Statistics

285,600 members
167,584 posts
  • New
    MagicMattBlues
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

The power connector on my FX150 has broken and needs replacing. It looks like it's not manufactured any more, and it's out of warranty. Is it possible to buy the connector, or will I need to cannibalise something? 

Also, is there a replacement unit for the FX150? I really like it and wanted a second, or something that does the same job. 

read more...
    0 7
    • MagicMattBlues
      WilliamR Hello Matt, Please click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket and someone will get in touch with you about ordering this power supply for you. As far as the FX150 goes, we don't have an updated version of the fx150 at the moment.
      • Mar 29
    • MagicMattBlues
      Mtthiede70 Looking for a replacement foot switch for my harmony singer 2 pedal.
      • Mar 30
  • New
    Pmichetti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-28

I was setting up my Voicelive 3 like I've done hundreds of times, unfortunately, I grabbed the wrong power supply/ transformer. As soon as I turned it on it popped and died. Is there an internal fuse or some sort of protection to keep from frying the whole circuit board?  Is it worth trying to fix?

read more...
    0 12
    • Pmichetti
      PedroRodrigues Hi Pmichetti, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest to submit an Service Request to our Service Team by following the link below: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request&brand=TCHelicon Thank you
      • Mar 29
    • Pmichetti
      Nigel67 Hi Pmichetti. There is a 2Amp fuse in the VL3. Labelled F1. Please take all necessary precautions if you do decide to open the unit. You may have damaged other components though depending on the orientation on the pin that carried the voltage. Its worth having a go at changing the fuse, you have nothing to lose.
      • Mar 29
      • VL3, Did I kill it?
        ByronJohnston While adjusting my Voice Live 3, I accidentally moved something that is preventing my AUX plugin that I am using for my Rhythm machine to input the sound into the system. What do you think I did and how can I fix it. Apparently the Reset button under the head phone hole does not work. I tried to do a reset by holding down the small button under the head phone hole and cannot feel the reset button. Perhaps I broke it the last time I did a reset.
        • ·
        • Apr 2
      • VL3, Did I kill it?
        PedroRodrigues Hi ByronJohnston, thank you for your comment, please check my reply on your post above, I hope my guidance will help you overcome this issue. Thank you
        • Apr 3
  • New
    JamesBarbarello
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

Hi, Just got a Perform VK.  Works fine, but two things I can't figure out.  First, when I connect it to my Yamaha MOX-6 keyboard's MIDI out, the Tap key blinks.  When I disconnect the MIDI cable, the blinking stops.  Tried pressing the SET button on startup, but that didn't help.

Second, I can't seem to beam Doubling from the phone app.  It does the modem-like sound thing, but no response from the VK.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on these two areas.  Thanks, Jim

read more...
    0 10
    • JamesBarbarello
      PedroRodrigues Hi JamesBarbarello, thank you for your post, regarding your question please be aware that this unit only offers one MIDI input port that effectively responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard. The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      When it comes to MIDI PC Messages the PERFORM-VK’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      The following chart shows a list of all available control changes. The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity,this is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      About Split Point and Transpose, when controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information.
      It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set. Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note. To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition, in order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above.
      It will seem a bit confusing but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down. So, here’s a chart and some explanation.

In the chart above, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point. That’s where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#) If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET 2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.

When it comes to load presets on your Perform VK you must first open the Perform VK App on your Phone and select a Preset, Song or Artist please first select the slot, 1,2 or 3 where you wish the preset to live and them press Beam.
      Please take in to account is that you must have the Bluetooth of your phone active, you must turn the volume on your device and hold your phone close to the RoomSense Mic and wait until the exchange data sound as ended.
      To locate the RoomSense Mic on your unit please see the picture below:

If you follow these steps you will be able to successfully conclude the preset transfer.

Thank you
      • Mar 23
    • JamesBarbarello
      soundog Beaming never works for me. I now use VoiceSupport2 via USB cable. Its fast and reliable. I sure wish, though, that users could edit and create their own presets and "mixes" of sounds like on the old VoiceLivePro units.
      • Apr 10
  • New
    ronny
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-22

Hi Does anyone know if the quality of the effects across the TC vocal pedals is the same or are some striped down or lesser quality versions?

Mainly interested in the 'Tone' feature but also the effects specificaly on the Harmony GXT, the voicelive touch 2 and the mic mechanic, i have the GXT and the Touch 2 which ive used separately over the years but was thinking of replacing them with the mic mechanic.

i seem to get a beter sound out of the Touch 2 than the GXT and dont know if the GXT can be tweaked to get same quality, Also is the mic Mechanic just a smaller pedal with the same quality.

Thanks for any replies Ronny.

read more...
    0 14
    • ronny
      PedroRodrigues Hi ronny thank you for your post, please consider that the quality and commitment to release the best units possible has been unchanged since TC HELIOCON was founded. Considering what you have stated I would suggest you to first test the Mic Mechanic 2 so you can analyse the Tone on the unit. I would also suggest to check the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME, considering your requirements regarding tone it may be interesting to check the unit. For more information on both units please follow the links below : https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DDW and https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG I hope this helps Thank you
      • Mar 23
    • ronny
      ronny hey Pedro
      • Mar 23
    • ronny
      ronny Hey Pedro, I've had the 3 and the Extreme and and Voiceplay acoustic, used them for years, I'm downsizing. Heres the answer off TC ( i think?) i created a support ticket. "All the TC Helicon products have the same mic preamps and harmony processing engine. The effect engines are the same as well. The main difference is what is present on each unit and whether or not you have control over all the parameters."
      • Mar 23
  • New
    Tyger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

Hello, I have an classical guitar with nylon strings.  It gas a dynamic mic/pickup.  When I go to auto setup using the cable that came with the 3 extreme, the system cannot hear the guitar.  If I change the cable for a shorter one, the system can hear something.  However, nothing comes through the monitors.

Also, using the provided cable, if I turn the guitar gain to nearly max I can get some thudding but no chord sounds.

Am I missing something or do I need a preamp?

read more...
    0 3
    • Tyger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Tyger, thank you for your post, please consider consider that the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME Output can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.
      You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.
      Parameter settings:

Stereo:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.
      -The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).
      -The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.
      Parameter settings:
      Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.
      Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.
      The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to the front-of-house mixer and “the click” to a stage/ monitor mix or the drummer.
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      For a tutorial on PA basics, Yorkville has an extremely useful “PA Primer” guide (PDF):
      https://yorkville.com/downloads/other/basicpaprimer.pdf

There is also a great video episode covering Mixer Setup with TC-Helicon devices:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0AOtafIjs
      Regarding your last question the Guitar output please see the text marked in yellow as effectively you are correct, never the less to effectively provide you with you option regarding the output of the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME will only be complete with the information present on the picture below

I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Mar 23
  • New
    Fergusosullivan
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

Hi,

Is there any way to have the harmony operated by the pedal on a momentary rather than latched basis.

0 7
    • Fergusosullivan
      PedroRodrigues Hi Fergusosullivan, thank you for your post, please take in to account that the Perform-VG is the first product from TC-Helicon to offer harmony style assignments directly to a footswitch.
      This means that you can, for example, assign “High” harmony to one switch and “High & Low” harmony to another, changing them on the fly.
      To assign a style to a footswitch:
      • Enter harmony edit mode by pressing and holding the Harmony button for 2 seconds
      • Select your desired harmony style
      • If you see the level control after holding the harmony button, remember to tap the Harmony button to toggle between level and style control
      • Let the menu “time out” and exit back to normal operation
      • Press and hold the desired foot switch
      • Press the Harmony button to confirm the current style
      • Your harmony style is now assigned to the switch Here’s how the on/off works. Let’s imagine you have two harmony styles assigned to switches 1 and 2 on the footswitch. Switch 1 has “High” harmony and switch 2 has “High & Higher”.
      • If harmony is OFF and you press either switch 1 or switch 2, harmony will turn on with the assigned style • For this example, we’ll say you turned on “High” via switch 1
      • If you press switch 1 again, harmony will turn OFF
      • If you press switch 2, harmony will remain ON and change to the “High & Higher” style
      • If you then press switch 2 again, harmony will turn OFF
      • If you press switch 1 instead, harmony will remain on and change back to the “High” style This new functionality allows you to “stack” harmony by changing the style.
      You could, for example, sing and hold a note, turn on “High” harmony, then turn on “High & Higher” to emulate multi-part additive harmony.
      A vocal/guitar mix of switch assignments could be something like:
      1. High Harmony
      2. Low Harmony
      3. High & Low Harmony
      4. Vocal Echo
      5. Guitar Echo
      6. Guitar Chorus

These are the configuration options when the harmony is operated by the pedal

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Mar 23
      • Perform vg
        Fergusosullivan Thanks. I really like the functionality you describe but I find it much easy to add in harmony when performing by holding down a foot switch for the time period necessary, with the foot switch in momentary mode. I can do this with the voicelive 3 but I would like this option with the perform vg. Any chance of adding it as a firmware upgrade of is this product not capable of this operation?
        • Mar 23
  • New
    Wilbil
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-21

The Bose L1 compact has anti feed back circuitry when placed behind the microphone. And when not going through my TC Helicon VLT, I have no feed back issues. But when I go through my TC H VLT I get a high pitch feed back.
    Not sure what I can do to EQ that out. Any suggestions?

read more...
    0 11
    • Wilbil
      NicJonesMT Hi Willbi.
      Could you please click support at the top of the page and scroll down to the technical support option.
      We would need some more information on exactly how you are setting your full system up, the type of Mic you are using and you exact mic settings on the VLT.
      • Mar 21
  • New
    Reverbduck
    Newcomer - Level 2
    2022-03-20

Hi all,

I can't figure this one out. The manual states that when Lead Mute is turned on, the dry input signal is routed to one output and the wet effects are on the second output so you can blend them to taste at the mixer. I'm running in this mode and this seems to work for some effects - delay, reverb, and harmony, for example, are coming out on the second output just fine and the dry input is coming out of the first output. 

However, when I use an effect like Transducer, it does nothing. If it's the only effect, I get the pure dry signal on one output, and the FX output has no signal. However, if I turn on delay, then I can hear the transducer effect on the delay so I know it's working to some degree. I just can't figure out a way to get the transducer effect on the original lead vocal. The way the manual is written makes me think it should send a copy of the lead vocal wit the distorted transducer effect on it to the effects output, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Any help? I'm stumped!

Thanks

read more...
    0 15
    • Reverbduck
      PedroRodrigues Hi Reverbduck, thank you for your post, please take in to account that the Transducer effects block uses distortion and steep filters to emulate the sound of radios, phones and devices that generally degrade the audio signal.
      Use the soft knob assigned to this parameter to choose a Transducer style you like. The Routing and Gate Threshold parameters are not part of the style.
      The Routing allow you to Select where the Transducer effect is inserted into the signal path for maximum flexibility.
      The options are:
      • OFF - No routing.
      • LEAD - Transducer is inserted on the Lead voice only. Harmonies and Doubling are unaffected.
      • HARMONY - Transducer is inserted on the Harmony path only.
      • VOICES - Transducer is inserted on both the Lead, Harmony and Doubling voices.
      • LEAD FX - Transducer is inserted on the Lead send to the µMod, Delay and Reverb effect sends. Lead voice will be clean, and the effects will be affected by the Transducer style.
      • HARM FX - transducer is inserted on the HARMONY send to the effects. Lead and Harmony voices will be clean, but the effects driven by only the Harmonies will be affected by the Transducer style.
      When it comes to the Transducer IN/OUT GAIN, These act similarly to a guitar distortion pedal or an amplifier with input gain and master level controls. IN GAIN boosts or attenuates the amount of distortion for the distortion type selected. When you adjust the IN GAIN parameter, just like a guitar amplifier, the overall level of the effect goes up and down. Use the OUT GAIN control to adjust the output level of the Transducer block to properly balance the current pre-set with the others.
      For last, if you identified any distortion, please ponder that the Transducer effect has distortion styles but if that effect is off, press the Input Gain button while you sing to check that your input is not clipping.
      I hope this helps.
      Thank you
      • Mar 21
  • New
    reboramuriel
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-19

I'm trying to record into Cubase.

Everything is plugged in.

The first time I started the software it recognized the device and set it up automatically.

The following times, however, it won't recognize it and I don't know what to do to solve it.

I've tried restarting, unplugging and so on?

Any workarounds?

Muriel.-

read more...
    0 5
    • reboramuriel
      PedroRodrigues Hi reboramuriel, thank you for your post, please take in to account that this unit allows a Stereo audio input and output via USB with a 16-bit resolution with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate. Incoming USB audio signals are NOT passed to the USB output, allowing you to sing/play along with tracks from your DAW while recording back “just the vocals and guitar”.
      Please confirm that your Play Acoustic reflects these features when configured with your DAW specially the Input track on CUBASE must be a Stereo Track with a 16-bit resolution with 44.1 or 48 kHz sample rate.
      Thank you
      • Mar 21
  • New
    MichaelWells
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-18

It worked before , but recently - i scan and it doen't find it.  It finds my other non-tchelicon stuff.  Is there a setting or something?

0 10
    • MichaelWells
      PedroRodrigues Hi MichaelWells, thank you for your post, can you please confirm that you have installed the driver for your Perform VK. The Perform series units, as the VG, VK, V and VE, they all requires a driver called the TCH DICE driver, to access the latest version for this driver, Perform-VE Windows Driver version 4.3.2.47999, please follow the link below:
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/search/Tchelicon?text=PERFORM-VK#googtrans(en|en)
      Please also confirm that you only have the VOICESUPPORT 2 running on your computer and that your USB cable is in good conditions avoiding any adaptors. Thank you
      • Mar 21
Go to page