Statistics

289,498 members
172,015 posts
  • TomMeehan
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

vl3x.jpg

I am having trouble getting my guitar signal to go to either the main or the guitar outs.  Guitar thru works fine.  As far as I know i've done all setup steps correctly.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 230
    • TomMeehan
      PetGerbil

Everything turned up in the "Mix" section ?

(press the "Home" button, then twiddle one of the four mini knobs)

• January 26, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      davedroug

by the looks of it on the bottom line in output you have it set to usb stereo now i maybe wrong but you need to change that to guitar voice try it if my memory serves me right thats what i did

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TCH-Rob

@TomMeehan I would echo @PetGerbil suggestion; you can adjust your mains guitar volume in the "mix" section. If this doesn't work let us know and we can continue troubleshooting!  

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TomMeehan

[note Somehow this reply got placed in the wrong place.] Thanks for the suggestion. It appears that changing the USB Out setting is locked based on the USB Input mode. The options in input are DAW Tracking, DAW Insert, Stereo. If Daw tracking is selected, the output options become: SAME AS XLR, DRY VOX L, GUITAR R. Neither of those settings fix the problem. Note there is no option GUITAR VOICE. 

• January 27, 2020
    • TomMeehan
      TomMeehan

All the mix levels are maxed out. Still no guitar signal ?

• January 27, 2020
  • ThomasJungi
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-26

Hello.
    I will use the TC-Helicon voicelive touch2 as an audio interface. In the technical specification is written that the VLT2 has a 24 bit DA/AD. There exists no asio driver for the VLT2 so I have to use the asio4all driver. It works with this driver. But the asio4all tells me that the input and output has only 16 bit DA/AD. How can I achieve that the asio driver will work with 24 Bit for the VLT2?
    Thank you  for your support.
    Thom

asio4all-vlt2.jpg

read more...
    0 290
    • ThomasJungi
      KenMitchell

Hi @ThomasJungi , 

I suspect the 24 bit AD/DA is referring to the internal processing and not the USB audio interface.  I can't find anything in the documentation that specifies the USB audio spec.   44.1-48k, 16bit is CD quality which should be fine for most applications.  I only use high bitrates when I know I'm going to be doing some precision editing of the audio.  

Hope this helps, 

Ken

• January 26, 2020
  • geodude
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-25

How do you get support for TC Helicon products?  They seem completely unresponsive via tickets.

0 198
    • geodude
      KenMitchell

Hi @geodude , 

Welcome to the community.  The ticketing system has been fubar for months now.  It usually takes days and sometimes weeks to get a response.  To be honest, I'm not sure it's TCH's fault. It seems to be across all Music Tribe companies so I suspect it's more of a systems problem.  You might be better off to ask your questions here.  Of course, for warranty and repair you're stuck with the CARE portal. 

Ken

• January 25, 2020
    • geodude
      TCH-Rob

Hi @geodude ,

I'm currently TCH's primary support person; you're free to ask me any questions you need to here. Currently our ticket system is in the process of being fixed, as we're having some website issues, so this forum is the best place to get support from us! 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions I can help you with!  

• January 27, 2020
    • geodude
      KenMitchell

Thanks Rob and welcome.  Do you mind if we tag you when we find posts that are TCH related?  Also, are you covering the gaming stuff like GoXLR as well? 

Thanks again, 

Ken

• January 27, 2020
    • geodude
      Uhu1

Hallo, ja seltsam, ich versuche auch eine Antwort auf m er eine Frage gelöst zu bekommen aber ich finde keine Telefonnummer oder Adresse um Antwort zu bekommen! 

Ich will nur wissen sie ich das stereo aux in to guitaroutputs stereo Routen kann??? Aber ich finde keine Antwort hier. Wisst ihr was ich tun muss?

• January 29, 2020
  • TonyFry
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-25

I'm experiencing an annoying problem that I'm sure has a simple fix, but I must be too much of a dummy to find it. 
    I created a loop, and saved it to a specific location. Now, when I switch the VL3 off and back on again, the loop appears in EVERY preset. Doesn't matter how many times I delete it, it keeps coming back. It's driving me crazy. Anyone out there know how to help this simple idiot please??

read more...
    0 151
    • TonyFry
      PetGerbil

When you delete the loop, you have to save it empty. (not the preset. save in the loop section.) So it'll stick.

• January 25, 2020
    • TonyFry
      TonyFry

Ok. Thanks for that. Seems a bit of a "workaround" but if that what you've got to do to make it work.............

I've been using the looper on the fly up to date, but now want to save some specific loops for use in a live performance. Is this not possible given how you only appear to be able to save the last loop you did? Or am I being stupid again??

• January 25, 2020
    • TonyFry
      PetGerbil

Heh. Doing it that way has the advantage of being able to turn the machine on when you have a quick idea that you wanna try out, you only have to delete what ever loops there and start recording. Safe in the knowledge that what ever was there, will be there the next time you turn on.

If you go to the "Utility" section when you're in the Looper section. (The bit where "Save" is)

If you look in the bottom left corner of the display, you'll see it say "slot1" If you press the "Up" footswitch on the VL3 that'll take you to the next slot. (You'll see an up and down arrow symbol above it.)

(This only works in the "Util" menu,( If the Arrows are there above the slot number) If the arrows aren't there,then you'll change the preset..which can be confusing if you're not expecting it. )

• January 25, 2020
  • Mickeyme91
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-24

Hi all, I`m having issues on overdubbing on a loop.

When I overdub I cannot hear the previous loop anymore, even if I overdub at a very small volume.

If I overdub not playing anything the previous loop si muted..

What am I doing wrong? It was going well before.

Thanks!

read more...
    0 73
  • gusring
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-23

Hi TC Helicon!

I really love my Voicelive 3 and it suits my needs for performing live perfectly with all functions for guitar and vocals. I am having an issue with it though which makes me think of maybe having to let the unit go and change to something else.

The guitar channel has this hum/hiss on it which won't seem to go away. I have checked both xlr out and jack out into both an amp, my studio monitors and headphones and the hum/hiss is still there. I have tried all possible gain settings, change phase, check that phantom power is off, tried ground loop button (makes no difference), tried putting the cables through a linebox with activated ground loop button. Nothing makes a difference, and it's so sad because I really love this unit but this makes it unusable for me. Could you help me out in any way to fix this issue? Would be greatly appreciated.

read more...
    0 208
    • gusring
      TCH-Rob

Hi @gusring , 

The first thing I would do is double check that the noise isn't coming from any of your guitar or cabling; if you haven't already I would plug your guitar directly into an amp to make sure your cables/the guitar aren't causing any issues. Often a bad cable can introduce noise or unwanted hum into a signal chain. 

If you've already done that, it may be worth getting in touch with our care team! Your guitar channel shouldn't be making a hum (unless you've got single coils and the input gain is very high) and they should be able to help you fix it. You can create a care ticket at www.musictribe.com under the support tab. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!  

• January 23, 2020
  • Wendy
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22
    I use a preset on my unit for harmonies on a particular song. There are layers of vocals that repeat during part of the song behind the lead vocal.. Is there a way to create a loop and save it as part of a preset that can be activated and deactivated in different parts of the song during a live performance? If sis there a way to keep it on time with the band without a click track? I would love to see a video where they used loops in different ways.
    read more...
    0 79
  • lightison
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-22

Hello,

I've been trying to contact TC Helicon Support for days. I encounter an error every time I try to submit a service ticket.

I bought a Voicelive 3 used on Reverb in July. The control knob is busted off with the shaft inside it. Fella that sold it claimed it was a mainly cosmetic issue that did not interfere with the unit's functionality. That was true, at first. Settings could still be adjusted by pressing the knob into the unit.

That no longer works, meaning I can't adjust many settings. I can't reset the unit to it's factory default because I can't use the knob. I've been trying to get in touch to get a quote for replacing the knob or some kind of workaround if it exists.

Can someone please help me, with a quote for repair or with contact information for an actual person or technician? I'm now stuck with this unit that is at once mostly functional and basically useless to me. I'm in Erie, Pa. Thanks in advance.

Best,

Elliot

IMG_1010.JPG
    read more...
    0 328
    • lightison
      TCH-Rob

Hi @lightison , 

Our support system was having some issues this month but it should be working now. If you create a care ticket under the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com it should allow you to create a ticket. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions!  

• January 24, 2020
  • Chris_Lenois
    Contributor - Level 1
    2020-01-21

1) Is it possible to connect the Harmony Singer stompbox to a PA that does NOT have phantom power? 

2) Is it possible to use the Harmony Singer stompbox without also connecting it to a guitar? 

0 108
    • Chris_Lenois
      TCHelicon-Tad

24v Phantom Power is always on when using the Harmon Singer device. This will power condenser mics but will not affect Dynamic Mics. So, you should be able to plug it in fine. 

No, you don't need a guitar. The guitar is there to help identify natural harmonies that can work in-key with your guitar, without the guitar, it will function manually based on the settings you have on the device. It's just a little something special we built into the product, but not necessary. 

• January 21, 2020
    • Chris_Lenois
      kiskadar69

2.Because the Harmony Singer does not allow you to manually select a scale, you cannot use the Harmony function if you do not connect an instrument. The Tone and Reverb functions are still available.

• January 24, 2020
  • Crimso23
    Contributor - Level 2
    2020-01-20

I cannot figure out how to print the preset list in Voice Support 2. There must be a way. It's very **bleep**bersome to scroll through the list every time I'm looking for a preset. I know I can add presets to my favorites to make scrolling easier, but I'd also like to explore other presets (without scrolling). 

read more...
    0 117
Go to page