Statistics

234,330 members
109,996 posts
  • New
    stklein
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-29

Hi,

On the original Mono/Poly, inputting a trigger to the arpeggiator sync socket would advance the arpeggiator one step at a time.
    If you pair this with a gate sequencer like the Korg SQ-1, this would allow you to make irregular arpeggiator patters (with rests).

However, the Behinger Monopoly does not appear to work this way - inputting irregular sequences of triggers to the arpeggiator sync socket causes the arpeggiator to miss notes randomly.

Is this a known issue?

If so, can anybody suggest a fix?

Thanks

read more...
    0 65
  • New
    MisterTom
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-29

Hello,

Is there a way to downgrade the firmware on the Cat Synthesizer back to 1.01? I upgraded to 1.02 and I'm not liking the last note priorty that was implemented like the orginal 1.00 firmware. Does your company have the 1.01 firmware in a file and a way to manually install that past firmware again to the Cat Synthesizer? Automation-wise via midi recording software (DAW) it's not really an issue. Playing and recording live via a midi controller tends to run the notes together while playing the Cat Synthesizer.

I have heard that your dev team is working on a selectable on/off function in regards to the low note priority via the next synthetribe software version... And that is awesome to hear.. But I again wondering if your company had a workaround in the interim manually downgrading to 1.01. I'm right in the middle of recording an album for retail sale.

Thank You for your time and professional couresty as always.

Regards,
    Thomas Rawding (AKA: Mr.Tom)
    Songwriter/Composer
    Performance Rights Organization:
    BMI Inc.
    (CAE/IPI) #: 833986399
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Mr.Tom is an Aquila Strings Endorsed Artist:
    https://aquilacorde.com/en/aquila-strings-endorsers

read more...
    0 40
    • MisterTom
      NicJonesMT Hi MisterTom. Could you please submit a tech support ticket and we can try to advise you further on this. If you can provide full details of how your Cat is setup we can push this with the development team.
      • Mar 30
      • Request: Cat Synthesizer - Downgrade firmware
        MisterTom Nic,

I did sent a ticket, but I never heard back from anyone in regards to this issue.
        However, you can pass my Thanks to your development team and whoever else was involved.
        This past March 31st, with the new firmware version 1.0.3 and the "Duo Mode Note Hold" option that is now showing in the new SYNTHTRIBE software V2.5.0. That is EXACTLY what I wanted back like version 1.01!

I have that "Duo Mode Note Hold" option set to "off". And I can play fast scales and riffs with no notes being "stuck" from one note to the other playing and recording live via a midi control keyboard. Now I can continue to use this on my new acoustic album that I'm trying to get done this year. Thank You again to all involved.

Regards,
        Thomas Rawding (AKA: Mr.Tom)
        Songwriter/Composer
        Performance Rights Organization:
        BMI Inc. (CAE/IPI) #: 833986399
        -------------------------------------------------------
        Mr.Tom is an Aquila Strings Endorsed Artist:
        https://aquilacorde.com/en/aquila-strings-endorsers
        • Apr 5
  • New
    u262d
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-27

Dear Folks @ Begringer

It would be awesome if the nifty little sequencers on the MS-1 and the Odyssey had a performance mode with direct access to the patterns for live use (no shift+anything, ain't nobody got time for that on stage).

Here's my idea:

As soon as PM is activated (probably through some shift plus hold combination) the seq. buttons have new functions.

Hold, Reset, Arp etc are now bank select switches. Selected bank is visually shown on location leds.

The step switches now fire patterns 1-8 of each bank. Pressing 1 starts playback of pattern 1. Pressing 1 again stops playback. Pressing 2 while pattern 1 is playng plays pattern 2 as soon as pattern one has reached the final step. All play actions are or can be selected to be quantized to a midi clock signal. Blinking pattern leds could show patterns about to fire, like in the apc's.

< and > could also have some nice performance functions.

That would be rad. Thanks for your consideration.

read more...
    0 42
  • New
    audiognostic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-25

My k2 is functioning great but one issue im having is the tuning tracking on the oscillators seems to be falling flat, its worse on osc 1 than 2.. its noticable especially once i start making like octave jumps in my playing, I monitor it directly with a tuner and as I go up in notes, the pitch gets more and more flat.. I realize some small amount of this is normal in analog synths but I have also played with a Cat and have a Pro 1 and this is not significant enough to be an issue, but on my K2 it is a little bothersome where some parts sound a bit unpleasent or out of tune at times, its just a bit too much really, the detuning can be almost 15 c negative across one octave, especially seems to get worse in the lower octaves, so A 3 can be 15 c flat of A2. 

Is there a way to manually tune or calibrate this myself easily without voiding the warranty or do I actually need to send it in?  

NOTE: This also seems to happen more as I warm it up, particularly in the lower octaves, in the upper octaves it stays in tune but the lower octaves it really gets fudged after a while  

read more...
    0 71
  • New
    MishaTacke
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

HI,

I own a model D, K-2 (and a Neutron and a Crave) from behringer. However, I have difficulties poly chaining them.

My setup:

K-2: Set to poly mode enabled with 2 devices. (trough the app). Red light comes up on the K-2, indicating it is operating in poly mode.

Model D: set to poly mode disabled (through the app).

Connections:

Midi keyboard MIDI out --> K-2 In 

K-2 Thru --> Model D in.

(and offcourse both outputs of K2 and Model D to a mixer and into my speakers)

Problem:

What happens now is that any other note, the K-2 or the Model D plays. This is offcourse not what I want (or is this by design?).

What I expected:

I want the folowing poly mechanics: if I play only 1 note at a time, it will be always played by the K-2. If I play 2 notes together, the first note will be played by the K-2, and the second note will be passed on to the Model D. I thought that these poly mechanics were standard, or am I missing something?

read more...
    0 33
    • MishaTacke
      DavidKnighton Hello Misha,
      I believe what you need to do in this scenario is set the DIP switches on the rear of the modules to receive MIDI channels 1 and 2 respectively. Your keyboard needs to be set to OMNI mode. If I'm not mistaken, this will allow the first note to play on MIDI channel 1 (K-2) and the second note on MIDI channel 2 (Model D).
      • Mar 31
  • New
    drvague
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-24

Where can I find the right app to connect my deep mind 6 with my iPad?

0 34
    • drvague
      DaveMorrison The Deep Mind 12 app is supposed to work with the Deep Mind 6. While the app does lots of cool things, it ha lots of bugs. I think it still scrambles your programs (presets) if you use the librarian and has connectivity issues. Would be cool if they fixed the bugs.
      • Mar 24
  • New
    giosanta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-23

Dear friends, I would like to know if and how it is possible to add a module 172 to a model D in order to add the effects of the 172 to the whole sound of the Model D.
    Is it physically possible to take the Model D out of its package and place it in a package that contains the 172 or 911A and other modules? Is there any tutorial?

Thank You

Giovanni.

Italia

read more...
    0 42
    • giosanta
      RexBeckett Hi Giovanni, the procedure for installing the Model D into a Eurorack is explained on page 32 of the User Manual. You can download the manual by clicking on Documentation at the right of the product page: https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0CQJ

You will need a Eurorack that has enough space and power supply for the Model D (70 HP wide and +12V, 1000mA) and other modules that you want to use.

While the Model D has some patchable inputs and outputs, some of the signal paths are fixed. This may limit what other modules you can use with it.
      • Mar 23
  • New
    bernyboss
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-22

Hi, Can you please suggest me what kind of external pitch controllers can I attach to my Vocoder?

I noticed that the pitch adjust slider is different from standard modern keyboards. 

The vc340 seems to go from 0 to lower pitchs (not higer ones). From NORMAL to DOWN

OTHER MODERN KEYBOARDS HAVE A JOYSTIC TO GO UP AND DOWN pitch

Is there any way to do it in the vc340?

Maybe an external joystick?

Maybe by midi?

Please help

Thank you.

BB

read more...
    0 30
    • bernyboss
      Rusty1962 Hi
      • Mar 22
    • bernyboss
      Rusty1962 I have a Behringer MODEL-D which has packed in I think it may be the power supply it is out of its warranty so I don't mind paying for the repair if thats the case I love this module so really need it repaired if you can help or guid me to a place that would be fantastic....Regards Russell
      • Mar 22
      • External pitch controllers for Vocoder VC340
        DavidKnighton Hi Rusty,
        It appears you replied to someone else's post instead of creating your own post. For your situation though, I would click the SUPPORT tab at the top and submit a TECH SUPPORT ticket to get some assistance.
        • Mar 22
    • bernyboss
      DavidKnighton Hi bernyboss,
      First off, the VC340 is intended to be a classic recreation of the original VP330. This means that whatever features the original had will be near identical on the VC340. You can plug an external footswitch into the pitch control on the rear. The QSG says any standard footswitch will do. You could probably also find a midi device to use as well, though that might take a bit of setting up to work exactly how you intend.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    giosanta
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-19

Dear friends.

The prototype has a 44-key keyboard, impossible to find. So better a 37 keys or a 49 keys? With this last one, will the first 5 keys, not present on the prototype, play correctly?

Thank you. Grazie.

Giovanni.

Italia

read more...
    0 40
    • giosanta
      DavidKnighton Hello giosanta,
      I'm not sure what you mean by prototype. The Model D does not have a keyboard at all. You can use whatever keyboard you wish, assuming it has MIDI and/or CV. If you remove keys from a keyboard, it should still work in theory, but it could cause problems with the MIDI commands. I'm not exactly sure what you're attempting to accomplish, so sorry if I'm not understanding.
      • Mar 22
  • New
    Miitr0n
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-03-16

Hello everybody, on the Neutron's manual page 13 the supported MIDI note range is 24 (C1) to 96 (C7) but on the Neutron application the Key range is C0 to C6, do you know why? Also is there a way or a mod to extend the midi note range on the Neutron.

Cheers Tribers ;-)

read more...
    0 37
    • Miitr0n
      DavidKnighton Hello Miitr0n,
      I'm not too sure about the manual vs application. Will need to investigate into that. As for a mod, I don't believe that would be possible, at least not without a firmware update. It's possible the engineers decided it was better to have C0 - C6 rather than C1 - C7 based on customer feedback. If so, then they should have edited the manual to reflect this. I'll see if I can get a clear answer.
      • Mar 16
Go to page