Statistics

249,734 members
126,797 posts
  • MarcLaf
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-23

Sorry for double post - I posted in wrong forum first time.

I just picked up a Model D (shipped firmware is 1.0.7) and while playing with it last night using headphones out, I noticed that when the filter is set to high pass mode, both the filtered signal and unfiltered signal are being sent to the headphones out. I tried updating the firmware but the updater kept saying I did not have internet (yet I did) so I'm not sure if this issue is fixed in later patch or if I have a buggy unit.

I did not test to see if this was also on main outs yet.

Can anyone confirm this issue?

read more...
    0 118
  • RonaldFigura
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-21

I have the DM12 communicating with the iPad app (more on that in another post). Ilike the fact that in the Preset Manager the Category button  allows you to rename the User category. This can be done with a long press of the Category name (to the left of the "Favorites" select icon). On the DM12, the edited Category name is correctly displayed below the Bank/Patch number. But when yo go to the "write" function on the DM12 and select the category function and scroll away from and back to the edited Category name it comes up with a a potion of the new name and portions of the Category name from either side of it. If I populate the category name with as many letters as possible (it appears to default to 7) then the edited Category displays correctly when scrolling to it from the DM12 "Write" function page. Wonky! 

read more...
    0 114
  • mauronedj
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-09-17

Hi,

I have a question for all of you Deepmind Nerds:

How does Sends FX work?

I want to do this exact thing but I really can't figure out how to do that:

I want to map an FX send (a reverb) to the modwheel and use that when I want to send a sound that I'm playing (for example at the end of a phrase), you know like a send FX in any DAW.

The problem is when I put the modwheel down the FX also get shuttered, unlike how send/return works!

I hope this is clear enough!

Thanks in advance,

Mauro.

read more...
    0 72
  • RichardGA
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-13

Is there a library of Deepmind 12 patches and import files?

I'm wanting to find classic synth sounds, but haven't found a place where you can find them online.  

0 196
  • Oskoskosk88
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-13

Hi! I´m a guitarist who just ordered the Behringer K-2. What keys can I connect to it? I have a Komplete Kontrol A49, will this work?

Thanks!

Osk 

0 146
  • bmarcurella
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-11

I have purchased a few products. Motor 61 being one of them and cannot seem to get anyone to respond. Phones are always busy and no one responds to email. 

1) Is there any accountability around this? You need to get a new PBX and Contact Center at this rate because your lines should not be tied up like that. 

read more...
    0 163
    • bmarcurella
      KenMitchell

Hi Brandon ( @bmarcurella ), 

Welcome to the community.  Are you outside the US?  When I call the US Support number I get a message that tells me to go to the support website and fill out the support request form. 

https://www.behringer.com/brand/behringer/support#googtrans(en|en)

This now appears to be the only way to get technical support.  After filling out the form, you should get an email reply with a case #.  If you don't, check your spam folder.  The email will tell you that someone will contact you within one business day.  Be patient.  That time has been getting longer and longer. Several days and even weeks at this point.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• September 11, 2019
  • SynthGuru
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-07

When I backup my DeepMind patches to my computer, the load them into the DeepMind, all patches "pitch bend range" change to -22 and +22. Others have complained about this. What is the solution?

0 130
    • SynthGuru
      mauronedj

I have the same problem, I think both the Ipad and the Windows app are broken as far as saving and importing presets (tried with MidiOX and all worked flawlessy1).

There are a lot of tutorial for using MidiOX and it's even explained in the manual so you should be pretty much set! Only downside is that if you backup a whole bank (say bank B) you always need to restore the bank on bank B with Sysex importing!

• September 16, 2019
    • SynthGuru
      kensh999

I know this reply is a bit late, but the latest 1.0.5 application version DOES fix that issue, which is a big relief!  Thanks to the software folks at Behringer.

• February 1, 2020
  • EdmundoCassis
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-02
    1 119
  • askuse7
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-28

Hi everyone,

I purchased a Model D a few months ago and went through the calibration process and it is working great.

I let the Model D warm up for 30 mins before I use it, but I still like to check the tuning occassionally so I connected the Low output to a Boss guitar tuner, and when I need to tune I just power on the tuner, make sure only Osc 1 is on, then press an A note on my controller keyboard, and then use the Tuner knob on the Model D to correct the tuning.

This works well, except you can hear the A note when I play it through my speakers. Is there a way to do this so the note will not be heard so I can tune in-between songs when I play live? If I press the Main Out switch to off, will the signal still go out Phones or the 1/8" Main Audio Outputs?

Also the Model included 2 1/8" mono cables. Are they exactly the same? Can either cable be used for audio and CV connections?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 316
    • askuse7
      DaveMorrison

@askuse7 

How about an A/B switch pedal? Switch out the tuner when playing; Switch out the PA when playing.

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Dave,

That would certainly work, but I was looking for a solution that doesn't require any extra cables or footswitches, and I think I've found it.

I did a bit of research tonight, and I first confirmed the Phones output is completely separate from the 2 Main 1/4" Audio outputs, which makes sense. Next, I inserted a stereo 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adapter in the 1/4" input of my guitar tuner, and then connected a stereo 1/8" cable between the tuner and the 1/8" Phones output of the Model D. I then switched Off the Main Audio output switch. I then played an A note and the tuner recognized it no problem, so I now have a good working solution for checking the tuning without the sound being heard through my speakers.

I also checked the 1/8" Main Audio output as well, and it is not separate from the Main Audio volume control. If you press the Main Audio switch to off then the signal is shut off from the 1/8" Main Audio output as well. Unusable for silent tuning.

But I have a good working solution using the Phones output for checking the tuning of my Model D when I use it for live performance without it making a sound through my speakers.

Hope this helps anyone else wanting to do the same!

Andy

• August 28, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

Here's what I used to do with my MiniMoog... Took the headphone output of the Moog and ran it into a digital tuner that recogzed ANY pitch coming into it and showed the status of the tuning. Don't remember the make or model of the tuner, but it was cutting edge at the time (early 1980s). I powered it with a walwart so it could be always on. No need to mute the MiniMoog to tune because it showed whatever note I was playing. But if I needed to I could mute the Mini output and the headphone output would still supply an output to the tuner. I just had to be carefull not to drive the headphone output too hard or the tuner would "freakout". You can do this same thing on the Behringer Model D. All the functionality is there.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      RonaldFigura

PS- find a "digital chromatic tuner" This should work as I described in my other reply to your post.

• September 21, 2019
    • askuse7
      askuse7

Hi Ronald,

My Korg Slimptich chromatic tuner arrived last week from Japan, and it worked exactly as I had hoped!

Added bonus, it shows B Flat instead of A# and G# instead of A flat, so I can't make the same mistake I made last time

See attached pic for final solution.

Andy

Model D Slimpitch Tuner.JPG
      • September 22, 2019
  • RayDoetjes
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-28

My DeepMind12 started to randomly freeze up.

I have updated to the latest firmware 1.1.2, recalibrated even increased the default fan speed to rule out overheating.

Nothing has helped. The store reverted me to this site to make an RMA request. But I can’t find how to submit an RMA request to send in the instrument to be serviced. I have the receipt.

read more...
    0 244
Go to page