Statistics

196,674 members
67,301 posts
  • New
    2020-11-20

My mute button doesnt seem to work. However my solo button does what the mute button is supposed to do. 

Is there a way that I might have remapped the buttons without knowing?

The solo button seems to change tempo instead of solo

read more...
    0 6
    • Dave Ross
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi, I would suggest performing a factory reset on your unit to try to resolve this matter.
      Before performing a factory reset you should back up your data.
      The RD-8 uses SysEx messages to send and receive data to and from your computer. It requires the use of third-party software such as SysEx Librarian on Mac or MIDI-OX on PC. To back up your patterns, songs, and settings, you need to send a manual dump of the data. It works similarly to the Save operation on the RD-8, but instead, it will send the selected data as a SysEx message.
      For this please connect your RD-8 to your computer and launch the MIDI utility app for your OS. (SysEx Librarian on Mac, MIDI-OX on PC).
      Press the DUMP button and then press the TAP/HOLD button to switch to USB.
      If your device is connected to a MIDI interface, leave it set to MIDI.
      Select the data you wish to back up (song, pattern, settings) and press the DUMP button to send the SysEx message. Repeat the same procedure for each piece of data.
      Use your MIDI utility software to save the data as a .syx file.
      Resetting your Behringer RD-8 will permanently delete all user presets and restore the factory default settings. The procedure takes approximately 30 seconds. Be sure not to turn the unit off during the reset, as this may result in corrupting internal data. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset.
      Press the Settings button.
      Hold Tap/Hold and press step key 16. The display will read Wait.
      When the display reads Done, power cycle the RD-8 to complete the procedure.
      After this process is concludes you should perform a FIRMWARE update on your unit.
      Please follow the link below form one of our partners that will guide you on this process
      https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/behringer-rd-8-firmware-update/

I hope this helps resolving this matter.
      Thank you
      • Nov 20
    • Dave Ross
      Dave Ross perfect thank you that fixed the problem
      • Nov 20
  • 2020-09-27

Hi,

I use the RD-8 for 9 month now and I want to report what I think to be an interface problem.

I can't use the mute fonction of the RD-8 because my brain is constantly saying to me the flashing tracks are the muted track, then it's the opposite.

So I'm forced to use the solo fonction instead while it *hum* my brain compatible. So I'm cutting off myself the possibility of muting tracks.

I'm sure some people will be very confortable with flashing leds for active tracks and non-flashing leds for muted tracks, but I find it myself illogical and I can't get rid of it.

Is it possible to add a fonction to invert mute leds ? Even maybe in the Frimware updater to not overload the fonctions of the RD-8

Thank you for answer,
    with love from France

read more...
    0 12
    • Ant Mil
      Dale Minaker Hi Ant, I will pass your comments on to the design team but I am unsure as to how they could adjust this.
      • Sep 28
  • 2020-09-25

can anyone tell me  the email address i've got a behringer drum set i get the emails from musictribe i cant return them need help ?

0 23
    • billy kalkis
      William Reichling Hello Billy, I have emailed you again within the case you opened. In order for me to see your reply, please reply directly to the email you received from me and I should get it.
      • Sep 25