Statistics

216,327 members
89,540 posts
  • New
    Potapov
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-02-01

During the performance, I use stereo channels for the guitar, separate stereo channels for the leader and vocal processing. In a separate channel, I record a thru guitar. And I need more thru vocal! I know that you can find a point inside the board, and output it to the "monitor" socket, for example. If there is no software way to get thru vocal during a performance, tell my engineer a point that can be taken on the board to output thru vocal. Thank you, dear friends, you know that I will persevere)

read more...
    0 10
    • Potapov
      PedroRodrigues Hi,Potapov as mentioned on your previous post please be aware that we do not advise any type of modification on our unit nor we do supply any information for these matters. Thank you
      • Feb 2
      • Voice Live 3 Thru Vocal
        Potapov Thanks. Do you have a device for sale in which you can get both a stereo mix of harmonics, and true vocals, and tuned vocals. For simultaneous recording in the studio?
        • ·
        • Feb 15
      • Voice Live 3 Thru Vocal
        PedroRodrigues Hi Potapov, please follow the link below to access all our offer https://www.tc-helicon.com/ Thank you
        • Feb 16
  • New
    BradBradstock
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-31

Hi Folks. I have a Harmony G-XT. I wanted to reset it to the factory defaults. I pressed the "manual" and the right footswitch by mistake instead of the "manual and "voice2" button whilst plugging in. Now it won't fire up and just has the FX light and nothing else. Any ideas?

read more...
    0 9
  • New
    Maroliboe
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-29

...can anyone provide me please the latest firmware (I think it is 1.21) for the Voiceworks Plus ? I am searching for this files for a long time without any successes :(

I know this unit is not supported any more, but also all files deleted? Please, I still use this unit and I love it :)

I would be very happy to get this magic files :)

Sunny greetings,

Martin

read more...
    0 6
  • New
    rotur
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

Saw Jeremy Blake on YT exploring various aspects of the VE...Is there any special trick to getting the harmonizer to work? I tried to train the midi controller as per the manual and his explanation but I get no sound from the vocals when I hit the keys. It appears he's not in any specific mode when he demonstrates the harmoniser ie no buttons are illuminated apart from the 1 button being pressed. Are there any other settings that I need to be aware of? I have my dynamic mic going into my Art Tube preamp which is then fed into my VE. The VE is then fed into my Presonus 1810C. My controller is a StudioLogic SL88 which is fed from VE midi out to midi in on the controller. Any advice greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 12
    • rotur
      PedroRodrigues Hi, rotur, please be aware that you should confirm how you have set up the gain for your microphone.
      To set up the Microphone gain you should press in SET and you can see on the image below and the gain is increased using the central black button and the increase or decrease is identified by the green led on the right side of the central black button as you can see below :

The actual signal level coming from your microphone can vary depending on what type of microphone you have connected and how loudly you vocalize (speak/sing/shout/shriek) into it.
      The Auto-Gain procedure is the easiest way to ensure the microphone preamplifier level set within your Perform-VE is calibrated to match your mic and vocal technique, but you have the freedom to set the Mic Gain level manually if you prefer.
      For the Auto-Gain Press and Hold the SET button to activate the Auto-Gain procedure and vocalize into the microphone at your typical loudest volume. After several seconds the SET button will flash red, indicating that the procedure is complete. You will see that the LED to the right of the SET button changes color when you vocalize into the microphone.
      For Manual Gain please press and Release the SET button to edit the Manual Gain with the Control Knob.

The red LED segments indicate gain provided by Perform-VE’s analogue microphone preamplifier circuit. When the mic pre-is at maximum gain, further gain is possible via digital amplification (the remaining 4 magenta LED segments). Once you stop editing with the Control Knob, the LED ring will return to the MIDI/ LEAD mix display after two seconds. You can then vocalize into your microphone and confirm the gain settings are correct for your application.
      Please have in to consideration that the Red in VU meter LED is not a good thing as it means hard clipping and digital distortion, please reduce the microphone gain and try again if you see the VU LED turning red when you are vocalizing.
      I hope this helps
      • Jan 29
    • rotur
      rotur Thank you so much... The missing Link was the gain control which was set very low... All good now. ☺️
      • Jan 29
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

I'm primarliy an acoustic guitar player and vocalist. But I do use my electric on a number of songs. I currently use the TC Helicon Harmony G (I've been using it for 10+ years). The Harmony G has a Guitar thru jack, so I take the thru out on the Harmony G and plug my acoustic or electric into my pedalboard which has a boost, OCD, TC-Electronic Delay, Chorus and Reverb pedals. Obviously I don't use the OCD or boost with my acoustic.

Because the Play Acoustic has the TC Electronics Delay, Chorus and Reverb built in, why couldn't I use my electric too?

I could run the Play Acoustic guitar output into the boost and OCD, then into an Amp, or PA.

The only issue I see is the guitar output on the Play Acoustic. There is no thru jack, only an XLR. I do have an XLR to 1/4 inch TS. Would that work? 

Has anyone used there electric with the Play Acoustic?

read more...
    0 4
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi HaloRecordings, please be aware that as the name of this unit points out, the unit was developed to work with acoustic guitar and effectively you have other units on the TC HELICON PLAY that my be more suitable never the less and considering your description it may work if you use the Guitar right output using a XLR to TRS input. Please consider that any adaptations may cause issues but effectively I think it may work. Thank you
      • Feb 3
  • New
    HaloRecordings
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-28

I own the TC-Helicon Harmony G vocal harmony pedal. I purchased it when they first came out, 10+ years ago. I'm now looking to upgrade to the Play Acoustic pedal. As with all pedals I've looked at, I can't get everything I want in a pedal, but the Play Acoustic comes the closest. 

I want to mount the pedal next to my mic stand and use the Switch-3 pedal to turn the harmonies, doubling and Guitar Delay off and on.

On page 35, Switch-3 page (6/7) of the manual, there's a "Tip" at the end of the page referencing mounting the unit to a mic stand.

What I need to know is how this works. Can I still use the Switch-3 in addition to assigning functions to the units buttons? Or will I simply be duplicating the units buttons on the Switch-3?

Idealy I want to assign Guitar Delay off on, Vocal Doubling, Hit (harmonies) to the Switch-3, and Key settings an tap delay on the unit.

This is a simple questions that in the old days, when you could speak to a human, would take less then five minutes for me to ask it, and get an answer. 

Now with high tec, I had to spend about an hour to discover there's no way to contact TC-Helicon via a phone, or live text. And spend time fiquring out how to send a question.

It's sad that in this modern time, it takes several days to get an answer to a simple question. I may as well go back to sending a letter via the USPS.

So, at this time, i'll stick with my old Harmony G. Maybe some other manufacturer will actuallly have customer service. 

p.s. as to what "Tribe" i'm in, I'm in the HUMAN tribe. Who thinks of these things. Tribe?

read more...
    0 11
    • HaloRecordings
      PedroRodrigues Hi HaloRecordings, please consider that effectively regarding the Play Acoustic that is effectively possible, and you will be able to set up the unit as you have stated, and also present on the Manual and allow to control a few features on your Play Acoustic as stated on the picture below extracted from the Play Acoustic manual.
      Regarding telephonic service please consider that we do not have that service available and any assistance request will be managed directly via the Technical Support Department when you submit an assistance request via Service that guarantees a SLA reply in 24h.
      Please consider that the Community is effectively what its stated on the name a community where the users and the Technical Support exchange ideas and resources and people helps each other but does not have any rules regarding SLA reply to avoid any overlap with the Assistance request service.
      In the future if you effectively see that your query is time sensitive please submit an assistance request via the Technical Support Department via Service, present on the TC HELICON main page that guarantees a SLA reply in 24h.
      • Feb 3
      • What should take a minute , now takes days.
        HaloRecordings Pedro, thank you for your response. Yes, I read the page you attached to your reply. It still doesn't answer my very simple question. If I'm using the Switch-3 (or 6) can I assign different functions to the Play Acoustics buttons? So far, the answer is no. That's OK, I just want to know.
        • Feb 3
        HaloRecordings Also, tell the TC-Helion TRIBE to make a new Play Acoustic pedal with a better I/O section. Put a Guitar THRU on the back for those who want to use their Pedalboard and Guitar Amp. Also include a stereo COMBO out jack for the Guitar and effects. So now you'll have a stereo feed of the vocals only and a stereo feed for the Guitar only. Of course you want to keep the current program to output mono and vocals/guitar together as it is now. For many of us, the Voicelive 3 Extreme is too expensive and has many features a simple Soloist doesn't need. The Play Acoustic is perfect, except for the outputs. If you update the outputs, you'll blow away your competition. I would also pay more for these outputs, but not $800. Lets say $400 tops.
        • ·
        • Feb 3
        PedroRodrigues Hi HaloRecordings I will forward your comments to our development team to be analyzed for future considerations. Than you
        • Feb 4
  • New
    disrezoloution
    Contributor - Level 1
    2021-01-27

I have been trying off and on to get help and/or service for my voicelive touch 2 with nothing coming of it. This is my last resort to post here. I can't get a email reply back, can't find a phone number, and nothing to help. It is like TC Helicon is a ghost. My voicelive 2 touch has the blue screen of death. It went out before a performance and I can't tell you how that effected my show. Please can someone help me

read more...
    0 20
    • disrezoloution
      RexBeckett All Music Tribe companies now use an online Care ticket system to request technical support or service. Here's how to get started:

At the top of this page, click Support then scroll down the new page and select Service. Make sure that you enter all required (*) data before clicking Submit. The Care team will respond by email.
      • Jan 27
    • disrezoloution
      PedroRodrigues Hi disrezoloution Please follow the link below to access all the tools and process to revolve this matter https://wsi.li/dl/saF3Mdj2q7eakXdEd/ Thank you
      • Jan 28
      • Frustrated voicelive touch 2
        disrezoloution Could you send me that link again. I have been away dealing with a family emergency. Thank you for your help.
        • ·
        • Feb 21
        PedroRodrigues Hi disrezoloution, not a problem please follow the link below https://wsi.li/dl/Ls9iGoQBFzJr3zHur/
        • Feb 22
        disrezoloution I use a Mac. Is there a program that will work with Mac?
        • ·
        • Feb 22
        PedroRodrigues Hi disrezoloution unfortunately this process is exclusively for windows
        • Feb 22
  • New
    LuisLugo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2021-01-26

Hello.

I would like to know if it's possible to use a MIDI controller like MS MC-6 to act as a switch-6 to access the same Voicelive 3 functions or actions that the latter can be assigned using a TRS-to-TRS (not 5Pin-to-TRS) cable, given that these actions have no pre-assigned MIDI commands.

So far I can only access the Voicelive 3 functions having pre-assigned MIDI Control Change (CC) and Program Change (PC) values transmitted via the standard 5-Pin MIDI cable.

Your help will be greatly appreciated (via email, preferably, if possible)

Cheers!

read more...
    0 7
    • LuisLugo
      PedroRodrigues Hi, LuisLugo thank you for your contact please consider that the SWITCH-6 requires the latest firmware to be installed on VOICELIVE 3, VOICELIVE TOUCH 2, or PLAY ELECTRIC to be able to work correctly, this means that this unit offers a bigger bridging capability than any other unit so I can’t offer any other advise than recommend the use of the SWITCH-6 instead of any other controller.
      • Jan 27
  • New
    rafaelmagic
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-26

Hi,

The Perform-V App has U2 presets.

But then the Voicecontrol 2 Cloud- Artists is missing the U2 presets.

Can some please share the presets Get On Your Boots, Elevation, One, Sunday Bloody Sunday, and I Still Haven't Found.

Thanks for your time.

read more...
    0 8
    • rafaelmagic
      PedroRodrigues Hi rafaelmagic please confirm on your VoiceSupport 2 on Cloud, this is where you’ll find any “online” presets that are available. Each device will have a different set of presets depending on what’s been released to date.
      It is also useful to confirm on Backups as this section of the browser tree shows you any backups you’ve created, they’re named by date and time so you can easily refer to when they were created.
      For a more detailed information please follow the link below to access the full VoiceSupport 2 guide.
      https://mediadl.musictribe.com/download/software/tchelicon/voicesupport-2-reference-manual-english.pdf

Thank you
      • Jan 25
  • New
    dochereford
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2021-01-25

I want to stick this on a pedal board.  The AC adapter states that its 12v and .5 amps.  (500 ma).

That a lot of amps.  if thats what is "required",  Those power supplies get real expensive for that kind of 12v output.

What is the requirement for this device?  Can I get away with 300ma?  I tried 100ma but it didn't work.

read more...
    0 17
    • dochereford
      PedroRodrigues Hi dochereford please be aware that the PSU specification that you must use is 12 VDC 300 mA, tip negative.
      • Jan 25
    • dochereford
      HaloRecordings I use the original Harmony G. I use old wall warts from other devises. I just made sure it's 12v DC with 300 mA and the tip is negative. Works fine.
      • Jan 28
    • dochereford
      HaloRecordings I also built a battery pack to use with the Harmony G. So when I'm using my JBL EON One Compact PA (battery powered) I can use my Harmony G also. No need for a power outlet. All battery. I can play for several hours. So you may consider building your on battery pack. I have a box of rechargeable batteries so all I had to buy was the batter holder (holds 10 AA batteries) that cost less than $5 on Amazon.
      • Jan 28
Go to page