Statistics

234,021 members
109,628 posts
  • Barkus
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-31

Hello. How to set the Perform VE to mono so each word of a phrase can be played on a keyboard individually subsequently instead of starting the whole phrase from the beginng each time a key is pressed?

Thanks

0 177
    • Barkus
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Barkus,
      If you hold the "mode" corner of the "Sample" button and turn the center control knob, you can change how your recorded samples are played back.  Check out page 22 of the manual - it sounds like you're after the "Legato" mode.  Cheers!

• August 8, 2019
  • hooya
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-27

Anyone have good suggestions for non-invasive lubrication of the foot switches on a Voicelive (3) unit? It's not the sound of the clicking that bothers me, but the switches feel "rough" and not smooth actuating when I press them all the time. Friction feeling in the physical switch. Wondering if some 3 in 1 household oil would be appropriate. A few drops around the edges? Safe? Something that should not be done with the unit put together?

read more...
    1 178
    • hooya
      DennisDubeau

It is actually a VERY good idea since the friction caused by operating the switches will wear the edges of the tip on the switche's sleeves, thus sprinkling some metal powder inside the unit... Metal being conductive, this is one of the main issue with this unit... I'd go for a good light grease but light oil is definitely better than nothing. Just don't overdo it... see here, this is very USEFUL info: 

https://youtu.be/nTGi8lllPAo?list=WL

• August 2, 2019
    • hooya
      TCH-Spencer

The only advice I have is to not use anything conductive.  Good luck!

• August 2, 2019
  • BenoitBesson
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-22

Hi,

I just published a voice live touch 2 instrument for ableton live. It allows controlling the TC Helicon product as if it were integrated as an ableton Instrument. I hope it can helps other users. So I share it here :

https://maxforlive.com/library/device/5567/tchelicon-voice-live-touch-2

Working on Voice live touch 1 and Voice live rack are discussed there.

Ben.

read more...
    1 238
  • AndyHladek
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-07-22

Can anyone provide the screw spefications for the VL3 backplate - 8 small and 1 center/larger?  Also, please let me know if you found somewhere they can be purchased.  Thanks!

0 122
  • tcampjax
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-21

Hello, 

First post for me.  I have been having an issue with a certain chord configuration that causes the low harmony to sing FLAT.

It only occurs with a specific note and specific chord.  Which I think is because the alogrhythm is reading the chord wrong.

Heres the scoop,  when I play a BIG G, meaning I fret the B string on the 3rd fret,  the GXT sings flat when I sing the D note.  If I play normal G, B string open, it works just fine.   Is it hearing the two D's in octave and getting confusted about what the root of the chord is?   It would be great if it could be patched and I wasn't forced to remember to play G with the B included just to get a proper harmony.   BTW, I tested this with my Vocalist Live 2 and My Vocalist Live 5 and they sing the correct hamony every time. 

read more...
    0 193
    • tcampjax
      jkrantman

No answer, but I'm having similar problem, often with the same chord.  Extreme 3.  Sometimes it gets it right, but is wrong more than 1/2 the time.

• October 25, 2019
    • tcampjax
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @tcampjax,
      I can't say for sure, but to me it sounds like the B note (2nd fret on the A string) in your chord isn't cutting through enough, but doubling-down on another higher B (open B string) is enough to make the effect realize what chord you're playing.  I do know that our harmony algorithm puts a lot of emphasis on the root and third of chords being played, so if it can't hear the third (B note in this case) it gets confused real fast.  So playing a G chord will always require a B note somewhere in there to get the proper harmony, just in your case it sounds like the B note on your A string isn't cutting through enough for whatever reason.  There are a lot of potential reasons why: your guitar's output level, its pickups, guitar's tone/eq'ing, fingerstyle VS picked, full-chord VS slight arpeggiation, etc.

"Big G":
      3 = G
      3 = D
      0 = G
      0 = D
      2 = B
      3 = G

"Normal G":
      3 = G
      0 = B
      0 = G
      0 = D
      2 = B
      3 = G

My only suggestion is to try to not mute that B note in the "Big G" chord and really let it ring out, or else you will unfortunately have to play double B's with a "Normal G" chord to be sure the algorithm is hearing the 3rd of your chord.

• October 28, 2019
  • petrzajac
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-21

Hi, I have VL3 Ext and I have such a problem. When I put Jack in the guitar thru, he stops playing the guitar. I need the guitar signal to go to the VL and at the same time to go from "thru" to send it to the next effect. Why doesn't she do that? How to make this feature work? Thank you

read more...
    0 147
    • petrzajac
      TCH-Rob

Hi @petrzajac !

The guitar THRU jack on the Voicelive 3 sends out the dry guitar signal, and cuts off any other guitar signal to other outputs. Unfortunately, there's no way to have the guitar go out the THRU output and the other outputs. You can see more on this in page 29 of our reference manual. 

You can send guitar through the guitar outputs in dual mono if you need to have two identical guitar signals. 

Let me know if you have any other questions! I hope this helps

• July 23, 2019
  • tcandel
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-19

Hello, new to Music Tribe, and first post here, so please bear with me.   Purchased a Harmony Singer 2 back on May 15th.    I first tried using it with batteries, but they didn't even last an hour and then it wouldn't work.  I bought a 9V adapter and it worked fine.  However, as of Sunday July 14th it quit working. I can't get it to power up at all.  I've tried the adapter on another product and it works fine.

I've submitted two requests to Customer Support and gotten emails indicating they'll respond to me within one business day, but as of yet, I've not gotten any response at all.  Am pretty frustrated at this point as i can't use the product, and can't get help from Support. 

Has anyone had this issue with the Harmony Singer 2?  And can you please tell me how to get a response from Customer Support. 

tcandel 

read more...
    0 147
    • tcandel
      anurag

This is my issue so far man

UNIT DETAILS:

TC Helicon harmony singer 

PROBLEM DISCRIPTION

The previous day i tried to do the firm update of my pedal by downloading the software called "VOICESUPPORT". As soon as my software was successfully installed, i tried to click the firm update, the update started to begin before the update was finished i had a message " the update was not successful". Then i tried to do a manual reboot my downloading the SendSX software by holding tone and footswitch before switching on the device. The green light changed to orange light and i tried to reboot it and even though after doing manually it doesnt come to normal operation. The device is not working still the power supply Grenn light is perfectly alright.

I request to give me an assistance regarding my issue.

• December 20, 2019
    • tcandel
      TCH-Rob

Hi @anurag ,

To receive support, please go to www.musictribe.com and create a care ticket under the "support" tab. Our support team will help you with your problem from there. 

• January 3, 2020
  • bobpick68
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-18

I am using the VL Play acoustic with electric guitar. here is what I have and was hoping someone could me find the best way to set it up. z

VL Play Acoustic

Line 6 Helix LT 

Tube amp

PA System

I am also the lead singer of the band and want to be able to use the harmonies of the VLPA. I am thinking it would go like this.. guitar>helix>helix out>vlpa gtr in>left vlpa>PA>right vlpa>guitar amp.

Does this sound like it would work? I would love to just go direct but at the moment the PA system in the band sucks for guitar modeling so the Helix is being used for FX only. 

Thanks for any advice. 

read more...
    0 164
    • bobpick68
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @bobpick68,
      Technically that setup you outlined works but you might find that the PlayAcoustic's harmony voices make weird note choices every now and then.  This is because the PlayAcoustic is expecting a clean/dry guitar input, so if you're adding guitar effects with your Helix before sending it to the PlayAcoustic, that can potentially screw up our harmony algorithm and cause it to choose "wrong" notes.  If you're finding this to be an issue, you should try switching the chain so the PlayAcoustic is first then run the right guitar output into the Helix and then your amp.  Cheers!

• November 14, 2019
  • Mido
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-15
    • Mido
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Mido!

The picture you posted is the voicelive 3's tone menu! The tone section uses adaptive eq and compression to work a bunch of magic and make your voice sound better. A good default setting is to set tone to "on" and leave shape, compress, and de-ess around 50%.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

• July 16, 2019
  • Manhunt1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-07-12

Searching for help in setting harmonies in my VL3X to specific minor keys.  I sing harmony to the lead vocalist and in certain songs we change from Major to minor keys [ usually oohhs  and ahhs ] while singing.  Can anyone direct me to the page[s] where it shows how to set each voice in the harmony group to the specific note/key range I want that voice to adhere to?  I understand I can use Steps to transition the vocal harmonies from a major key setup to a minor key, but setting my harmonies for a specific song requires some tweaking to ascertain the proper background vocal to the notes being played by the instruments.  The voices would be the harmonies minus my own note range.

All the presets are great if you are singing church choir, country, or barbershop quartets.  The example I can offer is the backing vocals on Elton John's Someone Saved My Life Tonight.  This is what I am looking to achieve.

read more...
    1 151
    • Manhunt1
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Manhunt1

In order to select a specific key for your harmonies, you need to select "scale" in the mode for each harmony voice. The mode settings are the third row of parameters down from the top in the harmonies menu. Once in scale mode, you can select your key and scale.

If the preset major and minor scales don't work for you, select the "cust" (custom) scale option. This allows you to select which note the harmonies play based on which note you sing. For example, if you set the "Map in Note" parameter to A, and you set the "MapOut" parameter to C#, the VL3x harmony will play a C# whenever you sing an A. 

You can save custom scales per-step in your presets, so you're able to dial in very specific harmonies if you need them. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

• July 15, 2019
      • Harmony Voice Settings for Minor keys
        JosephLestochi Hi Rob, I need to know how to do this! I've been using a VL3X for about 4 years (and I LOVE it) in live gigs controlling some harmonies via guitar and midi but I'm having a similar problem as described above. Playing an A major chord via MIDI with one high harmony configured that stays in A major tune while I sing until I sing the fifth, an E. Instead of harmonizing with a high A it plays a G creating a 7th chord instead of maintaining the A major. How do I fix this? Are there more detailed instructions on configuring harmonies available for download? The regular user manual doesn't explain these settings very well. Thanks in advance!!! Joe
        • Feb 4
Go to page