Statistics

241,333 members
117,597 posts
  • Wendy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22
    I use a preset on my unit for harmonies on a particular song. There are layers of vocals that repeat during part of the song behind the lead vocal.. Is there a way to create a loop and save it as part of a preset that can be activated and deactivated in different parts of the song during a live performance? If sis there a way to keep it on time with the band without a click track? I would love to see a video where they used loops in different ways.
    read more...
    0 66
  • lightison
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22

Hello,

I've been trying to contact TC Helicon Support for days. I encounter an error every time I try to submit a service ticket.

I bought a Voicelive 3 used on Reverb in July. The control knob is busted off with the shaft inside it. Fella that sold it claimed it was a mainly cosmetic issue that did not interfere with the unit's functionality. That was true, at first. Settings could still be adjusted by pressing the knob into the unit.

That no longer works, meaning I can't adjust many settings. I can't reset the unit to it's factory default because I can't use the knob. I've been trying to get in touch to get a quote for replacing the knob or some kind of workaround if it exists.

Can someone please help me, with a quote for repair or with contact information for an actual person or technician? I'm now stuck with this unit that is at once mostly functional and basically useless to me. I'm in Erie, Pa. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Elliot

IMG_1010.JPG
    read more...
    0 105
    • lightison
      TCH-Rob

Hi @lightison , 

Our support system was having some issues this month but it should be working now. If you create a care ticket under the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com it should allow you to create a ticket. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!  

• January 24, 2020
  • Chris_Lenois
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-21

1) Is it possible to connect the Harmony Singer stompbox to a PA that does NOT have phantom power? 

2) Is it possible to use the Harmony Singer stompbox without also connecting it to a guitar? 

0 87
    • Chris_Lenois
      TCHelicon-Tad

24v Phantom Power is always on when using the Harmon Singer device. This will power condenser mics but will not affect Dynamic Mics. So, you should be able to plug it in fine. 

No, you don't need a guitar. The guitar is there to help identify natural harmonies that can work in-key with your guitar, without the guitar, it will function manually based on the settings you have on the device. It's just a little something special we built into the product, but not necessary. 

• January 21, 2020
    • Chris_Lenois
      kiskadar69

2.Because the Harmony Singer does not allow you to manually select a scale, you cannot use the Harmony function if you do not connect an instrument. The Tone and Reverb functions are still available.

• January 24, 2020
  • Crimso23
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

I cannot figure out how to print the preset list in Voice Support 2. There must be a way. It's very **bleep**bersome to scroll through the list every time I'm looking for a preset. I know I can add presets to my favorites to make scrolling easier, but I'd also like to explore other presets (without scrolling). 

read more...
    0 94
  • nitsirkpp
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

When in midi notes mode, the harmonies on my VL3X will sometimes shift sharp or flat. Humanization is off, I'm holding notes on my midi keyboard, and as soon as my voice moves, the harmony notes shift out of tune. The harmony notes that sound sholud reflect what I'm playing on my midi keyboard, not what I'm singing. Why is this happening?

(view in My Videos)

read more...
    0 258
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Hi and welcome to the forums, @nitsirkpp !

A very good find and thank you for the great video demonstration. You've actually managed to confound us here at the office!

With the Male Notes mode you're in you should be hearing the same 4 notes that you're playing, yet we only hear the lowest note. Something like this may happen in 4Ch Notes mode and if your were to hit the lowest note first on the keyboard however that would not explain the tuning adjustment.

The tuning adjustment you're hearing would be consistent with NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode as there are three temperents to choose from; Equal, Just, and Barbershop. I can produce a similar tuning adjustment when playing the came Db chord and singing Eb to F as you are by selecting only Bass Voice. But again, you're not using this mode.

Does this happen if you switch the Harmony mode to say Female Notes instead of Male Notes? Do you have any other keyboards or a computer that you could send the notes from?

Again, I'm not sure why you're not hearing all the voices. I'm hoping we can find the issue and avoid a factory reset. Let me know what you find.

Best Regards, 
      Aaron

• January 21, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron,

The issue is not that all four harmony voices are not sounding - they are. The issue is that the tuning of the harmonies is shifting around as my voice shifts. As you said, this shouldn't be happening in Notes mode - the Helicon voices should remain static as the notes I'm playing on my midi keyboard are static. I've tried this with Female voices, and with another midi keyboard, and the same thing happens.

• January 22, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      kiskadar69

Maybe it's caused by a faulty Pitch Bend wheel. For VoiceLive 3, set the MIDI / Pitch Bend Range parameter to 0.

• January 24, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      TCH-Aaron

Ha, shoot, I see now I wasn't listening hard enough. The 5th and two octaves above were tough to pick out! So that eliminates VL3 being somehow stuck in NaturalPlay or Key&Scale mode, and therefore temperment being the issue.

I copied your settings that I could see and tried it with a factory-reset VL3x but the pitch stayed stable.

We also thought perhaps a faulty pitch wheel. But the harmony moves with your sung note and even if the pitch wheel was out of calibration the pitch should stay constant. 

Could you try moving the Smoothing parameter value up to 100% and then back down to 0% to ensure it's really doing what it's supposed to do. At 0% harmonies are fully pitch corrected. an 100% harmonies have no pitch correction. It's a very confusing parameter, barely talked about in the manual.

Lastly, are you able to connect the VL3x to a computer with VoiceSupport 2? If you could export send me a backup All Presets and Setup Data then I'll load it on a VL3x here at the office for further troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Aaron

vl3backup.PNG
      • January 28, 2020
    • nitsirkpp
      nitsirkpp

Hey Aaron, thanks for helping with this and sorry it's taken me a minute to get back. I got a new keytar, thinking it could be the issue, but nope - still happening. I exported the patch that's being funky - how can I send it to you?

• February 18, 2020
  • Yoimetal
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-17

Hola tengo un voicelive 2 y me gustaría sabér cómo podría usarlo para distorsión de voz tipo screaming y guturales o si hay algún otro más indicado para ello

graicas

0 71
  • henrod
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-16

Hi. DOes anyone know how to initiate a sysex dump from a Quintet? Thanks.

0 91
  • raisingabel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-15

When using a hardtune preset does the pitch button need to be on or off?

1 85
    • raisingabel
      TCH-Rob

Hi @raisingabel ,

Hardtune is a seperate effect from pitch, so hardtune presets shouldn't need the pitch button off. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!  

• January 16, 2020
  • maurro59
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-15
    Ciao, è possibile ripristinare voice live 3 extreme ai dati di fabbrica e, in caso affermativo, come posso farlo? grazie
    0 80
    • maurro59
      TCH-Rob

Hi @maurro59 ! You can find information on how to do this on page 190 of the VL3x reference manual! 

• January 15, 2020
    • maurro59
      mbabauta My system will not start up at all. What do I do now. Who may I call to get repairs or help?
      • November 14, 2020
    • maurro59
      TCH-Rob @mbabauta you should reach out to our care team through the "support" tab at https://community.musictribe.com
      • November 16, 2020
  • Lucas-2
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-14

Je viens juste de m’inscrire et j’ai un voiceliveplay je voudrais me faire 5 presets pour l’instant et  les voir a l’ecran et choisir avec la pedale.En fait comment voir seulement ces favoris à l’ecran.Merci

0 53
Go to page