Statistics

294,246 members
177,332 posts
  • PeterDunbar
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-09

Hello,

PaunurgyOEM inspected my faulty unti (knob issue) and determined it needed a whole new board.

You instructed PanurgyOEM to send the unti to you, and you would deal with me directly in resolving my support request.

I have been without my unit since December 26, 2019. Yes, going on 3 months.

I went to Paunurgy directly becasue I got no response for a while from a ticket CAS-52050-W9F6Z5

Can you please tell me if you have received my unit? Can you please contact me and let me know what I need to do? I REALLY need my unit...

Please help...

Peter Dunbar

read more...
    0 125
    • PeterDunbar
      TCH-Rob

Hi @PeterDunbar ,

I got in touch with our care team and apparently they have emailed you at the address you provided. I would search "music tribe" in your email and double check your spam. They also sent a fresh reply yesterday which you may have received.  

• March 11, 2020
  • antonmartin
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

Hi there,

do you think there will ever be a new firmware for VL3X or is the last one from 2019 the final version?

I would like to know if it's worth to wait or not. I miss the midi start and stop option and mapping start/stop of direkt audio to USB recording to a switch.

Thanks

Toni

read more...
    0 235
    • antonmartin
      ChrisF

I think I heard it from the web-vine that no more f/w updates for the VL3X to gear up for the VL4.

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      antonmartin

Hi, thanks for your reply. Is there any information when a VL4 will come out. It's very quiet about TC Helicon at the moment.

Toni

• March 8, 2020
    • antonmartin
      TCH-Rob

Hi @antonmartin,

we're currently working hard on the next Voicelive product and some other exciting new products here at TC Helicon. We're running with a very lean team right now, so we simply don't have the bandwidth to work on new firmware for older products and develop new ones. If one of our engineers took time to update VL3 that would directly set back the release of the next Voicelive and other new products. 

As of now the VL3x is in it's final stage, but we hope to have the capacity to continue to update it at some point in the future.  

• March 10, 2020
  • yammo
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-06

I have done some tests and I have found that voice rack FX is working as an AUv3 audio unit in cubasis on apple ios 11.1.2. But.. on ios12 or higher it has issues crash and controls not rendering, this needs to be fixed to work with apple ios 12 or higher. Please pass this on to the developers so that they can get a fix, I have been trying to get the issue resolved for over a year with no success and no help... ?

read more...
    0 106
    • yammo
      yammo

looks like TC Helicon /Electronics has abandoned this app, I feel I need to review this on the app store so future buyers know of the issues, and the developers have given up and to avoid buying the app. or any future apps by this developer..... 

• March 11, 2020
    • yammo
      TCH-Rob

Hi @yammo ,

I'll let our app development team know about this ASAP. These issues likely aren't on their radar. Thanks for letting us know!  

• March 12, 2020
  • kotox
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-03-03

Hey!

Quick question.

Can i connect my syntehsizer to the TC Helicon Talkbox also, not just guitar? (Like the Banshee for example can)

Thanks!

0 100
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-02

I want to ask a similar question from https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Musician/Looper-output-through-guitar-jacks-on-VL3X/m-p/264092/highlight/false but in this forum.

How can I send looper output to the guitar jacks. Or in general seperate from the vocal or guitar tracks? Is this possible on the VL3X?

read more...
    0 96
    • ChrisF
      TCH-Rob

Hi @ChrisF ,

Unfortunaly you can't reroute the looper on VL3x. You can route the backing tracks to the guitar outputs but not the looper. 

• March 4, 2020
  • Adventurer
    Contributor - Level 3
    2020-03-01

I have a switch-3 footpedal connected to my voicelive 3 footpedal jack and only button 2 of the Switch 3 (center button) works. Buttons 1 & 3 do nothing. I am using a TRS plug that came with the Switch-3. I have run through the setup and attempted to change function of button 1 & 3. Nothing works. Performed factory reset of the VoiceLive-3 and updated firmware (2.2.00 build 366). Still buttons 1 & 3 of switch do not work. Need help, folks!

read more...
    0 391
    • Adventurer
      PetGerbil

If you press the "Setup" Button, in the "Input" Tab, have you got the "input type" set to either "Dynamic Mic" or "Condenser" (Depending on what mic you've got ?) The other types might be overiding the footswitch.

If everythings fine there, Tab right to "Mic Control" and make sure they're set to  "Off"

Tab right again, And you say everythings set right in the "Footswitch" Tab ? set to "Switch 3" etc...?

And the footswitch is plugged into the top "Footswitch" Jack.?

If it's nothing from above, then I dunno.

Might be the lead... 

If all else fails,you could maybe find a shop that sells Switch 3's and ask if you could take you're VL3 in to try it with a different one.

• March 1, 2020
    • Adventurer
      TCH-Rob

@Adventurer this could be an issue with your unit. If you haven't already, create a care ticket under the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com!  

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      ChrisF

Have you tried a different cable? Is there a way you can try the Switch 3 on a different device, like a 3-channel switching amp maybe? Hopefully it's the cable or the Switch 3 and not the unit itself.

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      Adventurer

Yes, I tried a different TRS cable.  I also checked out the TRS cable and there is continuity between all 3 contacts (tip-to-tip, ring-to-ring & sleeve-to sleeve) on both ends of the cable and there is no short between any of the TRS contacts. IO have no other foot-contolled device to test the Switch-3 and I would be hesitant to do this anyway as I do not have a schematic for the Switch-3 and I wouldn't know what it would do to other systems if a attempted to connect it there.

• March 2, 2020
    • Adventurer
      ChrisF

Switch 3 schematic is here. https://branchonmaybe.wordpress.com/2012/02/25/using-digitech-fs3x-footswitch-with-t-c-helicon-harmony-m/. I doubt that's the issue though, since it's a pretty simple circuit.

• March 5, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-03-01

I thought I understood the Global Preset feature on p.69-71 of the manual, and I thought I had this working, per this post https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Voice-Processors/Global-voice-and-guitar-setting-on-VL3X-but-compression-only/m-p/291825#M578

However, I don't know if this is an anomaly.

I use preset 491 as my global preset (default setting in Setup->Global Preset), and make changes to preset 491, and store them. In this preset, Globa is set to Off in all of the tabs (correct?) for both Vocal and Guitar menus. In this preset, Double for Vocals is set to On, and the Vocal Double button is on.

Now I want to use the settings for global preset 491 on preset 1. So I go to preset 1, click on Vocal, tab over to Double, and set Global to On. However, the Double button does NOT come on? Also when I toggle from Global Off -> On, I see a message on the screen that says "Stopped A." What is this? Note at some point, I mapped my uMod, Delay, and Reverb buttons on a different prset other than 1 or 491, as loop triggers, but I've since removed that and use my Switch 3 instead.

Can someone from TCH please take a look? Thanks!

read more...
    0 163
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

I factory-reset my VL3X, and it seems like the global preset functionality is broken on my machine. For example, I set uMod, Delay, and Reverb to Hit+, and Comp to On on the default preset 491 (factory default), and set the Hit button to G-Hit. So now Comp is always on, and uMod, Delay, and Reverb come on when I click the Hit button. I go out/in of preset 491, and the settings persist so I know I stored the settings.

I then go to preset 1, set Guitar uMod, Delay, and Reverb to Global On, and Comp to Global On, and I expect preset 1 to act like preset 491, but NO! Comp is NOT on, and the uMod, Delay, and Reverb do NOT come on when I click the Hit button.

Sad state of affairs! I'll have to exchange the machine.

• March 5, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob , @PetGerbil , can you please confirm that I understand the Global preset functionality correctly before I exchange my unit? In short, what ever effect setting I want to use globally, I set it up in preset 491, the default Global preset, and save it. Then to use the global preset behavior/settings for that same effect on a user preset, say preset 1, I set Global = On for that effect, and save it. If the behavior/settngs is NOT taking on the user preset, then I may have a defective unit?

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

@TCH-Rob @PetGerbil , I guess I'm specifically talking about an effect's "Hit Control" behavior. Do these map over from the Global preset 491 setting to the preset (e.g., preset 1) I turn Global = On?

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

I haven't re-set up my VL3 from a practise session yet so i can't check but, I wouldn't be suprised if it didn't take the On/off setting from the "Global" setting.

I think it's just for taking the settings and not the "state" of the preset,possibly because the "State" (On/off) could be set elsewhere in the preset, It would affect the "Hit" operation, and every time you used the "Global" preset you would have to change the associated "Hit" state as well.

• March 7, 2020
    • ChrisF
      PetGerbil

Just thinking out loud here.... I think that once you change the effect part to Global, then any changes you make now affect the Global preset (491) I'm wondering if it's behavior is because the relationship is reversed.. 

Whenever I use the Global feature(which isn't often,as you can tell! ) I  dump the settings I want, to the preset I'm on via Global,then straight away change it back to "Not Global" then save the preset. As I don't want my inane fiddlings affecting the Global preset.

The behaviour you're describing sounds like a "...yeah,we did it like that because it would cause problems elsewhere if we didn't" feature,rather than being broken.

I'll check later when I've got everything wired back up.

• March 7, 2020
  • ChrisF
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-29

Here's a simple request for VL3X. p.175 of the manual lists all kinds of functions I can map to either Switch 3 or Switch 6 button, but NOT the Swap looper function. I ended up mapping a Track C trigger, but it's not quite the same since I have to press the button near beat 1 or either Track B or Track C to switch from one to the other, whereas the Swap function will switch automagically on beat 1 of the other track for me.

Or is this possible to do in another way, that is trigger either Track B or Track C to go to its beat 1 correctly?

Thanks!

read more...
    0 84
    • ChrisF
      ChrisF

Hmmm, I think, once the tracks are recorded, if you set the looper Sync mode to Serial it'll (sorta) do the trick. The manual says that in serial mode, it'll wait for one loop to finish before it goes to the next loop. However, I set my Switch 3 to trigger each of the 3 tracks, one button for each track, and the loop is immediatly triggered when pressing the correspoinding button. IOW, if track A is playing 1-2-3-4, and I press track B button trigger on track A's beat 2, it correctly starts track B on beat 1, but on beat 2 or track A, instead of waiting for track A to finish all 4 beats.

Can someone confirm this please? Thanks!

• March 1, 2020
  • CntryBoyNC
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-29

Does anyone have a preset profile for vocal and or guitar for Stephen Stills , and songs?? THANKS!

0 75
  • Spaceman21489
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-29

Hello-I've purchased a used TC Helicon, Voicelive 3 and set it to default settings right when it arrived to my home.  My question is did I just erase all of the (potential) updated firmware to the device or just the settings?  And I plugged in the VL3 into the computer and it didn't "recognize" it in any way...I have an iMac.

Thanks for any info you may have.

read more...
    0 199
    • Spaceman21489
      ChrisF

I believe it just clears out the user presets. Did you download Voicelive Support 2? If not download and i nstall it and plug your VL3 to see if it recognized it. You'll be able to learn if you'll need f/w update too in the app.

• February 29, 2020
    • Spaceman21489
      TCH-Rob

Hey @Spaceman21489 ,

@ChrisF 's advice to use voicesupport is good. If your device isn't recognized by voicesupport or you get a message saying "device in use", be sure to go to the "midi" tab in the setup menu and set the "source" parameter to usb.

• March 2, 2020
Go to page