Statistics

228,591 members
103,496 posts
  • Marshall7714
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-20

Is there any way to make the button on the harmonies -- a momentary button. Instead of clicking on, you would hold it for harmonies to be on.

I realize holding the button down was designed to serve a different purpose, causing the guitar to mute and tuner to engage, but I would gladly give those up for momentary function.

I don't know if some of the other models that add vocal harmonies can be used as I am describing, my question is specifically about the GT-X.

read more...
    0 149
    • Marshall7714
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Marshall7714,
      Unfortunately the Harmony G-XT cannot behave as a momentary effect.  Like you pointed out, holding the footswitch is already reserved for the tuner.  Our Harmony Singer 2 pedal can be configured to act as a momentary effect, but sadly the Harmony G-XT cannot.  Cheers!

• August 22, 2019
  • Barkus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-18

Hello, I have the VK and VE. I got the VL3X because on the comparison chart (that I can't seem to locate now) it said it bascially had the same as the VE and VK and I am trying to eliminate them and use the one unit (VL3X). I do only Vocals/choir/ etc. no instruments beside a Duff drum. Can the VL3X do the same as the Rec/sample button on the VE where I can record AH or OO and then play it back as chord chorus/backround with a midi keyboard? And, at the same time play harmony voices like when I have the VK and VE midi connected to my keyboard? Thanks Barkus

read more...
    0 211
    • Barkus
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Barkus,
      Unfortunately the VoiceLive 3 can't record and play back samples at different pitches, you're stuck with real-time harmonies and looping.  The closest you could get to that behavior on a VL3 would be to use one of the notes mode harmony styles (at the end of the harmony styles list) for real-time harmonies controlled by a MIDI keyboard, and maybe record a drone note and loop that in the looper, but that pitch-shifted sample playback that Perform-VE can do isn't in any of our other products.  Cheers!

• August 22, 2019
  • MicheleMancusi
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-18

Hi everyone, I have a Strymon Ojai R30 power supply with a 12V and 375mA output. Can I use it to power Voicelive Play even if it requires 12V and 400mA? Can there be problems? Thank you!

0 232
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi , 

The 25mA difference is not likely to damage the power supply but you need to be careful to make sure the power supply you have is "Center Negative". 

Look for a symbol on the power supply similar to what's on the back of the VL Play.

Hope this helps,

Ken

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 1.43.43 PM.png

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell,

thanks a lot for your fast and precise reply. So this 25 mA difference is also safe for Voicelive Play? 

Thank you again so much.

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

Hi @MicheleMancusi ,

The risk is actually to the power supply since it can only put out 375mA of current and the VLP could draw as much as 400mA.  It's very unlikely that the VLP actually needs the full 400mA and if it did, the power supply would likely just dip the 12V output a bit to compensate.   Watch out for any "glitchy" type behavior that may indicate the voltage dipping too low but I doubt you'll have any issues. 

The negative center pin for the VLP is more of a concern since they make power supplies that have either a negative or a positive center pin.  Using the wrong polarity could damage the VLP. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      MicheleMancusi

Hi @KenMitchell

you have been very kind. Thank you very much for the explanation and for your time. See you!

• August 18, 2019
    • MicheleMancusi
      KenMitchell

HI @MicheleMancusi ,

I just looked at the Strymon website and it says the Ojai R30 power supply is 24V not 12V. 

Double check that before you plug it in. 

Ken

• August 18, 2019
  • FARPC
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-14

Guitar thru cuts off the signal from my xlr outs. is this supposed to happen ? I wanted to go into another processor with guitar thru and still be able to come out of mains any help will be great thanks

0 123
    • FARPC
      SimonBlakely

The VL3/VL3X uses autodetection on the Guitar out jacks to determine whether to route the Guitar out the Main XLR - I haven't tested, but maybe the Guitar Thru jack may trigger this behaviour as well.

You could try setting the Guitar Jacks Mode (on the Output tab) to the Backing Track setting, which routes the Guitar outs via the Main XLR outputs.

• August 18, 2019
  • RuinenLust
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-12

Hello I currently own a voice live to floor pedal. End I currently have to bypass the compressor and noise gate due to the inconsistency of the two during live performance. I'm looking at a voicelive 3 extreme and also the GTX as an updated pedal. However, I need to know if tchelicon has changed their gate from voicelive 2 to voicelive 3 and/or GTX or if it's the same on the voicelive 3. I'm also interested in knowing if you can set the manual settings of the voicelive 3 or GTX above a 4to1 ratio. Currently the voicelive 2 can only be set to a 4to1 max. Does anyone have this specific info for these 2 parameters? I would prefer hearing from someone from tchelicon about this as the gate on the voicelive 2 is not good for live and I really need to know if it's different on the newer products. Thank you.

read more...
    0 122
    • RuinenLust
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RuinenLust,
      The entire "Tone" section is the same in VoiceLive 3 as they were in VoiceLive 2 - this includes EQ, gating, compression, and de-essing.  The VoiceLive Play GTX offers even less control over these elements, with gating and compression being bundled in with a few "Tone" presets rather than giving explicit control over each of Tone's elements.

• November 14, 2019
  • Barkus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-08-11

Hello when I press 1 to store on VE it flashes and saves. I go to 2 and save my different settings, but when I go back to 1 it is changed to the stored setting I had on 2. Same if I save again on 1 and go back to 2, it becomes the same stored setting that I had on 1. what gives? Thanks.

read more...
    0 160
    • Barkus
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Barkus,
      Just to clarify, you're pressing and holding the preset "1" button to store your changes - not just tapping it, right?  If you just tap the preset button it'll reload the preset as it was before you made changes.  To store changes to a preset, you need to press and hold its respective preset button.  Is that what you're doing and it still isn't saving?

• August 16, 2019
  • Gramrye
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-10

Hi guys n girls I'm trying to find out if there are any ready made guitar presets just like the vocal presets on play acoustic,  like when you purchase a guitar fx unit there will be lots of different band guitar sounds. Hope you understand my question. 

Thank you 

read more...
    0 170
    • Gramrye
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Gramrye,
      It actually wasn't until early 2016 that the PlayAcoustic was updated with the ability to store different guitar settings in each preset.  Before that update, all the guitar sounds in PlayAcoustic were global, as in every preset had the same guitar settings.  As such, all the presets for PlayAcoustic were made with the thought that guitar settings were global at the time, so there isn't much diversity in terms of the guitar tones (which I'm sure you've noticed).  Anyways my answer is becoming longer than it probably needs to be, haha, basically the answer is "no" because the ability to differentiate your guitar sound between presets was added later in an update.  So it's up to you to take advantage of this update and make some awesome guitar sounds!

• August 16, 2019
  • RyanGlant
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-08-05

Hey all - I'd like to find a way to send a mono vocal from DAW to the Perform VK, so I can get just the harmonies to be recorded as separate tracks to go along with the nicely performed dry vocal. Any ideas on routing? Can I use the aux input on the VK to send the vocal in and play the chords on my keys to trigger harmonies and record the outs on the VK?

read more...
    0 183
    • RyanGlant
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @RyanGlant,
      Don't bother with the auxiliary analog input, you should use USB audio!  If you're on Windows you'll need a driver (available here) and if you're on a Mac then it's already good to go.  Use the included USB cable and connect your VK directly to your computer via USB.  This page outlines how the USB audio in Perform-VK works, basically you just use the VK as your audio device in your DAW, send audio to the vocal channel, and record the harmonies coming back from the VK, all over USB.  Cheers!

• August 8, 2019
    • RyanGlant
      Wineoh52 Hi, Can you elaborate please. I have a vocal track in Protools and I would like to add harmony to the track using either the Perform VK or Acoustic Live. When you mention "This page outlines how the USB audio works" where would I find the page.
      • September 30, 2020
  • jm345
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-04

I send a guitar signal to the VL3 to use Natural Play. I don't use the guitar out. But I have noticed the guitar signal is hotter and seems to be picked up in one channel of my microphone that is connected to the VL3. When I plug a cable into the guitar out the guitar sounds normal. I am not plugging the other end of the guitar out cable into anything. Does that sound correct. Trying to understand why just plugging something into the guitar out corrects the sound and microphone?

read more...
    0 164
    • jm345
      SimonBlakely

From the Manual (in my case VL3X, but I'm sure it is the same for the VL3)

4. Main Outputs: The Main Outputs carry Vocals & Effects. If nothing is connected to the
      Guitar outputs, Main outputs also carry Guitar signals.

• August 12, 2019
  • KiwiKev
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-08-03

Hi

Is anyone using a VK with mainstage? I am trying and it all works but then it starts to transpose the patches in mainstage! Any fixes out there?

0 106
Go to page