Statistics

180,585 members
49,355 posts
  • 2020-09-18

Hi 

I recently acquired a used Voicelive2 and as I am configuring presets and "steps" I noticed that when changing steps while singing, the reverb sound seems to stop. I'm using the same type of reverb and the same settings in a single preset, the "steps" only modify harmony settings. Is there a way to prevent this? I can't believe that this magnificent piece of equipment has this kind of downfall...

read more...
    0 2
  • 2020-09-18

Hello!  I am a huge fan of the TCH voice processors, however, I am super frustrated with my VL Play.

I have a Surface Book 2 with the Surface Book Dock.  It is all USB 3.0 based both on the Book and the Dock. At one point I was able to connect my VL Play to the Surface Book and Use Voice Support 2 to manage my presets.

After a few major and minor windows updates, the surface book will not even see the VL Play. So of course, neither will Voice Support.

With the Play connected I have checked Device manager and noted that there is a problem with a USB Port Reset error when it is plugged in.  I have tried the following:

1. Disabled the errored item in Device Manager.
    2. Scanned for changes and re-installed.
    3. Checked the Sound Control panel to make sure the device is not disabled. (it doesn't show due to 1 and 2)
    4. I have tried restarting AND shutting down and powering back up.
    5. I have tried changing the order of connection with Voicesupport and the VL PLay.
    6. I have tried updating the drivers through device manager.
    7. I have tried updating the drivers through Windows Update.

Is there anything I can do. I loved using Voicesupport to do mass management of my presets for setlists and backing up large numbers of presets.  I currently am unable to do that or do firmware upgrades.

Thank you so much for your help

Dan

read more...
    0 2
  • 2020-09-17

I'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the (dry direct from the mic, post pre-amp) signal and the wet (effects) signal.  Can you turn the wet effects down to give the dry, clean mic signal more prominence, or vice versa?  As far as I can tell, when you turn an effect on, it's all wet and the knob adjusting the effect parameter turns up and down the intensity or character of the effect.

Is this possible, and if not, can it be a feature request for the Perform V?

read more...
    0 1
  • 2020-09-16

Voicelive2, Voicelive play have MIDI CC114 control message to bypass effects. I cannot find any information about bypass MIDI message in Voicelive 3 extreme manual. I've tried sending CC114 with 127 value but nothing happens. Can you help me, how should I bypass vocal effects using midi? Thank you in advance

read more...
    0 3
    • nkrcompany
      Pet Gerbil Can you activate the Tuner from Midi ? That would bypass the Vocal effects.
      • Thu at 3:25 AM
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        nkrcompany No, I can't because I don't know the midi CC of the tuner either. In the manual the midi cc list is too lightweight.
        • Thu at 3:28 AM
      • Voicelive 3 Extreme bypass via Midi
        Pet Gerbil Hmmm, The only other way I can think of is to maybe create a "Step" with all the fx off. Or,individually turn each effect off with seperate CC's. P.I.T.A either way. :/
        • Thu at 8:55 AM
  • 2020-09-16

I am wondering if this is possible and if not I would love to see this minor tweak made to the Perform V firmware update.

In order to edit an effects parameter you hold down the desired effect, it begins blinking, and the LED lights around the wheel turn on allowing you to turn up or down the effect and scroll through the different styles of effects.  After a short while (maybe 5 seconds?) the wheel lights turn off, the effects pad stops blinking, and the effect is no longer editable.  Is it possible to disable the automatic turn off and make it so the effect remains editable until disengaged by the user?  Is it possible to hold the effect so that the lights around the scroll wheel remain on and will stay on until manually turned off?  

If this is not possible, can this be a feature request?  Related: how do you submit a feature request to TC Helicon?

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-09-16

J’ai effectué une restauration du firmware de mon multi-effets TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 (VL3X) pour que mon VL3X soit reconnu par mon DAW et  par VoiceSupport 2.

J’ai tenté sans succès de mettre à jour le firmware à l'aide d'une clé USB et de VoiceSupport 2 

J’ai redémarré VL3X avec une clé en FAT 32 contenant le fichier VoiceLive3 2.2.00 Build366.syx et le VL3X n’a pas pris en compte la mise à jour, il est resté en version 2.0.00 BUILD 311 

Le fichier VoiceLive3 2.2.00 Build366.syx et/ou le VoiceSupport 2 ne me permettent pas de remettre à jour et faire fonctionner VL3X correctement avec mon DAW depuis la panne

J’ai trouvé le fichier VoiceLive3 2.2.00 Build366.syx dans le dossier TC Helicon de mon ordinateur. L’application VoiceSupport 2 a été rechargée et installée plusieurs fois par précaution. Le fichier firmware a été rechargé et booté plusieurs fois sur VL3X.

Merci de bien vouloir m’indiquer la procédure pour mettre à jour mon VL3X et lui rendre toutes ces fonctionnalités d’hier.

crdt

jd

read more...
    0 2
    • Dabrowski
      Nigel Turner I will get your e-mail address and set up a case for this as I have to send you a file that cannot be put on here.
      • Wed at 8:16 AM
      • Update impossible - multi-effets TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3 (VL3X)
        Nigel Turner I have just seen the case that you submitted and will reply on that.
        • Wed at 8:18 AM
  • 2020-09-15

I am wanting to use Voicelive 3 to have custom harmonies in some songs. 

In one song (Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again), the harmony starts a 3rd above, then goes a 5th above, then a 6th above, before returning to 3rds above. I am using the step function to move through these chagnes without changing presets. 

The problem I am having is that the key of the harmonies changes mid song. The key of the song is E, but when I go to the bridge of the song (on a B chord), the key of the harmonies changes to B. I have Natural Play turned off in the Setup (Global setting), but I can't find how to turn it off in the preset.

I think the natural play is causing the change of key mid song, but I can't stop it from doing this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks

read more...
    0 7
    • refrek
      Nigel Turner Hi, a colleague has mentioned that they think it is the MODE V1-4 settings within each preset that needs to be switched OFF. The default setting of MODE V1 is NATPLAY, and they think that is the reason why you are getting the change of key. Please let me know the outcome of changing this setting.
      • Tue at 9:07 AM
      • I want to disable NaturalPlay
        refrek Thanks Nigel. I actually see 5 settings in the Mode section (Natplay, Scale, Shift, Pedal and Fixed). I have Scale selected as I am using a custom scale inputted via the Map In Note option further down the Harmonies block. So yeh, NatPlay is not on. I checked after reading your suggestion. Any other ideas?
        • ·
        • Tue at 7:40 PM
    • refrek
      refrek I think I've figured out my problem. I changed all the non scale tones in each custom scale to 'No Change', and that got rid of the warbling. It also seemed to clear up the key changing issue too.

The Voicelive 3 is a fantastic unit, does so much, but the manual has to be the least informative manual I've ever read. It's like a sales pitch, doesn't actually go in depth into much at all.
      • Wed at 7:45 AM
  • 2020-09-14

How can I direct backing tracks to go out on a particular output, say on one of the 1/4" guitar jack outputs?

0 5
  • 2020-09-12

I seem to be having issues with the harmonies.  No matter where I set the slider harmony level, the harmonies are way in the background and barely audible.  I cannot hear them.  It doesn't matter was present I'm on.  I cannot find anything in the manual that addresses this type of trouble shooting.   What has happened. 

read more...
    0 3
    • Ann Spurlock
      kiskadar69 1.Check the value of the "Harmony" parameter on the "FX Mix" page (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 4).

2.Check the value of the "Level" parameter on the "Harmony Effect" page (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 15).

3.Check the value of the "Level" parameters on the "Voice Edit" pages (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 18)

4. (Hint) If you amplify the vocals in mono, set the VoiceLive Touch 2 to "Mono" or "Dual Mono" mode (see VoiceLive Touch 2 Reference Manual on page 59).
      • Sep 13
  • 2020-09-12

I have had the vl3x now for 3 days... and no matter what I do I cant get my guitar to go through the pedal with effects.. there is just no output... I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

I know the pedal has input from the guitar because the level gauge and the tuner work..and I've even heard the effects through headphones on loop playback but I cant get guitar through the output to the mixer...

Can anybody help its baffling me....

read more...
    0 3
    • Npsonic
      Pet Gerbil Have you got the guitar plugged into the right hole ? The bottom one,not the top,cos that one'll mute the signal. What have you got your output settings set to ? Can't remember which one,but one will mute the signal. Have you looked in the Mixer section(Twiddle one of the 4 mini knobs to bring it up) Nothing amiss there ? Have you got something plugged into the seperate guitar outputs, Cos that will mute the guitar from the main outputs.
      • Sep 12
    • Npsonic
      Npsonic I have infact now got to the bottom of it.... the thru guitar jack sensor had a fault and was constantly picking up a jack in there hence no guitar output through the pedal..... I wsdnt going mad after all!!! Thabks for the reply guys
      • Sep 13
      • No guitar output vlx3
        Pet Gerbil That was gonna be my next suggestion..."Are you going mad ?" heh.
        • Sep 13
Go to page