Statistics

268,230 members
147,787 posts
  • New
    SuNo
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-01-13

Page 12 or the Quick Start Guide, Mixer/Reverb Section, Label 42 MIXER OUT, I read

"This output is an additional Mixer output that taps the prewired Mixer connection which feeds into the Reverb circuit."

This looks like it should be "Use this input to route an audio signal into the Reverb". This was indeed the behaviour on the ARP 2600 (reading the doc, I don't have one!), and the behaviour when using the Behringer 2600.

[Edited after that Paul Vannatto replied - I can't seem to be able to reply further?]

Further to reply to Paul Vannato:

(1) what I described is exactly what happens. Try it with a simple patch, namely having all sliders in the middle raw at 0, reverb at mid-level - NO sound of course, as the output of the Mixer section is null. Now patch one of the VCO output (say Sine of VCO3) in the said Mixer Out; now Reverb's output can be heard.

(2) Look at one the patch from the ARP 2600 patch book (say number 33, but many of them have this): you can see a patch cord from the VCA output to the Mixer Out.

(3) If you look closely at the arrow over the Mixer Out plug, you will see it is an input to the reverb (direction of the arrow)

As a conclusion, the Quick Start Guide has an error.

Gilbert

read more...
    0 14
    • SuNo
      Paul_Vannatto No that is a "Mixer Output", not an input. The signal is tapped just before it feeds the reverb engine and is available as an output to an external device, such as an amplifier, FX engine, etc. If it was as you stated "Use this input..." it would be labeled as an input.
      • Jan 13
    • SuNo
      SuNo (4) On the ARP 2600, the Mixer Out is labelled as an input
      • Jan 14
    • SuNo
      SuNo (5) The German part of the Quick Start Guide says "Dieser zusätzliche Mixer-Ausgang greift die vorverdrahtete
      Mixer-Verbindung ab, die zur Reverb-Schaltung weitergeleitet wird." which translates (google) as : "This additional Mixer Output accesses the pre-wired one Mixer connection, which is passed on to the reverb circuit." So clearly the translation is inconsistent with the original (German).
      • Jan 14
    • SuNo
      Paul_Vannatto According to the 2600 product page
      https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DNJ
      and the QSG, the left jack is labeled "Mixer Out". So if yours is labeled input, it is mislabeled.
      The purpose of the Mixer Out and Reverb Out jacks is to provide the ability of mixing the pre-reverb signal (called the dry signal) and the post-reverb (called wet signal) in a desired ratio. This is used a lot with vocal channels where the dry signal is mixed with some of the reverb to get the desired mix.
      • Jan 14
  • New
    LmQl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-01-07

I am the happy new owner of a second hand Model D.  I have a keyboard controller that I'm using at the moment to trigger it via midi but it does not have the pitch/modulation wheels so I was curious if I had a synth w/ modulation and pitch wheels if the Model D would respond to them.  I'm impressed w/the quality of sound etc from Behringer but I wish they had built in these wheels as their absence is missed though I suppose it makes more sense to have these on they keyboard/controller rather then the rack unit. 

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    MC2Studio
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-29

Hi,
    Some time ago I started my adventure with modular synthesizers.
    At the beginning I decided to go with comprehensive solutions - I bought the PRO-1 and a bit later the Crave.
    Now I would like to put together something of my own "from pieces". And for begining few questions.
    The module descriptions include the Modular 15, 35, System 100M, System 500 series. Are they compatible with each other? Do they fit the same rack?
    I realize that a modular synthesizer is an endless construction ... but I have to start somewhere. What minimum set of modules should I put together to get a good starting point for later expansion. Should Pro-1 be treated as a closed whole, or maybe is good as a start for further expansion with new modules? Can the Crave somehow be "closed" in the casing of a modular synthesizer?

Any sugestions?

read more...
    0 8
    • MC2Studio
      OttovanZanten Sadly you can't mount the Crave in a Eurorack case. It's too tall I believe and it just doens't have a good way of mounting it. You can get Rack Ears for 19" racks so you can mount it near a Eurorack case and you can get various stands for it on Etsy and Ebay if that's convenient. I would keep it underneath the Eurorack case as it has a keyboard and sequencer and it can be convenient to keep it easily accessible. Personal preference though.

About the System 13, 35, 100, 500... The first 2 use an older S-trig standard instead of V-trig, so you need some modules that can convert between the two. If you want the Moogy sound I would recommend getting the oscillators and filters from the Moog-inspired series and the Envelopes and some other utilities from the Roland-inspired series. This saves you on a lot of hassle, converting between V-Trig and S-trig and just make life a whole lot easier. They are compatible, but the Trig thing is the only real issue as far as I know. I'm not really a Eurorack expert, I would recommend asking the same question in the Modular subreddit, they will gladly help you out.

If you already have a Crave I would say you have the minimum already. You have a full voice. It's hard to say what else you would need at a minimum, it's so personal. If you want a bunch of voices I would at least get an oscillator, filter, envelope, vca for each voice. And something to sequence several voices or 1 sequencer per voice. If you want a lot of generative capabilities you might want to look iat some of Andrew Huangs video's, I think he's done some video's about interesting sequencers that can get a little bit more weird. Maybe you want to do a lot of drum things, maybe with samples, maybe you want to generate different drum sounds simultaneously with synthesis. Maybe you want something like Plaits that has different interesting synthesis methods like physical modelling. You can make the system whatever you want, that's the beauty of it.

Personally I would experiment with some different things in VCV rack before diving in. It's very easy to get a lot of Gas and get a bunch of varied modules, but if you don't really know yet what you want you'll probably end up buying and selling a lot. If you don't have a specific purpose for the rig it's also an idea to get something like the Neutron that already gives you a lot of modular power and maybe when you play with it for long enough you start thinking 'if I had this module I could do this' and you can slowly start expanding from there. The Neutron (and pro-1) can also be rack mounted. Of course if you buy a lot of used modules you shouldn't loose all too much money, so you can also just... see what works for you. Or maybe go to a big music store and see if you can try a big wall of modular.
      • December 1, 2021
  • New
    PaulNeutron
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-21

I got my Neutron a couple of days ago. Very exciting, but after working fine, none of the VCF controls (including Noise) are having any effect. Also the LFO is only working through Attenuator 2. Am I missing something? Have I done something to disable the VCF and LFO? Beyond the general reset, is there something to be done?

read more...
    0 23
  • New
    Lindsay22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-11-15

Hello,

I received the Gray Meanie from Thomann in Germany at the end of October. Today I noticed that one of the LED sliders below broke off. Do you get a replacement for it?

Best regards,

Lindsay from Germany

0 3
  • New
    dmcurry
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-14

I recently starting building a Eurorack system, starting with the 100 series of modules.  I have recently discovered that the 112 Dual VCO modules were originally plagued by a tuning issue where they would not track properly over the full range of the oscillators.  Videos posted by Tim Shoebridge indicate that Behringer has fixed the problem in a newer release of the modules.  So far, I have only bought one 112 module and I haven't tested it fully to know if it has this problem or not.  I would like to buy more 112 modules, but I don't want to get them unless I can determine whether they are the original ones with the problem or the newer ones without the problem.  Is there some kind of a version number on the module's PCB that would indicate whether it is an old or new version?

read more...
    0 27
  • New
    jluminais
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-02

Hey gang,

I just got a behringer neutron synthesizer.  I have connected the output  to an amp, connected my midi keyboard to the midi input jack on the front panel, I have set the midi channel to 1 (all switches down) and set my midi keyboard to channel 1. I have set the miditrigger and keyboard sync buttons on.  I have configured oscillators to 8, I have no patch cables connected but my understanding is that the neutron standard routing should allow some sound out.

read more...
    0 32
  • New
    Behringer
    Triber Moderator
    2021-09-09
    MIX-SEQUENCER MODULE 1050
    bit.ly/BE-MIX-SEQUENCER-MODULE-1050

Learn More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnSeg_bVj40 

An authentic reproduction of the original “System 2500” circuitry from the ‘70s that can fit in a standard Eurorack case. The MIX-SEQUENCER MODULE 1050 allows you to rapidly select waveforms and signals via a conventional mixer format. Controlling and altering a sequence on the fly has never been so easy!

List Price: $149 (in stock and immediately shipping from our factory)

#Behringer #MIXSEQUENCERMODULE1050 #SynthesizersAndKeyboards #Eurorack #2500Series
    read more...
    0 66
  • New
    Abcd4
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-24

I'm going to buy the Behringer 960 sequencer. I have plenty of analogue synths with cv inputs. What else do I need to get the sequencer up and running to trigger the sounds of my synths in a sequence.

0 34
    • Abcd4
      PedroRodrigues Hi Abcd4 Please consider that the Behringer 960 the oscillator is a built-in clock that makes the sequencer operate.
      When you vary its frequency, you will not be changing the pitch of a sound but rather the speed at which the sequencer runs.
      To play, you push the Oscillator On button. To stop, you push the Oscillator Off button.
      When it comes to the CV outputs on this unit they’re not labelled as A, B and C, in pairs at the end of each row, the gate output is labelled Oscillator Output.
      Please take in to account that the 960 offers three rows of eight variable controllers with a flashing LED above each step.
      The user can set up these rows in parallel to generate three-note chords or it could play three different monophonic patterns simultaneously.
      To play 16- or 24-note patterns, you must have the 962 Sequential Switch module, as it switches from one row to the next as each comes to an end.
      • August 25, 2021
  • New
    Alexander420
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-08-18

Hi guys! Hope you can help me with this problem. My Pro-1 purchased on Musicstore arrived today and i noticed that the sequencer and arp do not work completely !! Even when I select the sequence 1 or 2 the sound disappears. I just don't understand what it can be and I don't know if it's a Pro-1 defect. I've tried various methods but none of them work.. I tried to connect it with ableton in external instrument, both in USB and with a audio interface with the midi connector, I tried to deactivate the polychain (the power led turns red and when I press a note it turns green skipping some notes played), I thought ableton was the problem and I connected the Pro-1 (midi in) to my td-3 (midi out) but still nothing. You try them all but I still can't solve it ..
    I can post photos and videos if it can help me. I hope you can help me.

read more...
    0 68
    • Alexander420
      PedroRodrigues Hi Alexander420, please consider that this information was provided on the case that you have submitter directly with the Tech support Team. Please use the case submitted to exclusively exchange information on this matter. Thank you
      • August 19, 2021
Go to page