Statistics

180,559 members
49,326 posts
  • 2020-09-15

Does anyone have one of these? I can find no reference in specs about storing created voices.? 

0 6
    • Guyser
      Ronald Figura Because it can't. I imagine you can store sequences but the Crave doesn't have patch memory.
      • Wed at 10:47 AM
    • Guyser
      David Knighton Hello Guyser,
      as Ronald suggests, the Crave synth is not digital, except for the sequencer. The rest of the synth is fully analog, as is the majority of synths Behringer is releasing.
      • Thu at 10:51 PM
  • 2020-09-13

Hello peeps.

First time on here. Couldn't find an easy way to contact or the topic in search bar so starting it here.

Wanted to update my Model D. Firmware update seems to only be windows and the synth tool app will not install on my Mac. Included is a screenshot. Mac is new and up to date. Anything I am doing wrong or is it Uli's fault?

read more...
    0 4
    • rusche
      Dave Morrison It's just Apple's basic security. "Control-click" on the app from the finder and "Open" it. A dialog will pop up for you to "Open" it. This is only needed one time.
      • Sep 13
  • 2020-09-12

k-2 slow to react to key strikes. 

0 5
    • MrSammon
      Joe Rivers Hi MrSammon. What controller are you using here? Is this over MIDI? Have you tried with a number of different keyboards? How do you have your ADSR envelope set?
      • Mon at 5:06 AM
  • 2020-09-08

I've been a deepmind 12 owner for nearly two years now and ever since I got it I've heard a very discrete knocking noise coming from all of the audio outputs but it used to happen far less than it does now. It was never a huge issue until the past couple months because it happens so frequently I can barely record with it. The sound comes from the signal itself it seems and doesn't appear to be an issue with the actual outputs. It happens at random due to any function within the synthesizer it seems, it mostly makes the noise when performing any function of the synth whether it be a key, fader or button but it also can go off at random even while just holding a chord and not performing any other functions. I've heard someone else with the same issue describe the sound as a microphone being dropped which delineates what's happening to me. I would assume it's one of the converters or maybe some sort of relay issue but I have no means to fix it by myself, can't wait to hear a response! Thanks

read more...
    0 2
    • JooshDonalds
      Jason Brewer Hello. If you could make a service ticket here on community I can help you get it all squared away. Would be glad to assist .
      • Sep 9
  • 2020-09-04

Just bought a Poly D and have a few questions, If anyone could help out that would be hugely appreciated!

1)

How do I use the velocity + after pressure? Can you assign these to parameters on the Poly D (ie cut off or contour amount?) or are they just outputs for triggering other synths?

2)

I was hoping to output my soft synths through the Poly D (or model D) so that I could use the Poly D’s ADSR filter. How do I plug this up? I would like the ADSR filter to be triggered by note on and off’s rather than volume so that the ADSR functions just as it would as if I was using the POLY D oscillators, except I would be using my software synth as the sound source.

3)

Is there a way to use a sustain pedal with the Poly D?

Cheers,

Todd

read more...
    0 5
    • toddof1
      Joe Rivers Hi Todd - i saw your email this morning and have sent you a reply regarding this. Let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.
      • Sep 4
    • toddof1
      Joe Rivers For ref:

1) You can connect the Aftertouch and velocity outputs to the EXT CONTROL INPUTS labelled on the right hand side of the back panel. The maximum voltage from these outputs is 5v. So for example, you can connect to FILTER and control your VCF with the aftertouch. These messages are also sent over MIDI.

2) The best way to do this would be to route the soft synth audio through an audio interface and connect the audio output to the EXT AUDIO INPUT on the Poly D (This can also be done on the Model D). Every time a note is triggered, the audio will play and will be affected by your VCF and envelope parameters.

3) Unfortunately there is no sustain pedal input on the Poly D. You may be able to sustain notes using and external MIDI keyboard with a sustain input.
      • Sep 4
    • toddof1
      Ronald Figura One thing to remember about a sustain pedal on a synthesizer. It is exactly that. it will hold The envelope generator at its sustain portion. It will not act like a piano damper pedal which allows for the release and eventual decay of the sound.
      • Wed at 11:00 AM
    • toddof1
      Ronald Figura And one other technical point. The model D, poly D, MiniMoog, etc do not have ADSR's. They have contour generators which include the ADS portion but no specific unique Release segments.
      • Wed at 11:02 AM
  • 2020-08-31

Hiya,

I recently picked up one of the expert sleepers floating ring cables and wanted to try out the CV in through the pedal jack.

I tried sending CV from a clep diaz module with attentuation through Maths. It's plus minus 5 volts so should be safe. I set the foot pedal to expression and in mod matrix set expression to Osc 1 + 2 pitch at full range.
    I'm not hearing impact. I tried some other CV sources like 1v/octave from a shuttle control and simple LFO. Not able to get any change. I also tried setting foot pedal to footswitch and applying that in mod matrix.

Do I need to "Calibrate" the footpedal input for CV? If i try to calibrate the numbers range is much much lower than would be for an expression pedal but it never finishes calibration and applies a new range. Is there more information on how to do this properly online anywhere?

read more...
    0 5
    • craigspeed
      craigspeed Can anyone at Behringer help with this? I can't imagine I'm the only one whose tried to do this. I do think it's a great synth otherwise and I'd rather not return it..
      • Sep 3
  • 2020-08-31

How do i Migrate Previous Registered Products?

0 11
    • Carl71
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Carl 71 do you still have the POP of the product you wish to register?
      • Aug 31
    • Carl71
      Carl71 Yes they are all in PDF Format
      • Sep 1
    • Carl71
      Carl71 You want me to send them to you ?
      • Sep 1
    • Carl71
      Pedro Rodrigues So we can manage this matter please submit a case via https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket
      • Sep 1
    • Carl71
      Carl71 under what type subheading??
      • Sep 1
  • 2020-08-27

Pro-1 and Neutron don't play nice with each other, but both play nice with all other gear ! 

Hi, I ticketed support about the very peculiar and inexplicable issue i see using the Pro-1 with the Neutron - as of yet, i have only had a reply acknowledging receipt, but no answer to teh question as to whether it is a design issue or a hardware issue, it is categorically not a user issue, that's the only thing i do know - i can't even properly speculate on whether it's a mutual compatibility issue between these two related synths or whether the problem stems from one or the other.

Here's what i can't do - I can't get the Pro-1 to sequence the Neutron

We're talking simple Kybd CV and Gate Outputs from the Pro-1 running it's own sequencer into the Neutron's Osc1+2 and E.Gate1 inputs - nothing else, just run both with vanilla sounds

For me it doesn't work becasue the gate signal is somehow electrically lost, it can be measured via a voltmeter at 5V, but if the gate is used e.g. in a pitchmod capacity it serves around 3.5 iirc, now, it only takes around 1.5V to turn the Neutron gate on and the Pr0-1/Neutron combo does not deliver this successfully ... unless i also/inconveniently use the Neutron's Mult !! This suggests an electrical/other design issue.

Now here's where it gets weird, the Pro-1 can happily drive every other piece of semi-modular gear i have just fine and the Neutron can in turn be driven by every other cv gear i through at it, and it indeed only needs about 1.5V to work that gate

Now, the scenario of using the Pro-1 seq to drive the neutron is not my main endgame, i want to sync the Pro-1 LFO to teh Neutron in some way, so the 'free' gate is convenient for this, i want the LFO output for other things (in fact the LFO output in square mode works fine as that gate ! .. as does the Pro-1 Env output too ! .. it's juts the gate out which doesn't work at delivering teh voltage required, but ONLY with the Neutron ) - so both work flawlessly with all gear, but it simply doesn't work direct from Pro-1 to Neutron - Why ? ??? I have no answer, is this your experience ?

Can anyone confirm ? I am running both in their respective latest firmwares (so the recent Pro-1 env enhancement)

What's weird is that the Neutron will fix the issue by buffering the Pro-1 gate - but why is the gate failing to work, how has the potential of 5v been lost and is now failing to reach 1.5v - the gate outputs a serviceable voltage when it's directed as a Pitch Mod source - from my estimation it gives 3.5v or pitch mod (compared with a calibrated source)

This has nothing to do with powersupplies or cables or user error, it's a bizarre incompatibility between two family members .. the evidence points strongly at a design issue, because if it was hardware these two units surely wouldn't work flawlessly with all other gear, compared with 3 or 4 other pieces from various manufacturers - plus the Multimeter is showing that it's offering 5V

I can't decide where the issue lies, but i need to know if there's a fault in teh hardware that needs warranty attention or a design fault that needs rectification

Could anyone who owns both try this VERY simple test, it will take all of 2 minutes to test, if you don't want to use audio then send the gate to teh Neutron S/H clock input - that should then syncronize with teh LFO of the Pro-1 - if it doesn't, then use a patch cable into the Neutron Mult input and take the Mult out to the S&H Clocj Input (or the gate if that didn't work direct and you're auditioning them)

If it affects all units then hopefully it can be addressed more speedily, otherwise i need to explore resolving a hardware fault. Either way, it's been over two weeks since i sent this simple test query and i am none the wiser, it's really putting me off risking the same issues if a score a Crave which i am craving at the moment for all the sequencer fun ! There must be someone with access to these two units and two minutes to spare

Does it affect everyone with this pairing or does it point to a bizarre hardware fault that only manifests between these two sister products, yet works fine with all others (yet can be resolved by employing the Mult)

Has there been a board revision to the Neutron in terms of this or is it somehow wrapped up in the digital side of it and could be addressed in firmware ?

Any takers ? ... please !

: ) thanks avantronica

read more...
    0 5
    • avantronica
      avantronica The support team advised that this is an issue affecting all of the Pro-1 > Neutron joint users who do as I described above. The issue seems to be at the Neutron end, fingers crossed that something can be tweaked in the firmware to address this incompatibility - they also confirmed it was only between this particular pairing and both played well with other gear - strange one indeed and rather unfortunate that it's an incompatibility between two similar items from the same family - at least it is acknowledged as an issue rather than indicative of a fault or unique to only a few units, that bodes well for a fix
      • Sep 4
  • 2020-08-26

Hi, 

I've recently found out that on my deepmind 12 the square wave osc of voice nr 3 is seemingly not working correctly. The volume output of this particular voice is way lower than all others. When using only the sine wave there seems to be no volume difference though. I've re-calibrated the unit and checked on a default patch if the issue was gone, but unfortunately it's still present. I have no clue on what to do now. I hope you guys can help!

Greetings,

Tobias

read more...
    0 21
    • TobiasOpskeer
      Dave Morrison Is it oscillator 1 or 2's square wave (on voice 3) that is abnormal? If osc 1, are the other waveforms fine? If osc 2, does sweeping the pulse width modulation ever make this voice similar to the others? Since these are all discrete chips, I would recommend opening a support ticket (use the menu at the top of this page).
      • Aug 26
      • Deepmind 12 one of the voices square wave not working
        TobiasOpskeer Thx for the quick response. It's Only the square wave of osc 1 (on voice 3). Osc 1 sine and osc 2 are working fine. When I do the oscillator check in the calibration menu I also get a fail for the 3rd voice (see added picture).
        • Aug 26
    • TobiasOpskeer
      Dave Morrison Ow. That's looks like a job for Behringer Support.
      • Aug 26
    • TobiasOpskeer
      Nic Jones Hi Tobias.
      If possible could you please confirm the following;

Firmware version you are using?
      Have you tried a factory reset and does it still occur?
      Has this only recently developed or has this always occurred?
      Can you provide more information your setup (Connected devices, Power outlets{Using a strip with other devices for example} ETC)
      Can you confirm how you have the physical parameters are set on the Deepmind when this issue first occurred?
      • Aug 27
  • 2020-08-25
Go to page