware release.
    The sync is super-stable now, and also switching between patterns with different timings (e.g. 1/16 and 1/8T) behaves exactly as expected and without hickups.

Big ups for the page copy feature (was the most missing one for me).
    Also un-mute/un-solo all as well as autosaving steps in record mode are fantastic improvements.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

read more...
    0 30
    • graesserph
      jemabaris For me live recording with note repeats on does not work. Can you confirm this? Or does it work for you? I really wanted this feature bad and now it does not work. I might try a factory reset but I don't wanna lose my patterns or go through the process of backing them up. So maybe you can confirm that it generally works first? :)
      • October 27, 2020
      • RD-8 : Good work on firmware 2.0.2, but flam does no longer work on closed HH
        graesserph It actually does work. Unfortunately it's not that obvious how to use it, and the docs do not explain it.

1. Record or program some steps without note repeat enabled. Just a normal sequence.
        2. Then enable note repeat, let the sequencer run while record is active, and then play with the trigger button. This records the repeats to the already existing enabled steps. It does not enable steps that have not been enabled before.

To be honest, I'm unsure if this is the supposed behavior. Could also be a bug.
        I'd also have expected to record directly from scratch, without having to enable any steps first.

Maybe someone from Behringer can answer this.
        • ·
        • October 27, 2020
        jemabaris Does not work for me I guess it's just buggy and not yet functioning correctly. The only useful way to use this feature would be to just live record note repeats anyway. Without programming steps first.
        • October 28, 2020
        jemabaris Ok, weird. I just figured out that it actually (kinda) works the way you described it, but only for a note repeat of 2 and higher. 1 just won't work under any circumstances. I hope this get's a fix soon and works intuitively by just recording it in. That would be really great to quickly get nice syncopic patterns. I hope Behringer sees this soon
        • October 28, 2020
        graesserph It does work
        Keep the following in mind:
        1. Recording Note repeats affects only already existing notes = activated steps.
        2. An activated step triggers the sound 1x, which is the default and the same as 1x Note Repeat.
        When you now record 1x Note Repeats on existing notes that trigger the sound already 1x, then it's not surprising that you do not hear a difference. When you record at 2x, 4x, or 8x, the you'll hear the difference of course. And when you once have recorded e.g. at 4x, then you can record 1x over it, which will reset the repeats to 1x.
        After all, even if it's not what I call intuitive, I'm pretty sure that's how the developers want it to work.

One thing Behringer:
        Please, can you tell me where do you host this website? I don't expect high speed, but this site is unbelievable slow when called from Europe. Showing it up takes up to 1 minute, then showing the login screen another minute, then login,... another minute, and so on...
        • October 28, 2020
        jemabaris Ah yeah that makes sense. But then it also make this function not interesting to me. The homepage is indeed the slowest thing I've seen on the net for a while. I always get frustrated when I know I'll check back for a reply here
        • October 28, 2020
  • musicintheair
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-22

Hi Behringer Team

we looked everywhere at the internet and found nothing how to send Sys.Ex dumps from the Behringer RD 8 to the external hard disk and from the external hard disk to the Behringer RD-8.

We have tried to make a meaningful film, which you can show to your customers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=w-l17NWYMz8

Greetings

read more...
    0 21
  • KarlSpaeth
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-21

I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem anywhere, but the machine's tempo is always faster than what I have it set at. I just got the machine the other day and was very excited with how intuitive the interface is, but the tempo issue has made it impossible to record with. I have had the midi-synch issue everyone posts about as well, including in USB. The tempo issue occurs even when I am just wearing headphones and playing the machine by itself. Just updated the firmware and that did nothing to help. I really don't want to have to exchange this for a different drum machine. Any advice or help will be welcome.

read more...
    0 32
    • KarlSpaeth
      JasonB81 Hey Karl - If you could click the support tab above and make a support Ticket we can do a deeper dive and look at possible service options as well. I suspect there a few things our team should look at here. Thank you.
      • October 5, 2020
  • robsteijger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-16

Hi Behringer,

I’m very pleased with my RD-6-LM but would like to suggest an improvement:

When selecting Pattern Write and clicking one of the 16 Step-buttons, it switches to the corresponding pattern when the beat isn’t playing. Wouldn’t it have been more logical if you could layout a beat using the Step-buttons, thus withóút pressing Play? This way you can program the beat based on the one playing in your head (presuming I’m not the only one hearing beats in my head; I prefer it wáy better than the voices I heard before). Selecting patterns should than only be possible within Pattern Pláy mode, not within Pattern Write.

Also, it would be nice if – within Pattern Write mode and when the beat isn’t playing – the Tab button would trigger the selected instrument, so you could tab an instrument before programming it.

Would this be an option via a firmware update or the Behringer software?

Thanks!

Rob, from the Netherlands

PS The BD combines awesomely well with the CH when distortion is on.

read more...
    0 39
    • robsteijger
      JasonB81 Hello - thank you for these great suggestions. I will connect with my synth team and pass these along. Also great to hear you are enjoying the RD-6. Thanks again.
      • September 16, 2020
  • Bortch
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2020-09-10

Hello,

Thank you for your hard work.

On the TR-606, when in "Write Pattern" mode, it is possible to erase the notes of the selected instrument by holding down the "Clear" button while the sequencer is playing.

This feature is very useful to modify in real time the composed patterns.

Is this behavior expected on the RD-6?

Thank you,

read more...
    0 50
    • Bortch
      NicJonesMT Hi Bortch.
      I have just checked witht he development team and been told that this feature is standard on the RD-6.
      • September 11, 2020
      • Clear Button on RD-6 compared with TR-606
        Bortch Hello Nic,

Thank you for your response.

Is it to be understood that this is planned in a future version or should it already work? In the latter case, there must be a bug, because it doesn't work at the moment.
        • ·
        • September 11, 2020
      • Clear Button on RD-6 compared with TR-606
        NicJonesMT Hi Bortch. I have been told by the development team it is as Standard.

If possible could you open a Technical support ticket and provide a short video of exactlyhow you have the RD6 setup and how it is behaving.
        • September 17, 2020
Go to page