Statistics

284,893 members
166,745 posts
  • AstonWylie
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-04

Hey there, i need help importing loops. I made the usb Fat32, named the enclosing folder VL3_Loops and pressed store. It always says "track import" and never "loop import". Any help would be appreciated.

0 142
    • AstonWylie
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AstonWylie,
      Have you checked out the manual?  Pages 143-145 have some crucial info regarding this.  It sounds like your folder structure is correct, but take note of the formatting of your files - for example MP3's aren't supported.

• December 5, 2019
  • tch-tad
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-12-04

Hey Everyone,

We'd like to know what your favorite vocal presets are from the VoiceLive Play series. This information will be used to help us create new presets for future products and will give us insight into what your favorite effects and settings are on the VoiceLive Play products. 

If you've got a preset you love, PLEASE, let us know below!

read more...
    0 110
  • AndréAugustoSpi
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-04
    Hello TC Helicon lovers.
    I have a question and would like you can help.

If I accidentally turn on Phantom Power on the xlr input of a mixer with my VoiceLive2 connected, could this damage the VL2?

Thanks in advance.

André Milanezi
    Brazil
    read more...
    0 104
  • philip1
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-12-02
    Having trouble getting gender button to work. Keep on trying to recalibrate but top red and green light keeps flashing. Any suggestions please
    0 112
  • HarmonicaMan
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-29

I'm wanting to know before I purchase a VL3, Can I play a Harmonica through it, and use most or all the effects. and can the Harmonies be used with out an instrument for vocals? If not can I play a Music track to set the Key for the harmonies?

0 122
    • HarmonicaMan
      SimonBlakely

Harmonica through the Vocal channel is generally not good - the Vocal pitch-tracking is intended for mono-timbral input, and the multi-timbral sound of a harmonica confuses the tracker and automatic pitch correction.

The best option for harmonica is to use a preset step that disables most of those features/effects.
      You can still use reverb and delay, but not doubling/harmonisation.

If you send a harmonica through the Guitar channel, everything should be OK and you will be able to use the guitar effects, but you will need to adjust the input level and impedence from the harmonica microphone to the guitar input. 

NaturalPlay can obtain chord information for harmonies from the backing track or from the aux input (or from the inbuilt mic capturing the sound from the stage).

• December 5, 2019
    • HarmonicaMan
      BigDogDaddyD

Hey Harmonicaman...  I've used a VLT2 with my harps for several years now.  I use a Shure 57 and get some really great effects.  I also use little cheap lavalier microphones (lapel mic) when I play blues or Cajun style and want it to sound gritty.  I also play my guitar through the VLT2 as well.  I had to experiment a lot.  Sat down and just stepped through all the different vocal options in the box.  Some sounded great with the low end diatonics.  Others worked better with the high notes.  Have to admit some didn't sound too well at all.  Especially with the tremelo and echo harps.  Playing a 3 note chord with delay, reverb, and chorus with different settings can sound beautiful with one harp, and make the dogs want to attack you with another.  But I had the best results with single note playing.  Playing folk or classical with little or no chords seems to allow for a much broader use of all the options.  Hopes this helped.  Good luck with your journeys. 

• January 20, 2020
  • AdrianaGarrido
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-29

hi, guys

I'm using the morningstar MC6 controller to send midi clock to VL3X and to control other drum machine by footwitch. I followed the setup suggested on a BeatBuddy thread (bellow) but still couldn't get the looper totally in sync. I noticed that you really can't stop and start again the beat generator (BB or any other) because of the downclock, but even when I just let the beat playing along with the loop, it seems to slightly drift from the inicial tempo over a few bars.

any thoughts? that's veeeery frustrating

SETUP>MIDI
    Source: MIDI PORTS
    Midi Tempo: ON
    Input Channel: 1
    Output Channel: Off
    Input Filter: None
    Output Filter: None
    Transpose: O
    Pitchbend Range: 12
    Split Note C-1
    Split Direction: ABOVE
    Vibrato Boost: MANUEL
    SYSEX ID: 0

LOOPER SETUP
    Current Slot: 1
    Mix Looper to NP: Off
    Auto Met On: On
    Auto Met Mute: On
    Odub Decay: 98%
    Queue Odub: Off
    Met Follows Playback: Off

I'm running FW 2.2.00 BUILD 366

Here is a video to demonstrate. Note that after a while, the metronome drifts from the original tempo, but if I stop the loop and start it again, it goes back to sync.

https://youtu.be/MSqq-WKVUxM

read more...
    0 264
    • AdrianaGarrido
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @AdrianaGarrido,
      Sounds like you're pretty close to getting this working.  Which "Sync" setting are you using in the looper?  I'd recommend using the "Quantize" setting if you aren't already.  Page 153 of the manual has some relevant information on this topic too.  Cheers!

• December 5, 2019
  • jkrantman
    Contributor - Level 3
    2019-11-26

Trying to do something odd.  On the preset Buzzin' Fly, it makes my voice sound like a buzzing fly.  Follows pitch, but doesn't sound like a voice.  My questions:

1.  Where is the setting in the menu that turns the voice into buzzing?  I assume the presets involve settings in the regular menu system and not some inaccessible programming level.

2.  Is there a setting by which I can control the sound of the buzzing fly voice?  In other words, can I configure the buzzing effects? (pitch, sound qualities, etc.)  What menu(s)?  

3. Is there a way to get fly harmony?  I can get a 2nd voice there, but it's less fly-like.

4.  The setting suppresses the lead voice (my voice) completely.  Sometimes I use this feature in lowering the gain on the lead voice, but I can't find a way to have my regular voice sing along with buzzing harmony-singing flies. (actually bees in the song) 

By the way, I'm getting some cool swarm effects using delay.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jerry

read more...
    0 170
    • jkrantman
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @jkrantman,

1. The buzzing sound in preset 121 is caused by the "Synth" effect - this is in the "Vocal" menu

2. Same answer as above, all the settings will be here

3. No, you cannot use the Harmony effect on the Synth voice - this is because the Harmony effect is first in the effects chain so it's applied to your lead voice, and Synth is then later down the chain, and this order is hard-coded so you can't have the Synth effect first then feeding into the Harmony effect

4. To bring your lead voice back into the mix I'd recommend using the "Double" effect with the "1 Voice Tight" style

Hopefully that's helpful, cheers!

• November 27, 2019
  • Montxo
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-26

Hello,

I suppose that the audio in the unit goes to the PC via USB? or not?

So can I record the audio comming via USB in my PC windows?

THanks in advance.

Montxo

0 117
    • Montxo
      TCH-Spencer

Hey @Montxo,
      Yes indeed just connect your Touch 2 to your computer via USB and it should automatically detect, you don't have to install any additional drivers.  This Knowledge Base article will have the info pertaining to what to expect from the USB audio channels.  Cheers!

• November 26, 2019
  • BeePee
    Contributor - Level 1
    2019-11-25

I'm still happily using my original Voicelive Touch for gigs and home recording. I link it up via USB to an iPad to get the benefits of the excellent Loopy app, superior in many respects to the looper in the VLT. A question, if anyone's listening: Loopy gets the signal from the VLT fine and returns it without noticeable latency. However it seems only the main VLT signal is being recorded in Loopy via USB, not extras like harmonies etc. I can get them if I take an analogue signal from the main or headphone VLT outputs into the iPad via an iRig headphone input, but I want to retain the clean USB input. Any idea why only part of the signal (pre processing, without harmonies etc) is coming in via USB? Thanks, BeePee

read more...
    0 100
  • AlMorello
    Contributor - Level 2
    2019-11-25

I'm using Onsong ipad App with my VL3X plugged into the USB port. When I play a track from the Onsong App, the iPad's volume up/down buttons don't work. Only way I can turn the music up/down is through the VL3X mixer (4 small knobs on face). This isn't very convenient as I have to bend down to twist the knobs. Is there any way to affect the volume with the iPad volume buttons or are they bypassed since I'm plugging into the VL3X via USB?

read more...
    0 159
    • AlMorello
      Andreas-Joseph

I do not use or know much about On song, yet with my VL3XI use Aux port for the input if I need a backing track.or  we can record a Backing track with each preset- I personally am looking for someone who has insight to eliminate VL3X "settings" instability-especially during a live performance...totally annoying

• November 25, 2019
Go to page