Statistics

285,951 members
168,018 posts
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-26

Hermann was gracious enough to provide incredible support for the development of our Wave synthesizer, which is now in its final stage. We spent over two years of intense development to recreate the sound of this iconic instrument.

Here's what Hermann has to say:

"My first Impressions of the new Blue Machine. I've had the honor and fun to play with the beta of the upcoming Behringer Wave for some time now. Putting it on top of its great-great-granddaddy, the PPG wave 2.2, which it is currently modeled after. It’s a much smaller form factor, mostly thanks to the 4-octave keyboard. I'd have preferred the original's 61-key layout, but the 49 full-size keys are OK, professionals will have a big controller or master keyboard anyway. For most purposes, 4 octaves are enough. The smaller overall size is no problem; the controller elements work quite well - they are large enough, with enough space in between, (former) PPG owners won't need much time to readjust, newcomers will find it easy to work with.
    The display is quite similar to the original, the various pages (Analog, Digital and Tuning) look and work precisely like the original. I couldn't help grinning when I saw that they included the Mod Wheel setting on the Analog page in the same way I did in my V8.3 for the original, hehe... nice touch, Behringer;-)

The Program page is a bit different and doesn't have exactly the same feature set, while some things are implemented in a different way, like the relatively hard to use sequencer of the original. OK, back then, the complete operating system of the PPG Wave had to fit into 24k; a very tight fit. Oh yes, there's a little oscilloscope display beneath the main display. It works quite well.

Now regarding the most important part, the big question:

"Yeah, but does it sound like a PPG?" - I think they pretty much nailed it. I've played through all of the factory programs I know and love since many years, and it reproduced them dutifully and very much in an authentic way. Editing new sounds should be no problem to anyone already familiar with the PPG Wave, and the results match the original to a really high degree; complete identity is unreachable anyway, since each and every PPG sounds a bit differently, thanks to the analog chips and the "tuned by ear" filters. But it comes really, really close. Plus, it already got some features surpassing the original, and I'm sure more will be added over time, once the basics are fully working. The OS still needs to be fully completed, but the sound is already fully there in my opinion. Well, that's it - these are my first impressions on a new Blue Machine in my arsenal. Of course, a WaveTerm app is planned in collaboration with Behringer when the unit is ready for production. Really exciting project and I enjoy being part of this revival."

Collaborate with our synth developers, share your ideas and get a chance to win free synthesizers by participating in our activities at our Synthesizer and Drums Behringer Music Tribe FB Group. We’d love to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KeysandDrumsBehringerMusicTribe/

If you are a passionate and experienced mixed architecture hardware or embedded software engineer and would like to join the leading musical instrument team, please send your resume to [email protected]

#WeHearYou #MusicTribe #synthesizer #synthsforall #synthesizers #drummachines

read more...
    2 139
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-26
    Many of you have asked us to explain our design processes. Over the past decade we have heavily invested in "Digital Twin" simulation tools. This technology allows us to first design a product in a virtual world, before building a physical product. This advanced process improves design quality, tremendously speeds up development time and significantly reduces cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbeSmEdrrds

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Collaborate with our synth developers, share your ideas and get a chance to win free synthesizers by participating in our activities at our Synthesizer and Drums Behringer Music Tribe FB Group. We’d love to see you there!

If you are a passionate and experienced mixed architecture hardware or embedded software engineer and would like to join the leading musical instrument team, please send your resume to [email protected]

read more...
    1 126
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-26
    Movement MCS Percussion Computer MK2.
    read more...
    1 1
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-26
    Voice of the Customer:
    "Finally my DM12 got a new friend." - Henk Jan B.

read more...
    2 0
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-23

Voice of Customer: “When behringer puts out-of-reach classics into the working man's hands.” - Wayne T.
    read more...
    0 12
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-23

Some time ago we showed you a draft of our AKS Mini, a scaled down version of the VCS3 but with the exact same oscillators, filters etc. and of course the magic sound.

We received such great feedback that we decided to simply build a prototype. And here it is:-)

But we haven’t yet decided if we’ll build it and maybe we’ll keep it just keep it for ourselves - just kidding:-)

Retail price is targeted at US$ 99.

Of course the final unit will have the USB-C connector:-)

Collaborate with our synth developers, share your ideas and get a chance to win free synthesizers by participating in our activities at our “Synthesizer and Drums Behringer Music Tribe" FB Group. We’d love to see you there!

#WeHearYou #behringer #MusicTribe #synthesizer #synthesizers #drummachines

read more...
    1 270
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-23

Great news - SYSTEM 15 and SYSTEM 35 are now shipping from the factory, while SYSTEM 55 will come a week later.
    We know it has taken much longer than we expected, but we finally got the missing parts so we were able to complete the production. Hopefully we'll have some more good news soon:-)
    Thanks for your patience. Much appreciated.

---
    Collaborate with our synth developers, share your ideas and get a chance to win free synthesizers by participating in our activities at our “Synthesizer and Drums Behringer Music Tribe" FB Group. We’d love to see you there!

read more...
    0 269
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2022-05-23

We're super excited about our upcoming UB-Xa analog flagship synth. With 16 authentic VCO/VCF voices based on the original 3340/3320 circuitry, multi-timbrality, poly aftertouch and Midi Polyphonic Expression (MPE), and many more unannounced features, we spent more than 4 years of meticulous engineering and innovation plus millions of dollars to design this beautiful instrument. Great appreciation to all of you for your suggestions and critics, our many engineers for their passionate and hard work plus our beta testers for their very valuable feedback.

This now paves the way for many more poly synthesizers to come - all in line with Uli's to vision to make incredible instruments available for everyone. We're obsessed and probably crazy about synths, but nothing is more meaningful and enjoyable.

Thank you for all your patience and support. We know it has taken much longer than expected, but you all inspire us to keep going as you're the reason why we exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitEIzAsI7o

read more...
    0 202
  • New
    jym73
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

Hi,

Is it normal that it is impossible to change the speed of the arp or sequencer when tempo is sync from midi in.

Firmware 1.1.9. 

0 1
    • jym73
      NicJonesMT Hi Jym73.
      When using an external clock the Arp will then Sync to this. As far as I am aware there is no way of changing the speed when using EXT clock sources.
      • Wed at 5:13 AM
  • New
    ClubbersbyG85
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-05-21

Hello everyone,

this might be a silly question, but: can you find out what's the RGB for the color of a product? And if so, where do I look?

0 4
    • ClubbersbyG85
      Nigel67 Hi ClubbersbyG85. Have you raised a Technical Support ticket as they should be able to help you further. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket.
      • Mon at 11:17 PM
Go to page