Statistics

186,434 members
56,166 posts
  • 2020-10-24

My PlayAcoustic unit came on with a blue screen only when powered up last night at the gig.

What is the solution for reloading the firmware into it?  I found a video on the SweetWater website,

however when I clicked on the link for the firmware/build version it wasn't there.  Maybe there is 

a solution that I am not aware of.  I DID get the unit into 'all lights blinking' Boot Mode.  That's as

far as I could get.    I'm stuck at that.

Thanks

read more...
    0 2
  • 2020-10-23

Hi, TC has so many different units incorporating vocal effects that it's hard to know which is best for singer/acoustic guitar. I can't afford $800 for the Voicelive 3 so I back ordered the Play Acoustic at Sweetwater. Meanwhile I see all your videos for that unit are very old (like 7 years) so I'm wondering if the Play Acoustic is old technology by now?  I was attracted by the "Acoustic" in the name but now I'm wondering if I'm going to get stuck, and maybe I should switch my order to a more modern unit before it's too late? Can you make a recommendation and give some insight as to which units are the most up to date? Thanks!

read more...
    0 8
  • 2020-10-23

I have a couple of questions for any vocalists or studios using the TC Helicon Voicelive Rack. 

If you switch effect presets while singing, will it briefly cut off the vocal signal while switching from preset to preset? 

I'm currently using a Lexicon MX400 for live performances that's being controlled via USB from a Mac and triggered from Digital Performer for preset changes.  Some of our songs require a preset change during the song for longer delays/reverbs.  I have also programmed a "dry patch" for speaking to the audience between songs.  However, when these preset changes happen, the MX400 briefly cuts the vocal signal off, creating a "hiccup" of sorts.  If I don't time it right when I speak before or after a song or place the preset change at the perfect time during a song, a brief muting of the vocals can be heard when the preset changes.

I'm looking for a new vocal effects unit with rich vocal sounds, robust features, and a multitude effects that can be layered. From what I've researched and heard samples of online, the TC Helicon Voicleive Rack unit is exactly what I'm looking for as long as this cutting off of the vocal signal issue doesn't happen between preset changes. 

It would also be optimal to switch presets with the TC via USB like I am now with the MX400.  I'm not 100% sure if that's possible either, so if anyone's doing it that way, please let me know.  

Thanks in advance,

Jason.

read more...
    0 3
  • 2020-10-21

Hi does the voicelive touch 2 output midi as in patch change ?

Thanks Ronny

0 11
  • 2020-10-18

Hi I'm New to digital Recording so please be gental when I don't get the technical terms right, I'm using Reaper as DAW, I bought my VoiceLive Touch 2 on E-bay abouit a year ago, I used it with a Boss RC 505 looper it worked great as an anolog device, now I changed to a DAW all other Devices are 24 bit and the Voicelive Touch2 is only 16 Bit which causes my DAW to pause or slow down for about 10 to 20 second... Using ASIO4ALL v2 to get all devices to work over USB... All Latency setting have not sovled this problem.. I'm using Windows 10 (If that helps)or will have to go back to the Anolog and use a cable which I'm trying to advoid...Does anyone have an Idea ? Thank You

read more...
    0 4
    • Abdullah Salahuddin
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi Abdullah please be aware that if you wish to use your VoiceLive Touch 2 as our sound card you will need to use a DAW that can run at 16 bits . The VoiceLive Touch 2 via USB offers a stereo input output using a 16-bit @ 44.1kHz, and 16-bit @ 48kHz sample rate. This means that to set up your unit with a DAW you will need to set it up as a stereo input and use the sample rate mentioned above. Thank you
      • Mon at 12:10 AM
  • 2020-10-15

Hi.

Ploease could someone respond to my case ref: CAS-144682-T0G1X5 which I opened 10 days ago.  I am trying to locate a spare part.

This is no urgent.

0 12
    • Stephen Marshall
      Stephen Marshall Now urgent
      • Oct 15
    • Stephen Marshall
      John Matthews Hi Stephen, I'll have a look at this and make sure someone reaches out today. Apologies for the delay.
      • Oct 15
      • Unresolved service case
        Stephen Marshall Thank you
        • Oct 15
      • Unresolved service case
        Stephen Marshall Hi John. Is the below suggesting that I order a part? Hi. The dial on the top of my unit no longer works. I felt a click and then it worked no more. Are you able to provide a replacement circuit board? I have previously enquired about this on ticket ref CAS-88398-X1W5B1 and was sent a link #googtrans(en|en)" target="_blank" title="https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)">https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en) which brought me back here. Please can you help me to source a replacement part Y32-00001-75577----Replaces TC part# 7E34001611 Old MT part # Q09-00001-62920
        • Oct 15
    • Stephen Marshall
      John Matthews Hi Stephen, My colleague Dani has picked up on your case and sent you a quote for the requested part. Check your inbox and spam just in case.
      • Oct 15
  • 2020-10-10

My Extreme 3 doesn't recognise a USB stick in the unit, I know it's formatted to FAT32 as I used my keyboard to format the stick. From the manual it's supposed to open up a window to download MP3's. I've put mp3's on the stick and can see them on the stick when I go to the backing track area through the store button, but when I try to download them it says they're being downloaded, and when I go to the backing track area, using the Looper button it says there are no downloads. Most MP3's I have are 44.1Khz so I modified a couple to 48k as the manual says and it still doesn't work. I have just made a 48K, 16 Bit .wav file and sitll have the same problem. I've also tried resetting the unit to factory settings and all that done was remove the settings in the unit but still the same problem. Does anyone else have the same problem and were you able to fix it?

read more...
    0 6
    • Michael Morrissey
      Pet Gerbil Some sticks don't work. Nobody really knows why, There have been suggestions on ways to make them work, but every suggestion I've tried to make a non working one work, hasn't worked. The only thing to do is try a different USB stick. There seems to be no hard and fast rule, some work,some don't. Most do though, I've got a "Sandisk 32G" and a "Toshiba 32G (might be 16G)" That both work if that's any help. :) (When I say they don't work, I mean they're not recognised by my VL3. Dunno about a VL3X.)
      • Oct 10
      • TC Helicon Extreme 3 not recognising a USB stick and not storing MP3 or Wave files
        Michael Morrissey Thanks for your suggestions, I fixed the problem by updating my firmware, it now recognizes the stick but still doesn't go straight to put the MP3's on the VL3X, but at least now I can get them on the machine. I also found a YouTube video on how to put the backing tracks on the VL3X and that helped a lot too. Thanks again
        • Oct 10
      • TC Helicon Extreme 3 not recognising a USB stick and not storing MP3 or Wave files
        Michael Morrissey For those sticks that didn't work did you check they were formatted to FAT32?
        • Oct 10
        Pet Gerbil Yep, FAT32. There was a whole thread on the old forum with things to try. I tried 'em all. But it was only one stick that didn't work,so i used a different one. Glad you've sorted it. (as a side suggestion, have you got the files in the ROOT directory of the stick ? as I say, I've only got a VL3 so I don't know about where backing tracks have got to go, but the VL3's loops have to be in a "VL3_loops" folder or they won't be seen.)
        • Oct 11
  • 2020-10-08

Is there a way for me to get a 100% wet reverb sound by removing the dry signal? If not, is this something you could take on as a feature request? In my use case it would be ideal to map the dry level and/or wet level to a foot pedal too. Having this on other FX too would be really nice.

read more...
    0 11
    • Alan Allard
      Pedro Rodrigues Hi thank you for your contact, please be aware that the VOICE LIVE 3 EXTREME allows the following output modes as per pictures below
      • Oct 8
    • Alan Allard
      Alan Allard Thanks, but I have the manual. I'm asking about the signal in all those marked "with FX". Is it possible to completely remove the dry signal for reverb in that signal?
      • Oct 9
    • Alan Allard
      kiskadar69 Set "SETUP / Output / XLR Output Mode" to "Mono". In "Mono" mode, the Left output is the summed mono mix including effects and the Right output is dry. This is useful when a live sound engineer wants to control the balance of wet/dry mix at the mix position. In this case, set "SETUP / INPUT / Lead Mute" to "On" (this removes the dry signal from the summed mono mix).
      • Oct 11
    • Alan Allard
      kiskadar69 If you set VoiceLive 3 to Stereo mode and Lead Mute to On, you must extract the dry signal in some way before VoiceLive 3.
      • Oct 11
  • 2020-10-06

I've been using a Perform VG and rely on the overall output level control. Doesn't seem to be a function on the Perform V. Possible as an update?

0 5
    • Martin Taylor
      Leah from Music Tribe Hello Martin,

The Perform-V's output relies on the input level of your source:, the microphone you have attached to your MIC IN. After setting the Gain (Mic Set) properly, as long as you've sung your loudest and your signal is a good, strong level, your should hear your output.

Since the Perform-V has a MIC OUT, the device outputs in microphone level too. This means that when you connect the Perform-V's output to the next device, it's as if you're connecting just a microphone. Make sure you use the preamp of your mixer or audio interface to amplify the signal for this connection. This will ensure that the signal is loud enough to be heard through your PA or strong enough to be recorded into your recording software.

In regards to an update, it doesn't seem like the Perform series will be getting updates any time soon. Nevertheless, if you need to run any updates, you can do so using VoiceSupport 2. If an update becomes available, you will find in in VS2.

I hope this helps. Thanks!
      • Oct 6
  • 2020-10-06

Which TC Vocal unit has the most advanced and adjustable Harmony section?

0 10
Go to page