Statistics

253,568 members
131,136 posts
  • New
    onemanbandfl
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

Hi All!  Hoping someone can help me get out of the woods with this problem.

Turned on my setup to practice and am only hearing the effects portion of both the mic and guitar inputs, almost as if there was a separate effects channel that was being routed. 

After confirming it was the Voice Live Play that was giving me the problem, I tried switching output modes under 'Setup', but nothing changed. 

Also tried powering off and on, but nothing changed. 

Since I made no changes in the inputs or outputs, I'm at a loss as to why this is happening, but feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking. 

Thanks for reading ...any clues for the clueless?

onemanbandfl

read more...
    0 0
  • New
    Sault8487
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

Hello. I have the Harmony Singer 2, the Duplicator and Mic Mechanic pedals. What is the best way to route these? Also, am I able to use a combinations of effects from the pedals, or can I only have one active at a time? 

0 0
  • New
    malinwillen
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-16

Hi! 

I'm trying to control the harmonies with my keyboard using midi. It's working and I do get the signal, but it's quite unreliable. Sometimes it harmonizes the notes that I'm playing and sometimes it just harmonize on of the notes in the chord. And sometimes some notes are strong and some are weak. It's very frustrating and I don't know what the problem is. I would appreciate some help! /Malin 

read more...
    0 3
  • New
    RipChord
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-10-14

Can you specifically assign R or L output for guitar on te VoiceLive Extreme. I know you can assign backing track outputs/click outputs but my application involves using an acoustic and an electric on a splitter. When using the acoustic guitar with an acoustic guitar specific patch on the Voicelive 3 Extreme I'd like to send to an acoustic guitar amp and likewise when using the electric. The ability to designate R or L output would allow me to do this. Anyone know if this is possible?

read more...
    0 4
    • RipChord
      PedroRodrigues Hi RipChord, thank you for your post, please consider that regarding your question I will leave you below all the Output configurations for your VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME Output that can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.
      You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.
      Parameter settings:

Stereo:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.
      -The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).
      -The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.

Parameter settings:

Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.
      Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.
      The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to the front-of-house mixer and “the click” to a stage/ monitor mix or the drummer.
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      For a tutorial on PA basics, Yorkville has an extremely useful “PA Primer” guide (PDF):
      https://yorkville.com/downloads/other/basicpaprimer.pdf

There is also a great video episode covering Mixer Setup with TC-Helicon devices:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0AOtafIjs
      Regarding your last question the Guitar output please see the text marked in yellow as effectively you are correct, never the less to effectively provide you with you option regarding the output of the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME will only be complete with the information present on the picture below

I hope this helps
      • Fri at 12:46 AM
  • New
    carole
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Hi, 

i have this two units "voicelive rack and voicelive3  xtreme" and i try to reach a vocal sounds closed to

Rob zombi

Nine inch Nails

Marylin Manson

Do you have some ideas to do that with these units /custom presets  or with these incredible machines more other effects units ?

Many thanks for your  advices !

All. the best ! :-)

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Massim8
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-13

Hello
    my Voice Live Touch no longer lights up and at the Italian assistance they told me that the problem is in the motherboard which is no longer available. is it true ? Thank you

0 8
    • Massim8
      PedroRodrigues Hi Massim8, please consider that I don know what assistance partner you are referring to but Proas and Officine, our official FASC's in Italy are very competent and they contact directly with our Spare Parts department. On another point please consider that the Voice Live Touch as been discontinued for some time now so it will not be surprising that no Spare Parts are available. Thank you
      • Thu at 1:51 AM
      • Voice Live Touch / first version
        Massim8 Thank you Pedro. it's really a pity.
        • ·
        • Thu at 10:44 PM
  • New
    msciresi
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-12

I ran my Harmony 2 through my Delay Pedal and it doesn't work; no delay on my voice. I placed the effect aftrer thru as the video pointed out. When I record, the effect is on the guitar but not the voice.

Any ideas?

Mike

0 9
    • msciresi
      kiskadar69 This is perfectly normal. If you want to put a delay on the vocals, connect a delay pedal (such as TC-Helicon VoiceTone E1) to the XLR output of the Harmony Singer.
      • Tue at 1:27 PM
    • msciresi
      msciresi

According to your video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o679cveRth4&ab_channel=IconMusic) it shows that you put the effects after the instrument thru. So where do I route the output if I am recording with the unit. They demonstrate that the "thru" is the output by 1/4 jack. So I had it in my effects chain, either way there are two outputs the mic and the thru on the side of the pedal. So which output do I put into my recording unit or interface?

• Tue at 2:52 PM
    • msciresi
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi msciresi, the THRU output is for guitar/instrument signal only and will not pass the vocal signal, if you wish to add a delay to your voice you will need to do as kiskadar69 mentioned and add this to the XLR output.
      With regards to which outputs to use to connect to your interface, this will entirely depend on what you want to capture, If only vocals then you can get away with just using the XCLR output, however, if you want to record the guitar as well you will need to route from the THRU output also.
      • Tue at 11:10 PM
    • msciresi
      msciresi

Thanks to all for the info!

• Wed at 5:22 PM
  • New
    Sikoo786
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-11

How I set it up

0 9
  • New
    Pecakey
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-07

Hi everyone!!! I have TC Helicon SingThing almost two years,I think with no firmware updated(1.0.0.)...My problem is: When I want to tune my guitar on TC's tuner,when is on 440Hz, It's out of all standard tuners...It,s not a problem,I tune my guitars on other tuners,but my harmony intervals not OK,especially when i play,for example am9,dm6,or similar stuff...If am download new firmware,maybe things will go better!? Maybe my tuner goes in right 440tune,because I think that my singthing "hears"different harmnic structure than normal,and on that base he made,a non quite good harmony??? Need someone who can advise me...Help! 

read more...
    0 6
    • Pecakey
      PedroRodrigues Hi Pecakey, I would suggest performing a Factory Reset followed by a firmware update.
      Factory Reset: Hold the “Mix” and “Harmony” buttons while powering on. This performs a full factory reset including settings and preset
      To perform a firmware update please do the following:
      TC HELICON’s VoiceSupport 2 application connects you to firmware updates, new presets, and all the tools you need to save and load your customized SingThing preset packs.
      Head to http://tc-helicon.com/en/products/voicesupport-2/ to download VoiceSupport.
      Once it’s up and running, power up SingThing and plug it in to your computer via the supplied USB cable to access all the support and upgrade features for your product.

When it comes to tune your voice please consider using the Global Pitch Correction gives your voice a little bit of a nudge to the note closest to what you’re singing.
      In some cases, it can be subtle or an extremely obvious Auto-Tune style as you increase the level towards 100%.
      Some presets have pitch correction built-in; when you turn on Global Pitch Correct, it will be active in the background all the time.
      You must also take in to account that you can use the Pitch Effect that tunes your voice to match the notes in a regular 12 note scale more precisely and offers three parameters that you can configure: style, shift, and gender.
      Thank you
      • Oct 8
  • New
    WFKJ
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-10-06

I have a TC Helicon Play Electric, and I need to find a replacement rotary switch S1, mine has been damaged by a hard fall. Anyone know the manufacturer or part number of that switch? Or even better, where I can buy one? Many thanks. 

0 8
    • WFKJ
      WilliamR Hi there please go to the Support tab above and select Spare Parts so the team can advise you on how to order a replacement part.
      • Oct 6
    • WFKJ
      WFKJ

Hello again, Many thanks for the suggestion, I did just that! Now may I ask where I go to see the reply from my question there, I can't seem to locate it.

• Tue at 7:17 AM
Go to page