Statistics

289,865 members
172,429 posts
  • MaishaBrend
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-08

I've been using this Perform V for live performances for a couple of months now. I like the unit, its fun to use, but I seem to keep having the same problem over and over again. During a show, my mic will either cut completely out, or it will garble and make a static like sound while I'm singing. It happens when I have effects on or when I don't have any effects on. We've adjusted gains, changed the wireless channels, switched mics, we've exhausted every single thing we can think of and we still have this issue. It happens in our full band, and also in our duo, which is low key, not as much "oomph" - so I don't believe its a gain issue. I set the gain before every performance for the room and set up, and I monitor it throughout the show, it hardly ever leaves 'green'. I'm at a total loss. 

I use a wireless Sennheiser 835 and run the input/output cables to the board and the wireless receiver. It works wonderfully, except for this cutting out issue. I was told that using a wireless mic should have no issue, but I'm wondering if they were wrong. Any ideas?

EDIT - I tried using the Perform V with a wired mic last weekend and still had this issue. Is it possible my unit is defective?

read more...
    0 232
    • MaishaBrend
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MaishaBrend !

Is there any chance it's the wireless mic that's cutting out? 

What's the order of your signal flow? Is it mic into Perform VE into mixer?

• February 12, 2020
  • Pauldritsas6
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hi Guyz Im just wondering how to completely remove my imported backing tracks from the unit. I know how to remove a bt from preset. im just wondering if the bts can be removed entirely without a factory reset. Cheers

0 177
    • Pauldritsas6
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Pauldritsas6 ,

You should be able to do this by pressing store, going to "manage track", and selecting track # "all" (to the left of track #1) and deleting it. This should remove all backing tracks from the Voicelive without requiring a factory reset. 

• February 5, 2020
  • Baskervil
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-02-03

Hello. I've bought a new TC Singthing. It has very very low mic level and I cannot set it! Only automatic input gain.

Previously I had FX150 and it was possible to set it with a knob. On this model I see no options for volume at all! 

And also no eq for the mic if I don't want to use tone function

read more...
    0 87
    • Baskervil
      TCH-Rob

Hi @Baskervil , 

The goal with the SingThing was to make it as simple as possible for users, hence it only having automatic input gain and automatic tone. If you need to boost your volume, sing more quietly while setting your input gain.  

• February 3, 2020
  • MarkGamache
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

What is the lowest latency possible with the VL3? 

I am trying to use VL3 as a low latency audio interface. However, even at the lowest possible settings in asio4all I am still getting noticeable latency (it sounds like a very fast slap back echo). I have other ASIO devices that do not have this issue (at worst there is some mild phasing due to the latency in those devices at 48K / 128 sample buffer). I am using Bluecat's Patchwork to access the device. Relying on asio4all seems like a cop-out, TC didn't want to spend the time to write proper ASIO divers. 

(I am running the latest firmware and using an i7 with 32gigs of ram). 

read more...
    0 118
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

Hi @MarkGamache ,

Unfortunately the VL3 interface does have some latency; we plan to improve this on future Voicelive iterations. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Thanks for info. Of course the big question is *when* will a VoiceLive 4 be released? I know there's no way TC marketing will choose a forum to anounce a new product. However, It feels like TC has gotten lost in the all the mergers and you are focusing on more mobile/Podcasting apps. Any hints you can drop would be welcome. 

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      TCH-Rob

@MarkGamache a new Voicelive is currently one of our primary development focuses; there probably won't be anything in 2020 but we're planning to get something out as quickly as we can!

• February 7, 2020
    • MarkGamache
      MarkGamache

Awsome. I'll expect a release at Winter NAMM 2021 (kidding). It will be inteesting to see if you keep the guitar effects. For solo acoustic players it's killer, but for electric guitars it really didn't work (IMO). I stacked pedals in front of it for a while, but then moved to a Helix/HX Stomp.  

I'll add one specific request... An 1176 style compressor upfront for transients if you keep the gutiar processing and another compressor for the end of the effects chain (LA-2A / Tube) to smooth the sound like butter. 

• February 7, 2020
  • NiallMullan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-02-02

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is equivalence for the tone button and voice pitch correction that is present on the MIc Mechanic 2 on the Voice Live 3 Extreme.

The MM2 tone button really works well on my voice, while the pitch correction is subtle, I am not at all interested in hard autotune.

Thanks,

N

read more...
    0 103
    • NiallMullan
      TCH-Rob

Hi @NiallMullan , 

You'll find tone settings in the "setup" menu of the VL3, which will give you all the control (and more) than the Mic Mechanic. The "correct natural" Hardtune setting may be as subtle as the Mic Mechanic 2, and if it isn't, you're able to reduce the amount of tuning by scrolling down in the hardtune menu.  

• February 3, 2020
  • roblytton
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-31

This is my first post, sorry if this question is asked and answered repeatedly.   I just bought the VoiceLiveTouch2, and am starting to work with it.   Having been a TCHeliconSynth and TCHeliconCreate user, I'm used to being able to bypass the effect by simply not having it engaged.    So far, I haven't found a way to "bypass" the VoiceLiveTouch2 via some kind of a switch on the chassis somewhere.   Is there a bypass?   If not, I thought perhaps I could just create an effects patch that has no effects and has the mix set to 100% dry, and just invoce that patch as a way of effectively bypassing the device.   Any suggestions for a rookie?   Thanks!

read more...
    0 190
    • roblytton
      TCH-Rob

Hi @roblytton , 

If you hold the "hit" button on the bottom right of the Voicelive Touch 2, you'll enter "talk" mode. This bypasses all effects except tone.

• January 31, 2020
  • TomMeehan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-31

I was recently made aware of the VoiceLiveEditor software.  It looks to be exactly what I need. The odd thing is I can't find any information about the company that produced the software.  Even on their own website there is no self identifying information.  I did download the free version which unfortunately doesn't work on MacOS Catalina. I would really love to get the full version once i have some way to contact the company about compatibilty issues etc.  Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

read more...
    0 156
    • TomMeehan
      PetGerbil

Under the "USER" tab on their website,there's a "Contact Us" Link.

Shoot 'em an e-mail.

• January 30, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      tpmvl3 I forgot I posted this. but the developer never did respond to my questions. I am now noticing my user name has somehow changed from TomMeehan to tpmvl3.
      • April 26, 2021
  • lukey
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-30

For the guys who perform with backing tracks, do you also use a seperate click track?
    In my case I have one track with bass + sometimes also other instruments and I need to play a click track at the same time for inear monitoring. Whats the easiest solution in this case?
    The main reason I want to use the backing track function on the VL3x and not extern is that i want to map effects to certain parts of the song.

read more...
    0 111
    • lukey
      TCH-Rob

Hi @lukey , 

The easiest way to implement a backing track with click on VL3x is to make a stereo backing track with the click on one side and the track on the other. You can then send one of the outputs to monitors and the other to the mains. The downside of this is that your vocal and guitar effects must be in mono for it to be really effective, but this shouldn't effect your sound/performance too significantly. 

• January 30, 2020
      • Backing Track on VL3x (Clicktrack)
        lukey Hi Robert, finally i got my VL3x. I just tried what you suggested and put the backing track on a stereo track with click on the left side and instrumental on the right side. I routed the backing track to guitar output and the problem i got is that the click also appears on the right output :/ this is a problem which also appears with headphones on my computer as an analog crosstalk but doesn't appear when i use an audio interface...
        • December 28, 2020
      • Backing Track on VL3x (Clicktrack)
        lukey How can i solve this?
        • December 28, 2020
  • LabGeek
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-29

TLDR; What voice processor offers a large amount of control over the humanizing of individual harmony voices, to the point where a resulting harmony voice almost sounds like a bad backup singer?

I am looking to a add one of the Vocal harmony units to my gear for songwriting.  It is just easier to try out the sound by myself without wasiting everyones time as I constantly change my mind.  Many years ago I had access to a rack mount device that allowed me to edit the "human" qualities of the backup vocalists.  I found that reviews of the Voice Prism had this feature.  But when I look at the newer units I don't see any mention of those settings.  In some manuals there is a mention of tight and loose harmony where the "Humanizing" and "Scoop" are changed slightly.  But no discussion on how to make significant changes to those atributes.
    I remember the old device I had also allowed me to set the vibrato, Pitch holding (warble), Timing, and breath.  Yes It let me set how long a harmony voice could hold a note before it gave up and stopped.  I always thought it should have the option of a "away from mic cough or gasp for air" and then a return to the note.
    It let me set the gender and the range.  Thus if a harmony note was outside the singers limit, the next note in the chord up or down would be selected.  I wish I could remember what it was called.  I remember using the term "vocalist" when talking about it.. but that might have been a generic name for the device.  Anyway..

I had assumed that with all the passing years, over 20,  that all those features would have grown stronger.  But now it seems as if they have been simplified to a few selections.   Is there a companion app that allows this type of custom custom setup that I have missed? 

One song I am trying to recreate used a doubling effect where the other voice was a lower register voice but in unison and it sang like a drunk cowboy.  Slightly off key sometimes, and often late.  It worked for the chous of the song.  I'd love to build that effect again.   I just liked that imperfect sound sometimes.  

I'll keep reading manuals, maybe the settigns are on one of the units and I am missing them. 
    Thanks for any feedback.

read more...
    1 100
    • LabGeek
      TCH-Rob

@LabGeek Voicelive 3, Voicelive 3 extreme, and Voicelive Touch 2 offer these parameters on each doubling and harmony voice so you can make them sound as "human" as you'd like. It gives quite a lot of control. 

• January 30, 2020
  • bfntn7
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-28

My Voicelive has all of a sudden stopped producing any harmony across all patches. I've gone through all the settings but cant find what the problem is. Any ideas? Thanks

0 101
Go to page