Statistics

289,864 members
172,428 posts
  • New
    Jeffiner
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

Hi. The power connection in my FX-150 isn't working properly. After plugging the adapter cord into the FX-150, I have to wiggle it around to get a connection, and even when i finally do, it often cuts out suddenly. I took it today to an audio technician to see if he could replace the internal connection thingy or just macgyver a solution, maybe hard-wiring it so I can plug it straight into the wall. However, it's not clear how to open the back of the unit to get access to the electrical power connection.

Could you please tell me how to open up the back of the unit? Also, is it possible to buy a part for this problem? I tried to create a Support ticket but the web page was down. Thank you. 

read more...
    0 17
    • Jeffiner
      NicJonesMT Hi Jeffiner. The Ticket system is now back up and running. So you can submit a spares or technical support ticket if needed.
      Unfortunately we do not provide any assistance for self service repairs. All repairs need to be handled by our authorised service partners otherwise you will invalidate any outstanding warranty.

Please submit a technical support or parts ticket and we can then advise you further.
      • Apr 6
  • New
    becky22
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

Hello, I just purchased this voice processor and have it connected to my computer. I've got the voice support window open and I see my product but the presets tab is unfunctional. Also, it shows offline but has a green dot on. Just wondering why the presets button not working.  Thank you

read more...
    0 6
    • becky22
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi becky22, some products which use the Voicesupport 2 application only require the application for firmware updates and it is not possible to edit presets with them. In this instance you will not be able to gain access to the preset tab with the device connected.

Could you please confirm for me the exact Voicetone model you have and I can check this further?
      • Apr 5
  • New
    martin5martin5
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-05

My brand new Perform VE gets stuck while starting up. Lights rotate forever and nothing happens.

Support page says "We'll be back soon".

I would be very sad to lose more time by sending it back to Thomann.

I'm very frustrated :( Please HELP

read more...
    0 10
    • martin5martin5
      ChrisEdwards1 Hi martin5martin5, are you using the original TC power supply in this instance? If so do you have a third-party one of the same specs you could test with the device?
      This will help determine if the issue lies with the power supply or the unit itself. if you are already using a third-party power supply can you please double check the specifications match correctly, even though the voltage may match if the amperage or polarity does not this could cause the unit to function incorrectly.
      • Apr 5
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

• Apr 6
    • martin5martin5
      martin5martin5

Thank you for your prompt feedback. This problem is present with original power supply, and also I tested with third party power supply 12V, 2A correct polarity.

• Apr 6
      • Perform VE gets stuck while starting up
        ChrisEdwards1 Thanks for the follow-up martin5marting5, based on this information this looks to be a fault with the device. In this instance if your product is less than 30 days old please directly contact your place of purchase, Thomann will be able to assist directly with a replacement. If it is older than this it will require warranty inspection, Thomann can also assist with directly with warranty queries.
        • Apr 6
  • New
    Hollerfeld
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-04-03

How to factory reset VoiceLive 1

1 7
    • Hollerfeld
    • Hollerfeld
      PedroRodrigues Hi Hollerfeld, thank you for your post, please consider that to reset the VoiceLive back to factory settings you will need to do the following 3 resets, each resetting different things:

Resetting the system parameters involves resetting all global settings not stored in presets, like in/out volume, compressor settings etc:

Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      The display should now read “VWF PSDC Firmware v0.23”.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Reset sys param?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Wait until the display reads “Clear/reset done”.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.

Clearing all presets deletes all settings stored in the presets, like settings for the pitch-correction, the harmonies, the effects etc:
      Hold the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys down and insert the powercable into the connector on the back.
      Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all presets?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.
      Remove the powercable from the unit to turn off the VoiceLive; put the powercable back into the connector to turn it back on.
      Clearing all songs deletes all settings stored in the songs in SONG MODE, like the chord/root and preset chosen for each song step in each song:

Let go of the PREVIOUS + NEXT keys and turn the encoder wheel until the screen reads “Clr all songs?”.

Hit EDIT to confirm.

Your VoiceLive has now been reset to full factory settings. Thank you
      • Apr 4
    • Hollerfeld
      Hollerfeld

Thank you for your message. Factory reset worked very well

• Apr 5
  • New
    ByronJohnston
    Contributor - Level 1
    2022-04-03

While adjusting my Voice Live 3, I accidently moved aomething that is preventing my AUX plugin that inputs my Rythem machine into the mix. What did do and how can I fix it. Apparently the Reset button under the head phone hole does not work

0 11
    • ByronJohnston
      PedroRodrigues Hi ByronJohnston, thank you for your post, please consider that Aux input and Monitor input are mutually exclusive. Only one may be used at a time.
      If you sing to pre-produced tracks and don’t have a guitar or MIDI keyboard connected, VL3X will read key/scale information from a music signal present at the Aux jack – this might be a song from an MP3 player or smartphone. Finally, VL3X can also read key/scale information from the Monitor In jack.
      To use USB audio as an Aux, simply connect VL3X to your computer using a USB cable and designate it as the audio output device in your computer. With this setup, a stereo audio signal will be streamed to VL3X that you can sing/ play along with. This audio signal will also guide NaturalPlay if no guitar or MIDI signal is present.

Use the Aux Gain parameter to control the level of the signal received at the Aux input jack. If you are getting distortion when connecting an external music source to the Aux input, try turning this control down. Aux Vocal Cancel Parameter When you activate Aux Vocal Cancel, VL3X will attempt to remove vocals from recorded stereo music coming into the Aux input. Please note that the ability for Voice Cancel to “work its magic” is highly dependent on the mix of the incoming music. Stereo recordings with vocals directly in the middle and instruments panned far to the left and right tend to work the best.

Use the RoomSense Auto-Detect parameter to add the RoomSense microphones built into your VL3X to the available NaturalPlay sources.
      Parameter settings:
      ► On: VL3X will “listen” to the RoomSense microphones for Key/Scale information if no Guitar, MIDI or Aux signal is present.
      ► Off: VL3X will ignore any music “heard” by the RoomSense microphones

I hope this helps

Thank you
      • Apr 3
  • New
    MagicMattBlues
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-29

The power connector on my FX150 has broken and needs replacing. It looks like it's not manufactured any more, and it's out of warranty. Is it possible to buy the connector, or will I need to cannibalise something? 

Also, is there a replacement unit for the FX150? I really like it and wanted a second, or something that does the same job. 

read more...
    0 8
    • MagicMattBlues
      WilliamR Hello Matt, Please click on the support link above and create a tech support ticket and someone will get in touch with you about ordering this power supply for you. As far as the FX150 goes, we don't have an updated version of the fx150 at the moment.
      • Mar 29
    • MagicMattBlues
      Mtthiede70 Looking for a replacement foot switch for my harmony singer 2 pedal.
      • Mar 30
  • New
    Pmichetti
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-28

I was setting up my Voicelive 3 like I've done hundreds of times, unfortunately, I grabbed the wrong power supply/ transformer. As soon as I turned it on it popped and died. Is there an internal fuse or some sort of protection to keep from frying the whole circuit board?  Is it worth trying to fix?

read more...
    0 16
    • Pmichetti
      PedroRodrigues Hi Pmichetti, thank you for your post, in this case I would suggest to submit an Service Request to our Service Team by following the link below: https://community.musictribe.com/pages/create-new-ticket?type=service%20request&brand=TCHelicon Thank you
      • Mar 29
    • Pmichetti
      Nigel67 Hi Pmichetti. There is a 2Amp fuse in the VL3. Labelled F1. Please take all necessary precautions if you do decide to open the unit. You may have damaged other components though depending on the orientation on the pin that carried the voltage. Its worth having a go at changing the fuse, you have nothing to lose.
      • Mar 29
      • VL3, Did I kill it?
        ByronJohnston While adjusting my Voice Live 3, I accidentally moved something that is preventing my AUX plugin that I am using for my Rhythm machine to input the sound into the system. What do you think I did and how can I fix it. Apparently the Reset button under the head phone hole does not work. I tried to do a reset by holding down the small button under the head phone hole and cannot feel the reset button. Perhaps I broke it the last time I did a reset.
        • ·
        • Apr 2
      • VL3, Did I kill it?
        PedroRodrigues Hi ByronJohnston, thank you for your comment, please check my reply on your post above, I hope my guidance will help you overcome this issue. Thank you
        • Apr 3
  • New
    JamesBarbarello
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-23

Hi, Just got a Perform VK.  Works fine, but two things I can't figure out.  First, when I connect it to my Yamaha MOX-6 keyboard's MIDI out, the Tap key blinks.  When I disconnect the MIDI cable, the blinking stops.  Tried pressing the SET button on startup, but that didn't help.

Second, I can't seem to beam Doubling from the phone app.  It does the modem-like sound thing, but no response from the VK.

I'd really appreciate any feedback on these two areas.  Thanks, Jim

read more...
    0 16
    • JamesBarbarello
      PedroRodrigues Hi JamesBarbarello, thank you for your post, regarding your question please be aware that this unit only offers one MIDI input port that effectively responds to Control Change (CC), Program Change (PC) and MIDI Tempo (not MIDI Clock) information.
      For convenience, we have mapped many PERFORM-VK CC’s to the Behringer UMA25s controller keyboard. The “UMA25s Mapping” column shows the button or control on the UMA25s related to each control.
      When it comes to MIDI PC Messages the PERFORM-VK’s 3 presets correspond to Program Change Bank 0: 125, 126, 127
      The following chart shows a list of all available control changes. The MIDI channel can be set by holding the Set button and pressing a note on a connected MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel on which this note was sent will be used as the MIDI receive channel.

Regarding the RPn/nRPn Implementation the RPN 0: Pitch Bend Sensitivity,this is a standard way to change pitch bend range.
      When it comes to MIDI Tempo, the Perform-VK responds to incoming MIDI tempo and will adjust system Tap Tempo accordingly.
      About Split Point and Transpose, when controlling harmony via MIDI, in either Notes mode or NaturalPlay, it is sometimes desirable to have one section of the keyboard designated to sending that control information.
      It could be the area that your left hand is, to play chords of harmonies.
      In order to designate an area of the keyboard to respond to, a Split Point is set. Any notes, either above or below the split point, are deemed useable by the system. Notes outside the range are rejected.
      To set the Split Point, hold the SET button and press the note on your keyboard that you want to act as the split note.
      Then, to choose a split ABOVE that note, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE ABOVE your split note. To choose a split BELOW, release the split note and press a note ONE SEMITONE BELOW your split note.
      This creates a split, above or below, with no transposition, in order to set a split point AND transpose the incoming MIDI notes, you will choose a different note in place of the ABOVE/BELOW notes mentioned above.
      It will seem a bit confusing but does allow you to make both a split above/below point AND transpose either up or down. So, here’s a chart and some explanation.

In the chart above, “X” is the split note, the point at which you want to split the keyboard, as explained previously.
      To facilitate things like “split above, but transpose down” we need to have settings both above and below your split point. That’s where the chart comes in.
      For example, if you want to split ABOVE middle C, typically known as C4, but transpose DOWN so that C4 is actually C2, you’d do the following:
      1. Hold SET
      2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 6 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (F#) If you want to split BELOW middle C (C4) and transpose up so that C4 is C6, you’d:
      1. Hold SET 2. Press middle C (C4)
      3. Press the note 2 SEMITONES DOWN from middle C (A#)
      You may need to experiment a bit to figure this out, but it does give you the ability to set your split point, split direction and transposition very quickly.

When it comes to load presets on your Perform VK you must first open the Perform VK App on your Phone and select a Preset, Song or Artist please first select the slot, 1,2 or 3 where you wish the preset to live and them press Beam.
      Please take in to account is that you must have the Bluetooth of your phone active, you must turn the volume on your device and hold your phone close to the RoomSense Mic and wait until the exchange data sound as ended.
      To locate the RoomSense Mic on your unit please see the picture below:

If you follow these steps you will be able to successfully conclude the preset transfer.

Thank you
      • Mar 23
    • JamesBarbarello
      soundog Beaming never works for me. I now use VoiceSupport2 via USB cable. Its fast and reliable. I sure wish, though, that users could edit and create their own presets and "mixes" of sounds like on the old VoiceLivePro units.
      • Apr 10
  • New
    ronny
    Contributor - Level 2
    2022-03-22

Hi Does anyone know if the quality of the effects across the TC vocal pedals is the same or are some striped down or lesser quality versions?

Mainly interested in the 'Tone' feature but also the effects specificaly on the Harmony GXT, the voicelive touch 2 and the mic mechanic, i have the GXT and the Touch 2 which ive used separately over the years but was thinking of replacing them with the mic mechanic.

i seem to get a beter sound out of the Touch 2 than the GXT and dont know if the GXT can be tweaked to get same quality, Also is the mic Mechanic just a smaller pedal with the same quality.

Thanks for any replies Ronny.

read more...
    0 17
    • ronny
      PedroRodrigues Hi ronny thank you for your post, please consider that the quality and commitment to release the best units possible has been unchanged since TC HELIOCON was founded. Considering what you have stated I would suggest you to first test the Mic Mechanic 2 so you can analyse the Tone on the unit. I would also suggest to check the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME, considering your requirements regarding tone it may be interesting to check the unit. For more information on both units please follow the links below : https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DDW and https://www.tc-helicon.com/tchelicon/product?modelCode=P0DEG I hope this helps Thank you
      • Mar 23
    • ronny
      ronny hey Pedro
      • Mar 23
    • ronny
      ronny Hey Pedro, I've had the 3 and the Extreme and and Voiceplay acoustic, used them for years, I'm downsizing. Heres the answer off TC ( i think?) i created a support ticket. "All the TC Helicon products have the same mic preamps and harmony processing engine. The effect engines are the same as well. The main difference is what is present on each unit and whether or not you have control over all the parameters."
      • Mar 23
  • New
    Tyger
    Newcomer - Level 1
    2022-03-22

Hello, I have an classical guitar with nylon strings.  It gas a dynamic mic/pickup.  When I go to auto setup using the cable that came with the 3 extreme, the system cannot hear the guitar.  If I change the cable for a shorter one, the system can hear something.  However, nothing comes through the monitors.

Also, using the provided cable, if I turn the guitar gain to nearly max I can get some thudding but no chord sounds.

Am I missing something or do I need a preamp?

read more...
    0 4
    • Tyger
      PedroRodrigues Hi Tyger, thank you for your post, please consider consider that the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME Output can be set up set up in different configurations such as the XLR Output Tab, the XLR Output Level parameter and the different Guitar Jacks Mode.
      You can use the XLR Output Mode parameter to select the output mode for VL3X.
      Parameter settings:

Stereo:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the left stereo channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the right stereo channel.

Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal & guitar channel signals.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the mono vocal signal without effects.
      -The dry channel includes Tone and Auto-Chromatic Pitch Correction (if applicable).
      -The dry channel does not contain HardTune effect(s).

Dual Mono:
      -The left XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono vocal channel.
      -The right XLR output jack carries the summed (with effects) mono guitar channel.

You can also use the XLR Output Level parameter to set the relative level of the signal going to the XLR outputs.
      Parameter settings:
      Mic Level:
      Typically, the best setting when connecting to a mixer/PA. This level closely replicates that of a microphone going directly into the mixer.
      Line Level:
      When connecting to a mixer/PA line inputs, this setting is a good choice.

When it comes to Guitar Jacks Mode you may select from three modes to direct your backing track and guitar to the guitar outputs. Especially when working with Backing Tracks, this allows for maximum flexibility.
      The Guitar settings acts as the “normal” or “default” mode, sending guitar signals from the ¼” outputs in mono or stereo (depending on whether you have one or both jacks connected).

With the Track L / Guitar R setting, Backing Tracks (summed mono) are sent out the left Guitar ¼” output, while your guitar signal (summed mono) is sent out the Right Guitar ¼” output.
      With the Backing Track setting, Backing Tracks are routed to the guitar outs.
      If both outputs are connected, the signal is in stereo. If one is connected, the signal is summed to mono.
      This mode allows you to have a two-component Backing Track where “the click” is sent to one ¼” output and “the track” to the other. These signals can then be independently routed wherever you wish.
      Usually, you will have “the track” go to the front-of-house mixer and “the click” to a stage/ monitor mix or the drummer.
      If you’re listening to Backing Tracks over your headphones, you’ll hear the split tracks as described here, with “the click” on one side and “the track” in the other.
      For a tutorial on PA basics, Yorkville has an extremely useful “PA Primer” guide (PDF):
      https://yorkville.com/downloads/other/basicpaprimer.pdf

There is also a great video episode covering Mixer Setup with TC-Helicon devices:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq0AOtafIjs
      Regarding your last question the Guitar output please see the text marked in yellow as effectively you are correct, never the less to effectively provide you with you option regarding the output of the VOICELIVE 3 EXTREME will only be complete with the information present on the picture below

I hope this helps
      Thank you
      • Mar 23
Go to page