Statistics

241,322 members
117,586 posts
  • Azlinon
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-13

I'm trying to track down the latest firmware.  I don't run Windows or Macintosh, so a USB flash seems to be the way to go.  I can't seem to find these firmware images posted anywhere publically like most companies would.

I managed to find a firmware for build 366 (2.2.0) in a user post.  Does anyone know if this is the most recent firmware available?  If not, would you be able to provide a link, please?

I tried support earlier today, but some web forms were giving Salesforce server errors.  The others seem to be refusing submissions due to a missing product category selection in a disabled control.  I could not find a phone number.

Thank you!

read more...
    0 211
  • IamKev
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-12

Just purchased a Voicelive Play to help me get those higher notes. However, the octave up appears to be only available as a female voice, and the lead voice comes through as well. Can the lead voice be turned off so only the octave comes through and in a male voice? Did I buy the wrong product? 

read more...
    0 104
    • IamKev
      TCH-Rob

Hi @IamKev ! You can create a fully wet Octave up effect in the "hardtune" section by using the shift parameter; 12 semitones up is an octave up, and you can also shift it down. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!   

• January 15, 2020
  • fcwestcott
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-11

This is a follow up from an old thread about an audio issue with the perform VG. It was called "Perform VG Audio Issue" and it was initiated on 10/18/17. There were a couple pages of posts by a number of people having the same problem. I decided to renew it here. So, you might visit the old thread for some background.

I have a Perform V, a Play Acoustic and a Perform VG. I love the VG but it has a chronic issue that, as far as I can tell, has never been addressed. It has abrubt change in audio. I cannot narrow it down to any specific feature that is causing the problem but it could be a change in volume, mic gain, body rez setting, feedback or even tone/pitch correction changing through the mic, or something that I haven't considered that is affecting the guitar tone. It is a noticable abrubt change with a small pop and I am including a clip (the shift occurs at :03 and :06). I have the latest firmware.

I have already described my set up in the other thread but I have used various acoustic guitars with various pick ups. I plug strait in to the VG.  It occurs playing through an acoustic amp, PA,  or headphones. So far, I have always have a mic plugged in. I'm not sure if it will do it without a mic but it doesn't matter to me, because the unit is designed to do both simultaneously. The issue is not easy to recreate. Sometimes it will happen 5 times within 20 seconds and sometimes it will go for 10 minutes without doing it at all.  To recreate, I recommend plugging in a guitar and mic, turn on all the effects and features and just play the guitar with varying strumming intensity and varying gain levels, making sure to let the chords ring often. Do it while singing and then while not singing. It may take a while.

This unit is great but this bug has rendered it useless to me. There were quite a few others who also experienced it in the previous thread, so I was hoping for a firmware fix, but it never came.  I am now hoping for a rapid fix here or maybe a replacement device, hoping that there was just a bad batch one of the members in that thread exchanged his for a newer unit and it had the same problem. So, I feel it's unlikely a defective unit and more of a design problem that has not been caught? Have you had any other similar feedback from other artists or developed any resolution? Thank you

read more...
    0 146
    • fcwestcott
      fcwestcott

the only way that I could upload an audio clip was to use the video option. 

(view in My Videos)

• January 11, 2020
    • fcwestcott
      fcwestcott

I didn't count but there were quite a few who chimed in with this issue before. One left a couple audio clips. Also, atleast one exchanged the VG with a new one and had the same results with the new unit. So, it is not likely a defect.

• January 12, 2020
    • fcwestcott
      IHatethisSite

Unfortunately, the fact that TC Helicon hasn't seen fit to comment on this or provide a firmware fix doesn't not mean that it "is not a defect." I've experienced the same fault on the mic level several times and have to reset the mic pre level multiple times during a performance. It just, suddenly, drops about 10dB. I'm mostly a hobby player these days, so it isn't a killer problem for me, but I would warn prospective buyers that you'll have to deal with this problem at the least convenient times: Murphy's Law.

• January 26, 2020
  • GilfalasOrcbane
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-10

I apologize if this is a stupid question, but I have just aquired a VL3 Extreme and I can't find the reference manual anywhere online.

All I can find is the Quick Start Guide as a download.

Could anybody please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!

read more...
    0 149
  • JoyLaSaga
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-08

can someone mail me a manual for this, I can't watch video , or download  well .  ?  

0 104
  • Shattered
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-08

Hi all

I currently own a Vl3x and a Voicelive Rack. The Vl3x is for live use and the VLR is for the studio. 

When I used to reamp the Vl3x in Cubase with Lead Mute on I I would record a dry vocal via my preamp (not via the Vl3x) and then run that dry track (or live vocal) out to the Vl3x. This allowed me to run the dry track out to the Vl3x and record only the effects or harmonies and then blend them together. 

I am attempting to do the same thing with the VLR but it seems the Lead Mute does not actually remove the lead vocal. Now this is connected via analog XLR cables so my question is:

Is the ability to use Lead Mute on the VLR only avaliable via SPDIF?

I hope that makes sense. 

Mike

read more...
    0 62
  • FabioGarcia
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-06

Hi.

Hope you can help me with this.

I would like to know if VL3X is really equipped with several guitar amps models to choose from, or it just have only one guitar amp model that change the sound thanks to several EQ presets.

Thanks.

read more...
    0 108
    • FabioGarcia
      Alanaml

Hi Fabio,

You are correct.What you have with the VL3X is an Amp Effect Block which allows you to select the Amp Style and then you adjust the pre and post gain settings in addition to the EQ settings for low,mid and high frequencies. I have to say theat despite having a number of vocal harmonisers from TC-Helicon I almost never use the guitar effects so I am no expert in that sense.I use all my vocal harmonisers where possible via midi control CCs from my DAW rather than for live work. Page 113 on the VL3X manual gives a good explanation of how the guitar section operates.

I am a home user only and I do use my Play Acoustic for jamming live at home but without using my DAW as there in no midi port on the Play Acoustic.I rarely plug in my guitar for chord detection as i play a lot of fingerstyle so the chords are not easily detectable as my style of playing is rather like an arpeggio.I tend to just select a key and one voice only a third above my own and it works well.

Regards

Alan

• January 7, 2020
  • rintorilu
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-05
    0 101
  • Roland1
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-03

Hello
    Now I am at half a way familiar with the NaturalPlay, but in some way confsed:
    I wish to mix the MIDI Signal with the Roomsense mic, because in some parts or mesures the keyboard player don't play a clear chord or a pedal sound, so the NaturalPlay can't pick up the right harmony. In this case, RoomSense wold help, because there are also guitar and bass in the band-sound.
    But

Is it possible to obtain a combination between the both signals?

I tried with "RoomSense Auto-Detect ON" and the Parameter "Mix RoomSense to NaturalPlay"
    In this case, which Parameter of "Global NatPlay Source" I need?
    Auto or RoomSense?

What will do NaturalSense? Will it mix two signals together or will it pick up only one of both, depends on the "quality" of the input signal?

Could I do the same "mix" from two parameter with the AUX (additional better room micro) and MIDI Input?
    Thank you for explanation how the different parameter in the Setup work together.

VL3 is a wonderful device !

read more...
    0 98
    • Roland1
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Roland1 ,

The Auto Global Naturalplay source is probably your best bet! 

• January 8, 2020
    • Roland1
      Roland1 the problem ist, before it hears to teh AUX or internal mik, it will follow the guitar input. But I play also with the guitar effects my saxophone....
      • Apr 26
  • OlavRøssland
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-01-03

Hello. 

Anyone who have the latest MIDI SysEx Manual for VoiceLive 3 extreme? @TCH-Spencer@VoiceLiveEditor ?
    The latest manual I have is Version 2.0.00: Mar 11, 2016: firmware release 2.1.01 (Build 355)

....and the latest firmware for VL3 extreme is 2.2.00 build 366...

read more...
    0 116
Go to page