Statistics

216,312 members
89,521 posts
  • New
    roxu7roxu
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my pedal, I choose a favorite and seconds after I am singing it changes automatically from one preset to another... anyone has a clue how to solve this???

0 8
    • roxu7roxu
      NicJonesMT Hi Roxu.
      Have you tried reflashing the FW through the VoiceSupport application?
      Other things I would recommend checking it that the front of the unit is clean and there are no coverings on itand that you are using the correct power supply.

Can you let me know if reflashing the FW resolves the issue?
      • Feb 14
      • TC HELICON VOICELIVE TOUCH 1
        roxu7roxu of course I will try it later and let u know, I have not connected the pedal to the computer yet since i boughth the pedal,, its just a usb cable that I need?
        • Feb 14
      • TC HELICON VOICELIVE TOUCH 1
        roxu7roxu I SOLVED THE PROBLEM THANKS 4 UR HELP
        • Feb 15
  • New
    rcrome1
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

I have downloaded the software to my Mac, connected my Perform VE to my laptop successfully , but I don't know how to get any of the free preset packages. How do I connect Voice Support to the Cloud? 

Thanks

0 13
    • rcrome1
      PedroRodrigues Hi, rcrome1 please consider this is where you’ll find any “online” presets that are available. Each device will have a different set of presets depending on what’s been released to date. Please confirm that you computer has a internet connection.
      You may drag a cloud preset pack directly to the Backups area to create your own local copy of it. This allows you to rename or reorder presets, something you can’t do directly to the Cloud based presets.
      When you first synchronize, you’ll see a list of presets that are currently on your TC-Helicon device. The presets have various icons and colours that show both types of presets and their state.
      The name of the preset area will change depending on what you have selected on the Browser side of the screen.
      • Workspace – the presets most recently synchronized with your device
      • Backups – If you click the “parent” or top-most Backups button, you’ll see icons that show all backups and/or backup groups, like the group in the earlier example
      You may double click on a Backup Group to “dig” deeper and expose any individual backups within that group.
      • Feb 18
      • How do I connect my Voice Support 2 for my Perform E to the Cloud to get the free presets?
        rcrome1 Thanks for the response. I understand how I should be able to see the presets but they are not there under the "Cloud" section. I can successfully connect my Perform VE, I can update to the most current Firmware, I can access support through the Voice Support 2 help tab (that is how I communicating now) so I know I have internet connection. I quit my web browsers before connecting my Perform VE in case there was some type of security block , I also turned off my Firewall in case that was causing a problem. I did submit a service ticket through the help section too in case you can't tell me how to fix this . The screenshot shows how there is nothing in my Cloud presets available. THE ONLY THING I can think of is I could not find a Voice Live 2 download on your download page specifically for PERFORM VE so I downloaded one of the HARMONY Voice Live 2 downloads assuming the software was the same for all devices since you can manage them all with Voice Live 2.
        • Feb 21
    • rcrome1
      rcrome1 Thanks for the response. I understand how I should find the presets, but none are there. I successfully updated to the latest firmware. I took the step of quitting my web browsers before connection in case that caused a problem. I have turned off my Firewall too. I can access the internet through the support tab on VoiceLive 2, because that is how I am communicating with this forum. But nothing shows up under the Cloud tab. . I did submit a service ticket since I have tried several times to connect all unsuccessful.
      • Feb 21
  • New
    CashSullivan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-13

Can anyone provide interval listings missing from the VG-pg 8 and VK-pg6 manuals.

The Harmony Singer2 has intervals listed in manual-pg 5

0 3
    • CashSullivan
      PedroRodrigues Hi, Please consider that the Perform VK offers a Pitch guide instead of a supplying Pitch intervals, please see below:
      With the Pitch Guide, you can see how close to the “true” note you are when you sing. It’s great to know that you typically sing sharp or flat, or simply struggle with a particular note or two.
      To activate the Pitch Guide, press and hold the Pitch button. To deactivate the Guide, press and hold again. When the pitch meter turns on, you’ll see the LED ring light from red (at the bottom) to green (at the top).
      When the pitch meter turns off, the LED’s will change from green to red. The pitch guide shows whether you’re “on the note” (green LED’s), “flat” (yellow/ red LED’s on the left hand side of the ring) or “sharp” (yellow/red LED’s on the right hand side of the ring).
      • Feb 17
    • CashSullivan
      PedroRodrigues Please consider that this unit also offers Pitch Correction and to activate Pitch Correction, press the Pitch button. White is OFF, Green is ON.
      An important note about Pitch Correction: it’s normal to hear “phasing” between
      your head voice (not to be confused with “the voices” in your head) and the
      corrected voice coming from speakers or headphones. The collision of the
      two signals creates the phased effect. Your audience (or a recording) doesn’t
      experience the sound.
      You can actually use the phased sound to improve your pitch over time. The less of
      the phased sound you hear, the closer you are to perfect pitch.
      Here’s a Craig’s Corner video about Pitch
      • Feb 17
    • CashSullivan
      PedroRodrigues In Regard the Perform VG please consider that the unit offers a Pitch correction tool that you can check for detail on page 11 of the manual. To access the resources for this unit please follow the link below https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DED
      • Feb 17
  • New
    Scotty1969
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-12

Low volume on guitar playback but have plenty of input signal please help 

0 16
    • Scotty1969
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scotty1969,Please consider that on the GUITAR Tab allows you to control the guitar mix level and the style and mix settings for the Reverb and μMod effects.
      This is the same Guitar mix control as the one that is activated when you access the main Mix screen.
      You can adjust the level of the guitar in VoiceLive 2’s overall mix in either menu.
      The range of this control is -30 dB to +24 dB in order to adapt to a wide range of guitar output levels.
      Please note that this does not affect guitar level when a jack is connected to the GUITAR THRU connector and the guitar signal is passed on to an external amplifier.
      • Feb 12
    • Scotty1969
      Scotty1969 Thx Pedro I sincerely appreciate it. Without getting too detailed I gave it a second thought about having my guitar coming through the PA from same speakers that are primarily for vocals. I’m in a guitar duo with drums/bass on backing tracks. Yes we do mic up guitar speakers to come through PA BUT I run stereo and the setup is I run a speaker on both sides of us with a powercab just off to my right so that’s the primary speaker I hear regarding guitar. Two outside powered speakers are an additional left side in conjunction with the powercab and then a right side powered speaker (stereo). I utilize a guitar synthesizer so running both my helix and synth in stereo is a huge difference. PA mains are just out front of my right and left powered speakers. I believe it makes better sense to loop guitar through the helix instead of the helicon BECAUSE the powercab is going to give me the best looped replicated sound coming from the helix and that’s what is mic”d up to the PA mains.
      • Feb 13
    • Scotty1969
      Scotty1969 Pedro can you tell me if I can use one XLR output and one 1/4” output? Or do I have to run either XLR pairs or 1/4 “ pairs (right and left)?
      • Feb 16
    • Scotty1969
      PedroRodrigues Hi Scotty, please The typical setup for monitoring the output of VoiceLive
      2 is to connect two 1/4” cables to a stereo channel in a
      PA mixer. VoiceLive 2 can be set to output in mono if
      preferred in the I/O tab of the SETUP menu.
      If you are using a snake to connect to an offstage mixer,
      then the XLR outputs can be connected without the
      need for DI boxes. The output of the XLR jacks is the
      same as the 1/4” jacks: line level (maximum +16 dBu).
      Both the XLR and TRS output jacks can be used at the
      same time when required. Correct you can have a mono signal outputting via XLR and the other signal outputting via 1/4” jack.
      • Feb 17
  • New
    GreggCagno
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-11

Trying to use VL2 as interface to Ableton Live 10 Lite via USB, and record guitar and vocal simultaneously into 2 separate tracks.

I have Digital In set to USB: Vox L / Instru R and Ableton tracks set as shown here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgOFQMRrH1M

Not getting a signal....If I switch Digital In to USB: Stereo, it works but then it combines both signals in one track.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

G

read more...
    0 2
    • GreggCagno
      PedroRodrigues Hi,GreggCagno,please consider that there are a few common methods of using VoiceLive 2 with a USB-connected computer and an audio application (DAW):
      Capturing a full mix of your performance
      Processing vocals from your DAW 3. Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks We assume you are familiar with configuring your audio application for input and output and that you understand connection of VoiceLive 2’s inputs and outputs.
      Method 1 - Capturing a full mix of your performance: Set VoiceLive 2’s I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:STEREO
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX

Connect your mic and headphones to VoiceLive2 and pick a preset you like. VoiceLive 2 will send the fully processed sound to your DAW and you’ll be able to monitor through your headphones or the analogue audio outputs of VoiceLive 2.
      In order to set VoiceLive 2’s sample rate, play a little bit of audio from your DAW before recording your vocal track.
      Method #2 - Processing vocals from your DAW:
      To use VoiceLive 2 as an effects insert, set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB: VOX L / INST R 2.
      DIGITAL OUT:FULL MIX
      Configure an aux send in your DAW to send the vocal track to VoiceLive 2’s left input and the instrument track to the right. You can monitor through VoiceLive’s headphone or main outputs. When playing back using VoiceLive 2 as the output audio device, don’t forget to set the
      DIGITAL IN back to USB:STEREO

Method #3 - Recording dry vocal and guitar tracks:
      You’ll need a fully dry mono vocal track and optionally, a dry instrument track (guitar or keyboard) or midi performance if you plan to use harmony. Set the I/O parameters as such:
      DIGITAL IN:USB:FULL MIX
      DIGITAL OUT:VOCAL & GUITAR
      Connect your mic and a guitar to VoiceLive 2 and your headphones to the headphone out. Even though you’ll hear fully processed vocals and guitar (with Guitar FX) in the headphones, the output feeding your DAW will be separate dry vocal and guitar that you can process later with Method #2. Digital Input Notes:
      Sample rate is synchronized automatically to the incoming digital audio stream.
      There is no independent configuration of sample rate in VoiceLive 2.
      When processing an analogue input such as the MIC and sending to VoiceLive 2’s digital out, sending a short bit of audio from your recording application to either Digital in will set the sample rate.
      When DIGITAL IN is set to USB:
      - Or SPDIF:VOX L / INST R, the MIC and GUITAR IN are disabled.
      When DIGITALIN is set to USB (or SPDIF): STEREO, harmonies will follow the stereo audio coming from the selected digital input on presets where NATURALPLAY is set to AUX INPUT.
      Digital Output Notes:
      USB audio output will not function when either of the SPDIF: options is chosen for the DIGITALIN parameter.
      SPDIF digital output is always available regardless of DIGITAL IN or OUT settings.
      USB Audio And ASIO Applications
      PC-based ASIO apps such as Cubase may require you to install a WDM to ASIO “wrapper” such as ASIO4ALL which is available at www.asio4all.com in order for VoiceLive 2 to be recognized as an audio device.
      To select the audio device In the Mac and Windows operating systems, you can select VoiceLive 2’s audio device in your workstation program by name.
      In some Windows XP DAW apps, however, the name of the audio device may be “USB Audio Device”.
      To use VoiceLive 2’s MIDI IN jack for harmony, preset change or realtime control while USB is connected, enter the I/O tab in the SETUP menu and set USB CONTROL to OFF.
      USB audio will function normally but MIDI will only be accepted by VoiceLive 2’s through its MIDI IN port.
      To re-enable VoiceSupport’s features and reception of MIDI from your DAW, turn USB CONTROL to ON
      I hope this helps.
      • Feb 12
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-09

The Play Acoustic (PA) and Switch 3 (S3) I ordered are on back order. The estimated time to ship will be mid March, 2021. I'll want to assign functions to the Switch 3 pedal. I notice I have the option to set one of the switches to "HIT" which turns harmonies and effects assigned to the "Hit" button on and off. Just like the "HIT" button on the PA. But there's also a Harmony setting you can assign to a button. I'm assuming this turns just the harmonies on and off. Does not turn any effects assignerd to "HIT" on and off.

So theoretically, I can assign High, Higher and Delay to "HIT". Then assign "Harmony" to one of the S3 buttons. Now I can add just harmonies when I activate the S3, or harmonies plus delay when I activate the HIT button on the PA. Would this work?

Also, some people have complained that they sometimes accidentially turn on the talk funtion when they activate the "HIT" button on the PA. Turning on "Talk" kills all effcts and shuts off the guitar. Not good if you're in the middle of a song. If I assign "HIT" to the S3, will this also activater the talk feature if you press the button too long? Or is talk a feature on the PA only?

Thanks

David

read more...
    0 8
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi, HaloRecordings, when it comes to the Custom setting, you can assign functions to the three footswitches on a Switch-3 from a list.
      Simply press the soft button next to “Switch 1”, “Switch 2” or “Switch 3” on the right side of the display and use the Control Knob to define the function the respective footswitch should control.
      The available settings are:
      Loop Rec/Play
      Loop Stop/Clear
      Loop Undo
      Loop Start/Stop
      1 Btn Looper
      Tap Tempo
      Set Key
      Preset Down
      Preset Up
      Hit
      Harmony
      Harm Moment
      Doubling
      Delay
      Delay Moment
      Reverb
      HardTune
      Transducer
      µMod
      Gtr Amp
      Gtr Boost
      Gtr Compressor
      Gtr µMod
      Gtr Delay
      Gtr Reverb
      In regard to the Harm Moment and Delay Moment, when you have selected the Custom setting, two menu items work slightly differently from the others: Harm Moment and Delay Moment.
      With “Harm Moment” and “Delay Moment”, the respective effect (harmony voices or delay) is active only as long as you press down the footswitch. Some users prefer the precision offered by this mode.
      The 1 Btn Looper (1 Button Looper) setting is a convenient way to control all relevant Looper functions using a single footswitch. This allows you to assign the two remaining buttons on a Switch-3 for other features (e.g. Hit).
      With no loop present, tap the footswitch once to record.
      Tap the footswitch again to define the loop length and switch to loop playback.
      Tap the footswitch again to overdub during playback.
      Hold the footswitch to undo the last overdub.
      Hold the footswitch again to restore (redo) the last overdub.
      Tap the footswitch twice quickly to stop. Please note that when stopping, a short portion of audio is recorded.
      Tap the footswitch to play or hold to erase the loop.
      If you prefer to have a Play Acoustic up on a music stand, you can use “Preset DN”, “Preset UP” and “HIT” as your custom Switch-3 assignments to replicate the footswitch controls.
      Connecting a Switch-3 (optional) to your Play Acoustic will give you permanent access to looping without having to use the DOWN and UP footswitches. It frees up those footswitches, so you can assign them to key/scale selection. This will also allow you to change presets without having to go in and out of Loop mode.
      The Switch-3 buttons are mapped as follows:
      Rec/Play/Odub
      Stop/Erase (Hold for Erase)
      Undo
      The benefit of having the Undo feature assigned to a separate footswitch is the ability to perfectly time your undo instead of waiting a moment for a “hold” to be registered.
      When a Switch-3 is plugged in and Switch-3 mode is set to Looping, key/scale selection is automatically assigned to the DOWN and UP footswitches of your Play Acoustic.
      When the Switch-3 is unplugged, the DOWN and UP footswitches revert to whatever the UP/DN setting was prior to connecting the Switch-3.
      I hope this helps gives you a better idea of what you can do with SWITCH-3

Thank you
      • Feb 10
      • Harmony vs Hit
        HaloRecordings Thank you Pedro. I did read the manual. So I'm assuming my assumption is correct.
        • ·
        • Feb 10
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-06

I want to purchase the TC-Helicon Play Acoustic and mount it to my mic stand so I can make changes on the fly. I also want to get the TC-Helicon Switch-3 to put on my pedalboard to activate the Harmonies, Doubling and Guitar Delay. I looked on line to find the dimensions of the pedal to see if it will fit on my current pedalboard. I have found two different dimensions, 10x6x2 amd 6x3.5x1.8.

That's a big difference. I've seen the Switch-6 so the 6x3.5x1.8 looks to be more accurate. Does anyone know the exact dimensions?

Thanks

read more...
    0 8
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi please see the PLAY ACOUSTIC dimensions below:
      -(HxWxD): 1.8 inches (45 mm) x 7.9 inches (200 mm) x 6.1 inches (156 mm) Weight: 2.2 lb. (1 kg)
      The Switch-3 dimensions are the following:
      -Dimensions L x W x H 25.4 x 15.2 x 5.1 centimeters
      • Feb 10
  • New
    RayEcke
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-06

All good one gig, the next the Switch 3 stopped working. Cables all good. Preset banks are all the same just footswitch won't trigger. 

any thoughts? A way to reset it?

im stumped

thanks

ray

read more...
    0 2
  • New
    DonHogan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-02-03
    This just started happening. My unit is probably 3 years old. When I start adjusting settings or changing things while editing things like amp eq... drive settings,, reverb.. really anything. My screen splits up into different sections. like if you looked in a mirror or thru a glass window that was broken. part od the screen is on top, the rest of the screen is on the bottom of the display window. Or, the 2 sides of the screen are fine and the middle has it's own section above or below the rest of the screen. Nothing is cracked or broken on the screen. To fix this , i simply turn off the uniy and back on and it is fine. It may last 5 min. or 5 days. Or as long as I use it normally and don't change any perimetors ,,, its fine. Can this be fixed? Has anyone else had this problem?, thanks,, Don
    read more...
    0 7
  • New
    Jack80
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-02

I have a Harmony G-XT.  My foot sometimes hits the Voice buttons when stepping on the ON switch.  Is there a way to lock these Voice buttons once the preset has been saved or any suggestions on the best positioning for the pedal to avoid this from happening?

read more...
    0 11
    • Jack80
      kiskadar69 You should cover the VOICE switches somewhat (such as the way the potentiometers are covered on the Joyo JF-317 pedal).
      • Feb 2
    • Jack80
      kiskadar69 Q: Voicetone Series – Can I lock the Voice buttons?
      A: Unfortunately, it is not possible to lock these settings so in the instance they are knocked while playing it will change the preset, however, it will not save it so powering off the device will restore it to your saved presets. If the issue you are experiencing is catching the voice controls while turning the pedal on and off we would recommend looking into some footswitch toppers, these will give you a greater surface area to press down on and can be found in many different colours, shapes and size.
      https://community.musictribe.com/pages/kba?articleId=bcac4d3a-1266-eb11-a812-000d3ac94478
      • Feb 3
    • Jack80
      Jack80 Thanks so much for the suggestion for footswitch toppers.
      • Feb 3
Go to page