Statistics

242,599 members
118,993 posts
  • New
    alehandoro
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-01

hi,

I have tried to connect the crave synthesizer with the wasp deluxe synthesizer, using the corresponding midi cable,
    watching videos and looking at the connection options in the manuals of both synthesizers and I cannot make them sound together,
    as for example, in the following video
    : https://youtu.be/g5Fku0xtN4c
    Will I be missing a step or configuration through the SynthTribe or SynthTool application?

read more...
    0 4
  • New
    CoogLFish
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-07-28

This is weird. When I connect the SQ-1 via its CV/Gate-outputs to the Crave's "OSC CV" / "ENV GATE"-inputs and set the speed on the SQ-1 to rather low, all notes are played on the Crave. Once I up the speed on the SQ-1 passing a certain level, all notes are muted. Connecting via MIDI works fine, as does my Neutron or my modular via CV/Gate.

If I remember correctly the issue didn't occur a few months back - before firmware 1.1.2 ...

Any solution to this?

read more...
    0 14
    • CoogLFish
      CoogLFish I found a solution - or should we call it workaround? - for the problem. The Crave's internal sequencer has to be in CV-mode for the Crave to be accepting faster notes from an external sequencer via CV. Why is that? As I mentioned before this didn't occur in earlier firmwares, and as you cannot change the syncing-options in the Synthtribe-app any more this even more annoying. Could one of the techs look into this?
      • Jul 28
  • New
    slr242
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-18

Hi. I'm not able to get my brand new Neutron to respond to MIDI.

I've tried sending it notes from:

• Arturia BeatStep, through USB via my Mac & also the 1/8" MIDI out direct from Beatstep > Neutron
    • AKAI MPK25, through USB via my Mac & also a 5-pin DIN direct from AKAI > Neutron
    • Roland D-50, via a 5-pin DIN direct from D-50 > Neutron

I've ensured that only the cable I'm testing with (USB or 5-pin) is connected.

I have a MIDI monitor running, and can see that the commands are being sent, and I've verified that the Neutron is set to the MIDI channel I'm using. The Neutron shows up in a list of MIDI devices in Reaper, so it's awake to some extent.

I've also installed the firmware update to 2.0.2.

I hear a constant audio signal from the Neutron; I can alter it by changing the LFO, overdrive, waveform shape, etc. I don't know why it's generating this signal when it's not receiving any input.

Thanks for any ideas!

Steve

read more...
    0 14
    • slr242
      slr242 Is there somewhere else I need to go to get support for this issue?
      • Jul 20
    • slr242
      slr242 Kinda disappointed that I got no replies for these issues; I found solutions on my own after a couple of days. In case someone else has these issues, I redid the config in my Mac's audio midi setup and that resolved most of the issues.
      • Jul 21
  • New
    hugoballon
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-13

Hello,

My Behringer Model D was working properly but the audio suddenly stopped sounding. With the project opened, without movement, no hits, just on the table, but stopped working.

The midi is received well, the beep sounds when turning on the A-440 switcher, but I can only hear it through the headphones.

The audio signal doesn't respond on Ableton. It seems like the audio outputs have some trouble.

I used the same Usb and jack cables that work with other synths. Also tried using midi cables, but audio still doesn't work.

Is there anything I could do?

Thanks.

read more...
    0 7
    • hugoballon
      Dale_M Hi hugo can we ask that you raise a Technical ticket from the Support tab above so we can assist you please?
      • Jul 13
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-07-09

“Modded Out” Analog Bass Line Synthesizer with VCO, MIDI-Controllable VCF and Sub-Harmonics Oscillator

From: $199 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#Behringer #TD3MOAM #TD3MOSR #TD3Series #SynthesizersAndKeyboards #Synthesizers #BassLine #Analog
    read more...
    0 37
  • New
    plumpnation
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-07-08

I can chain Neutron (2.0.2) -> Neutron (2.0.2) -> K-2 (1.0.4) -> Model D

I can chain Model D (1.1.1) -> K-2

I can chain K-2 -> Model D

I cannot chain K-2 -> Neutron

I cannot chain Model D -> Neutron

The neutrons have a different polychain behaviour; unlike the K-2 and the Model D you don't set the number of synths that will be in the chain, and each neutron that must pass the signal down the chain needs to be set to polychain. They can reserve 2 notes if they are in paraphonic mode, and the first note always hits the first neutron. On the K-2 and Model D, it's a round robin between the synths when you play the same single note repeatedly.

Are all these units compatible in polychain mode, in any order, with the firmware versions listed above?

If not, are there any plans to align how they work so that we can mix and match the units?

Thanks for reading, hopefully I am just being silly.

read more...
    0 16
  • New
    AnthonyEaker
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-07-08

I have a few Model D synths that were purchased new in 2018. These units have been connected and sitting on a desk in my studio since the day they arrived.

Today I was re-arranging my desk and needed to disconnect one of them and noticed that the 1/4" patch cable connected to the main out felt like it was practically glued in place.  When I finally got it removed I noticed the connector was severely corroded and pitted on the side that was not in contact with the TRS metal contacts inside the jack, but on the side that was touching the plastic inside of the output jack on the underside.

After seeing this I was concerned this may be occuring on the others so I disconnected all of them and found that out of 5 Model D synths, 4 of them had this same issue.  I've never had these units apart before, but decided I needed to figure out what was going on as I've never seen anything like this occur with any synth or other equipment using 1/4 mono or TRS connectors.  The other ends of the patch cables were connected to a Behringer RX1602 for the exact same length of time that they were connected to the Model D's and there was no issue at all with the RX1602 side of things.

What I found on the 4 that had this problem was that some type of liquid/oily substance was beaded up on both the low and the high TRS main output connectors, but only on the black plastic parts of the connector (outside and inside the connector).  It was even present in the threads where the nut/sleeve that screws into the connector that the cable end passes through such that the threads of that nut are also corroded.  None was present on the internal metal contacts except where the metal contacts actually touched the plastic. I've attached a photo to show this substance on the connectors as well as a photo to show the corrosion it caused to the nickel plating on the 1/4" cable end.

Of interest is that all of the PCB boards that the connectors are mounted to with this issue have a date code of '1752' (the actual synth PCB has a date code of '1804').  The one that does not have this issue has a connector PCB date code of '1810' (the synth PCB date code is also '1810').  This leads me to believe that perhaps the composition of the plastic of the TRS output jacks changed between those two batches or some other process that occurs during assembly that is responsible for this substance changed.  I have no idea what this substance might be, but it definitely appears to be coming from the plastic housing of the TRS connector itself or was otherwise on that connector at the time of manufacture.  The substance also appears to have an acidic pH (right around 6.8) using a simple litmus test.

All of the synths have been in a climate controlled environment from day one (temp never above 73F and RH never above 50%) so I do not have any reason to believe this is an environmental issue.  Also, this substance is only on the output connectors and nowhere else inside or outside of the synth.

I plan to open a support ticket on this to see if they will supply the power/main out module boards as a replacement part. And, if  they will not, I will try to clean these off with electronics/contact cleaner and hope whatever this is doesn't turn out to be something that will re-appear and lead to me just replacing the output jacks with new ones myself.

I've not seen any other reports of this issue, but it could be that others either do not leave their synths connected long enough for it to affect their cable ends or, like me, they've had their synths connected up for the better part of 3 years and just haven't noticed the problem yet.

If anyone has any input/ideas or has acutally seen this themselves I'd appreciate hearing about it.  So far the only other case of something like this (and it looked exactly like this issue I have) I've found via any Internet searches occured about four years ago with another manufacturer's electronic drum kit output connectors.  So I at least know this isn't a totally new phenomenon with music/electronic equipment.

Regards,
    Anthony

read more...
    1 55
    • AnthonyEaker
      AnthonyEaker
      • Jul 7
    • AnthonyEaker
      Nigel67 Hi Anthony. I am sorry to hear about your findings. I have checked our service portal and there is no mention of any issues with the jacks so this is something new to us. As you say, it looks as though something on the socket (plastic) is reacting with the jacks. We need to investigate this further. Please could you fill out a Technical Support ticket and include all these details and then we can pass on all the information to our Quality Team for further investigation. This can be done by clicking on the support tab at the top of the page. A new window will open. Scroll down and click on the Technical Support tab and submit a ticket. Many thanks
      • Jul 7
    • AnthonyEaker
      DavidKnighton That could be flux residue from the manufacturing process. It can corrode metals if not properly cleaned off. Some water-soluble flux residues are hygroscopic, which causes problems with electrical resistance and contributes to corrosion.
      • Jul 9
      • Model D output jack issues (corrosion)
        AnthonyEaker Thanks for the reply David. Behringer support got back to me almost immediately after I opened the ticket for this at Nigel's suggestion and they have taken great interest in this issue and how it might have gotten by QC at the factory. The first thing they mentioned was exactly what you postulate as well, most likely solder flux residue. It's actually much more acidic than I mentioned in my initial post. I originally tested with some old pH strips I had on hand that were designed for testing drinking water. After getting hold of some more 'full range' pH strips it shows to have a pH around 3 (slightly less acidic than white vinegar).

I am beyond impressed with the level of support I've gotten on this from Behringer and they are wasting no time in taking care of me and investigating how this may have gotten by QC in order to prevent it from happening again. It seems to be an extremely isolated thing so hopefully I'm the first and last case of this anyone will hear of.

I own quite a bit of Behringer gear and have had the odd support question that has always been answered quickly either by e-mail or here (or the old forum), but this is the first time I've had any type 'defect' issue like this and it's really great to see how well they stand behind their products.
        • Jul 9
  • New
    maxter
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-07-01

I'm having a REALLY annoying problem with my Gray Meanie...

When using osc2 and osc3 for modulating parameters in LF mode, I noticed that there was a "bump" or "glitch" consistently with each cycle, both for the triangle waves, and also the sine waves...

I searched and found a calibration manual, as I thought (hoped) it would be an easy fix by simply calibrating it.

But to my astonishment, and disappointment, the spike/bump/glitch WILL NOT go away by calibration. No matter which way I turn the SYMMETRY calibration potentiometer, the spike still remains... I tried the PURITY pot for the sine wave as well, but I believe it's derived from an inversion of the triangle wave, so that pot does not help with the spike.

I used a free VST oscilloscope, psyscope, that seems to be working right. I patched each wave directly to the LEFT INPUT jack, and L OUTPUT straight to my DAW and the oscilloscope, the pan slider 100% LEFT of course. No osc sync or anything, no other cables attached, no other connections, all sliders turned down.

Is my Gray Meanie a faulty unit? Can I return it for warranty, and have it fixed or exchanged? It's REALLY annoying and devastating for my sounds, I just can't have it like this.

Please Behringer, let me know what to do! If this is intended behaviour (though I'm quite certain it isn't) I can't keep it in either case. I have to get rid of these spikes.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

read more...
    0 23
    • maxter
      maxter in my post, the picture is of vco2 triangle, as I could only attach one picture, here are the others: vco2-sine, vco3-sine, vco3-triangle
      • Jul 1
  • New
    BrendanVoges
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Hi folks,

Yesterday i reviewed my Behringer model d, nut when i connect it they USB it plays my Midi notes about 40 seconds after i hit a note or sometimes not at all. Does anybody know how i could Fix this problem or is it a hardware problem ? 

read more...
    0 27
    • BrendanVoges
      DavidKnighton Hello BrendanVoges,
      A couple of things to check for. Firstly, make sure the unit firmware has been updated. Second, try another computer to be sure the issue is not a bad USB port/connection between the two devices. Check the rear panel to see what MIDI channel you're operating on. If your computer is sending a different MIDI channel, then that could be the issue.
      • Jun 29
    • BrendanVoges
      AlexisLedesma COMO PUEDO COMPRAR UNA PIEZA USB PARA MI RX18 NO FUNCIONA
      • Jun 29
    • BrendanVoges
      AlexisLedesma
      • Jun 29
    • BrendanVoges
      AlexisLedesma mi correo es 809 454 2648
      • Jun 29
    • BrendanVoges
      AlexisLedesma mi correo es [email protected]
      • Jun 29
  • New
    frequencysf
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-06-29

Hello. Very new here, please be gentle.

On the Crave, when switching from one saved pattern to another, as in a live performance setting, when I switch to the new saved pattern, the Swing setting always starts/resets to 4 or 5 "lights". What have I done wrong? I don't want to switch patterns from something with no swing, to a new pattern and have to adjust the swing while performing. A live performance just won't work with that kind of rhythm change.

I must be not making a setting correctly? Does anyone have advice, please?

read more...
    0 24
    • frequencysf
      DavidKnighton Hello frequencysf,
      It's probable that the pattern was created with the swing setting in place, therefore any time you switch back to that pattern, the swing is present. Try creating a pattern with the swing setting turned all the way down and then switch back and forth to see if that's the case. Also, make sure the firmware is up to date before getting too far ahead of yourself.
      • Jun 29
    • frequencysf
      frequencysf

Thank you @DavidKnighton! With your advice I think I was able to figure this out!

• Jun 30
Go to page