Statistics

251,062 members
128,292 posts
  • DidjMaz
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-10

I am a newbie so please excuse question that might have been dealt with previously

I have a VL3E and Play Acoustic

My questions are:
    1.) I would like to get the chopper effect from the VL3E onto the Play acoustic is this possible?
    2.) I would also like to get the effect Group Shout preset 49 on the Play Acoustic onto the VL3E is this possible ?

read more...
    0 148
    • DidjMaz
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @DidjMaz,
      Unfortunately the answer to both of your questions is "no".  PlayAcoustic is pretty limited when compared to VoiceLive 3.  There isn't any Chopper effect, or even an equivalent.  As for the group shout, that's not in PlayAcoustic either but you may be able to get close by using the doubling "Shout" style in combination with a couple harmony voices?

• October 11, 2019
  • Josenrique1987
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

What will be the set up or if there is any preset for Cranberries songs in the TC Helicon Voicelive Play?

0 92
  • Dale11
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-09

I own a perform V  however it does not fit on my microphone stand and it is very difficult to change the effects during a performance.  I am considering purchasing a mic mechanic or a voice live play.  I need something very simple that I don’t really need to change the settings on too much. I sing popular type rock. 

Can you please make a suggestion for me? I know they perform V has doubling  I don’t see this on the mic mechanic and not really sure if I need it. Mostly I want tone, pitch correction and a little fuller voice with a very small amount of reverb/echo.  I am not a pro so I need something very simple. Please help, thank you 

read more...
    0 741
    • Dale11
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Dale11,
      It sounds to me like the Duplicator is the pedal for you.  It has doubling, reverb, pitch correction, and Tone.

Also in regards to your Perform-V not fitting on your mic stand, please check out David's rant.  You might just need to put some muscle into it, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to break the plastic on the Perform-V's mic clip by forcing it on there.

• October 11, 2019
    • Dale11
      SteveSchow

The Duplicator looks pretty darn nice....and SIMPLE...which is good.  I really love my VoiceLive Play a lot though.  I like having presets.  Truthfully I don't end up using much more than what that Duplicator can do, but I have found it beneficial, as a backup singer, to be able to totally disable my mic with a muted preset, for songs I don't sing on, for example.  I don't see how this unit would let you adjust the gating sensitivity, for example, where with the VoiceLivePlay you have more options to configure how all that stuff works. 

• November 5, 2019
  • Kriswilletts
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-07

Is it possible to use a single foot pedal to control the perform VK to toggle between talk and harmonies?

0 104
  • danielvaloff
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-06
    I recently purchased a brand new Voicelive 3 (not Extreme version) and an MCA100.   I’m frantically trying to program my presets for an upcoming show on October 12th, and I'm running into some problems.

1) The Voicelive 3 crashes and reboots evertyime I attempt to switch the "input type" from dynamic to anything else.  This is extra unfortunate because I need to switch the input type in order to use the MCA100 I bought.  I updated the firmware to the most recent version, but that didn't help.

2)  Is there a way to turn compression on/off on one specific vocal preset?  Or even just have it constantly assigned to on, for just one preset?  I see the button labeled “double/ compression”.  But, I’m starting to get the impression that that compression button is only for guitar.

3)  Is there a way to switch from a “step 2” that has a super long reverb, back to “step 1” and have that long reverb carry over and not abruptly cut off?

Thanks for all your help!

Kindly,

Daniel 

read more...
    0 200
    • danielvaloff
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @danielvaloff,
      1)  This is a weird one I haven't seen before.  My suggestion is to back up any custom presets you've made with VoiceSupport 2, then perform a factory reset (which is covered on page 177 of the manual).  If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to get in contact with our support team to troubleshoot this further, or alternatively if the unit is new-enough maybe exchange it with whichever retailler you bought it from.

2)  You're correct that the "Compression" label on the footswitch is referring to the guitar layer.  Vocal compression is global, controlled in the "Setup" menu on the "Tone" tab, and you cannot set it up per-preset.  You can however slightly adjust the vocal level of each preset, in the "Vocal" menu on the "Preset" tab you can adjust the "Vocal Level Trim" parameter to give each preset +-6dB on you vocals.

3)  Nope, unfortunately only one vocal reverb can be active at a time, so once you've switched Steps the new reverb is the active one and the old tails are either extended or cut depending on the new reverb's settings.

• October 9, 2019
  • Pyrosinger
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-06
    0 91
  • Timmossop
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-10-02

Hey Everybody.

Bit of a noob question, but I can't seem to find an exact answer anywhere?

My question is pretty simple:

* If our band plays a whole tone downtuned (2 x semitones down from A440)

Is the reference for my pitch correction still just default (a440) or do I need to do a manual adjustment to the pedals pitch reference?

Cheers

read more...
    0 618
    • Timmossop
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Timmossop,
      You should be fine and not have to change anything.  Even if you're playing a whole tone down (with guitars tuned to D-G-C-F-A-D), an A4 note is still 440Hz for you guys.  You should be good, cheers!

• October 9, 2019
  • flyingsnowman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-09-30

I tried to import sysex data from a Voicelive 2 into my Voicelive 3 Extreme. Doesn't seem to work! Does this mean that the two devices are incompatible? What about users that have a model 2 and they want to upgrade to the 3 Extreme: will they loose all their sounds???

read more...
    0 133
    • flyingsnowman
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @flyingsnowman,
      Unfortunately yes that's correct - VoiceLive 2 presets are not compatible with VoiceLive 3, and vice versa.  This is because the two products, although quite similar on the outside, are vastly different on the inside.  The harmony effect alone is a greatly revamped algorithm in the VoiceLive 3, restricting conversion between the two products... not to mention all the new audio-routing and guitar effects and everything else new in VoiceLive 3.  Sorry!

• October 3, 2019
  • electricfunk73
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-28

I want to use both the VL3x effects and some of my pedalboard effects that the VL3x doesn't have, at the same time. I am using a mic and playing guitar and/or bass through the VL3x and then it is connected to the PA system via the XLR outs L/R. I would like all the effects from both VL3x and my external pedalboard effects to be heard through the PA system, be able to turn on/off external effects as normal. This setup will be for Church worship service through the stereo PA system. For example, I have an EHX C9 that I like to use for organ sounds, played through my guitar during some parts of the service. I have other pedals that give me different instrument sounds like the C9 that I need to use with the VL3x guitar fx (reverb, chorus, delay, etc...). Some of my external effects are stereo outs like my Mimiq doubler for guitar. How do I connect my external pedalboard of which need a stereo out, so that I can use it with the VL3x's internal fx, and still hear everything through the PA system only. There won't be any amplifier or monitor being used, just straight to the PA system. Thanks!

read more...
    0 301
    • electricfunk73
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @electricfunk73,
      So incorporating a pedalboard with a VoiceLive 3 isn't impossible but it's kinda tricky.  One issue is that the VoiceLive is expecting clean guitar input for reliable chord detection, if you send VL3 a distorted guitar you'll find your vocal harmonies will often pick "wrong" notes.  Another obstacle for your setup is that VL3's guitar input is a mono input only, there's no way to get a stereo signal through its guitar path.  These two things make me want to tell you to put your pedalboard after the VoiceLive, you could run the VL3's stereo guitar output into your stereo pedals no problem, but you said you're using the VoiceLive's guitar effects for reverb and delay - obviously you don't want to be sending an echo-y guitar into your C9...

To have your pedalboard before the VoiceLive, there is a way around the chord-detection thing, but you'll probably have to ditch the idea of using stereo effects on your board.  To be able to use your pedalboard first to alter your guitar signal and then send that into the VoiceLive, and still get reliable chord detection for harmonies, you'll need to split your guitar signal at the source.  Use a 6.5mm splitter (like this) plugged into your guitar to split its dry signal, send one copy through your pedalboard which then goes into the VoiceLive's guitar input, and send the other dry signal copy directly into the VoiceLive's auxiliary ("AUX") input.  Now a couple settings:  In the "Setup" menu on the "System" tab set the "Global NaturalPlay Source" to "Aux/Mon", and also in the "Mix" menu on the "Main Mix" tab turn the "Aux" level all the way down to "Off".  With this configuration, your wet guitar (pedalboard into VoiceLive effects) will be audible out the main XLR outputs, and your dry guitar will be acting as a 'silent' guide through the auxiliary path.

The cons are that you won't be able to have stereo effects from your board, and of course the extra cables, but I believe this is best way to utilize your VoiceLive with a pedalboard and still get reliable harmonies.

• October 3, 2019
  • irwiner
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-09-25

Hello everybody,

I recently purchased the VL3 extreme and am very happy with it. However there are 3 things I cannot find how to do so I am wondering if there is something I have missed, a workaround or it is simply impossible to do... 

1. Looper - When I press Stop track A/B/C button, the track stops instantly. Is is possible to press stop and have the VL3 to stop the track only at the end of it ?

2. Drums - I am really missing the ability to have a set of drums that could be used instead of the metronome for example. Is it possible to replace the standard set of sounds usable for the metronome by another sound? Meaning to navigate in the files of the VL3 and replace the current metronome sounds by other ones ?

Alternatively, I know I can load a drum patern as a backing track or record it with the aux input. However, once this is done, in loop quantize or smart I cannot change the BPM to adjust the pattern speed depending on my needs...I would rather avoid to have 10 backing tracks per drum pattern each with a different bpm.

Do you have any recommendation on how to manage this ?

3. Soud effects guitar or vocals - How can I do to have sound effects on the same preset or even on the whole VL3 to have the same output level in volume ? there are all sort of effects that **bleep**ulate, most of them with pregain and post gain volume options. At the end, hiting the comp, drive or changing the preset can give me a volume level totally different and therefore impossible to mixt together in the looper....

How do you manage this without using a sound level meter in adjusting each effect / preset one by one ?

Thank you all for you help!

read more...
    0 352
    • irwiner
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @irwiner,
      Glad to hear you're liking your VL3X so far.  Hopefully I can help clarify some of these thing for you...

1. There's no way to queue up a loop-stop action, pressing "Stop" will always stop the loop immediately.  This requires a little extra skill/work but you have to time your button press with the end of your loop when you want it to stop.

2. The metronome samples cannot be altered or replaced.  Also there's no way to stretch or squish recorded/imported loops into new BPMs.  So yeah unfortunately you're stuck with having to import drums and dedicate a loop slot to each BPM you think you'll need.

3. Output levels for each preset are managed manually.  There are of course the unit's overall output levels in the Mix menu, but getting each preset's output level relative to other presets is a manual process.  There's no global compressor or something that'll equalize all presets to output at a level similar to each other.  We did our best with the factory presets all to be pretty close to each other's output level, but creating new presets will require you to bounce back-and-forth between a few presets to get an idea of their levels relative to each other.

Sorry this reply turned into "nope, nope, and nope" - if you have any other questions feel free to ask.  Cheers!

• October 3, 2019
Go to page